Not open for further replies.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Make rare cryo or maybe just make more than one cryo dropped from a boss unit with a 100% chance of cryo drop rate. Trust me would it be worth it wasting time killing a boss and not receiving any cryo drops? Happens to me loads lol
:LOL: this needs to be changed same with the giza. Just think, if you are on your own (unfortunately the game isn't very active)and you spend 15 minutes of your time killing a boss and you get NOTHING this is the question....is it really worth it?

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
No, not at all, you are very right, something I liked was the cryonite, I had thought something similar, in which all the mantis have a 100% drop, clear quantities can be adjusted so that this does not trouble the long, in addition, it would give more reason to be to the booster of cryonite

auto82

Reaction score
Hi!

was thinking of how the energy supply works when filling "E".

the problem for those who doesnt have membership to help new guys and girls in the first systems due to the amount of energy gained from picking ut bp-fragments og energy ball.

im thinking that the amount gained for each ball og bp should relfect what level you are and not the lvl of the BP.

regards

Betabot

Reaction score
auto82 said:
Hi!

the problem for those who doesnt have membership to help new guys and girls in the first systems due to the amount of energy gained from picking ut bp-fragments og energy ball.

im thinking that the amount gained for each ball og bp should relfect what level you are and not the lvl of the BP.

regards
This sounds very much over-done, in that memberships will not be worth it. BP to E conversion was a nice addition that made it so much easier, and you want to take that further?

The first systems were fine with the energy usage, and if you are a higher level going to a lower system, go get some BPs.

--------------------------------------------

Highway can we get an update? Any chance on this update coming within the next two weeks?

DronedroidMeau

Reaction score
Betabot said:
auto82 said:
Hi!

regards
This sounds very much over-done, in that memberships will not be worth it. BP to E conversion was a nice addition that made it so much easier, and you want to take that further?

The first systems were fine with the energy usage, and if you are a higher level going to a lower system, go get some BPs.

--------------------------------------------

Highway can we get an update? Any chance on this update coming within the next two weeks?
YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK WOULD BE BETTER FOR THE ENERGY SYSTEM?
-I think you guys should either
  • a. reduce the Energy consumption of the techs to help players with no membership survive more (at least)
  • b. make energy collection faster[/list}
    • c. make a drone that reduces consumption to xx%

Cause not everyone really has the resources to actually get the membership. PLUS! Most of the time
    (for me at least) can't catch Happy Gold TIme to actually buy enough gold if I can.

So yeah - here's another suggestion
    Drop 2 Happy Gold TImes to compensate for other timezones.
    Specifically players playing at the opposite timezone of what should be the 1st Happy Gold time.

It was - and still is - my main issue as to why I can't buy gold - I mean I CAN TECHNICALLY BUY IT
    its just.... I always catch happy gold time as much as I can if I could so I could double my gold cause I just don't have that much funds to buy as much as everyone could :C

So yeah....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hope this update comes soon - most of us who've got the news at Solaria - Just CAN'T WAIT TO GET THINGS easier ^_^ Cuz more players are really getting back into it and rising up to Sirius quickly - thus "NEEDING" more
    valuable tech and also SHIPS to progress further into the game.

=w= just hope it comes soon ....

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
You should make special stargate for challenges for earning gold. You're in the stargate, you're in another area of the galaxy in space (as a landing zone) fighting enemies as waves. Boss challenges any 100% cryo chance for enemies in there. If you complete waves, you earn bits of gold. It won't be fair for level 85s (like me) if the only way to get gold is to buy it. Do these kind if stuff like i just said any we'll get more new players playing the game.

C_D

Reaction score
The lack of activity here is depressing. Any words from the developers? Anything at all?

Ah forget it, I've moved on to better games. Playing a dying game is a waste of my time anyway smh.

POSITRON3

Reaction score
i have good news, they banned few days ago a commente I dit :) at least that is a tiny signal of live :)

Makk_3

Reaction score
Eh i'll hold my pitchforks down until the Sirius Adjustments actually arrive, and then giving out my final judgment whether i stay or not.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
POSITRON3 said:
i have good news, they banned few days ago a commente I dit :) at least that is a tiny signal of live :)
Hmm, i was concerned about that, the day later I saw that comment, it disappeared. :confused:

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
However, for them to get planned changes out, we need to carry on posting our messages in the dev shack unfortunately if you want them to update the dev shack.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
You devs can make an extra ring where the 5th ring has just vega-draconis ancient bps from the giza and the 6th ring can have just sirius bps dropped from the giza. Shouldn't that be added?
Also I don't see the difference between sirius adjustments and sirius system adjustments because if you said it means to make sirius bps be collected faster isn't that pretty much the same goal for sirius system adjustments. If I'm wrong, are they both the same and Tau Ceti system is next one the list?

Green

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
GreenSpider
Rank
New Information from the Dev´s about this Dev Shack :?:

What did you think about Q&A, 1 Hour all 3 Weeks on the Forum for example :?: :?:

MFG GreenSpider

Kal

Reaction score
My suggestions are:

1. - most important - Giza should drop only Sirius blueprints, other bps, ancient lower system bps need to be moved to Bosses.

2. to avoid wasting giza bps, converting to energy should be ignored for giza bps, if one player has already giza bp, s/he won't be able to collect.

3. you can increase the number opf bps dropped from giza, such as 5 to 10 bps, a random amount of drops every time.

