- Feb 23, 2010
- Reaction score
Hey Space Pirates,
today we finally released an update that brings important parts of the techstack migration for Pirate Galaxy to the live servers. In the last few weeks we also updated the launcher and the game clients to resolve several issues that had made it difficult for us to understand and resolve client crashes as well as other issues players could encounter when playing the game. We recommend installing the new client and game launcher installer to benefit from all optimizations.
With the migration we are also able to optimize server performance so that some of the lags players had endured so far will not be as noticeable anymore and way shorter if and when they occur. We tested and optimized this on Gaia (Thanks for the patience and feedback, especially when settings temporarily made it worse :X ) on a daily basis since last week to find the sweet spot for the best performance. Starting from today, Korell and Askone will also use these optimizations to see how it behaves on other servers over a longer period of time. When we see that the server logs show improvements we will roll this out for all servers.
In parallel to all the tech-y stuff we are reworking Conquest and preparing Tau Ceti Part 3.
Originally we had planned to get the “Conquest Rework” ready for testing after “RavenDynamics V”, but we underestimated the effort it would take to implement the game design for it. We don’t want to boast, but we think that you will be amazed when you see how much stuff we have planned for Conquest. It's quite a complex system, but (hopefully) easier to understand and play. Basically most of it is completely new.
Our main goal for the “Conquest Rework” is that we want to encourage more players to participate in Conquest because it is rewarding and fun at the same time. Let me give you a first bullet point overview before I go further into detail in later posts.
- A central hub where clan members can see all scheduled Conquest planets and in what phase they are currently in etc.
- Completely new Conquest gameplay system where the main goal for participating clans is to gather as much unrefined ore as possible in a given time.
- Reward for participating in Conquest will be clan cryonite. How much can be earned is based on the clans’ performance as well as their active players during Conquest.
- Clan cryonite can be given out to clan members as regular cryonite.
- Matchmaking system that ensures that every clan has a chance to be selected for Conquest battle.
- Log files & systems around it will be removed.
- Clans gather Mining Tickets that they use to register for a particular Conquest planet.
- The size of the teams that will participate in Conquest will be determined in the enlist phase just a few minutes before the start of the battle.
- Gameplay will be adjusted based on the number of participants to make it fun even for smaller teams.
I bet you will have lots of questions. We will do in-depth follow-up posts, one aspect at a time.
Tau Ceti Part 3
Since most of the Conquest work is very code heavy our designer has already begun working on Tau Ceti 3 and is progressing quite well. Currently all the missions etc are set up on an ugly-looking dummy planet that will be replaced soon with the proper visuals. As soon we have stuff to show you we will post it here. Do you want some bullets for the content in Tau Ceti Part 3? Here you go:
- New story planet
- 18 story missions
- ~190 find/hunt/etc. missions
- 2 new ne0n ships
- 2 new items
- 2 item level tiers
- New enemy types
Ok, this was a wall of text again. Sorry (if you even made it this far)!
Keep the questions coming
Google's translation bad? Community translations of this changelog will get linked here (author's name included)!
Deutsche Übersetzung von Gisbragon
Traducción al español de Fission
Last edited by a moderator: