Not open for further replies.

ClockWire

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Clockwire
StickManTwit said:
Clock-Wire said:
Also only 10% of the pilots on the English servers are using the forums the rest do not even come on here.
That's true; the only people using are veterans and that only makes up a small amount. I didn't even use this myself until last summer. More people should be reminded that this forum existed in game :confused:

Yeah i try to encourge pilots to come to the forums by telling them to post their suggestions on here, sorry Gotilon yes only a few from others servers use the forums it would be better if everyone used it.

anyway think we got a bit off topic. As i said a lot of pilots are loving the update the only bug i have noticed so far is the cooldown item which i think the devs are looking into, the attack droids on the solirs boss might need to be adjustied to match how many pilots are hitting it, the Amarna could be made easier to find if the ancient to find it was blue to match the Amarna colour these are the only things, Cryo drop is great. other than that overall update is spot on and just what the game needed :)

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
GOTIL0N said:
Not to mention the Spanish-speaking community, of which we use the forum actively in the dev shack are only two, the user destroier6 and me
:LOL: true story

tonyikego

Reaction score
Clock-Wire said:

Also only 10% of the pilots on the English servers are using the forums the rest do not even come on here.

Posting in the forum is pointless. Accomplishes nothing.

Crash

Reaction score
Clock-Wire said:
Crash said:
Clock-Wire said:
I'm sure the devs have a lot of stuff planned for the game, Sirius is just the start onwards and upwards.. yes some updates will be met with hostility and some will not be. I say the more updates the better and if you don't like them learn to adapt :LOL: :)
For a lead game master words like these are ridiculous. I know that you aren't developing the game but anyone on LGM should behave appropriately to this position. Negative feedback doesn't mean hostility. Negative feedback means that there are problems that need to be changed and saying "learn to adapt" is like saying "we don't care about feedback". Then what's the point of all of it? Then why devs should even communicate and instead release bad update after another bad update or maybe even updates forcing players to pay even more because of "learn to adapt"? What's the point of bad updates? I know that this would be exaggeration but if devs made cryo prices 10x higher than now and cut cryo income by half then it would be better than no update at all? Should we blindly adapt like instead of complaining? Then why should we be happy with bad changes? People are writing about these bad changes to show them and give a signal to devs that something needs to be changed asap. If negative feedback meant nothing and were told to "adapt" to every change then most of f2p games would be p2w crap where even paying not enough would make gameplay unpleasant.

Wow so because i said learn to adapt you've just pick that one word out and focused on that... You probably didn't even read the bit about "sirius is just the start" and yes it is true pilots do not like change as you have gotten use to playing a certain way this is why i have said adapting is part of the new update and game play. Everyone that i have spoken to on the game have not given me any bad feedback just the odd bug and i'm sure they will be fixed, about 90% of pilots are loving the new update and just a few are not.

"you've just pick that one word and focused on that" what? So what do I need to reply to you? Take your entire post history and write to that? Sorry but I can't.

"Sirius is just a start" doesn't mean anything because changes touched all systems and not just a sirius. Nerfs to blueprint drops and cryo when playing in squad by badly implemented effort system that touches all systems, nerfs to items by increasing their cooldowns which touched all systems, still there's that idiotic lvl requirement that punishes new players, maybe it wasn't a part of "sirius" updates but it screws new players. Go and look like gameplay in lower systems looks like, people either cry for help, grind because they can't progress with missions or get boosted to the sirius because's no other good way with all these nerfs. Or try doing Draconis Hive story missions solo, good luck. If "sirius is just a start" then I don't want to know how everything will be nerfed after you start creating updates that should touch also other systems.

Nobody write bad feedback to you because you either don't speak to them or many angry players quit already. I could see tons of complaining on chat at the day of update. I can see many 0 warscore players who were active before. I find it funny how you say that in vague way that "pilots do not like change as you have gotten use to playing a certain way" instead of saying "pilots do not like how many things were nerfed without any reason". Yeah, there are good changes like giza times or jump skipping and no jump cooldown but it doesn't mean that bad changes are suddenly unimportant.

You would be surprised how many people just read forums without writing anything because it's the only source of info about future updates... however again it may not be true anymore because many people quit. From ~10 clanmates and ex-clanmates I knew all of them read forums but maybe 3 of the was writing anything. Before there were like ~130 people online on PG during evenings at once as one GM said, now how it looks like in the middle of week?

