Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Question for new cq:

Since we will fight etc 5v5, will we need conquest ship for it? We just need to collect Ore resources to win and fight (cq ship would neither die easy or kill fast) , will we get refund back in cryonite for those cq ships if no?

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Rajaa said:
Question for new cq:

Since we will fight etc 5v5, will we need conquest ship for it? We just need to collect Ore resources to win and fight (cq ship would neither die easy or kill fast) , will we get refund back in cryonite for those cq ships if no?
It was explained some time ago in the dev shack, here's the answer:

Highway said:
The conquest ship will be very important. It will be able to collect unrefined ore faster that normal ships. But it will become a high value target when it has a lot of ore carrying around :devilish:
For this they also will be balanced appropriately.

In Addition it will offer the player an alternative re-spawn location they can choose instead of the landing zone or the squad leader. So with this there will be more protecting ships around it as well.

This is even more important since players can not leave the conquest planet once they have landed on it. ;)

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Fission said:
Rajaa said:
Question for new cq:

It was explained some time ago in the dev shack, here's the answer:

Highway said:
The conquest ship will be very important. It will be able to collect unrefined ore faster that normal ships. But it will become a high value target when it has a lot of ore carrying around :devilish:
For this they also will be balanced appropriately.

In Addition it will offer the player an alternative re-spawn location they can choose instead of the landing zone or the squad leader. So with this there will be more protecting ships around it as well.

This is even more important since players can not leave the conquest planet once they have landed on it. ;)
I remembered something around those lines BUT what haven´t really been answered yet is how the new mechanic will work considering the line:
Highway said:
[...]players can not leave the conquest planet once they have landed on it. ;)
What happens if a player pods but has no e left to selfmat or not a single engi with mat is around? Will it mean that those players can only sit the remaing CQ time out, will it give an "CQ self mat 100%-flat" or will the pilot simply pod and then can choose where he wanna land?

For the moment i think that the new CQ 3.0 will be an rather "boring" one until the last collection zone is on the line and until that point it would make more sense to stay in a big group close to the CQ ship to collect and deliver the Payload.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Vesperion said:
I remembered something around those lines BUT what haven´t really been answered yet is how the new mechanic will work considering the line:
Highway said:
[...]players can not leave the conquest planet once they have landed on it. ;)
What happens if a player pods but has no e left to selfmat or not a single engi with mat is around? Will it mean that those players can only sit the remaing CQ time out, will it give an "CQ self mat 100%-flat" or will the pilot simply pod and then can choose where he wanna land?
This was also answered:

Highway said:
a player will not have the option to get rescued to the hangar during conquest. You will as well auto respawn in the Landing Zone after a timer runs out to avoid exploiting the system to hold on to your collected ore. But you can choose the other respawn options without energy costs , apart from the instant Materializing.
other respawn options without energy costs are: LZ, Squad Leader, Conquest Ship.

Vesperion said:
For the moment i think that the new CQ 3.0 will be an rather "boring" one until the last collection zone is on the line and until that point it would make more sense to stay in a big group close to the CQ ship to collect and deliver the Payload.
In the actual Conquest System, pilots have to stay "afk" in zones to get points and lower the enemy clan bar HP. In that new conquest system, this will not be needed anymore and after collecting the ore of X zone, you will be able to go to combat again, which clearly adds more fights and fun into the CQ ;)

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Fission said:
[...]In the actual Conquest System, pilots have to stay "afk" in zones to get points and lower the enemy clan bar HP. In that new conquest system, this will not be needed anymore and after collecting the ore of X zone, you will be able to go to combat again, which clearly adds more fights and fun into the CQ ;)
This is if in the actual CQ System an battle for a planet even "happens" cus if no other clan bets his LF the Clan who did bet solo wins automaticly lol.

The new System should simply give an "encouragement" by an change of the Clan system that Clan Cryos can be distributed to the Clan members cus now next to donating Cryo they come from the CQ planets so that donating might become obsolete at some point.

The thing here however is what a pilot can recieve with the weekly limit a pilot can recieve from the vault.
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?p=200681#p200681
I can only talk from my experience with Para Solo farming + Cryo Drone and 25% Cryo Boost + Ult Membership on any R4/R5 that i can make in 60 mins (that´s even 15 mins more then the actuall (new) CQ time that only is 45 mins if i have read i correctly somewhere) 150k+ and in real lucky rounds even 200k+ in 1 hour what heavily depends on the droprates. Rounded up to 4 - 6 hours "average playtime" i can make 600k minimum up to 900k+/day as lvl 91 Pilot with Full Modal tech. With TC Part 3 Tech i think the numbers will move up again by estimated 50k-75k+ in the same time.