4. please change or adjust intel collecting system: ancients should drop more intels, e.g. each ancient may drop 10 intels equally or weak, medium, strong units may drop 5, 10, 15 intels, bosses may drop 25 intels.

5. also you can adjust giza re-spawning times in behalf of players.

6. if you improve and make easier in some way Ring 4 clan missions this really would be very helpful! e.g. clan can pay cryonite to skip a clan mission.

Thanks.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Hey Pirates,

Thank you for your feedback on our “Sirius Adjustments” design goals! We found you already had lots of great ideas for reaching our first goal—speeding up progress for players in Sirius.
If we implemented these ideas right now, we could make the “Sirius clock turn faster” instantly, but we would still be missing out on our second design goal—improving scalability, so that Sirius gets easier for smaller groups and more rewarding for larger groups of players.

In general, our changes should bring players closer together instead of separating them further, which is bound to happen if we would just add more planets to the rings for example. With this aim in mind we decided we could not shy away from reworking one of the core mechanics of the game in order to pave the way for the much-needed Sirius adjustments!

• + More Blueprints & Cryonite
    + Better Drop Chance
    + Bigger Teams = More Rewards
    + Personalized Drops

A New Drop System

• We want to encourage players to play together more—especially in Sirius where every pirate can make a difference—and we are convinced that we can reach this goal best through a number of decisive changes to one of the most central components of the game: its item drop mechanics.
    [ We fully understand if you need to catch your breath right now. ^^ ]

Instead of letting a unit drop a single item for all players who were involved in the kill we want to give each one of these players a chance for a “personalized” drop based on the effort he or she put into the kill. “Personalized” means the drop will only be available to the player it was dropped for, and to determine the “effort” we will not just look at the amount of damage dealt, but also count supportive actions such as shields and repairs.
    In addition to this, we want to boost rewards based on the number of participants involved in a kill so that playing together really feels better than before. Here is an overview of our goals and plans:

Feature Goals

• Improve the incentive to play together.
  • Provide more drops the more players are involved in a kill.
  • Make Boosters work much more precisely through affecting only the boosting player’s drops.
  • The new drop system should feel better for the player.

Planned Changes

• Adjust the drop calculation so it is made per player instead of per unit, based on the effort the player put into killing the unit (regular drop chance * effort factor).
  • Take into account the level difference between killed unit and player ship/items in order to determine the actual effort players with different equipment levels put into a kill. Without this measure, players with high-level ships would naturally generate much greater effort factors than players in low-level ships and effectively “steal” their drops.
  • Adjust effort factor based on the number of players that put effort into a kill in order to increase drop chance with greater numbers of players.
  • Remove extra squad behavior for item drop visibility and Cryonite sharing on pickup.
  • Ensure that players’ effort is remembered for as long as the attacked unit is in combat and players stay in the current zone.

We hope you like what you just read, and that you understand why we want to change something as fundamental as the game’s item drop mechanics. If you have questions or concerns, please do let us know!

Since these changes will affect gameplay in all of Pirate Galaxy (not just Sirius), we plan to release them before finishing the Sirius-only changes. Effectively, we will be splitting “Sirius Adjustments” into two separate updates:

Part 1: Drop System
Part 2: Sirius Gameplay

Part 2 will feature Sirius gameplay adjustments such as improved blueprint distribution and availability, no more time constraints for elements like the Jump Drive or Giza spawn, gameplay enhancements and many more. As soon as part 1 is ready, we will be happy to share more information on these adjustments.

This time, we will make the public PTR ready for you to test-drive our changes not just mid-development—what goes live later will first appear on PTR, guaranteed.

We’re eagerly awaiting your feedback!

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
"Nice" will be enough as a feedback for me :D

C_D

Reaction score
Interesting to say the least, took you guys a while though. *sigh*

I will wait for more details before saying anything else though.

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Sounds nice changes about new drop system. Think also more fun for higher lvl pilots in helping lower lvls with lvling as all get their own Cryonite.

Was wondering if still possible to help other players with getting BPs even if they didn't shoot the target, so if they didn't hit it they won't see the BP? even if you got the BP complete yourself?

And was wondering for Giza, do all players that helped killing it get 3 BPs each then :eek: ?

Maybe as an extra addition for players with BP Booster running: give them option to decide when in squad to allow Booster to work for all squadmembers instead of him-/ herself alone. Still the decision lies to the Booster owner but if he/she want that squadmembers complete BPs faster he/she can trigger that since all got their own 'private' drop now.

skyslide

Reaction score
if i understand well, you cant see drops from other players anymore?
for what do we need a squad then ? you cant not change that part... is a pirate game and you cant even steal things? woot?

DaKuaz

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
DaKuaz
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
I like what i am reading here! Its really great work i think.

From reading this I can point out tree points:

1. What if only one Pilot of a squad needs parts to complete a Blueprint? Then 4 People seeing Blueprints they already have but their Friend who needs them is unable to collect them.
Maybe they help him most by staying away so that at least he gets the full charge by shooting on his own. As most ppl are egoistic scrublords, i dont know if this supports Teamplay in the case where one Player needs help with a Blueprint. Only for Cryo? mhmm maybe?

2. I will miss stealing things from other Pilots, which was a really Pirate Feature. We need to keep Pirate culture and pissing other ppl off somehow without PM ;-) Maybe we can introduce something that active PM makes Blueprints visible intrasquad for everybody that got PM active.

3. I see no need to split instances on R5 in future. Just increase Spawnrate and make Giza only visible for Clanmates. This could bring communitys gameplay more together.

Status
Not open for further replies.