What's new

#9 Tau Ceti Part 3 & Conquest Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Ok let me give you a hint because its very difficult this time to find it out by the icons.

Both skills use the strength of the opponent ship for its own benefit. The first is indeed something like a boost and the second one spawns something.

sergi211

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Shadow Monarch
Rank
Clan
Hades
Highway said:
Ok let me give you a hint because its very difficult this time to find it out by the icons.

Both skills use the strength of the opponent ship for its own benefit. The first is indeed something like a boost and the second one spawns something.
then the first one maybe draws energy from the enemy weapon sistems reducing their precision and increasing your own.
and the second one spawns a turret that absorbs enemy hp and increases your own over time

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Interesting items. About the first one I had no clear idea at first but as it use the strenght of the opponents ship I was thinking about an item that copy either the last used or pure random buff item used by the enemy, like Speed act or Aim Computer and use it on yourself temporarily.

The second one could be some kind of energy field generator hehe, to create a small energyfield? :eek:
Also it could be some kind of Turret that shoots, similar to the Attack Droid but then stationary.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Highway said:

Hmmmmm, then i'll presume that both of these new icons you have shown us along with the damage inverter and the quantum leap is one new class since the tech work similarly.
And the class more efficient with allies and foes nearby i think has the lightning chain, allies cover, magnet trap and the corruption cloud

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Highway said:

I mentioned right away for second one to be like inverter and send back enemy damage back to him. But well i guess that would be too op for some situations.
I guess one item (first one) could copy enemy armor to increase itself, or if enemy is using speed actuator or buff, it could just "copy it".
Second one could increase player flight speed maybe , no clue what tornado icon is about.

dijar

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
dijar
Rank
Highway said:

1st item copies or steals whatever buff the targeted ship has like speed act, attack charge, aim pc, scram etc.. and gives it to the user. It can either be very powerful or useless depending on enemy.
2nd item creates a shield that anyone can enter and it reflects projectiles from enemies that are outside of it. The shield can be destroyed if it takes too much damage or the object itself is destroyed.

These would be cool

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
dijar said:
1st item copies or steals whatever buff the targeted ship has like speed act, attack charge, aim pc, scram etc.. and gives it to the user. It can either be very powerful or useless depending on enemy.
Ohh that was the original plan of this Item but it was to complicated to implement and difficult to let the player know what "buffs" are actually steal able and which not. On paper it sounded awesome but other than that it would result I rewriting the whole items of the game because only a few items are even buffs... Not an option.

So we changed the original idea to one that has potential as well to be powerful and to break up the usual tactics ;).

Rajaa said:
I mentioned right away for second one to be like inverter and send back enemy damage back to him. But well i guess that would be too op for some situations.
You are close on this one. But remember that it "spawns" something when using that item. But i can tell that it is not an elephant ^^

sergi211 said:
then the first one maybe draws energy from the enemy weapon sistems reducing their precision and increasing your own.
Close but its not the "weapon precision" ;)

sergi211 said:
by the way highway there is any info about when we can expect the conquest rework to be released or a ptr for it ?
We are working on it and it might be ready early next year to have a public test on the ptr. Closed PTR will start sooner. I will post more details and screenshots here from the conquest system

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Highway said:
Rajaa said:
You are close on this one. But remember that it "spawns" something when using that item. But i can tell that it is not an elephant ^^
Well , it should be some kind of "transmitter" or i would call it device on enemy , like "mark" and it can use enemy attack or defend items even if enemy isn't using them. So even if enemy isn't using for example protector , buff , speed actuator , repair field and such things , item copies all those in active mode - that means as long as item is on , player who casted that item will have all those items on (of course cast items , if enemy has sb - player cant use sb - but attack charge , speed actu and anything that can be casted can be copied).
So it isn't automatic damage back at enemy , but this is other way to do so :)
Other guess is that it uses some Turret area , that damages enemy , untill he get out of area , and player who casted item is invicible to enemy while he is in that turret area.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Highway said:
Really sad, i wanted an elephant :LOL: ,soooo, my guess for the second skill is: spawns a turret/drone that drains % hp of the nearest enemy and gives it to you?

jlinares

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
SPIRIT_POWER
Rank
Highway said:
Hello ! :)
The first one :arrowr: I think it slows items cooldown of the ennemy and boost the cooldown of user items.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Highway said:
We are working on it and it might be ready early next year to have a public test on the ptr. Closed PTR will start sooner. I will post more details and screenshots here from the conquest system
Nice to know it :mrorange:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
jlinares said:
Highway said:
The first one :arrowr: I think it slows items cooldown of the ennemy and boost the cooldown of user items.
That would pretty much combine the Stun Charge with the Speed Actuator.

Another idea of the 1st item might be to be an "marker" where you can mark an Enemy with so that during the marking it has an "pseudo-Aim-PC" and recieves more dmg from every incoming source. Just cus an item has an upward facing arrow doesn´t need to say that it´s an acutall buff itself.

2nd Item is kinda hard to guess considering that we have now already an rep turr i doubt that they will "copy/paste" it and create and Drain Turret that in the end acts like an rep tur but only would work when enemies are in range (to much limitation for an actuall use imo). Basicly every turr is currently a bit pointless cus they are way to stationary in their usage (Magnet Trap is the only Turr that can´t move at all for some reason) and if you change the location the turr is way to slow to catch up in time so that much potential is lost over the course.