So if i now go even further with my minimum average time (4 hours) and the minimum cryo/day (600k) this makes 600k x 7 days = 4.200.000 Cryo/week x 35% Booster (10 Cryo Drone + 25% Cryo Booster) = 5.670.000 Cryo /week i can possibly earn each week... and again this is the minimum for my average time not including the time when i have a day off and can spend more time in the game (1-2 days with 8-10 hours) + not shooting anything specific for BP hunts or anything
And again this is just with drone + boosters so if we remove drone and booster in the calculation we can talk about something around 80-100k+/hour (depending on the droprate) what makes an base calculation of 320.000 x 7 days = 2.240.000 Cryo/week that are the absolute bare minimum i could farm with my current tech. so an extra boost of Cryo from doing CQ would at least need to yield 1.500.000 Cryo to make it somewhat attractive for me.

And then again this is just MY cryonite now try to scale that up to 50 (active) CQ pilots that all have lvl 91 we end up by a total minimum of 136.500.000 Cryo that a CQ would need to add into the Clan Vault and i highly doubt that we will see such ranges and my guess is that the weekly limit will be much smaller at the current point + how will allies be "payed" for lending their Pilots to help during the CQ time?

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Vesperion said:
And again this is just with drone + boosters so if we remove drone and booster in the calculation we can talk about something around 80-100k+/hour (depending on the droprate) what makes an base calculation of 320.000 x 7 days = 2.240.000 Cryo/week that are the absolute bare minimum i could farm with my current tech. so an extra boost of Cryo from doing CQ would at least need to yield 1.500.000 Cryo to make it somewhat attractive for me.
All your calculations are based of doing a CQ all the 7 days, which it will be really hard depending on how many clans will be paying the CQ planets. Also CQ's can't be mesured in those exact numbers since the amount of cryonite that the clan will get will be based on the performance they did (basically the % of unrefined ores they gathered during the conquest). Even if you win, sometimes you will get less and sometimes more, its not the same winning by 51%/49% than 90%/10%

Vesperion said:
how will allies be "payed" for lending their Pilots to help during the CQ time?
Also answered: :)

Highway said:
Each clan even within an Alliance can fight against each other. In consequence the alliance can not support other clans in conquest anymore. But with the dynamic team sizing and gameplay adjustment even a 5vs5 match can be fun and rewarding at the same time.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Thanks for answer Fission. :)
It got on my mind and I totally forgot about that point that cq ship will be balanced to fit cq also.

Vesperion said:
current point + how will allies be "payed" for lending their Pilots to help during the CQ time?
It is already explained at start of Devshack that Alliance cannot support CQ fights anymore.
This time, only Clan participates, but as it's already said, it will be more fun to do even 5v5 fights since we will have to fight in areas to collect Ore resources and while areas are "shrinking" during time, we are closing to one Final area to fight again and collect resources.
The side that collects more Ore wins, and also both sides will get Cryonite reward + a lot of fighting and fun. :)
You calculated grinding sequence, while CQ includes also fighting and rewarding.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Fission said:
[...]
All your calculations are based of doing a CQ all the 7 days, which it will be really hard depending on how many clans will be paying the CQ planets. Also CQ's can't be mesured in those exact numbers since the amount of cryonite that the clan will get will be based on the performance they did (basically the % of unrefined ores they gathered during the conquest). Even if you win, sometimes you will get less and sometimes more, its not the same winning by 51%/49% than 90%/10%[...]

My calculations aren´t based around doing 1 CQ/day cus it was mentioned that pilots will have a weekly limit of Cryo they can get from the vault what i currently use as base for my calculation cus if the weekly Cryo we can gain from the vault isn´t really "worth it" i can still stay outside of the CQ and farm for 45 mins cryos and still earn more by doing that.

