gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
The_Ghost said:
With decrease of R2-R4 hit points, have cryo drops been adjusted accordingly?
No, the amount of the cryo is good. They only reduce the prize of the missions of R1 - R3 planets.

flyfighter

Reaction score
Overall i would say this is an interesting update. I got a few topics that still leave questions for me. The new bosses sound very nice on paper yet i still feel there is something missing.

• I feel like you increased the hit-points of strong units (odion, abasis and ignomes), which i dislike
  • Osiris keops etc are even easier to take down than abasis and odion now. Seems out of place. Bosses (keops) should be harder then strong untis (odion etc)
  • Despawn of planete is still on my mind, cant tell if something changed about that
  • Personally i look for challanges and i hoped these new bosses would give them. Somehow they do but they are to predictable for my liking. Each 25% they drop turrets or drones and os. If you just move a way a bit there is not anything to look out for
  • You said that clanmissions on ring 4 would give more cryonites for reward. I dont see a diffence with the current live server
  • And i feel their is a lack of engineer gameplay. Everything seems to easy to take down. If you get low you can just ab away. No occasions for engineers to safe the day in sirius. Stun catches ppl of guard, but none of the sirius mantis stun you. So no need for an engi to safe you
  • We might need a "mute" button for global chat if it start to be to spammy

You got two different sides to entertain in my opinion, those who seek for adrenaline fights (usually the pvpers) and those who seek for relaxing shooting (usually the pve players). I think for this update to be complete you have to aim to feed both wishes. Some hard bosses which need coordination and strategy to take down and some easier units that ppl can solo.

Soul-Reaper

Reaction score
I think the devs should come up with a new chat window, i took a screenshot of a chat window from a browser game to give the devs an idea what i mean. http://imgur.com/bMqyd8j this chat window has lots of options as you can see, on the bottom left there is a button to slide the chat window off screen so you can play in peace without seeing the chatter, multi tabs bellow(global, system, clan, ally, sq, and more) and also a GM button to enter a GM chat when a GM is online. I hope this is useful?

Kal

Reaction score
it is nice ships dropping from bosses and blaster from SUs.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
First off, thanks for all your reports, questions and feedback. We are currently working on it to resolve the issues you have encountered, especially the ones connected to the new bosses. We will keep you updated on how things are progressing.

Fra_592 said:
1. i can see many 5/2 and 13/5 blueprints in my profile xD
I had no uncompleted BPs on the PTR, but it seems that the increased ones got handled correctly at least.

2. Although you intend to avoid duplicates, our giza is dropping 3 BPs of the same type (forgot which ones :s), and our amarna too (Sirius Strong Resu, Draco Long Resu, Gemini Resu). Is that intended? That makes easy to decide whether you stay on planet or you "skip" it, but that kinda reduces the diversity imo.
1. We will improve the handling this further, so that the count is automatically matched to the right amount when the blueprint was already unlocked by a player.

2. it can happen that the same "type" of blueprint is lootable by one boss, but almost never blueprints that are already available on another bosses or planets.

K/T said:
1. Does anyone see the same intels and the same giza?
Intel is only visible by the player that made it drop. But collecting it will contribute it to the planet to initiate the giza to spawn. The spawned giza is then available for everyone to participate boosting up the rewards the more players are involved in taking it down.

C_D said:
Been testing for a bit, and the Red Units, after taking random amounts of damage, will just stop heading for the center and suddenly just stop responding and taking damage, making spawning the Ancient Soris impossible. Please look into this. Thank you.
This is a confirmed bug we are working on. Thanks for reporting :)

-Decimator- said:
Noticed that most of the BPs dropping by those Giza's need 6 parts, why is that and not just 2 parts? (still see some -/2 BPs in my bp list but just a few).
Bps dropped from the bosses should have a count of 2. We are looking into this to get it fixed.

Malevos said:
1. What happens when you pick up one of these 13/5 bps for example, I assume it will still convert to energy for players that already have it completed, but then that being the case surely it should automatically be updated to 13/13? Otherwise you have a continuity issue, making it look like the pilot doesn't have the print. How will this be resolved for live servers?

2. With the mission skipping and refill ability do you intend it to be a case of either do all missions or pay the cryonite cost to refill?