With mindset like that(I guess that devs will also support your post) I can't see tau ceti as anything more than annoyance where player needs at least 75% membership to stay competitive.

What makes me mad is the fact that SSStudio guys don't care about vets nor about new players, they screw everybody but people who do not care because they threw so much money in the game that they just can't abandon it. There are just bad updates that don't increase quality of the game but just give nerfs to shut people mouth because "you wanted an update so there it is". Instead of trying to bring new players and trying to bring back old vets you release badly made updates and do do mega sales to equalize loss of players. I started playing this game not long after Mizar release and it hurts to see how entire game becomes worse and worse. I was positively surprised how bad things in PvP overhaul update were fixed and it restored my hope in devs but no. People will return after TC update, they will rush it and then what? They will quit again because the game has nothing to offer.

ClockWire

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Clockwire
You sound like a bitter pilot who doesn't like change and yes we do speak to everyone in the chat what most pilots are giving is ideas and suggestions, if anyone has a issues with the update when we're on they are more then welcome to join GM chat and we will pass it on like we always do but no one does everyone speaks in the new global chat instead, I haven't seen one complaint recently.

If you read most mission do say they require squad and if you know what you're doing you can solo missions I have soloed them on my pilot account.

Yes back in the day they was 130+ pilots online but how do you know how many pilots are online? you don't they could be 100+ most don't talk only when they want to.

the devs changed a few things hp/armor weapon damage and they made it so the pilots you are helping play a part in getting there tech rather then them sat in orbit, taking away boosting. Games change you either like it or not no one is forcing you to play.

Also how do you know what gms and devs can see on the forums? we know the forums is not active this is why I and other gms encourage pilots to use it but most can not be bothered.

You think this update is bad but other pilots do not you also say pilots have quit but I have seen quite a few new pilots joining and old pilots rejoining but everyone gets bored and most games do lose users, it's the way things go real life comes in to factor or they find another game but some users cycle games. How many games have you quit? And you say about memberships but most online games need at least some kind of membership what do you expect play a game for free? plus you can play this game for free you can collect bps which converts into energy and if anyone needs help they can just ask in global chat or join Gm chat when we're on.

The day of the update yes they was complaints but since then the devs have been working on trying to fix these issues.

Malachi79

Reaction score
Clock-Wire said:
You sound like a bitter pilot who doesn't like change and yes we do speak to everyone in the chat what most pilots are giving is ideas and suggestions, if anyone has a issues with the update when we're on they are more then welcome to join GM chat and we will pass it on like we always do but no one does everyone speaks in the new global chat instead, I haven't seen one complaint recently.

If you read most mission do say they require squad and if you know what you're doing you can solo missions I have soloed them on my pilot account.

Yes back in the day they was 130+ pilots online but how do you know how many pilots are online? you don't they could be 100+ most don't talk only when they want to.

the devs changed a few things hp/armor weapon damage and they made it so the pilots you are helping play a part in getting there tech rather then them sat in orbit, taking away boosting. Games change you either like it or not no one is forcing you to play.

Also how do you know what gms and devs can see on the forums? we know the forums is not active this is why I and other gms encourage pilots to use it but most can not be bothered.

You think this update is bad but other pilots do not you also say pilots have quit but I have seen quite a few new pilots joining and old pilots rejoining but everyone gets bored and most games do lose users, it's the way things go real life comes in to factor or they find another game but some users cycle games. How many games have you quit? And you say about memberships but most online games need at least some kind of membership what do you expect play a game for free? plus you can play this game for free you can collect bps which converts into energy and if anyone needs help they can just ask in global chat or join Gm chat when we're on.

The day of the update yes they was complaints but since then the devs have been working on trying to fix these issues.
I agree with Clock on this one, While i will admit, I did also have my doubts before the update rolled and after it rolled, Because some things were not working as they were intended. But after the fixes, I Am actually liking *Most* of it (Except making it harder to help lower players with bps, i cant be bothered now it takes too much time). And while i can't really say for sure, but i think quite a few people think the same thing, Its a step forward at-least.

As a side note, i have also personally seen a few new players and old players returning, which is a good sign, and not many people complaining about things in chat lately either, not after some of the fixes anyway.

