What's new

#9 Tau Ceti Part 3 & Conquest Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
destroier6 said:
So, if i understood correctly, now there will not be any option to go into hangar when you die in a CQ? if you dont have any zone or your CQ Ship died, how you will respawn, you will be able to spawn into the landing zone without going into orbit?
so now we will have the option to respawn into: squad leader, conquest ship or landing zone? (all of this without energy cost?)
Yes a player will not have the option to get rescued to the hangar during conquest. You will as well auto respawn in the Landing Zone after a timer runs out to avoid exploiting the system to hold on to your collected ore. But you can choose the other respawn options without energy costs, apart from the instant Materializing.

Vesperion said:
Aside from that if it ever should happen how will an CQ handled if only 1 Clan applies for a CQ planet and no other does? Will the clan who payed the ticket automaticly win and the full cryo will be transfered to the vault or will the pilots of that clan still have to land and gather the raw ore?
Your clan will get back their invested tickets when no opponent could be matched in the registration phase. This also applies in the enlist phase when your opponent clan is not able to bring the minimum players to the match, but here the clan that did not show up will get a negative ticket penalty added to their clan. This will make sure that a conquest is something you should only register if you really want to play it. In result they will have a pause until they have tickets again to register for a conquest planet.

Poland said:
1. If the gravitons are going to be removed from CQ reward, then what about Graviton collections in Clans? Will they be removed too or they gonna stay in Clan panel to distribute them to members and to donate of course, in scale 3 donated - 1 in Clan?

2. We may drop atm 1 graviton each 12 hours with some specific probability from enemy NPCs. I would like to suggest here a little bit increased frequency of gravitons droprate. Atleast 1 each 8 hours, that means 3 per (+-) day at maximum. This way, gravitons still are going to be kind of rare item in the game, and people who don't want to spend whole gold for gravitons, gonna have some of them in their inventory, even if they use much of them. Of course, more increased frequency = better. But let's not make it so common ^^.

3. How this restriction is going to work? Isn't it better to disable completely usage of Gravitons at Conquests?

4. So the only way to leave the Conquest planet after landing is just to die? Or not to die before the end? :mrorange:

5. I pretty liked the idea from quite old times, when planets that have been conquered gave some cryonite booster for all cryonite gained in the starsystem that the planet is placed in, and some lower booster in one lower and one higher (correct my mistake, if it wasn't true) starsystem than this. Wouldn't it be good to make some similar thing now with new Conquest Rework patch?
xxKampfzwergxx said:
da die Gravitonen als Gewinn von den Cqs entfernt werden. Werden diese auch im Clan unter Besitztümer verschwinden oder können die übrigen nach dem Update weiterhin verteilt werden?
1. The clan fund for Gravitons will stay as it is and you can share and distribute the gravitons to your members as usual. The conversion rate might get a change, but that is not part of the design doc so far.

2. This is also something that will stay untouched as well since there a lot of clans filled up with gravitons. But I can understand when 2 Gravitons per day might not be enough for some players that use them on missions.

3. Currently a longer cooldown is planned so that once you used a graviton you can not use it after a while on a conquest planet. This combined with the rarity of gravitons it should help to find a good balance.

4. Players commited to play conquest will not able to leave the planet even when they log out of the game their ship will stay and get auto re-spawned. Only when the conquest time (45min) runs out they will automatically send to orbit.

5. Nope its not planned.

For my end I watch some of your episodes out if interest :p

Final-Sector said:
Wie sieht das aus mit den Clan Divisionen/Player Divisionen?
Wird das alles auf Null gesetzt um für alle Clans ein fairen Start zu gewährleisten?
Wird es Änderungen zu den Totenköpfen geben?
Ist ja anscheinend ein "Beta Feature"
The points gathered for the clan ladder will only be based on the % of unrefined ore they where be able to collect when the conquest has ended. So warscore in the ladder for clans will work differently after the update. But there will be no reset of the ladder or skulls as the code of the ladder is not in a state to remove the beta flag. We have planned something else with it but that is not part of this dev shack ^^

Gisbragon

Reaction score
The new conquests mean I can't change my spaceship during a conquest? How do you change a spaceship if you don't have access to the hangar?

