Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Florian23
Rank
Clan
No Man s Clan
Hi !

I think, for the first one, that it can reduce the opponent armor and give it to you (like an armor transfer). It can be a good idea.

Bye ;)

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Highway said:
Vesperion said:
Ok for the Robot the only question i have then: will it have an weapon to act similar like the att droid or just follow you and "eat" the AoE Weapons (Bomb, Rocket, OS) or will it generate Aggro over time during the battle?

Also from the wording it might be missleading but can it reflect only 1 time or until it either runs out of time or gets destroyed when it reaches 0% of its HP?
The droid will follow you and eat damage but it will reflect a "lot" of damage back to the attacker when hit. It will self destruct directly after the first hit. At least what it is the current planned design, but must still be play tested for sure.
It will generate aggro for the caster of the robot when damage is being reflected to the target. Similar as the damage would have been caused by the weapon directly.
Well the question is what exactly you understand under "a lot" of dmg that get´s reflected if the current plan is that it gets destroyed right after the 1st hit.

If we now would take an Blaster that is the lowest dmg generating item and we assume an average dmg of 5% what will be the "reflected dmg"? Will it be 10%, 15%, 20% or maybe even 25%? + the planed CD of that drone. At the current point it sounds pretty useless for me if the caster generates the aggro and not the droid cus against non AoE units it just is there and not taking any dmg at all and in return not "doing his job" to reflect anything. Either the droids generates so much aggro when it lands that every unit directly turns to it or make it so that it "taunts" a rndm unit so that it attacks the droid.

Or in worst case scenario change the droid into a new kind of Shield that returns the dmg instead of the robot and when it´s depleted or run out it simply ends like the current Shield/Protector

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
I had that first in mind and said when items were asked to be guessed. But well, it could work same as inverter but damage is given back. But this time its not repair like inverter, i dont know if it would be too op or not to do that.
But since its decided to be robot, robot will deflect your damage as long target is shooting you. If robot is shot, of course it will be killed fast. Still i would give robot more HP similar to attack droid, so robot would be killed in 2 shots at least.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
destroier6 said:
1. It will instantly die after pilot has been hit by a single blaster? this means it will have 1 hp if the other pilot hit the robot instead? Thats not to low? or the robot is invulnerable to direct dmg, like enemies cant target it?
2. In PvP sounds like a tricky and hard to use skill but still you can get some effect if you are able to return an Orbital, but in PvE i dont think so, normally a single damage from an enemy will not have enough value or damage so the effect will low in all that cases no?
1. Currently the robot only reflects damage when the robot itself will be hit. So it might be wise to try to destroy the robot with a low damage weapon before using an orbital on the player other strong attack items that will hit the robot.

2. It will be tricky to use but very powerful when used at the right time. Especially since it can counter weapons that you where not able counter before. Even in PVE it can work great against units that use area of effect weapons. And since the robot will not generate aggro before it got hit and reflect damage, the enemies will ignore it.

Overall the item will be balanced so that it is fun to use and usable in pve and pvp.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Oh, looks interesting we will have to wait for the Tau ceti 3 release to know how the balance will be :D

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Will we get teaser video for new Conquest update also?
Before ptr , to bring some joy :)

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Hi!
About the CQs. Is defined the limit of cryo can be given to a player? What will be the maximum for a lvl 91? And will it be per week like you have commented?

The closed PTR has started?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Rajaa said:
Will we get teaser video for new Conquest update also?
Before ptr , to bring some joy :)
I hope to do one and record some footage when we are doing the public ptr testing for it :)

gonzaabel said:
About the CQs. Is defined the limit of cryo can be given to a player? What will be the maximum for a lvl 91? And will it be per week like you have commented?

The closed PTR has started?
The cryonite reward calculations are all based on how much a player with a certain level is able to acquire when grinding for cryonite. The formula is not fully layed out yet since we still are collecting data to find a accurate representation of the real gameplay performance. So in short we should get rewards that feel good for any player level around.

The limit when giving out cryonite to players from the clan fund uses the mentioned formula as a base. Currently we plan to have a limit that resets every week. With this a player could get a weekly bonus push in cryonite instead of little ones for each day.

Conquest testing has not started yet but will as soon it is ready for it. Public testing will come after it looks solid for a larger test. The coder is now back on the conquest branch after finishing all the main work on the Tau Ceti 3 stuff for the new items.

All the missions for Tau Ceti Part 3 are ready as well and soon be tested and adjusted & balanced. Sadly I am the only one that is a bit behind my schedule for getting the visuals in but here is something I can share with you.