Regards.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
About the membership Clock wire mentioned and the Gold for money, i have an idea there should be a few crystals on the planet pilots can shoot and it can drop Gold and even better in halloween, christmas or easter there should be event ones that drop much more Gold but they are rare. Normal crystals re occur over time. I think thats a good idea of getting Gold. Reply if it's a good idea. ;)

Exup

LCM (Lead Community Manager)
Community Manager
Reaction score
I'm also in agreement with clockwire on his points.

What we have to remember that while everyone is waiting for Tau Ceti to be released the sirius adjustments are needed to bring the game back to a stepping stone to the higher system.

I have to admit I was awaiting big issues from pilots in the game regarding the new updates, but the updates seem to be accepted and in approval by most.

I like your idea Heavy artillery with the crystal drop etc, but that is one for the devs to consider, and if it can be implimented.

anthony.navas

Reaction score
Clock-Wire said:

i agree with you too ;)

Crash

Reaction score
Clock-Wire said:
I didn't say that I don't like changes at all, read my post.
There's a reason why you talk about only "recently" complaints because non-playing players can't complain. For example my clan had 10 active people and now is dead, how they can complain when they don't play?
Clock-Wire said:

You did, but what newbies in thermograde ships with middle tech can do? They lack experience, they lack BPs and they lack armor. They can't hunt top BPs because they are underarmoured and grinding all he way to be able to buy deluvian takes huge time because level requirement is bigger than for BPs. And the time they got their deluvian and can finally play as they should in current system they need then only one level for next system ship. Isn't it wrong? It should be like it was before, they get deluvian pretty soon and then they need to level up for next system ship, not the opposite way. Not all missions are squad ones, however even with squad I don't see for example two newbies doing Terasa behemot in thermograde ships and two newbies is already a lot with current playerbase. But even if they finish Antares they usually hit a wall in Gemini system. Rarely there's a vet who wants to help them and even if someone do, that person stays in orbit because it can't do much in mission with own underarmored ship so people just boost them.
Clock-Wire said:

So tell me numbers how many people there are online in non-weekend time to prove me wrong. GM told the exact numbers once so as LGM you should also be able to check it.
Clock-Wire said:

So tell me, how a thermograde player with maximum middle tech with underarmored ships? Lower systems were made for deluvian ships. Thermograde ship in Molikar for example can die from two top DS rockets at the same time, there's no way to defend from it in non-tank ship even if you have top tech. And you need higher level for deluvian than for top BPs, these are reasons why people are boosting because being crippled all the time and struggling is not fun.
Clock-Wire said:

I don't know what did you want to tell me by this.
Clock-Wire said:

Other games have better payment method. Stop defending the only p2w factor in this game by telling that it has to exists. You know, successful games who CARE about players and have GOOD updates or at least FIX bad updates can exists with only cosmetic itemshops or premiums that only speed up progress. They don't need p2w elements because the quality of the game is enough to keep people playing and buying cosmetics of items just speeding up progression. It's huge difference when you get 50% more exp from premium and when membership allows you do play sirius without sitting in E field all the time or even worse when you run out of E in the middle of the mission with timer. As I said before, entire my clan quit, ~10 people. Few only jump into game checking what is happening and they go. Few guys had active memberships. Suddenly they and probably other people just got bored on the same day? Sure.
And about quitting games, when it comes to MMO games I usually quit games when they become crappy or they die. I've played few games that had server shutdowns, I've played games that lost players because of greed. I usually stick to one MMO game at once because I want to get to the top in one game instead of being middle-tier guy in few at once.
Clock-Wire said:

Once you tell that if someone is complaining then that person needs to adapt(and many did by quitting and going to other games) and now you finally admit that issues are being worked on. Why didn't you tell it in the beginning in the first place? Instead of saying in rude way that negative feedback is completely ignored, which from your sentence it looks that it isn't, you could just tell me that devs are working to fix problems with this update. This conversation wouldn't exist if you did it.
Seriously, the only reason why I was writing all that is because from your post it was clear that nobody works on fixing problems. If devs really will fix these issues and unnerf what they did in these two previous updates(item cooldowns

ClockWire

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Clockwire
Tell you what lets agree to disagree you have a point to prove and so do i, lets just leave it at that.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
I have to add that I do not think they are nerfs what devs are doing but balances.

