Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
This looks very nice regarding Colossus, it will make competition more fair especially when there are more same ship types, so even those who want to team up will be scattered and not be able to cheat. Also for gravitons, each one can be used per 30 mins is pretty good decision (if not removing), so I will be happy to try out new system and give me opinion how it looked at next Saturday. Good job! 😀👍

Areatius

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
-Blue Hunter-
Rank

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Wird die Cooldownzeit, in der man warten muss um sich kurz hintereinander aus der Dose zu schneiden, auch erhöht?
Ich meine, wenn man schon dem pay to win entgegen steuern möchte, sollte man dieses vielleicht auch in Bedracht ziehen. Immerhin haben die, die sich dauernd mit Energie aus der Dose holen enorme Vorteile bei CQ's.
In Colossus the instant materialize is already locked anyone. For the new CQ system the materialize system is changed so that a player can only choose to materialize at certain locations (On Pod, Squad leader, CQ Ship, Landingzone) There is a also a cooldowntimer when a player can materialize On Pod. Still we are looking into more options to make player interactions more fair.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hey Highway.

When can we suspect more updates for Colossus and what kind of issues there will it fix? Can you let us have at least some hint? :D

Greetings

TarryBark

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Playername
Rank
That the restrictions for gravitons only apply to certain events has been reasoned and well decided.

So PvP is more balanced and fairer. However, there is still no reason to switch on Pirate Mode. You can't do anything with the bounty. We need a better reward for killing a player.

Pirates do not work for free, splitscreen. :ROFLMAO:

If I'm a pirate, I want to loot players. Or you can simply give us several planets that can only be entered in Pirate mode, where exclusive PVE and PVP opponents are waiting. Maybe with exclusive PvP missions and special rewards? Rewards for missions or directly on the surface to collect.

If you are in Pirate Mode, you should not feel safe anymore. You should always expect to be plundered. Piracy needs to be more in focus. And by that I don't just mean Colossus, but the whole galaxy.

It is a pirate game. Even though the story in Vega made us colonists. Once a pirate, always a pirate. However, the pirate mode should always be a voluntary function. Exclusively for players who enjoy being a pirate. And you have to make sure that the mode is not exploited for rewards. There's a lot of potential that could be exploited.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
@Highway I think the Clan tab on Colossus orbit should be hidden too. People still can guess who is going to Colossus and what ship is he using this way, checking Clan members that could come to Colossus :)

And i don't know if it's a bug or something, but flying from Colossus, players are no longer able to scan planets (probably players too) that are on Vega starmap.

clan.png
1591699958020.png
1591700292833.png

Last edited:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
That the restrictions for gravitons only apply to certain events has been reasoned and well decided.

So PvP is more balanced and fairer. However, there is still no reason to switch on Pirate Mode. You can't do anything with the bounty. We need a better reward for killing a player.

Pirates do not work for free, splitscreen. :ROFLMAO:

If I'm a pirate, I want to loot players. Or you can simply give us several planets that can only be entered in Pirate mode, where exclusive PVE and PVP opponents are waiting. Maybe with exclusive PvP missions and special rewards? Rewards for missions or directly on the surface to collect.

If you are in Pirate Mode, you should not feel safe anymore. You should always expect to be plundered. Piracy needs to be more in focus. And by that I don't just mean Colossus, but the whole galaxy.

It is a pirate game. Even though the story in Vega made us colonists. Once a pirate, always a pirate. However, the pirate mode should always be a voluntary function. Exclusively for players who enjoy being a pirate. And you have to make sure that the mode is not exploited for rewards. There's a lot of potential that could be exploited.
Don´t know if you play since a bit longer but in the early days of the Game PvP was a risk to fly because when you did pod due of a PvP battle there was a chance that you could lose a rndm BP (even Golds) that you had collected (when only 1 bp was required as well). Espaiclly during CQs this was a thing that put you under pressure cus every pod could lead to lose a BP and the victorious could collect it.

I think it has been removed though cus in theory you could "push" a pilot over that way by "giving your BPs to him". The thing with PvP is on one side it should be rewarding while on the other side taking stuff can be harmfull again for the whole mechanic cus Pilots then can stay out of PM just to keep their stuff.

My opinion to PvP is pretty known at Askone and so far there is nothing that really changed that part cus PvE still is "more profitable" then wasting time by battling others and even the new CQ system so far don´t really convinces to return to CQ battles.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Hi! today we had a conquest and we see all with pirate mode deactivated. That is confusing overall if you have enemys in your friend list.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Why not up all Country fun drone on event ?
Give us opportunity to buy what we want.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hey @Highway .

I hope you did watch the stream for Colossus :D Basically I know these are the first changes, but teaming is still the issue there. Not that much as before, because it's quite decreased, but some still happens.

I think the update is good, but I think more changes should be made. For sure, we can know where our exact position is, where we fight. After few Colossus fights, everyone can suspect people where they are on the map. I know the Colo map quite well, because I'm playing this game quite long, so I think the Colossus map should be revamped.