TC3_orbit_tc2planet.jpg

Have a good time during the dark winter days ;)

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Highway said:
[...]
The cryonite reward calculations are all based on how much a player with a certain level is able to acquire when grinding for cryonite. The formula is not fully layed out yet since we still are collecting data to find a accurate representation of the real gameplay performance. So in short we should get rewards that feel good for any player level around.

The limit when giving out cryonite to players from the clan fund uses the mentioned formula as a base. Currently we plan to have a limit that resets every week. With this a player could get a weekly bonus push in cryonite instead of little ones for each day.[...]
The question here should be how exactly you wanna calculate that considering that it would require an testing under "Real circumstances and without any boosters active + will you consider all ship classes or will we go with the Meta farming by using pure firepower (Storm, Sniper, Paragneiss) and hunting Harvs with higher tech but in the previous system or same tech in same system?"

I can only talk from my experience with Para Solo farming + Cryo Drone and 25% Cryo Boost + Ult Membership on any R4/R5 that i can make in 60 mins (that´s even 15 mins more then the actuall (new) CQ time that only is 45 mins if i have read i correctly somewhere) 150k+ and in real lucky rounds even 200k+ in 1 hour what heavily depends on the droprates. Rounded up to 4 - 6 hours "average playtime" i can make 600k minimum up to 900k+/day as lvl 91 Pilot with Full Modal tech. With TC Part 3 Tech i think the numbers will move up again by estimated 50k-75k+ in the same time.

So if i now go even further with my minimum average time (4 hours) and the minimum cryo/day (600k) this makes 600k x 7 days = 4.200.000 Cryo/week x 35% Booster (10 Cryo Drone + 25% Cryo Booster) = 5.670.000 Cryo /week i can possibly earn each week... and again this is the minimum for my average time not including the time when i have a day off and can spend more time in the game (1-2 days with 8-10 hours) + not shooting anything specific for BP hunts or anything

So the CQ planets would really have to pay out for me to say "it´s worth to go for 1 CQ/week to get a nice boost of Cryo for that week" cus otherwise i will stay outside of the CQ and enjoy the empty areas during CQ rounds to farm even more lol.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Vesperion said:
So the CQ planets would really have to pay out for me to say "it´s worth to go for 1 CQ/week to get a nice boost of Cryo for that week" cus otherwise i will stay outside of the CQ and enjoy the empty areas during CQ rounds to farm even more lol.
You already had a lot of years to enjoy the empty times during non-CQ rounds :confused:

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Thanks for the info about the development status and the picture :)

It's looks like you have advanced more fast than ever and maybe we will not to wait too long to see TC part 3 :confused: or maybe there are more tasks that will take more time like the make of ~190 white missions (something I not enjoy in the game :| ).

Right now all I read about the new CQ system brings me a lot of hype :LOL: this is a important update to bring back the old glory and make more participative, funny & fair the conquests.

We did 4 conquests on Gaia around two or three months ago, but we being the same amount of pilots or less than our opponents, our strategies was disrupted because the constantly use of gravitons (reload each 5 minutes or changing ship).
We not spended too much gravitons like our opponents because it is not rewarding and we wanted to fight to get fun anyway, but when we seened that we couldn't win (0 chance) if we not used more gravitons than the opponents because no matter whatever strategy we used because the result would be the same, we decide no pay more conquests.

It could be good if you can forbid the use of gravitons on conquest until the new CQ system is ready to avoid the "pay to not lose" :mrorange:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
destroier6 said:
Vesperion said:
You already had a lot of years to enjoy the empty times during non-CQ rounds :confused:
Several years ago (should be 6 years by now considering that the 1st release of TC was 2013) i had a major issue where my whole fleet from Vega - Sirius (no Parsecs though) was wiped out from one day to another and i only had a striped Obsi left in my Hangar for some unknown reason and Split wasn´t able to recover my old fleet (even when i had screens of all my ships) and even thinking about all that refarming did drive me away from the game for those years until i started again in the mids of February during the RDX IV Event with my Account for some weird reason.

If i would have played all the time when the incident happened i surely would have my fleet already back since a couple of years and already swim in Cryos but considering that i still recover from the stuff cus TC ships + Parsecs aren´t that cheap i assume i´m now halfway done to have my old fleet back and start to throw Cryos out of the window for fun to even bother with building all Parsecs classed ships (currently finishing the Chrom build to start New Earth SM line) i assume that i will be done with that major project at the end of Q1 of 2020 and then my cryo mountain will raise on a daily basis lol.

In the end i don´t regret any Cryo i spend on my Paragneiss that i got during the RDX V Event cus it gives no ship that is better suited for Farming then this little beast of raw firepower with an high survivability to fullfill my cryofarming needs :LOL: .

