What's new

Public Test of the Sirius Adjustments Part 2 Update, August 10 [concluded]

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyfighter

Reaction score
And just another message...

In the systems before sirius each ship had a specific role and each ship had his benefits against certain mantis. For example the engi was good versus ds commanders and flying over the map with stun protection. The storm was good versus marauders with his perforator and damage. Also the storm was the main ship to fight harvesters in. Tank was good versus damage dealing ships and shock was good versus damage dealing ships aswell.

These benefits lack in sirius a bit i would say and i know this is a late suggestion but maybe u can still do something with this.

• Perforator has no real function,
    All ships with perforator are put in a bad spot in sirius cos they basically lose one complete item to comparison with other ships, ancients dont have noticeable shields
  • Ancient units don't stun
    All ships with protector especially engi do not heave a real function. Ppl never get caught offguard. All ships can get from point A to B without dieing. Stun usually is the factor that kills ppl. Not much moments where a engi has to safe you cos ancients dont stun players
  • Nothing besides bosses (giza soris etc) deals massive amounts of damage
    No real use for tanks, especially in a squad. Taunt does not apply enough aggro, so ur just sitting there with ur defensive items holding 1 while the puni in ur squad tanks all the damage.
  • Usually you only fight one mantis at a time. This is not benefiting certain ships,
    Ships like obsidian with lots of AreaOfEffect damage are rarely being benefitted. No harvesters or some kind or waves of small ancients where a obsidian could be very usefull

Would be cool if there was some bigger variety in units in sirius. The new bosses also coverd a lot of these problems but i think they can be adressed a bit more. Especially the stunning mantis and and player ships with perforator And i know im nagging a bit about tiny details, but i hope you take these thoughts while you develop tau ceti, certain units that benefit certain ships.

Bugg: When soris drops the droids the shield does not always appear and the droids dont have to be killed to apply damage to soris again.
Bugg: Ancient units stunning players affects the speed drone only. Seems when i get stunned i lose the benefit of 15% that my speed drone gives. Eighter make us completely stun resistant or ...

Mastian

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Mastian
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
flyfighter said:
And just another message...

In the systems before sirius each ship had a specific role and each ship had his benefits against certain mantis. For example the engi was good versus ds commanders and flying over the map with stun protection. The storm was good versus marauders with his perforator and damage. Also the storm was the main ship to fight harvesters in. Tank was good versus damage dealing ships and shock was good versus damage dealing ships aswell.

These benefits lack in sirius a bit i would say and i know this is a late suggestion but maybe u can still do something with this.

All ships with perforator are put in a bad spot in sirius cos they basically lose one complete item to comparison with other ships, ancients dont have noticeable shields
  • Ancient units don't stun
    All ships with protector especially engi do not heave a real function. Ppl never get caught offguard. All ships can get from point A to B without dieing. Stun usually is the factor that kills ppl. Not much moments where a engi has to safe you cos ancients dont stun players
  • Nothing besides bosses (giza soris etc) deals massive amounts of damage
    No real use for tanks, especially in a squad. Taunt does not apply enough aggro, so ur just sitting there with ur defensive items holding 1 while the puni in ur squad tanks all the damage.
  • Usually you only fight one mantis at a time. This is not benefiting certain ships,
    Ships like obsidian with lots of AreaOfEffect damage are rarely being benefitted. No harvesters or some kind or waves of small ancients where a obsidian could be very usefull

Would be cool if there was some bigger variety in units in sirius. The new bosses also coverd a lot of these problems but i think they can be adressed a bit more. Especially the stunning mantis and and player ships with perforator And i know im nagging a bit about tiny details, but i hope you take these thoughts while you develop tau ceti, certain units that benefit certain ships.
Except the perforator part i disagree with your opinion.

Protector is like a low shield and very useful. If Splitt increase the stun strength it will turn people mad.

Have you ever tried using a dominator with strong taunt on ptr? You get the aggro all time.

Don't know how your clan is fighting in R5, but we have often more than 1 ancient unit and orbital strikes/aggro bombs are very usefull.

flyfighter

Reaction score
Mastian said:

Protector is like a low shield and very useful. If Splitt increase the stun strength it will turn people mad.
I know it will make ppl mad but deep down u know ancients should stun you aswell. Atleast a keops for example should. Stuns affect you in all systems except sirius, why do horus and keops even stundome you?

Mastian said:
Have you ever tried using a dominator with strong taunt on ptr? You get the aggro all time.
I did and if ppl equip their ships with strong items for example disruptor or puni then they are nearly all the time main target. All taunts should be buffed a bit more. Same goes with beacon, they both provide to less aggro.

