What's new

Tau Ceti Intro & Part 1 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyfighter

Reaction score
And what is up with chasing mine explosion, before u changed the visuals you could visually see that there were mine blasts chasing you half across the map. Now the visuals are changed and we no longer see that the detonation chases us but it does apply damage.

And is this a feature for mantis only, or can we players have those chasing mine detonation/damage aswell?

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
You said there will also be 2 rares ships in the part 4 update, will there be more tau ceti ships released between part 1 and part 4 because i have noticed when showing us pictures over the years, i think (correct me if i'm wrong) i have overall seen 6 tau ceti ships but you said there will be 5.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Now OS deals dmg like 0,1-0,2s before it explode, check it pls ;)

DeluxeGamer

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
DeluxeGamer
Rank
Heavy artillery said:
You said there will also be 2 rares ships in the part 4 update, will there be more tau ceti ships released between part 1 and part 4 because i have noticed when showing us pictures over the years, i think (correct me if i'm wrong) i have overall seen 6 tau ceti ships but you said there will be 5.
If you look at the names of the ships you notice one is called ne0n-7 so you can expect 7 ships i guess ;)

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
@ Highway,

Is it possible to give us a little hint what we can expect from part 2 of the tau ceti release?

DeluxeGamer said:
Heavy artillery said:
If you look at the names of the ships you notice one is called ne0n-7 so you can expect 7 ships i guess ;)
Do we get more Ships, perhaps with further new ship systems?

Can we expect new enemys?

Tau Ceti Planet? reactor? CQ Planet?

Armors for parsecs and ne0ns?

Slight changes in sirius for players who didnt collect everything there before the release?
(https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=242&t=41735)

rares? x-ship?

anything else?

would be nice to know :)

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
We will post more detailed info on a new Dev Shack for Tau Ceti part 2.

Apart from that I think there was already info in this Dev Shack about the amount of ships. But let me summarize this part :). There will be a total of 10 ships in TC. 2 new ship classes with 4 new skills/items each and 8 hybrid ships which will use one of the new skills/items from the new classes. Every TC part will get new ships, items and other surprises. We tried to give each part a good set of content.

flyfighter said:
And what is up with chasing mine explosion, before u changed the visuals you could visually see that there were mine blasts chasing you half across the map. Now the visuals are changed and we no longer see that the detonation chases us but it does apply damage.
This was only a visual issue and you only get damage when you are in the blast range of the mine. But it can happen that you are hit even when you client shows that you are out of range due to server/client positioning delays.

destroier6 said:
No balancing values have changed only the visuals to show the blast range properly. Actually every visual effect is triggered the same time as they hit. But the visuals requires to evolve/move based on their look&feel which causes this visual delays.

Malachi79

Reaction score
Highway said:
We will post more detailed info on a new Dev Shack for Tau Ceti part 2.

Apart from that I think there was already info in this Dev Shack about the amount of ships. But let me summarize this part :). There will be a total of 10 ships in TC. 2 new ship classes with 4 new skills/items each and 8 hybrid ships which will use one of the new skills/items from the new classes. Every TC part will get new ships, items and other surprises. We tried to give each part a good set of content.

flyfighter said:
This was only a visual issue and you only get damage when you are in the blast range of the mine. But it can happen that you are hit even when you client shows that you are out of range due to server/client positioning delays.

destroier6 said:
No balancing values have changed only the visuals to show the blast range properly. Actually every visual effect is triggered the same time as they hit. But the visuals requires to evolve/move based on their look&feel which causes this visual delays.
With the OS thing, it does seem that the OS is doing very little damage (about 4 to a Medium Unit on ring 4, compared to 20 before this update)... Not sure why or how... but everyone is noticing it.

Its Good to know that there will be 10 ships however :) and i do prefer the new visuals;

Overall, pretty good work with the TC update and the few updates after :)

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
Highway said:
There will be a total of 10 ships in TC. 2 new ship classes with 4 new skills/items each and 8 hybrid ships which will use one of the new skills/items from the new classes. Every TC part will get new ships, items and other surprises. We tried to give each part a good set of content.
Sounds like we already have access to 3 of 8 new ship systems as well as 3 of 8 of the hybrid ships. this sounds great :)

I guess the other ones will have an X in their names :p

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Its what im saying, everyone is noticing something strange with OUR OS, not mantis one, dealing dmg like 0,3s before visual effect, and low dmg in some situations, also i think profile/class/fleet buttons are bugged (
the rectangles before were points :sneaky: ) I haven't heard that that has been changed.
https://gyazo.com/98954e91c57928a1d352553db03d6313

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Do you know at least the approximate month when the tau ceti part 2 dev shack comes out?