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Gisbragon said:
The new conquests mean I can't change my spaceship during a conquest? How do you change a spaceship if you don't have access to the hangar?
For me thats better, you have to choose your ship with a lot of head, like other competitive games were the champ/units/ship selection will be important for the result of the fight :D

Gisbragon

Reaction score
I'm not excited about it. I'm someone who likes to change his playing style and that includes trying out different classes. Then they should introduce that you can change the ships from the surface. The large battleships in the conquests could have this function. This makes conquests unpredictable and you can change your tactics at any time. Creates more excitement on conquests.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Gisbragon said:
I'm not excited about it. I'm someone who likes to change his playing style and that includes trying out different classes. Then they should introduce that you can change the ships from the surface. The large battleships in the conquests could have this function. This makes conquests unpredictable and you can change your tactics at any time. Creates more excitement on conquests.
What about the gravitons refresh then....

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Highway said:
4. Players commited to play conquest will not able to leave the planet even when they log out of the game their ship will stay and get auto re-spawned. Only when the conquest time (45min) runs out they will automatically send to orbit.
I thought conquest time would be at least 1h.
30-40 mins was the case of fast conquest, so i dont think conquest will be at perfection of fun and fight with just 45 min. Any chance it could change to 1h total?

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Rajaa said:
Highway said:
I thought conquest time would be at least 1h.
30-40 mins was the case of fast conquest, so i dont think conquest will be at perfection of fun and fight with just 45 min. Any chance it could change to 1h total?
Now the combat will be faster and more usual, a 40 mins CQ of the previous CQ system was fast and had a lot of pause times cause to the travels from the planet to the hangar but 45 mins of this new system will mean a lot of amazing gameplay ;)

Gisbragon

Reaction score
destroier6 said:
Gisbragon said:
What about the gravitons refresh then....
Who says that gravitons have to reset when you change ships on the planet? The cooldown can remain. In my opinion, one can also ban gravitons completely on conquests. I wouldn't have anything to object to.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The conquest times are not fixed and might get adjusted based on the testing and feedback. You will have plenty to do in the 45 mins during conquest so it should not get boring. Especially that it raises the heat during the end to one remaining area that produces ore.

You will adapt your tactics to the new game play the conquest offers. So your team must choose ships before it starts and and the other team must do this as well. It makes every role in the team important and I think it also will get more enjoyable to play in the end.

Gisbragon

Reaction score
Spaceships, which one determines before, make the conquest predictable. If you have the possibility to change the spaceship on the surface, you have a new challenge, because the enemies have the same possibility. The playing style could then be adapted to new combat situations. I think the idea is worth trying out. If not, it's not bad either. But that would be a missed opportunity.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
We must see if we really miss out that potential after the new conquest has had some time to evolve. We had also feedback on this during the design phase, but since this would involve a lot of effort to make players able to switch on ships on the planet we left this out for now.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Highway said:
We must see if we really miss out that potential after the new conquest has had some time to evolve. We had also feedback on this during the design phase, but since this would involve a lot of effort to make players able to switch on ships on the planet we left this out for now.
I would say yes, to be able to change at battle but not at start. First to let players give opinions how first conquests went, well or not. I have some ideas for hangar and some other stuff but will not present them now. I hope gameplay does lots more in those 45 mins as you say. I count on your good work :)

Gisbragon

Reaction score
The change of ships does not have to be integrated immediately. Surely the new conquests have to be looked at and tested first.

But you can keep the idea in mind. It is complex, but could increase the fun of conquering. :)

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello everyone once again.

Ah, it's me once more xD With some noob questions probably that You have easy answer for, Highway ^^

Not gonna extend, it's time for them. But now, just 2 of them not to make High's fingers feel pain :mrorange: :

Highway said:
(...) You will as well auto respawn in the Landing Zone after a timer runs out to avoid exploiting the system to hold on to your collected ore. (...)
1. Will we get some new animation for Landing Zone auto-respawn feature on Conquest then? Or such? As I wonder it should be quite different comparing to self-materialization on the spot that is the one player died :p

Highway said:
(...) This also applies in the enlist phase when your opponent clan is not able to bring the minimum players to the match, (...)
2. How the numbers of minimum players for the match are going to vary? What the new conquest algorythm is going to take in consideration in creating such a number of minimum participants? How clan is going to register those people into the conquest or such? So in simple way, how this is going to work, basically? ^^

Now something that differs from current Dev Shack but, if you watch some of my Pirates' Voice episodes, I need to know the answer:

3. Did Your team take some of the ideas into consideration of implementing into the game? Such like 'Arena of Colossus' so some changes to Colossus PvP Planet or Repeatable Missions, suggested by Vesperion, that are really liked among the community?