• A Boss (Giza, Soris Amarna) compared to a Raid Boss of other MMO should not be able to kill alone, with granite or Myst for example.
  • Another change that seems good, They reduced the life of the Emperor and now is not an overpowered ship, but a balanced which can be beaten by others like the Veiled, which gives more competition to the game.
  • Concerning the Stun Domes was ambiguous that in Sirius some Mantis have it and has almost no effect, so they increased it so now one has to think when and how to pass through that zones.
  • Regarding the prices of the jumps is optional, not mandatory, it is not necessary so the price is well put.
  • They added a lot of bps in r5 and the drop is brutally increased, the golden bps and the cryonite comes out very fast.
  • This adds to the elimination of the times of jumping and how fast you now get to a r5.
  • There are people who have this mentality: I have spent 4 million in a ship and how it is possible that one dies in Sirius, that ship, is equipped with components and armor of SIRIUS not with Tau Ceti.
  • They also made the Arcane ships more viable when you do not have a Parsec, examples are the Punisher and the Myst who have seen increased his speed or their life.
  • No one spoke of not losing Cryonite anymore in Colossus but it is a change that has allowed many people to fight
  • The global chat seems to me a very good thing, many pilots of inferior systems that looked for help and there was nobody now I am seeing that receive much more attention

Obviously there are things that still have to be fixed or improved, but that has any game. :sneaky:

There are many more changes that I think are correct, like the instances, but I think even if it says this everything will remain the same.
Before people complained that there were changes, now that there are .... :( :eek:

anthony.navas

Reaction score
Crash said:
Clock-Wire said:
I didn't say that I don't like changes at all, read my post.
There's a reason why you talk about only "recently" complaints because non-playing players can't complain. For example my clan had 10 active people and now is dead, how they can complain when they don't play?
Clock-Wire said:

You did, but what newbies in thermograde ships with middle tech can do? They lack experience, they lack BPs and they lack armor. They can't hunt top BPs because they are underarmoured and grinding all he way to be able to buy deluvian takes huge time because level requirement is bigger than for BPs. And the time they got their deluvian and can finally play as they should in current system they need then only one level for next system ship. Isn't it wrong? It should be like it was before, they get deluvian pretty soon and then they need to level up for next system ship, not the opposite way. Not all missions are squad ones, however even with squad I don't see for example two newbies doing Terasa behemot in thermograde ships and two newbies is already a lot with current playerbase. But even if they finish Antares they usually hit a wall in Gemini system. Rarely there's a vet who wants to help them and even if someone do, that person stays in orbit because it can't do much in mission with own underarmored ship so people just boost them.
Clock-Wire said:

So tell me numbers how many people there are online in non-weekend time to prove me wrong. GM told the exact numbers once so as LGM you should also be able to check it.
Clock-Wire said:

So tell me, how a thermograde player with maximum middle tech with underarmored ships? Lower systems were made for deluvian ships. Thermograde ship in Molikar for example can die from two top DS rockets at the same time, there's no way to defend from it in non-tank ship even if you have top tech. And you need higher level for deluvian than for top BPs, these are reasons why people are boosting because being crippled all the time and struggling is not fun.
Clock-Wire said:

I don't know what did you want to tell me by this.
Clock-Wire said:

Other games have better payment method. Stop defending the only p2w factor in this game by telling that it has to exists. You know, successful games who CARE about players and have GOOD updates or at least FIX bad updates can exists with only cosmetic itemshops or premiums that only speed up progress. They don't need p2w elements because the quality of the game is enough to keep people playing and buying cosmetics of items just speeding up progression. It's huge difference when you get 50% more exp from premium and when membership allows you do play sirius without sitting in E field all the time or even worse when you run out of E in the middle of the mission with timer. As I said before, entire my clan quit, ~10 people. Few only jump into game checking what is happening and they go. Few guys had active memberships. Suddenly they and probably other people just got bored on the same day? Sure.
And about quitting games, when it comes to MMO games I usually quit games when they become crappy or they die. I've played few games that had server shutdowns, I've played games that lost players because of greed. I usually stick to one MMO game at once because I want to get to the top in one game instead of being middle-tier guy in few at once.
Clock-Wire said:

Once you tell that if someone is complaining then that person needs to adapt(and many did by quitting and going to other games) and now you finally admit that issues are being worked on. Why didn't you tell it in the beginning in the first place? Instead of saying in rude way that negative feedback is completely ignored, which from your sentence it looks that it isn't, you could just tell me that devs are working to fix problems with this update. This conversation wouldn't exist if you did it.
Seriously, the only reason why I was writing all that is because from your post it was clear that nobody works on fixing problems. If devs really will fix these issues and unnerf what they did in these two previous updates(item cooldowns
If your fleet does not play look for another clan and stop complaining to the lvl lower tinen to learn that they are not going to help so easy tine to do something to help them :sneaky:

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
At the moment, i agree more with destroier6 and Clockwire than with Crash.

destroier6 said:
  • A Boss (Giza, Soris Amarna) compared to a Raid Boss of other MMO should not be able to kill alone, with granite or Myst for example.
Most accurate point ever. That half this game's players never remember.

destroier6 said:
  • Another change that seems good, They reduced the life of the Emperor and now is not an overpowered ship, but a balanced which can be beaten by others like the Veiled, which gives more competition to the game.
I'd add that it is still a very good ships when fighting shocks and/or tanks. Okay no one plays them anymore in PvP, because DPS are now godlike, but it is still worth mentionning.

destroier6 said:
  • There are people who have this mentality: I have spent 4 million in a ship and how it is possible that one dies in Sirius, that ship, is equipped with components and armor of SIRIUS not with Tau Ceti.
Every time i read something about "ships nerfed, got killed now"... Remember roughly 1 year ago, when ancient armor didn't exist yet? Dominator had same HPs as Punisher. Shield had a way longer cooldown. Speed act was way less efficient. And at that time you were dying even more within your 4M cryonite Sirius Prototype. If you didn't die less when the ancient armor came with its +70% armor, i can safely say your ship's HPs aren't the problem here.

destroier6 said:
  • They also made the Arcane ships more viable when you do not have a Parsec, examples are the Punisher and the Myst who have seen increased his speed or their life.
Half agree on this one. Due to the previous point, most Ancient Ships are obsolete now in PvP. They got buffed then nerfed then rebalanced, etc. Punisher is still greater in PvE than 1 year ago. Myst is comparable to what it was at that time in both PvE and PvP, but others are now totally dead in PvP, because they have a very weak armor.

:!: BUT :!:
  • PvP is strongly encouraging the use of DPS ships mostly. Engineers are still useful, but shocks cannot do anything by themselves now. Taking into account the fact they are a PvP-oriented class, thats a shame. Marlstone and Poenari are still rather good ships, but normal shocks are more than dead.
  • Aim Scramblers went from godmode in PvP to efficient in PvE and useless against SniperBlasters. Okay shields are better than before so you needed to adjust other items but you should have only adjusted Scrambler's strength OR timings, not both at once. Now a Long Aim Computer makes a Strong Aim Scrambler totally useless.

tonyikego

Reaction score
Just an opinion, but now that the game is "balanced", all ships are mediocre, all tech is mediocre, and the game has become mediocre.

When it degenerates into GMs crapping all over people in the forum, I'll take that as my cue that the forum is no longer worthwhile.

Feel free to throw rocks, impugn my motives, sanity, mental faculties or anything else that you can think of.

Have fun.

anthony.navas

Reaction score
tonyikego said:
Just an opinion, but now that the game is "balanced", all ships are mediocre, all tech is mediocre, and the game has become mediocre.

When it degenerates into GMs crapping all over people in the forum, I'll take that as my cue that the forum is no longer worthwhile.

Feel free to throw rocks, impugn my motives, sanity, mental faculties or anything else that you can think of.

Have fun.

You only say that because you're no longer a god in Sirius :sneaky:

jlinares

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
SPIRIT_POWER
Rank
Hello,
:!: :!: CRITICAL BUG :!: :!: , please fix it as soon as possible !
When we attack the Amarna boss, some of pilots can't use their items

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
anthony.navas said:
we could tell on what date is the next The Dev Shack :)
By what we have seen before, I believe the next dev shack will be at minimum 30th September because it takes usually a month after the last update for a schedule of the next dev shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.