Issue however is that the 2nd Item has something green what mostly would indicate that it has to do something with the HP and the repairing and considering Highways post:
Rajaa said:
Highway said:
Rajaa said:
Might be an crazy idea but maybe it´s some sort of "Blaster/Rocket Magnet" that "collects" the dmg of the Pilots and the Turret, and has 2 possible outcomes :
1. It collected the max ammount and self destructs
2. It runs out and collected only x% and self destructs
And if 1 of the 2 options happen it explodes like an Aggrobomb and then either dmging every enemy or healing every Pilot inside the blast radius with the collected ammount of "Blasters/Rockets"... like said an crazy idea but who knows.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Vesperion said:
Magnet Trap is the only Turr that can´t move at all for some reason) and if you change the location the turr is way to slow to catch up in time so that much potential is lost over the course.
Remember that Magnet Trap is not a turret, as the name says its a Trap, and have different mechanics compared to Turrets, you can place the Trap in enemies or at yourself,while turrets can only be placed at yourself :)

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The part for skill 1 that is correct is that it steals something (but not any buffs) from the enemy ship and make use of it on yourself ;)

Vesperion said:
Might be an crazy idea but maybe it´s some sort of "Blaster/Rocket Magnet" that "collects" the dmg of the Pilots and the Turret, and has 2 possible outcomes :
And if 1 of the 2 options happen it explodes like an Aggrobomb and then either dmging every enemy or healing every Pilot inside the blast radius with the collected ammount of "Blasters/Rockets"... like said an crazy idea but who knows.
Ok this comes pretty close so that I unveil the skill 2:

Deflection Robot (Name change quite possible)
Spawns a robot unit that follows the player which will reflects x % the damage it receives back to the caster and will destruct himself after that. The Robot is constantly following the player ship while the item is in active time.
Will be a strong counter weapon against AoE weapons.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Highway said:
The part for skill 1 that is correct is that it steals something (but not any buffs) from the enemy ship and make use of it on yourself ;)

Vesperion said:
Ok this comes pretty close so that I unveil the skill 2:

Deflection Robot (Name change quite possible)
Spawns a robot unit that follows the player which will reflects x % the damage it receives back to the caster and will destruct himself after that. The Robot is constantly following the player ship while the item is in active time.
Will be a strong counter weapon against AoE weapons.
Ok for the Robot the only question i have then: will it have an weapon to act similar like the att droid or just follow you and "eat" the AoE Weapons (Bomb, Rocket, OS) or will it generate Aggro over time during the battle?

Also from the wording it might be missleading but can it reflect only 1 time or until it either runs out of time or gets destroyed when it reaches 0% of its HP?

Cus when it just follows you and can´t generate any aggro it would be kinda like an att droid but even more "useless" if it only can reflect AoE dmg or the initial hit.

For Item 1 there aren´t much stuff left that we could take from the enemy if not buffs and here i would classify Scram, AimPC, Att Charge and Speed so that it would be really limited to the "Steal" part. Firepower might be an option or we talk about an "HP-Leech" Item that either draws the HP of the Enemy Ship over time and add it to your HP (like and secondary RD) OR it steals x% HP in one go and adds it to your HP in the same moment.

At least this is currently the only possible option i can think of by the meaning "steal something and make use of it"

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Vesperion said:
Ok for the Robot the only question i have then: will it have an weapon to act similar like the att droid or just follow you and "eat" the AoE Weapons (Bomb, Rocket, OS) or will it generate Aggro over time during the battle?

Also from the wording it might be missleading but can it reflect only 1 time or until it either runs out of time or gets destroyed when it reaches 0% of its HP?
The droid will follow you and eat damage but it will reflect a "lot" of damage back to the attacker when hit. It will self destruct directly after the first hit. At least what it is the current planned design, but must still be play tested for sure.
It will generate aggro for the caster of the robot when damage is being reflected to the target. Similar as the damage would have been caused by the weapon directly.

NinjaFlow

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
- Loq -
Rank
Clan
-Golfos del Universo-
Vesperion said:
jlinares said:
Highway said:
That would pretty much combine the Stun Charge with the Speed Actuator.

Another idea of the 1st item might be to be an "marker" where you can mark an Enemy with so that during the marking it has an "pseudo-Aim-PC" and recieves more dmg from every incoming source. Just cus an item has an upward facing arrow doesn´t need to say that it´s an acutall buff itself.
This should be the effect of the taunt since it currently has no other purpose than leaving its target unable to go into orbit

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Highway said:
The droid will follow you and eat damage but it will reflect a "lot" of damage back to the attacker when hit. It will self destruct directly after the first hit. At least what it is the current planned design, but must still be play tested for sure.
It will generate aggro for the caster of the robot when damage is being reflected to the target. Similar as the damage would have been caused by the weapon directly.
What should be coldown of Deflection Robot since it self-destructs after one hit? And does it also make damage when it self-destruct (similar to Detonator). Since it deflects x% dmg and give back to caster, when it self-destruct it would be additional dmg.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Uh, i have some questions and ideas about this new robot

1. It will instantly die after pilot has been hit by a single blaster? this means it will have 1 hp if the other pilot hit the robot instead? Thats not to low? or the robot is invulnerable to direct dmg, like enemies cant target it?
2. In PvP sounds like a tricky and hard to use skill but still you can get some effect if you are able to return an Orbital, but in PvE i dont think so, normally a single damage from an enemy will not have enough value or damage so the effect will low in all that cases no?

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
destroier6 said:
1. It will instantly die after pilot has been hit by a single blaster?
That would be good counter when enemy uses ab to bomb/os you, but in that case to counter it, he can blaster for low damage back then bomb to pod you. If it dies in one hit, we should be at disadvantage with that item.

Status
Not open for further replies.