Thanks for answering all questions before! Your work on CQs matter is quite good and I hope only positives gonna come from it! Keep with it :D

Greetings, RavenPL

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
I will ask a question unrelated to the conquests, in Tau Ceti part three, will we finally know who or what the ancient are, or will that be for the fourth part? I've been waiting for almost six years to know what the hell are the ancient.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
It might be just my impression but i guess that our Clan then won´t really compete in any of the new CQ system considering how split the time is sometimes so that an planing is really hard to do i think + we don´t have really much players interested in the PvP part of the game anyways so i think we will have tickets for nothing lol.

Also what happens during a CQ round if for whatever reason Pilots have to leave?

Say for example 2 Clans start with 10 Pilots each and after X mins from Clan A 3 or 4 Pilots have to leave cus something unexpected happened in RL (power outage, emergency, etc). How will the game handle such situation cus in theory Clan B then has an advantage cus they still have their 10 Pilots while Clan A only has 6 or 7 Pilots?

In terms of the "change ships" situation i would suggest to give Players the option to chose if they wanna switch to another ship during the respawn phase by giving some sort of menu that shows you the ship you have for the current system and can be selected from then and when you reland you are in that ship.

With the "stick to the ship you are in" solution battles might not have that much variaty + flexibility to adjust to the situation for the pilots.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Vesperion said:
It might be just my impression but i guess that our Clan then won´t really compete
Join my clan xD

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Rajaa said:
Vesperion said:
It might be just my impression but i guess that our Clan then won´t really compete
Join my clan xD
Recruiting to clans and clan members' movement for CQ started ^^

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Poland said:
Rajaa said:
Vesperion said:
Join my clan xD
Well for better experience in cqs and dynamic team sizes , i would suggest max 2 clans can participate in ally in same cq. Will see will that cq be that fun with 5 ppl only. Preferably 10 ppl from 2 clans that can be in ally , so ally can be use for cq. Other clans from ally wouldn't participate in CQ ( like form new alliances between clans). And yea get the recruiting started. lol :D

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Rajaa said:
Poland said:
Rajaa said:
Vesperion said:
Join my clan xD
Well for better experience in cqs and dynamic team sizes , i would suggest max 2 clans can participate in ally in same cq. Will see will that cq be that fun with 5 ppl only. Preferably 10 ppl from 2 clans that can be in ally , so ally can be use for cq. Other clans from ally wouldn't participate in CQ ( like form new alliances between clans). And yea get the recruiting started. lol :D
Don´t get me wrong here we do have in peak times (around 8 - 10pm server time) up to 10 Pilots but mostly during the weekend + most pilots play only play for around 2 - 3 hours before they head off again and play later for another 2- 3 hours so we could maybe get a small group together for 1 full sq but as i said most pilots of our clan focus on the PvE part and if those CQs won´t pay more out in those 45 mins then rather farming for 45 mins it won´t be of much interest either.

Atm i have more the feeling that the new CQ system tries to aim for Pilots who normaly don´t go for CQ cus the reward of a few gravs "isn´t worth it" + you can conquer planets without a fight at all atm. The new System wants to get pilots to the CQ planets by baiting them with Cryo for the Vault that can be payed out with an weekly limit for each pilot to give some "financial bonus".

CQ planets so far have no real purpose to "exsist" atm cus when an CQ is over they have no further purpose like in the old system where they gave at least a small Cryo Bonus for the System and neigbour system. Until Part 3 clans can gain some extra gravs to spend for the Clan members and then they should act as "cryo mines" but again it depends on the payout you can make during the CQ time in compare to payout you can make in the same time by simply farming.

Status
Not open for further replies.