3. Final thing I wanted to express concern about is the fact that now planets will drop a lot more bps and said bps will require more parts to be completed, there is a danger that the current life span that Ring 5 planets have now may well be too low for the bigger fleets and alliances to finish the bps of all interested parties. Especially since there's going to be tons of fleets all in the same instance, it won't be possible to "save" gizas for pilots that can only be on at certain times of day for a limited time.
1. A once completed blueprint will stay completed even when the count has raised or lowered. The amount will be set to the new correct amount automatically so that it works correctly.

2. We added this feature to recharge the fuel without the need to gather the Quarcs. With this optional convenience feature a clan is able to bypass the missions. This is especially useful for clans that are already in Tau Ceti where cryonite can be collected in higher rates. Reducing the price based on missions is not an option, since the pricing is not connected with the missions itself rather than the Quarcs.
If you play missions and decide in between that you don't want to collect the Quarcs to refuel the Jump Ship, the refuel price is indirectly reduced by gathering the mission rewards and Cryonite along the way.

3. it should be no big issue that players are able to get all blueprints they want with the new system, since the respawn delays of the bosses have massively reduced. Additionally the chances are a lot higher to find a specific blueprint with the new blueprint distribution system when a new planet is created.

-Decimator- said:
1: The Ancient Soris uses alot of Attack Drones, but I think it are abit to many xd, so kinda overkill. I'm not sure if the amount of drones depends on the amount of players that shoot it but maybe thats a good thing to add probably. So when smaller clans are alone on a planet and need a BP from Soris they can still defeat it with lower amount of players.

2: (have seen this request many times) For now, only 2 players (Admiral and Captain) in the same clan can jump the jumpship which is sometimes hard as they could have limited time to play. So maybe something like a Second Captain or give certain Officers the ability to jump the jumpship?
1. The bosses are still in the works due to the issues they currently have. We will look into that drone spawning as well.

2. Yes, it sounds very useful to allow multiple Captains. But it might not be part of this update, since we want to focus to get the essentials ready for the current update.

Green said:
Die Lebensdauer für die Planeten im 5ten Ring werden aber nicht erhöht so wie ich das sehe
oder kommt das noch?
The planet lifetime is not required to be changed because we already reduced all the other times involved.

destroier6 said:
I said that it would be good if the Soris drops more cryonite like 50-60k in difference the normal giza because its more difficult and the Amanra like 30-40k
The new bosses are currently not fully working as they should be and therefore might be to difficult. Still some might feel that they are more difficult, especially because they are new and a tactic has not fully evolved yet to handle them most efficiently. The rewards will stay the same since they also can drop the same bps as the giza can.

K/T said:
How many times does a player have to shoot to see bp? Once or more times? Is it possible not to see any bps although the one was shooting giza?
The drop system is already live and not part of of this upcoming update. But let me explain it again.
A blueprint is dropped per player now and not per kill. You never see Bps from other players if you are not playing in a squad. If you play in a squad you see all the Bps that where dropped by any player of the squad if you participated on the combat (infliced damage, buffing players, healing etc.). The more effort you did the higher gets the chance that you will drop blueprints. To summarize it: The more the players do the more they get.

Heavy artillery said:
So, how long does the PTR last until?
As long as it is required ^^

StickManTwit said:
1. One complaint on the off-side is that when I tried to name my Myst "Skyscraper" in the configuration-naming menu, it said that the name was not allowed. :?: What? Why?

2. The majority of the BP revisions have been focused on R5; can we expect to see some R1-4 balances too of any kind?
1. Looks like there are some parts in this name where the word filter kicks in ;)

2. R1-R4 units are reduced in their Hitpoints and the new blueprint distribution system helps to ensure that each planet will feature their own unique bps set.

The_Ghost said:
With decrease of R2-R4 hit points, have cryo drops been adjusted accordingly?
Only the HP was reduced. The cryonite amount will stay the same.