For Pilots who don´t really go for PvP or CQ (like our Clan) the new System might then have no real interest to participate if we in theory then might only obtain a "drop on the hot stone" of cryo for the ammounts we need. That the reward of Cryo depends on the total collected value is somewhere clear to me but it "needs to be worth it" cus with the new system i think only the PvPlers really can draw anything out of it.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Vesperion said:
For Pilots who don´t really go for PvP or CQ (like our Clan) the new System might then have no real interest to participate if we in theory then might only obtain a "drop on the hot stone" of cryo for the ammounts we need.
Conquest meaning is competition. It is not necessary to take part in it if you want to grind other way.
Goals of conquests are to have fun in competitive atmosphere and plus gain something from it, that's why you cannot compare grinding and conquest.
Not all people like only PvE, that's why it's still their choice if they will compete - fight against other players and plus get rewards for doing that.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Rajaa said:
Vesperion said:
For Pilots who don´t really go for PvP or CQ (like our Clan) the new System might then have no real interest to participate if we in theory then might only obtain a "drop on the hot stone" of cryo for the ammounts we need.
Conquest meaning is competition. It is not necessary to take part in it if you want to grind other way.
Goals of conquests are to have fun in competitive atmosphere and plus gain something from it, that's why you cannot compare grinding and conquest.
Not all people like only PvE, that's why it's still their choice if they will compete - fight against other players and plus get rewards for doing that.
IF we now wanna go to the "rewarding" part of the CQ then why did Split remove the Cryobonus from the Planets of the System a Clan owned the planet along with the neighbour system?

The current reward for "winning" a CQ (again if it actuall happens) are Gravs and as next step Split tries it now with Cryo... I would rather say that Split tries to revive the CQ again by another overhaul of registration + adding a potential reward that every Pilot needs and this is Cryo no matter how you turn it around or from what pov you look at it.

Split knows that CQ is dying cus the old times are long gone (where CQs with at least 75 Pilots+ where a thing when the big Clans + allies clashed into each other for a big battle of the planet) and Clans did fight for the Planet cus of the nice Cryo Boost they provided during the owning time so that it was worth something. Now Gravs are a "use it and then it was it" thing and many battles are "fought" by beeing the only one who registred. The new system tries now to go for an "gather cryo for your Vault so that it can be spend to Pilots on a weekly basis".

+ with the new CQ system allies basicly become pointless if in a CQ an ally can fight against an allied clan or it can lead to an "peacefull" agreement of not shooting and just "collect as much as you can" CQ.

The current CQs have atm no real "long time effect" to make it really worth to fight for them in a competitional way. I would rather fight for a planet if as reward it opens an "CQ Planet shop" where i could buy the Ancient BPs of the System for Cryo and land on the planet to fight against units that have top level of the system the planet is located in but therefore have an guranteed Cryo drop all the time.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Vesperion said:
Cryo bonus
I do think myself cryo bonus wouldn't fit that well atm. Not all people are active to keep grinding and not all want to grind often.
Limited time cryo bonus would be mistake if players cannot play that much, etc. they came for conquest only.
Unlimited time - counted bonus for next 400k cryo gained for example would be too good, let's say 5-10% bonus to that plus your refiner drone and if you have some boost, there goes enormous amount of cryonite.
So I think conquest should stay as it is, instant cryonite prize that solves both problems for both grinders and PvP orientation people who not want to grind that much, and for people who are not online often.
It's very good solution and it offers even both sides enemy clan - your clan to get reward even if they lose. So you won't get just option to get reward if you lose, you always gain.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Hi!
How goes the new CQ system?

hype for test it :mrorange:

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Question:
Will Lone Wolf achievement for clan be removed in new CQ mechanics update , or it will be still kept for clans without alliance ? (since fights will be clan versus clan)

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Hi, I have other questions about the new CQ system:

1) I have read about the unrefined ore, and I don't know if there will be like x% of the generated ore as "lost" (that will be an x% not collected by the clans). It will only count the collected ore between clans or all the generated on planet?

2) If player A kills player B, he have some chance of drop the unrefined ore he has. But in the case of player B not drop anything, it means that player B still contain the ore collected? or it get lost? Because I have read like you will have a countdown to automatically re-spawn on land zone to avoid exploits if you go AFK or disconnected. Giving the chance to the enemys to kill you again to get the ore. :confused:

3) How goes it ? ^^ it's on private testing? It will be ready for public test this month? The hype is killing me...

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Rajaa said:
Question:
Will Lone Wolf achievement for clan be removed in new CQ mechanics update , or it will be still kept for clans without alliance ? (since fights will be clan versus clan)
Thats a good question. I quess it will be removed or adjusted since it would not be possible to achieve after the CQ update.

gonzaabel said:
Hi, I have other questions about the new CQ system:

1) I have read about the unrefined ore, and I don't know if there will be like x% of the generated ore as "lost" (that will be an x% not collected by the clans). It will only count the collected ore between clans or all the generated on planet?

