Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AdvancedMine99
Rank
Clan
Mantis
Embodied Mind, Sentient, and Tau Ceti Rares from what I would guess.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
My personal opinion on Tau Ceti so far
Pros
-Lots of new stuff, new ships look good, new blasters, rockets sniper blasters look decent. However sniper blasters would have looked better if they have had these wires that connect on the front sides of the ship like the other systems.
-New units look really good, really good job with the completely new ancient designs for the ships in Calon especially the Ra.
-New components are by far the most we have seen in a new system, considering tau ceti's amount of new componets fits exactly 2 classes that's the most we have ever seen.
-Most interesting part of the story to look at, story so far is well done and always intrigued to think of what part 4 or even onward would reveal.

Cons
-
Difficulty is the sad part of it, not every game is supposed to be easy and i can understand it shows that the more you progress the more skill you'll need and the harder it gets but tau ceti is a big jump from draconis. I remember in one of your posts you have all intended to make it just as hard as draconis if not slightly harder. But tau ceti is exponentially harder, many of us believe it is half based on sirius as some of the enemies have much more HP since it takes much more shots to take them down on our own than it would in a lower system. For example, if i were to fly a gemini ship and go to gemini and fight a ds solo, i can handle it, but if i were to go in tau ceti in my tau ceti ship, in less than 10 seconds i would get completely obliterated and stand no chance unless i'm in a really armored ship and be extremely careful. You have either made our ships relatively squishy compared to other systems or the damage the enemies inflict is crazy, this part might just be me but i have a clear notice if we aren't careful, our ships get destroyed quickly but it's not like that in lower systems. Even running into a ds then just getting away can be troublesome, a second they see you the next time you look at your health you're at 30%
-The worst part is that your tau ceti level ship is slow and what i mean slow i mean slower than the enemies by a bit. Earth in unrest by far is the most difficult planet to travel on for example, ancient baiters catch up to me easily even if i have my afterbruner on and traps me then game over. And by the way i have my speed drone on. Many people as a result of that are forced to buy engine boosters to have the chance to escape enemies etc.
-Enemies and new tech don't have any descriptions except for the ships, this is the only thing i can say that makes the system look in a way unfinished, i.e. the new mantis units in venar have no description whereas the current mantis units we have currently seen have descriptions, the pirates/raiders don't have descriptions either. It would be nice now that we have observed the ancient units more from sirius they could at least have descriptions in tau ceti. What makes it more unfinished is the description of the tech, absolutely nothing, it would be interesting but the way it says "no information about this item or doesn't exist in intergalactic database" makes it look more like an error in the coding. Especially for sirus. Another problem relating to that is the names of the tech, this is ever since sirius started, for tau ceti i was expecting the first blaster to be called "neon blaster" and perceptron blaster to be called "neon power" or "neon enhanced". Either way every single component sound the same and it kind of makes it dull in a way. It would by nice if we give them names by their technology with descriptions. I might even make ideas on what to call each tech.
-The cons i have mentioned do not outweigh the pros at all, but the reason i spoke a lot about them is because i personally think they're important to have a look at. I already know that the enemies hp were reduced by a third so it might just be me. about the difficulty and i think descriptions would make it much more interesting.

Last edited:

nemesis1900

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
nemesis1900
Rank
Clan
Hades
Hello everyone.

I agree, they have to add descriptions in the game, so that the story is expanded and detailed.

I propose that they be carried out by the members of this community, so that in this way, they do not overload the developers' work.

All descriptions must be framed within the context and history, and their shape must be similar to that of previous systems. That is, short and extraordinary.

Of course, all descriptions must be analyzed by the developers to verify that they comply with their forms, as recently happened with the latest descriptions of the new components of the game.

Changing the subject of the descriptions, I would like the hangar ship limits to be increased, which is currently set at 100.

This should not be so, because there are currently 102 ships in the game. That is, if this is not modified in the near future with the arrival of new ships, the older pilots will begin to be affected. As the number of ships increases, the hangar limit should automatically increase. To make it more comfortable, it is better to extend it to a higher number of ships, such as 110.

Regards.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
Tau Ceti is indeed ''Difficult'' But if you are a skilled player you can manage to do all missions , even if they look impossible or not 1-2 Players that are good enough can manage to do every single mission in Tau Ceti , we had a Good Squad in Calon and we did all the missions in 1 day , at the First week that Calon was released.

nemesis1900

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
nemesis1900
Rank
Clan
Hades
I agree with Sleep.