Darkos said:
On PTR the global chat seems not to be that busy. But on live server it will be a bit too much , and making colors for all tchat will be hard because RIP GMS and CM who use colors to talk.
There were some good ideas about the global chat here but we need to look at this when the global chat goes live to see if it really turns out to be a problem. Then we can develop a solution that works best.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
To make sure you won't constantly seeing global chat popping up, wouldn't it be a better idea if you can mute any of the chat for as long as you need to? (including global)

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
The update seems very good but there are some changes that I think would make it better:

·Increase the amount of cryonite dropped by Soris by 50-60k and that of Amanra 30-40k so that its difficulty corresponds to its reward. (I know that now they seem more difficult, Which is not the case either, but adding cryonite could be another incentive to kill them)
·Completed mission reduces the amount of cryonite that is requested to load the jump ship automatically (I think a good amount of reduction would be 2k per mission)
·Make a visual change to the Ancient Amanra, at least put the blue armor to make it easier to distinguish them.
·Increase in one the slots of squads.
·Allow two captains or create a new position so that the jump ships can move better for Sirius without depending on only 2 people.(like General, or Sergeant)

What do the proposed changes look like? :sneaky:

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
anthony.navas said:
Which boss gives the Ancient or Ancient ships :!: :)
Kheops, Osiris and Anubis

bruser999

Reaction score
I have one great idea. The % of drop would increases while more you stay in the land but it would have a limit.

For example I noticed that the % of drop of cryo in 5th ring is 30% approximately, then each hour that pass the % of cryo increases 5% until one maximum of 50%. It means that you need 4 hour in the land of the planet to get the maximum % of drop. It would apply to the bps too.

Once that you have 4 hour in the land you get the maximum % of cryo and it can´t increase more. If you up to orbit or if you disconnect the % of is reseted. If you die and you materialize your ship the % is not reseted but if you rescue to the starbase the % is reseted.

For avoid that one player leave his computer on all night for obtain more % of cryo on wake up, you can put one system of "Restrictions for afk players". It means that if you stay 20 minutes without moving or do something in the land you don´t get the % of cryo.

I think that its a great idea because it give a motivation to play and stay more in the game. If you play more you get more possibilities of cryo.

K/T

Reaction score
Highway said:
The drop system is already live and not part of of this upcoming update. But let me explain it again.
A blueprint is dropped per player now and not per kill. You never see Bps from other players if you are not playing in a squad. If you play in a squad you see all the Bps that where dropped by any player of the squad if you participated on the combat (infliced damage, buffing players, healing etc.). The more effort you did the higher gets the chance that you will drop blueprints. To summarize it: The more the players do the more they get.
I didn't mean that. I don't want to see bps from other players. I want to see own bps. Is it possible not to see any bps if I shoot giza, but I won't be in sq? And giza should give min. 3 bps as before last updates.

Highway said:
Reducing the price based on missions is not an option, since the pricing is not connected with the missions itself rather than the Quarcs.
If you play missions and decide in between that you don't want to collect the Quarcs to refuel the Jump Ship, the refuel price is indirectly reduced by gathering the mission rewards and Cryonite along the way.
But If someone want to do missions and can't do first mission on r4? Why does the one have to pay 130k cryo? You changed some missions in Sirius and they are more difficult now. Maybe it's good for big clans, but it's not fair for small clans.

Is it true that boosters will be off if someone is red on r5? All or some?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
K/T said:
1. Is it possible not to see any bps if I shoot giza, but I won't be in sq? And giza should give min. 3 bps as before last updates.

2. But If someone want to do missions and can't do first mission on r4? Why does the one have to pay 130k cryo? You changed some missions in Sirius and they are more difficult now. Maybe it's good for big clans, but it's not fair for small clans.

Is it true that boosters will be off if someone is red on r5? All or some?
1. if you do 100% of the effort in destroying the giza you get a 100% drop chance for each of the 3 blueprints = you see 3 prints. If for example 2 players are killing the giza and each of the player did 50% of effort, "each" player will get a 50% chance(+additional group bonus) for each of the 3 bps the giza can drop. So in worst case you will get no BP or and in best case both players get 3 bps. (total of 6 bps from a single giza kill)
But the good thing is that if you did not get any bp the chance will raise to get them for the next try since the system remembers that you already tried to get the specific Bp.

2. We have adjusted the missions to be easier and reduced the enemy strength by a large amount. So a player does not need to refuel the jump ship with clan cryonite. This is a convenience feature for clans that are already far in sirius/tau ceti and don''t what to bother with the missions anymore.

