Status
Not open for further replies.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
First, let me make a correction to Fission's answer. He didn't mean to say that pilots or clans will be punished, but that clans "shouldn't be punished" and for that reason they all have a time to spend the remaining logfiles in CQs available until update, and the "punishement" is only for clans that keeps them.

Pilots get logfiles by free collecting, so there is no reason for trading. If you lost all your logfiles from inventory, even if they are thousands, you are actually discharging something that you got for free. If you donated non-free logfiles to the clan, those that required gold to donate over the daily free one, then it would be wise to spend them soon in CQs to avoid the "auto-punishement" from greedy.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Thanks HGus for you different approach to the problem ;)

I see you get my point i was trying to explain

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
HGus said:
Pilots get logfiles by free collecting...
I think that are good closing words for the log file discussion. We thought about it when we planned the conquest rework. We came to the conclusion that since they are gathered for free just as a byproduct of farming that they don't need a compensation. But that we need to announce it early enough so that clans can spend them until the update goes live.

Even athe development for a logfile compensation mechanic would not be free and delay the update. I think that the conquest update itself outweighs the removal of the logfiles.

Lets get on with the more interesting topics. ;)

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Highway said:
Conquest Rework
Please one question about this.
You made tool to punish players for purposes of not avoiding CQ they already paid.
Will you also add option to give back Mining Tickets to clan if the other clan didn't pay conquest fight?
This way players won't pay planets for "Free Reward" like now. As you explained, amount of cryonite gotten from CQ bases on effort during fight, so the point is that we shouldn't have free planets, but make deal with enemy to pay certain planet for CQ.

To add aside the topic, gpu / memory overload is well fixed, really good job on the fix. Interval of 15 mins work good and people did recognize improvement in fps these days.
One mate was mostly Afk during day, and he said game started lagging after 8-9h in game total (probably since he was afk some more data loaded which couldn't be cleaned completely). If you would add interval to be 12-13 mins instead of 15, it should be improvement i guess.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys

Water

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Water
oh man , why a conquest like this ???

why have to mining something???

thats a realy bad idea i think !!

why not back to roots and make the pvp as the target ??

the first conquest system was the best it ever gave !!

and why delete log ?? and create some mining tickets ?? what can we do with our collected logs ? can we change it into mining tickets or does we lose the logs without anything giveback ?

and why do you make clan kryonite as member kryonite ?? i think thats contra productive cause a member that have 26 millions can spend 6 millions and give it to a member that have less than 1 million , and now he can take the ships verry faster than without the spend !!

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Water said:
why not back to roots and make the pvp as the target ??
With this new Conquest System, PvP will be even more important and constant than before. As highway said, now you will not need to leave people in zones doing nothing to get constant points, and since the zones will be depleted as te conquest progresses, the combat will end in closer and very active fights :devilish: . Added to this, killing enemies that have unrefined ores will have a chance to drop them and you or the enemies will be able to take it, so now killing the enemies will have even more impact than before.

Water said:
and why delete log ?? and create some mining tickets ?? what can we do with our collected logs ? can we change it into mining tickets or does we lose the logs without anything giveback ?
The logfiles will be deleted since they dont really work good with the new system and they were giving unfair advantage vs clans that dont have many active pilots. As highway said, logfiles were gathered free as a byproduct of farming so compensation is not needed. If you read the answers from highway in this post you will see part of how the mining tickets work. The update is not released yet so all clans have time to spend their logfiles and creating a logfile compensation would just delay the update. :D

Water said:
and why do you make clan kryonite as member kryonite ?? i think thats contra productive cause a member that have 26 millions can spend 6 millions and give it to a member that have less than 1 million , and now he can take the ships verry faster than without the spend !!
I copy and paste the answer from highway (since it explain the restriction to avoid the cryonite push to a single pilot ;) ):
Only clan members with a higher rank will be allowed to distribute the clan cryonite to its members. But the cryonite amount to be able to distributed will be limited to each player based on his rank and time to avoid pushing. For example a player level x is only allowed to get y amount of cryonite per week.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Hello

If logfiles be removed,dont think that clans should get recompensation ?
Like id cryo or this new tickets ? You changer rules on game,you game,ok but why we need suffer ?
Many clans have tons of logs same players and you just wana delete that and all ?
I think minimal all clan should get for recompensation tickets for 2-4 cq.

1 ticket on day i understand correct ? Then no more option to donate more,like now logifiles, using golds?
So how long small clan will needed to collect enough for 1 cq ? Not all wana be part of huge ally.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
hektor.barbossa said:
Hello

Like id cryo or this new tickets ? You changer rules on game,you game,ok but why we need suffer ?
Many clans have tons of logs same players and you just wana delete that and all ?
Pilot, we already talked about this in the post, you can see answers from highway. Logiles are gathered free as a byproduct of farming so compensation is not needed. Clans have time to spend all their logfiles till the update comes live.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Fission said:
hektor.barbossa said:
Hello

Pilot, we already talked about this in the post, you can see answers from highway. Logiles are gathered free as a byproduct of farming so compensation is not needed. Clans have time to spend all their logfiles till the update comes live.
Don´t know if it comes from a translator or not but maybe Barbossa means the Logs that pilots have in their inventory but "can´t donate" them to the clan cus after your daily donation you need to spend 25 Gold to spend more logfiles after your daily one or wait until the next day to spend another one.