My squad was integrated with me and two other people. we carry out all the missions of calon. Within the first month of the planet. One of the members did not have any type of membership or gravitons.

It all depends on experience. For that reason, on solitary missions in Venar and on Earth 2, I see a lot of difficulty in pilots not so experienced or not very talented.

I think the work done on the current 3 planets that make up the tau ceti system is perfect.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Tau Ceti is indeed ''Difficult'' But if you are a skilled player you can manage to do all missions , even if they look impossible or not 1-2 Players that are good enough can manage to do every single mission in Tau Ceti , we had a Good Squad in Calon and we did all the missions in 1 day , at the First week that Calon was released.
I agree with Sleep.

My squad was integrated with me and two other people. we carry out all the missions of calon. Within the first month of the planet. One of the members did not have any type of membership or gravitons.

It all depends on experience. For that reason, on solitary missions in Venar and on Earth 2, I see a lot of difficulty in pilots not so experienced or not very talented.

I think the work done on the current 3 planets that make up the tau ceti system is perfect.
Somewhat yes and no at the same time if we talk about the Missions of Venar and EiU (New Earth).

The only missions i remember/know most pilots are struggling are Prized Catch and Undercover Job at Venar and Triangulation Trap (aka Triang Fun). But it´s not that those missions are really hard it´s more the "insta fail conditions" that those missions have what makes them "bottleneck hard".

Prized Catch has this "stay at a certain distance and watch an target while tons of other crap is around you". If you get to close you fail, if you get to far away you fail etc. Undercover job only gets "hard" at the 2nd part after having reached the last spot and then have to return to the LZ and no allowing of poding + remembering not to go the direct way cus otherwise the patrol will let the mission fail.

Triang Fun so far is the most "loved" mission of all TC Missions (don´t know about the Calon ones cus i still didn´t started them yet and didn´t see any complains about any mission of Calon) due of the most insta-fail conditions of all. 1st part is decent you just don´t have to pod or leave the area during the time. Most times pilots fail on the 2nd part of the mission either at the point when the commander moves the mountain up because of the assault sq that lands or cus in the worst possible moment an rndm os has the idea to trigger and sends pilots into pod so that they "leave" the mission area and it fails or at the final spot where they have to observe for 1 last time and the mission area switches.

Interestingly i have seen here some interesting reasons why the mission failed. For one Pilot the mission failed because he was "outside of the mission area" after it switched cus it was smaller and he was outside of it for less then a second. Another Pilot failed because he did move to close to the building while avoiding the commander unit. Another factor is playing this mission in SQ makes it even harder to fail it because every SQ Pilot counts as "single entity" and if at least 1 pods or leaves the mission areas the mission fails as well even when at least 1 is still alive/in the mission area. So it´s one of those missions that are best played solo to narrow the fails to an minimum and then it depends on the skill of the pilot and the rng of mission units spawn + rndm os. And if the mission fails at the last point by whatever reason it´s a "waste of time" for nearly 20-30 mins+ for each try.

Most missions require OC as well what is a good thing cus it did bring the much needed change that pilots work together to progress rather then in the old system where 1 full sq could fly the missions and didn´t really need any oc at all.

Difficulty is a thing PG needed but some TC missions are a real pain to play espacilly if they take a lot of time just to fail at the end.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hey guys.

I will not put wall of text right here, because everything I say, I talk in Pirates' Voice series, but about Tau Ceti, I read there that -BoH- is comparing the difficulty of Draconis to difficulty of Tau Ceti.

I think that Tau Ceti is quite easy after latest updates of decreasing the HP of monsters connected with Tau Ceti system. When Calon was firstly released, it was even harder than it is now and still, pilots were considering it as quite easy planet to fly. Earth (in unrest) was a lot harder than it is now and still people managed to do SMs and stuff with required OC and enough pilots in squadron. Hunting BPs was quite ok there too. The only thing are Sky Orbitals.

But I think all of these are making Tau Ceti unique system so that people are not bored to play it. So the difficulty shouldn't be decreased even more, because this system should be more compared to Sirius Singularity, even if it's not regular starsystem as Draconis. However, Sirius happens to be between these two systems in order, and basically, each next system, the difficulty is significally increased. So, in my opinion, Tau Ceti difficulty is good as it's now.

Greetings, RavenPL

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
To be honest, the missions themselves aren't actually difficult, i actually found prized catch somehwat easy if you focus well. I don't think missions should be changed considering in other games there should be challenges that could take multiple attempts to do it's the same for that. It's more of how hard the enemies hit and our speed in general compared tot them.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello Pilot,

You can look at News & announcements section and you will see the next upcoming event.

KingKamikaze

Reaction score
Fission...
Deberían soltar el evento raven en vez de un dron, a mi punto de vista el dron ya tiene habilidades ya MUY conocidos y muchos diran "pero es un dron nuevo hibrido con beneficios de otros 2 drones distintos", pero había sido más atractivo soltar un dron con otros beneficios NUEVOS que no tengan otros drones, pese a que el dron que salgan tiene 2 beneficios de otros 2 drones distintos en uno solo. El evento raven lo sueltan muy poco y por eso la GRAN MAYORIA de los pilotos no logra sacar las naves, me incluye en esto porque el último evento no es el presente para completarlo y nuevamente no pude sacar la chromian corundum ni la nueva nave. Y si sueltan las naves después de la venta se que algunos no podran comprarla porque la realidad actualmente está difícil con esta pandemia, y hay que preocuparse más por la economía de uno para evitar grandes consecuencias. No saque las naves en febrero por vacaciones, lo admito ... Pero actualmente deberian ponerlas disponibles para sacarlas ya que muchos pilotos han vuelto al juego porque pasan la gran parte del tiempo en sus casas y tienen tiempo para jugar; y tarde o temprano esto terminará y se volverán a ir porque no tienen algo nuevo en sus cuentas (el dron no lo considera como nuevo, como ya dije tiene beneficios muy conocidos). Habrá gente que desea sacarlo, pero para la duración de 1 mes es exagerado. Dejo esta propuesta en la mesa de que hagan 2 semanas el evento de este dron para los que deseen sacarlo, y otras 2 semanas de evento raven para que la gente no haga el primer evento para completar y luego se retire del juego porque no hay nada más que hacer.

Saludos

Last edited:

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
1591219665751.png
What changes are you testing right now??? I want to know what is coming :eek:

O

Oceiros

Fission...
Deberían soltar el evento raven en vez de un dron, a mi punto de vista el dron ya tiene habilidades ya MUY conocidos y muchos diran "pero es un dron nuevo hibrido con beneficios de otros 2 drones distintos", pero había sido más atractivo soltar un dron con otros beneficios NUEVOS que no tengan otros drones, pese a que el dron que salgan tiene 2 beneficios de otros 2 drones distintos en uno solo. El evento raven lo sueltan muy poco y por eso la GRAN MAYORIA de los pilotos no logra sacar las naves, me incluye en esto porque el último evento no es el presente para completarlo y nuevamente no pude sacar la chromian corundum ni la nueva nave. Y si sueltan las naves después de la venta se que algunos no podran comprarla porque la realidad actualmente está difícil con esta pandemia, y hay que preocuparse más por la economía de uno para evitar grandes consecuencias. No saque las naves en febrero por vacaciones, lo admito ... Pero actualmente deberian ponerlas disponibles para sacarlas ya que muchos pilotos han vuelto al juego porque pasan la gran parte del tiempo en sus casas y tienen tiempo para jugar; y tarde o temprano esto terminará y se volverán a ir porque no tienen algo nuevo en sus cuentas (el dron no lo considera como nuevo, como ya dije tiene beneficios muy conocidos). Habrá gente que desea sacarlo, pero para la duración de 1 mes es exagerado. Dejo esta propuesta en la mesa de que hagan 2 semanas el evento de este dron para los que deseen sacarlo, y otras 2 semanas de evento raven para que la gente no haga el primer evento para completar y luego se retire del juego porque no hay nada más que hacer.

Saludos

La gente no va a completar el evento en medio mes... A no ser que le des caña. Este evento es el más largo de completar desde mi punto de vista. Y poner dos eventos seguidos es demasiado. No se puede estar poniendo eventos todo el rato ya que un evento es algo importante y no puede suceder día tras día. Hay que decir que en medio año de 2020 habéis tenido casi cada mes actualizaciones y nuevo contenido :) Esperar un "poco" más para el próximo evento Raven no va a hacer ningún tipo de daño.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
It's a secret :). You'll see "soon" this changes in the normal server!
Hey Oceiros. Long time no see mate!

About changes... They are obvious for me and should be for all of you. Following the Colossus topic Fission have made and stuff here on Devshack, all should be clear :D But I hope for some surprise right there.

Stay safe.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello Poland,

Surprises can always appear ;)

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello Poland,

Surprises can always appear ;)
Ye. Like decrease cooldown instead of increase :D Haha. That wouldn't be quite good surprise ;)

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server