All other improvements are well-made, so the anonymizing people even on orbit and no messages that can distract us on Colossus are showing up. Even the pink rays and text from CMs :D

I hope next changes will be more wide. Colossus really needs the map revamp so that, people will not really know it and gameplay will more attractive!

Everyone, post more feedback about this matter please! And thanks @Highway for the patch!

Greetings, RavenPL.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
After the Colossus on Aurora we have seeing that is still possible to make teams and go where other pilots to regroup and also for let himself die to give their mate 10 points without fight. (guiding with the stones as reference).

I think that another change might be resize the Colossus map. Being this more small (only the center and nearest zones) like this image:

1592068451515.png
This will make battles more often instead of run along all the map to search enemies and more difficult to let himself die by another pilot what you want to give points (because we will cross the map more faster to avoid it instead of search along all the circle ^^).
Moving the e-zones as well to these positions (marked with blue squares).
And if you can modify the form of the stones, it will be more better.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
And about the teams Idk what you can do against them... it is more difficult than before but it is still possible :(

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Thanks for the updated feedback about the recent changes. As for the teaming we have already something that might help. But its not ready yet. Its planned to change how the scoring works so that it is more rewarding fighting solo than in groups.

Is it more fun now with the graviton changes?

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Thanks for the updated feedback about the recent changes. As for the teaming we have already something that might help. But its not ready yet. Its planned to change how the scoring works so that it is more rewarding fighting solo than in groups.

Hey @Highway .

Yes, the gravitons didn't show up that often anymore, so the Colossus Battle Event was really an event equal for everyone.

Ok, so scoring would be more rewarding fighting solo. But as far as everyone knows that fights on Colossus, that 'teaming' issue doesn't include gangs by few people. 'Teaming' is meant by organised attack by some group of people, that is not going to each other to dominate the Colossus and its scoreboard by their people. This issue may be solved by changing scoring formula. But what about not-organised group PvP? I mean, Deathmatch is the event, where everyone is solo and fighting is FFA. So sometimes, group PvPs will appear, because of that. Changing scoring formula making group PvPs less rewarding may increase amount of trolls trying to decrease your own points by shooting the same target you do. Well, I don't know, if you understand what I mean ;)

So I would request some more explanation of new scoring formula for Colossus kills in future. Now it's just counting DPS done to the target's HP in the last stage of its living (so, if you shoot the target and it used repair droid by the target, you will get no points, as the system will not recognize your effort done to the target).

I don't really agree with @gonzaabel at all. Resizing the map of Colossus with the new formula will even increase the group unfair PvPs. People will get easier to meet with each other and will attack other players faster. I think revamping whole Colossus map for Deathmatch Events will be only solution here for now.

Greetings, RavenPL.

Water

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Water
hi , i had an idea for colossus : i think it would be very cool , if we could fight against each other in chosen sqauds !

i think about a possibility to challenge someone on an own instance ! so that we could choose players in a list for challenge them and they have to accept or reject the challenge and i think about to make teams so that it is possible to fight 2 vs 2 or 5 vs 5 without any interference of someone else ! on normal planets it is always not fair because some who you dont want to fight interference the fair fight

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector

You can change score mechanics, but that is not a solution, because you cannot score 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, 2v4...
It will be always more benefical to team and if you change solo scoring to be more profitable then everyone will look for a partner and rocket-, mine-,etc.-boost for 13 times (available lifes) and the highscore will stay the same.
Resulting in 6,8,10 players with a score of 130 e.g.
You can add mechanics which will make teaming more difficult, but the several players who want to play colossus and only try to take the profit will find a way to team up.

My idea which I posted in the Colossus thread is the only solution and will without a doubt increase the player's activity on Colossus. If more people like the Colossus battle planet then they will be inspired to farm for prototype classes (parsecs) and therefore buy more memberships and other boosters, so that they have a variety of shipclasses to use.
On Korell server the current amout of player participating on Colossus is between 8-12, but after getting teamed on and people quiting the "event" (including me) there is a team left of 4/5 players and they will boost themself up on 1st to 5th place.
It's difficult to say how many players would participate if Colossus would be fair. On a conquest between our alliance and the only enemy alliance we are 30-50 people fighting. At least half of those would join the weekly Colossus event, if it is fun and fair. Then there are around 100+ people spread over several small clans which are only interested in PVE and achievements, because they can't win a conquest even with their alliance and they are not enjoying getting teamed on on Colossus.

Please consider rethinking of my idea and stop wasting your effort and time on small updates which still result into teaming on Colossus:
feedback-about-current-colossus-system.35515/post-187883 <- click me

OR
implement a new battle planet (or choose a non-functional existing planet) which is based on my ideas and let the event be on friday at 9p.m. or sunday at 4 p.m.
Then sit back and watch the results + compare the activity to Colossus.

PS: The graviton changes are very good!!

Status
Not open for further replies.