Sure Logfiles are a byproduct of farming (like i said depending on my time/day i can obtain at least 7 - 10 logs/day) but basicly every logfile after your daily one is useless and just piles up in your personal inventory "with no chance to donate them if you aren´t willing to pay gold". In theory i could spend logs for 11 CQs alone but that would cost me 27.500 Gold so Logfiles are somewhat "freemium" cus you can get them for free during farming, spend 1/day for free but every further within the same day costs Gold.

The only reason i see for the massive removal of these logfiles is "to clear the server from "junk data" cus i think that not many pilots really spend gold for donating the logfiles so they are a "dead currency" atm that just piles up".

One question that did come up however is will all CQ planets have a certain value of Cryo rewards (Vega for example 5k - TC for example 100k) or will all planets have the same values (for example 25k) to mine? In the end i would say the success of the new CQ system depends on if they pay out enough cryos for beeing worth to spend their time in or if farming in the end still is the faster way to gain cryos rather then mining it on a cq planet.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Vesperion said:
maybe Barbossa means the Logs that pilots have in their inventory but "can´t donate" them to the clan cus after your daily donation you need to spend 25 Gold to spend more logfiles after your daily one or wait until the next day to spend another one.
It is 45 Gold to donate more log files per day , not 25. Having my 1400 log-files in my invertory , i cannot really donate 63000 gold to give them all , so i think we should just let them go , as they are free reward and we can gather them easy. Mining-tickets are better way to farm just for conquest , and easier to obtain for CQs if devs put good numbers for registrations , so we are able to play 2-3 CQs at least per week with those Mining-tickets.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
hektor.barbossa said:
1 ticket on day i understand correct ? Then no more option to donate more,like now logifiles, using golds?
So how long small clan will needed to collect enough for 1 cq ? Not all wana be part of huge ally.
The mining tickets are used to register on a conquest planet. You clan needs a minimum of 1 mining ticket to register, but the clan can put in more tickets (up to 10 tickets) to raise the chance to get picked for conquest. The both clans that had put in the most tickets will get chosen for combat. In case of a draw, they will be randomly picked.

All the invested tickets will be used when the conquest has successfully initiated, so use the tickets wisely. When the conquest could not be successfully initiated the clan gets all his tickets back. This will ensure a fair rotation so that each clan will be able to play CQ. The invested tickets are only visible within the clan and others can not see it. No advantages when using gold etc.

Vesperion said:
One question that did come up however is will all CQ planets have a certain value of Cryo rewards (Vega for example 5k - TC for example 100k) or will all planets have the same values (for example 25k) to mine? In the end i would say the success of the new CQ system depends on if they pay out enough cryos for beeing worth to spend their time in or if farming in the end still is the faster way to gain cryos rather then mining it on a cq planet.
Good question. :)

All the cq planets will have the same reward. So any conquest planet will be interesting, for players across all levels. The height of the reward will be based on the level of the active players that have enlisted for combat on the planet and by getting most of the share of the unrefined ore that is produced on the planet.

The conquest reward height is balanced that players will earn more cryonite, instead of grinding it in the same time a conquest runs. So it should offer a good and fun diversion from the regular cryonite grind.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Highway said:
[...]
Vesperion said:
Good question. :)

All the cq planets will have the same reward. So any conquest planet will be interesting, for players across all levels. The height of the reward will be based on the level of the active players that have enlisted for combat on the planet and by getting most of the share of the unrefined ore that is produced on the planet.

The conquest reward height is balanced that players will earn more cryonite, instead of grinding it in the same time a conquest runs. So it should offer a good and fun diversion from the regular cryonite grind.
I think we then really have to see how the calculation will go here in the end so wait and drink tea for the moment.

Considering CQ and Alliance the question now would remain how will alliances benefit from participating in the CQs? Atm it´s so that the aliance only provides the members to the participating clan to have pilots during an active CQ.

Another thing is can it happen that Clans within an alliance can be choosen for a CQ? Cus in theory they then could make a deal for an "peacefull" harvesting of the recources without any fight at all is that taken into account as well?

The thing is if as alliance the Clans that "lend" their pilots have no bonus at all it´s pretty much pointless imo cus those pilots then "participate for nothing".

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Vesperion said:
Considering CQ and Alliance the question now would remain how will alliances benefit from participating in the CQs? ...

