Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Water
Highway said:

The Development Team

Fellow Space Pirates,

When we released Tau Ceti in 2013, we soon realized that it failed to meet both our own expectations and—much worse—those of the community as well. We concluded that with a team as small as ours we should no longer be working on three games simultaneously, as this would negatively impact the quality of our updates and prevent team members from really getting into the mechanics of a particular game—in other words, it would stifle development. Therefore, we decided to focus on one game at a time to provide higher-quality and more substantial updates in the future.

At that time we decided that our youngest game Dino Storm needed urgent attention, since it lacked content and had other major issues that needed to be resolved. We also found that several technical issues were affecting all of our games, so we had to take care of those as well.
Sadly all of this caused delays before we could tackle a complex Pirate Galaxy feature update like Tau Ceti again. With events like RavenDynamics and smaller community requested updates and bug fixes we were able to fill that gap a bit. But now we want to make better use of the development pauses in each game’s schedule by constantly gathering your feedback on our ideas for new features before we fully design them, so that they are closer to what the community expects from our game.

Right now, the team is about to finish the development stage of a pretty substantial Dino Storm update, and it will focus on Tau Ceti related updates for Pirate Galaxy shortly after.
Let us give you a brief outline on what is planned with regards to Tau Ceti related updates and in what order we are planning to release them.

1. Ship Armor Adjustments
2. PvP Overhaul
3. Sirius System Adjustments
4. Tau Ceti System
5. Player Controlled Invasions

The next Dev Shack articles will shed light on our ideas for these updates one by one. We are very excited about what your constructively critical minds will make of it!

We hope we could give you a little insight into how our development process has changed following the original release of Tau Ceti, and why we are looking forward towards its reboot despite the delays.

Check back with the Shack for more on Tau Ceti soon!

German Translation (by Community)

when we can expect the next devshack ?

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
I assume in the next Dev shack they might show us pictures of things they have been working on for Tau Ceti. Hope they took some of my art ideas lol.

serebus

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Serebus
Rank
NO guys next dev shack will sound like this

" due to uexpected issues whit dino storm big update, we will not be doing anyting whith pirate galaxy any time soon, sorry for the inconvenience"

:LOL:

Droxor

Reaction score
Dino storm have 5 Dev Shack now! LoL

Imagine to PG...after 25 years suppose to do 50 Dev Shack!!! :confused:

I dont show everyone pilots a Image or date, I need this , everyone need this, because if you dont show it, more players going out to pG, its reality, its not a fiction! :sneaky:

Am stay here but I like this mmo game, but I began to find the time long.... very long..... :|

You have new coder...Greath, its a best coder to Space opera...Greath, but since the announcement you have nothing to put us in the tooth that can be hoped for?

Please... although this would be a small image! ;)

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
I'm sorry Splitscreen Studios, but all I see is empty promises that you have no intention of fulfilling any time soon. You're either lying to us, the gamers or incompetent enough to not be able to fulfill your promises. Let me know when either you become a competent company or decide to make PG a priority. But until then, you have no support of any kind from me and I will not be playing your games.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Ok this is rediculous so we er hear another lie from you lot. This mean that you will all just give up on PG and close down the game just like Dinostorm.

Droxor

Reaction score
oulalalala...
Shut down the best games to splitscreen Studio :eek: :eek: :eek:

Who will be next? :sneaky: :|

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Maybe they had to do it to focus working on TC. (they better)

Droxor

Reaction score
I want the true now to PG!
PG must also closed, I believe we have the right to know, if you closed the Dino Storm of the splitscreen Studio I think the players have a right to know what is going to go with this Pirate Galaxy.

Thanks.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
To clarify: Splitscreen will not shutdown any game.

When the info on the image is true it only means that Gamigo (publishing partner) is removing dino storm from their gaming portal. Since nothing can be found on their website and we did not get any information from our partner about this I suspect this is a fake.

Our dev team about to finalize the dino storm update and the new assets for Pirate Galaxy are being produced. So I only ask for a little more patience for the next Devshack.

Etoile_de_Cristal

Reaction score
I'm sorry Highway I can't awnser you in PM because it tell me that you have disable your private message receipit.
But what I can say about this is that a friend received it on his mailbox, from the adress Dinostorm@games.gamigo.com , the 4 Mars at 19h16.
It was strange because Gamigo said " Dino Storm is closing " and not only " Dino Storm will be removed from our portail " .
I don't know if it's a fake or other but it seemed official.

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
Highway said:
To clarify: Splitscreen will not shutdown any game.

When the info on the image is true it only means that Gamigo (publishing partner) is removing dino storm from their gaming portal. Since nothing can be found on their website and we did not get any information from our partner about this I suspect this is a fake.

Our dev team about to finalize the dino storm update and the new assets for Pirate Galaxy are being produced. So I only ask for a little more patience for the next Devshack.

Highway after 3 years of waiting and empty promises thats a lot to ask

Droxor

Reaction score
Cheeze Whizzz !!!
It made me a hoax is afraid !!! :eek:
Although I will do as you say Highway I will take my pain with patience !!! :cool:
Caution should be used in the future when we receive the e-mail ... :)
Thanks again!
:D

judgefear

Reaction score
i don't thnik this is an hoax but he haven't to be stupid to understand that gamigo remove this game from her portal.
what i find strange is that this page is untraceable on their website.

_PLaYeR_

Reaction score
We have reason to believe nothing you say.
Less words and more work.

sabau100

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
. . . .
Rank
Clan
Mobius 118 - TXS
Hello everyone n.n The Ghostly Falconer here...

Just wanted you guys to notice that the community (As everyone can see) is a bit unstable right now..

We have various issues of bipolarity around here.. destructive and constructive criticism are everywhere around here.. the stuff is getting hotter and the users do NOT really know what they want.

Sounds weird right? Well it is!

Everyone wants Tau Ceti but no one know how it will be so.. I just wanted to leave this phrase here:

You can't satisfy everyone but you have the choices and the tools to satisfy almost everyone :)

Best regards The Ghostly Falconer.. And good luck with TC

Status
Not open for further replies.