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
First of all , i want to thank all of you for being part of this game and sharing your joy together here. I want to wish you happy two upcoming events: Christmas and New Year! This year had many updates and changes for our game. I want to thank dev team also for trying hard to make this game success and bring us better quality updates with more fun. I hope next year will be even more successful than this one and bring big joy for all of us , let's celebrate together!

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Will we get TC Part 3 Preparation update as well?
Same way as Part 2 in meaning of getting symbolic/perceptron variants of TC3 items on Venar to prepare for ships decrypt (and items).

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Rajaa said:
Same way as Part 2 in meaning of getting symbolic/perceptron variants of TC3 items on Venar to prepare for ships decrypt (and items).
Imo it´s pretty useless that Split even added those Items to Venar considering that we can´t unlock the ships until New Earth anyways. Would have made more sense to me if they would have left those items and instead started directly with MA Tech for those ships.

For the next ships i think as well that it would be pointless to add the BPs to Venar and New Earth cus again we can´t unlock them until we can reach the new TC Planet so what´s the point of those items considering that we can use the top tech for the other missions.

It would have made more sense if the new ships would have been added with Part 2 to Venar as well even when it would polute the loot pool of the DS units even more.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
No mate, ships cannot be found on venar because of difficulty of next part. But symbolic BP is needed as basic BP for decryption of every ship because every ship has base core built by symbolic bp + siri ancient ones (all tc ships will be equal at bulkwark armor, you can even use bulkwark panther etc with all perc items).
That's why i ask will we have "Preparation update" little before tc3 to be able to gather that symb/perc bps little earlier like last time (last time it went additional with mission board and some other changes).

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Rajaa said:
No mate, ships cannot be found on venar because of difficulty of next part. But symbolic BP is needed as basic BP for decryption of every ship because every ship has base core built by symbolic bp + siri ancient ones (all tc ships will be equal at bulkwark armor, you can even use bulkwark panther etc with all perc items).
That's why i ask will we have "Preparation update" little before tc3 to be able to gather that symb/perc bps little earlier like last time (last time it went additional with mission board and some other changes).
I know that but again what point does it make to add BPs to a planet where you can´t use the ship/s until you have reached planet x?

We know that Split can make the rules what BPs are required to decrypt other BPs and again why should i install Perc Tech in a ship that i can only unlock on the planet after Venar or now New Earth?

Or did you build in Draconis the Drac ships with Gaz starting items when you already had the top/Gold items from Gazica?

It´s just as i mentioned not logical to add starting items that are basicly pointless (aside from maybe the useless bp collector achivements) for a ship if you can´t unlock it at the same planet anyways.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Vesperion said:
I know that but again what point does it make to add BPs to a planet where you can´t use the ship/s until you have reached planet x?
Bro , that's Preparation update which means it manifests little before new part comes up.
Those symbolic and perceptron BPs are there not only for decrypt , they are also there to be installed if you "can't decrypt multi or modal logic" (or even tc3 bps so far) , so you can use symbolic and perc in case u can't decrypt better one.
That means preparation update is there to "prepare" those decryption BPs for new ships u will get when new update is there, just a little more fun and hunt to do than usual. We of course can't buy items bcs we don't have ships for that yet , but you will have to hunt those perc and symbolic for decryption even after tc3 release. For tc2 we had preparation update month before , and we prepared symb and perc bps.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I hope you all had a good christmas time with your familiy and entered 2020 nicely. :)
Most of the team is now back at work after a refreshing holliday and now continuing with Tau Ceti Part 3 and the Conquest update.

Rajaa said:
I guess Part 3 will be deployed as a one update since it does not have critical technical changes that we had on part 2. The questions also came up why we even add those items to the game. Its for the raven ships that can use these items early on and as well to help players if they did not manage to unlock the higher level item yet.

Now I want to show you serveral screenshots of the adjustments and additions to the clan window that are already implemented. All "work in progress" and it might change when it is released.

Conquest Hub

CQ_conquesthub.jpg
Now you get an nice overview of all the conquest planets. It shows in which phase they are in and which day and time they will start. In addition a eligble clan member can directly register here without the need to fly to the orbit of that planet. Dont worry about the logfile icon, this is a placeholder that will be replaced with the mining ticket icon.
We also added a conquest tab on the left to put all conquest related stuff in there nice and tidy. :)

Clan Fund

CQ_fleetfund_overview.jpg
We cleaned up this window and added the cryonite donate option as well. Most changes are in the dialog windows that will pop up if you donate or assign items to clan members. Here is one example on how it looks for gravitons.

CQ_fleetfund_overview_donategravs.jpg

Testing Tau Ceti 3 will start pretty soon so as the planet looks already okisch so that it will not scare away our testers ^^

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
In the first screenshot i see some conquests that take place at the same time of others, is that on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.