Another thing is can it happen that Clans within an alliance can be choosen for a CQ? Cus in theory they then could make a deal for an "peacefull" harvesting of the recources without any fight at all is that taken into account as well?
Each clan even within an Alliance can fight against each other. In consequence the alliance can not support other clans in conquest anymore. But with the dynamic team sizing and gameplay adjustment even a 5vs5 match can be fun and rewarding at the same time.

As for the peacefull harvesting you mentioned: A clan can not control against who it will play and the system with the mining tickets creates a rotation that should mix different clans for variety. Still even if they decide not to fight the benefits will not very high if they decide to share the ore by 50% compared to regular grinding and they still need to collect the ore during the time of the conquest.

I guess when more details are posted here the picture of the system will be more clear on how it ties in together.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
WOW, i like a lot this ideas, it feels like new cq system will be really competitive. i have another question:

will the gravitons be finally affected? i hope they are totally removed from the conquests, i saw many CQs to know how unhealthy for the competition and the experience are this gravitons when you find few users that have many and they dont stop spamming them... also it breaks strategies, you try to kill a player that is alone and you are a full squad, but wait, he have a rainbow graviton ready.... so you will all die...

if thats not the case sadly it can make a really bad point to the cqs :cry:

if you dont want to remove them since they give high incomes of gold at least duplicate or triplicate the cooldown when the user is in the CQ planet (also in CQ Orbit) :confused:

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Highway said:
Each clan even within an Alliance can fight against each other. In consequence the alliance can not support other clans in conquest anymore. But with the dynamic team sizing and gameplay adjustment even a 5vs5 match can be fun and rewarding at the same time.
Ok, since Alliance is broken in means of conquest, i think there should be Graviton removal from conquest.
Dynamic team sizes will solve its way even 5v5, then there is no need to keep graviton in this system. And yes, we have no way of obtaining gravitons free way anymore, so they should be removed and there isn't needed to even increase coldown of gravitons.
As destro said, all complain about graviton use on conquest planet, so i think it should be removed since this is feedback topic for cq changes.

skyslide22

Reaction score
spawn 4 random gravitons on random spots on the map visible for all players, only those can be used down here, so max 4 gravitons per cq ha

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Now is more clear and more intresting like old system for cq :D

Im sorry abaut my bad english ...

We need realy long wait for get cortex part on challenge.
Its possible that be soon changes ?
Or maybe You can add options to get some parts of cortex for all who win cq ?

For sure,if look on day b yday gameplay,we can earn every day 1 gravi and many cryos.
Cortex parts be nice motivation to make cq.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
One question about Conquest , does the conquest ships have planned changes or will they have no changes?

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
wow, a lot of info but that's ok that's very good :D

I come with new questions:

1) The schedule for the CQs how it will be? The schelude will change each week changing planets and hours?

2)What about the conquered planets? You have plans to give them a extra use instead of use it to explore? I have thinking if maybe you can make something like "private hunting" that allow the clan to kill NPCs from the same system of the planet... But at the same time maybe it is complex or not good at all because it can make the people goes away from regular planets overall on Sirius and Tau Ceti :| I don't know.
Another idea can be: use the planet to do Clan-PVPs, that can be more simple and with that will not longer neccesary left the clan to do PVPs versus your clanmates ^^ (we will fight versus the conquest ship also :mrorange: )
That if the planets still being as a property of the clan winner (I think it will still because for that we call it a Conquest :sneaky: )

3) Are changes planned to the CQ ship? it will be good if there can be new ships to be buyable with different models, like: A imperial "Pretor" CQ ship, a mantis "Vlad's Impaler" CQ ship, etc. Each one with different skills to make it selectable depending the strategy of the clan. AVOIDING the creation of new CQ Clan BPs variants to prevent that work takes too much time. This idea being real can be amazing I think :mrorange: ^^ :mrorange:

Highway said:
It will feature a new planet and part 4 will have a surprise ;)
Ohh :eek: I can imagine a new Mantis Hive with Ancient tech behind :eek: :confused: :LOL: :arrowup: :arrowup:
or... A biggest mothership like the Mantis Hive being property of the ancients :cool: :p ^^
or... Lagrange Singularity coming with TC part 4? :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Only we have to wait and imagine how will be that surprise in the distant future update... :)

And very nice fixes handling the GPU memory, the FPS drops has ended (I not tested it fully on Venar, since the update I have many time helping on Sirius but I have seened with the F11 how the number of Batches are too small compared than before and it not increases with the pass of time, I don't know exactly what it means but even on Sirius I had this problem and now I not have it :D :D :D :D )
I have been very critical with the entire team and development status in the past. But seeing the past updates, the work already done and the content to arrive in the future I have to say you have overcome yourself and give us great updates.
Being one of these pilots who have waited and waited since 2013 for Tau Ceti, I can say "la espera valió la pena" how it will said in spanish. :mrorange:

Status
Not open for further replies.