Mikuma

Reaction score
good Move to the Right Way for this Game Gj develops :mrorange:

szabie

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
szabie
One small thing, can there be a confirmation dialog when refilling clan jumpship with cryonite?
Just to overcome pressing it accidentally.

flyfighter

Reaction score
I've noticed many people are a little bit scared about the removal of the instance and their chance on getting bps from the giza. Maybe i have a solution to these worries. First of all i would say i like the idea of removing the instances. Ppl cannot hide red in sirius r5 anymore and this will open possibility's for bounty aspects in pvp.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idea: Make special missions on ring 5 to pod a giza, the giza will be invisible for ppl who are not in your squad. Once you arranged your squad you go down the planete, collect some intel and pod the giza after. Maybe make the mission global for the whole clan.

P.S. maybe you can also add some fun white missions to ring 5 what clans or solo players can do. Defend the crycollector/energycollector or something. Anyways, Yoda:"possibility's for missions on ring 5 there are"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
highway said:
But the good thing is that if you did not get any bp the chance will raise to get them for the next try since the system remembers that you already tried to get the specific Bp.
Maybe you can give us a bit more detailed rapport on how the effort systems works exactly. There is no way for us to tell how much effort we do, Its like a magical force that eighter likes you or it does not. U said players with draco ships make the same effort as players with sirius ships as long as they keep using all of their items in a good way. I've tried shooting solo with a draco sniper in sirius once and i did not get much of anything. All the effort seemed to be going to my buddy flying in a sirius ship. Therefor i believe some of the ships benefit from the effort and others make little to none effort and get less.

And last but not least, what is the maximal bad luck streak u can get before the system grants you a bp? Like how much mantis do you have to kill before the bad luck system helps and gives you a bp? And does this bad luck system work also on cryonite?

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
When you talk about effort, do you mean damahe or how much you shoot the giza?

K/T

Reaction score
flyfighter said:
I've noticed many people are a little bit scared about the removal of the instance and their chance on getting bps from the giza.
We don't just want to fly with some people on r5. And we sometimes want to leave the giza to kill it later.

flyfighter said:
Ppl cannot hide red in sirius r5 anymore and this will open possibility's for bounty aspects in pvp.
I think no one is going to fly in red on r5

flyfighter said:
P.S. maybe you can also add some fun white missions to ring 5 what clans or solo players can do. Defend the crycollector/energycollector or something. Anyways, Yoda:"possibility's for missions on ring 5 there are"
I have a better idea. Cancel all the missions in Sirius.

Hihgway said:
So in worst case you will get no BP or and in best case both players get 3 bps. (total of 6 bps from a single giza kill)
Before last updates I always got full complement of bps after killing 2 gizas. Now I don't have such a guarantee. I'll have to shoot far more gizas to get all the bps.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Check out the changelog of the Sirius Adjustments Part 1: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=513&t=40513 under the "New Features" for a good overview how it works.

Its not easy to explain all aspects of it but if you only take the damage into consideration and leave out all other variables its like: do 10% of of the damage and the unit gets destroyed you made 10% effort. But there is a lot of other variables that change the your overall effort like healing others that are fighting against the same unit etc. group bonus. So basically if you play efficient in supporting and dealing damage you earn a good share of the cake. We did several mixed group testing with hybrids and classical ships and the effort was very good balanced between all classes of ships. I hope its easier to understand the basics of it.

But now back on the topic of update part 2 and the PTR testing. Feel free to create a new topic to discuss the effort system with the community.

anthony.navas

Reaction score
K/T said:
flyfighter said:
I've noticed many people are a little bit scared about the removal of the instance and their chance on getting bps from the giza.
We don't just want to fly with some people on r5. And we sometimes want to leave the giza to kill it later.

flyfighter said:
Ppl cannot hide red in sirius r5 anymore and this will open possibility's for bounty aspects in pvp.
I think no one is going to fly in red on r5

flyfighter said:
I have a better idea. Cancel all the missions in Sirius.

Hihgway said:
So in worst case you will get no BP or and in best case both players get 3 bps. (total of 6 bps from a single giza kill)
Before last updates I always got full complement of bps after killing 2 gizas. Now I don't have such a guarantee. I'll have to shoot far more gizas to get all the bps.

The ancient giza is not to save for later is to kill her from a
What is the fear that eliminate the intakes since this drop is personal nobody steals bps :sneaky: :LOL:

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Is there any chance we are going to see how the Ancients look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.