2) If player A kills player B, he have some chance of drop the unrefined ore he has. But in the case of player B not drop anything, it means that player B still contain the ore collected? or it get lost? Because I have read like you will have a countdown to automatically re-spawn on land zone to avoid exploits if you go AFK or disconnected. Giving the chance to the enemys to kill you again to get the ore. :confused:

3) How goes it ? ^^ it's on private testing? It will be ready for public test this month? The hype is killing me...

1. The conquest planet will produce unrefined ore during the conquest phase. Ore that was not collected will be lost yes. For example a match can end like: Clan A 25% ore collected, Clan B 50% ore collected, 25% uncollected (lost) = 100% of the produced ore. So the reward in the end is based of the % collected by the clan. So what is not collected by the clans will not be refined into cryonite in the end of the match.

Here is a mockup of the scoreboard:

image-2019-10-18-11-45-40-094.png

2. If the player does not drop ore when destroyed, he will keep it. So you can try to destory the player again to get a chance to make him drop some of the remaining ore he has. Dropped ore will be marked on the map, visible to all players on the planet surface.

3. I would like to tell you that we are already on internal testing, but techically its quite a big update and we are not on schedule as we wanted to. :oops: We let you know here in the devshack when we have details to share.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Highway said:
1. The conquest planet will produce unrefined ore during the conquest phase. Ore that was not collected will be lost yes. For example a match can end like: Clan A 25% ore collected, Clan B 50% ore collected, 25% uncollected (lost) = 100% of the produced ore. So the reward in the end is based of the % collected by the clan. So what is not collected by the clans will not be refined into cryonite in the end of the match.

Here is a mockup of the scoreboard:

2. If the player does not drop ore when destroyed, he will keep it. So you can try to destory the player again to get a chance to make him drop some of the remaining ore he has. Dropped ore will be marked on the map, visible to all players on the planet surface.
this is very nice, And in the image it looks like you can spectate in orbit how the CQ goes. Included what ship each pìlot use and who is in rescue pod (I think because of that some icon ships have opacity).

Highway said:
3. I would like to tell you that we are already on internal testing, but techically its quite a big update and we are not on schedule as we wanted to. :oops: We let you know here in the devshack when we have details to share.
Oh :(

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Highway said:
I support new cq system totally due to all these changes, because it's very great update shown to be.
But I've been thinking for long, it's great update but how will all players get to enjoy it?
For example there are 15 people online in clan who want to participate, and enemy is only 5. So only 5v5 we can participate? What about other 10 people. It will be attracting to play conquest, but if just people who want to participate do, others would get bored (if i didn't read some part, remind me). Other than this, whole cq idea is perfect and changes are best possible.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello. I will ask this question one again to be sure it will not be missed. Will we be able to test this CQ Update on PTR server before it comes info real server? If its planned, then when? People are really curious of it and I am not gonna hide that this would be a great material for future bugfixes before original server implementation.

Greetings, RavenPL

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Speaking of alliances what will their further purpose be when the new CQ system will come?

Considering the current situation alliances are more or less "useless" with the new CQ system aside from having an "extended Clan size with an seperate chat for that".

It would be nice if in Siri it would give an "enhancement" for allied Clans so that members from an allied Clan can jump to the JS of an allied clan cus it still gives the situations that a member of an allied clan needs help but no one in the alliance can help cus their JS is on another planet.

Poland said:
Hello. I will ask this question one again to be sure it will not be missed. Will we be able to test this CQ Update on PTR server before it comes info real server? If its planned, then when? People are really curious of it and I am not gonna hide that this would be a great material for future bugfixes before original server implementation.

Greetings, RavenPL
Is the PTR still a thing? I know that the PTR somewhere still exists but i have no access to it anymore.

I think when Split will do PTR tests they will have to alter some things about the new CQ system so that it could be tested properly (short times between the CQ rounds, infinite tokens to actually participate etc.)

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello everyone!

I would like to present you our Askone's Colossus Deathmatch Part 1 Video. The event was held 2 days ago and shows good, how the balance works nowadays in Pirate Galaxy in matter of PvP. I know it's not really the topic of Devshack, but we had our PvP Overhaul patch before. I think this video is quite good to show You, so developers, the way the balance looks now.

Greetings, RavenPL

Status
Not open for further replies.