Mastian said:
Don't know how your clan is fighting in R5, but we have often more than 1 ancient unit and orbital strikes/aggro bombs are very usefull.
Yeah u might be correct, in teamplay.

fleet

Reaction score
flyfighter said:

• Mastian said:
    Protector is like a low shield and very useful.
    I suggest Perforator tech change as "Perforator Computer" which can disable ennemy defensive techs - once activated, all defensive tech (shield, protector, repair, scrambler) will expire and enters cooldown.

anthony.navas

Reaction score
Mastian said:
anthony.navas said:
jlinares said:
Hello,
the ring 5 is now beautifull, but really too hard for the beginners

It's not going to be difficult in ring 5 but it's going to be fasil draw the bps and I'm not well armed with my myts ;)
maybe stay in r4 until your myst is ready?
I tested R5 for some hours and can say it's not more difficult than before, maybe it's even easier when many clans on the same planet.
So my myst is equipped
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-XqkvC3XA0JZFZmOFBkalByZ0U/view?usp=sharing ;)

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
flyfighter said:
Bugg: When soris drops the droids the shield does not always appear and the droids dont have to be killed to apply damage to soris again.
Bugg: Ancient units stunning players affects the speed drone only. Seems when i get stunned i lose the benefit of 15% that my speed drone gives. Eighter make us completely stun resistant or ...
Did this also already appear prior to the addition of the shield?

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Where time update ? I see only day ...

flyfighter

Reaction score
alewx said:
flyfighter said:
Did this also already appear prior to the addition of the shield?
The loss of 15% speed from only speed drone is a bugg on the live server.
And the shield on the soris does not always appear making us believe we can hit the soris, and im not sure entirely anymore but i believe we actually could damage him when the droids were still attacking ppl.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Hold on have they launched the update on live servers? i thought it was tomorrow.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
They did become /6 for a few days but still dropped from one of the 3 giants, so they became /2 again.

szabie

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
szabie
Narokath said:
General Sirius-Related Changes and Improvements
  • Mission rewards have been adjusted to reflect the increasing difficulty level from ring 1 to 4.
    • Ring 1 and 2 missions provide smaller rewards than before, while ring 4 rewards have been increased.
Ring 4 rewards did not get increased, they stayed on current level, only ring 1-3 got reduced.

flyfighter

Reaction score
Bugg: tested yesterday.

Could not spawn the soris a second time on ring 5. When we tried to spawn a soris the second time we dragged all 5 red ancients toward the rally point but when number 5 arrived the boss did not spawn. Tried on 2 planetes same effect.

K

Kyosarc

szabie said:
Ring 4 rewards did not get increased, they stayed on current level, only ring 1-3 got reduced.
Sadly this is a bug we working on it! :confused: :eek:

jlinares

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
SPIRIT_POWER
Rank
Hello, i can't play Pirate Galaxy for now, i will be able to play this afternoon for see this beautifull update :)
But, I have a question :
" Added lens flare effects to... " :arrowr: What is it ? :eek:
I have seen it at wiki and it says that it is a visual 3D system

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
It is the name of an effect that appears while recording in front of a strong light, or with too many lenses. It is also often used as a visual effect and looks like that:

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
NGSpeed
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
fleet said:
flyfighter said:

• Mastian said:
    Protector is like a low shield and very useful.
    I suggest Perforator tech change as "Perforator Computer" which can disable ennemy defensive techs - once activated, all defensive tech (shield, protector, repair, scrambler) will expire and enters cooldown.

• Even better would be this:
    -perforator reduces armor/hp of units
    -ONLY in Sirius!
    -effect could be with X active perforator:
    unit|perfo 1 2 3 (active perfos)
    weak--------10%-------15%-------17.5%
    medium----7.5%----11.25%----13.125%
    strong--------5%-------7.5%------8.75%
    massive----3.5%-----5.25%------6.125%
    boss---------2.5%----3.75%------4.375%
    every ship with perforator would become more viable for PVE.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
An observation of an old bug, Latinos see the positions of the singularity planets 1 hour ~ 30 minutes ahead of their actual position, which makes us see the planets inside and outside the range of the jump ship before

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
NGSpeed
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
The_Ghost said:
The Amarna brought back a stun bug. (Could first notice this bug with easter wabbits.) Getting stunned multiple times at once can lead to many cd bugs like a never ending stun. Client shows the stun wearing off which leads to a de-sync messing up all of your cds. Can only be fixed by orbit or relog. The de-sync is the result of the stun not wearing off properly.
Sounds like the bug on Sol Reactor Event planet...

When speaking of cd-bugs, the blaster still "overloads" means that when holding "1" (instant shooting) the blaster has a highchance to reload for 0.5-1sec, which decreases your dps a lot if this happens too often. This bug happens also when you hit "1" multiple times or you mouseclick the blaster-icon very fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.