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Heavy artillery said:
Do you know at least the approximate month when the tau ceti part 2 dev shack comes out?
It's only been 15 days since Part 1 has been released and you're already thinking about the next one lol

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
destroier6 said:
Heavy artillery said:
It's only been 15 days since Part 1 has been released and you're already thinking about the next one lol
I am just curious since each part has cool stuff, im not being impatient. Plus, i don't think it should take more than a month, just to type in planned changes and new features. You may think that since you were used to waiting this long.

Zoowaerter

Reaction score
i wonder whether vega-draconis ancient tech is required in future tau ceti parts in order to decrypt certain tau ceti gear or do you stick with sirius ancient tech/sirius ships (which i would prefer^^)?

DeluxeGamer

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
DeluxeGamer
Rank
Mission Showdown on Venar:

The first part is pretty fast forward, nothing special happening, just the normal stuff
At the end with the base is the interesting part. Way too many enemys are coming down at about 70% while you only have around 7-10 min left (we were 4 ppl) and we tried killing the first wave but after some time we realized its impossible to kill all the other waves of enemys in the available time so we just had to use some gravis and kill the base in one go to complete it

There is no way you could kill all the enemy waves + kill the base in time

Please take a look into that and rethink the amount of enemys pls

flyfighter

Reaction score
Ur making realy cool new items! Using lightning chain for example on hive, zapping 6 units to death, super awsome, put a smile on my face every time!
But i have a few questions. I think u said the lightning chain would hit up to 7 targets. But when i use it, it only seems to hit 6 instead of 7. Is that a bugg?

Seeing the love and effort you put in this new items, i think ur old items can use some of that love/effort aswell.

All player made structures can be healed but the aggrobeacon cannot. I mean attackturret, healturret and attack droid can be healed, but aggrobeacon cannot. And i think aggrobeacon needs some love to be anything usefull. The cooldown on it is just not funny anymore since it nearly does not survive longer then 10 seconds. Maybe it could get some function in pvp aswell. For example create a small field around the beacon. If a players stands in that beacon it can only shoot the beacon. Or all players within close range are untargetable by players before the beacon is destroyed.

Why do perforators not perforate a shield 100% anymore?

I think u could buff aim scrams a bit, they seems to useless for a long time now.

Maybe u can make some function for taunt in pvp aswell, if someone gets taunted they can only attack the one that they get taunted by. Or taunted ppl have 15% less armor or something.

And last the attack droid, it could use some more brain and just 1 orbital strike in venar pods your attack droid. I cant say its very usefull in most of the situations. Would be cool if it had some more hp or some better controlability. Maybe make it go max like 3 shipslenght be able to fly away from you. It hangs to much afk around you before it fainally starts shooting at something if it is not death by that time.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Ferteman said:
Will the ptr be open? :eek:
(You changed the name of the topic :LOL: ) No i am certain that will not be the case because think about it. On each part of tc, there will be cool stuff that are unique. Highway says he doesn't want to spoil anything for us. Highway says he already has testers plus there was not a ptr for the tau ceti part 1 update so it will be like that for the other parts.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Zoowaerter said:
i wonder whether vega-draconis ancient tech is required in future tau ceti parts in order to decrypt certain tau ceti gear or do you stick with sirius ancient tech/sirius ships (which i would prefer^^)?
For the regular TC items they are not required. But it you want the tau ceti rares you need them to decrypt those. But there is time for that since they will come in part 4.

We will look into the issues that have been reported to get them sorted :)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Hmmm, then i wonder, already i was shocked seeing how many bps you will need to decrypt a normal ship, what will you need for the tau ceti rare ships? :confused:

flyfighter

Reaction score
Highway said:
For the regular TC items they are not required. But it you want the tau ceti rares you need them to decrypt those. But there is time for that since they will come in part 4.
But the question is, do you want to force all players to get every single bp in the game....?
Come on man, you are going definitely waaaaaaaay to far with this decrypting, its is not fun to be forced to grind all bps in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.