Tau Ceti Intro & Part 1 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

Tau Ceti

Hey Space Pirates,

I bet you are eagerly awaiting this dev shack. Tau Ceti will continue the Pirate Galaxy saga and cast some light onto the mysteries yet unresolved. What secrets are connected to the crystal the pirates have stolen? Could Olex Humblotz find out more about the Ancients—and what new technologies are about to be uncovered in Tau Ceti?

Many questions… and here are some answers :D

Design Goals
  • Provide classic system structure similar to the previous star systems such as Vega-Draconis.
  • Ensure that Sirius tech Bps are required to progress and unlock Tau Ceti content.

Tau Ceti Content (snipped)
  • New story/regular missions
  • New story planets
  • New ship classes
  • New Tau Ceti tech
  • New maximum level
  • etc.

Due to the size and complexity of this update we plan to release it in parts, like we did with previous updates. With this step you are able to start playing the new Tau Ceti content earlier while we continue the development/testing on the follow-up updates. This time we will additionally make a new dev shack for every part so that it will be easier to find specific postings and feedback.

Part 1

Now let's get a bit more specific. In Tau Ceti Part 1 you will finally be able to acquire new TC tech and ships together with some new gameplay elements. Take a look at the things you can expect:

Planned Changes
  • Ability to replay existing Tau Ceti episode 1 & 2 as the start of the storyline of Tau Ceti
  • Story missions that continue from episode 2
  • Regular missions to gather new tech
  • Vénar will have all its areas on the map accessible
  • Ability to farm TC tech together with new item types
  • Ability to farm/unlock new TC ships
  • Introduction of a blueprint dependency mechanism

Hope you like what you’ve read so far! Here’s a little sneak peek of another TC ship.

P.S.: Don’t forget to leave your feedback and questions here :)

TC_ship_03_01.png

Google's translation bad? Community translations of this changelog will get linked here (author's name included)!

Traduccion al español hecha por: Destroier6 Aqui
Tradução em Português: Aqui
Traduction française par Fra_592 : ici
Deutsche Übersetzung von Gladiator96, DaKuaz und Onrefni Krad:klick hier

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
Was checking the forum and saw this devshack :O
All the ships i saw are beautiful and of course , all you are proposing for TC seems great !

But 2 questions :

[*]Ability to replay existing Tau Ceti episode 1 & 2 as the start of the storyline of Tau Ceti
[*]Story missions that continue from episode 2

So ... this will allow player to make insane amount of cryonites with tau ceti tech.. Will you let the infinite cryo bug on the mission " Mantis interest " ?

You say that new tech will be available .. since you are releasing TC in parts you will release ALL items or just some tiers ?

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Really curious highway, are there going to be new enemies we are going to face in tau ceti, are you soon going to post the second story planet on tau ceti?

what new levels can you reach to? How much cryo will each of the ships cost?

C_D

Reaction score
Remember when you said back in 2015 when Tau Ceti was "almost finished". Yeah, it better not happen again.

However, things do look pretty optimistic now, with the screenshots of new ships and all. Best of luck to the developers.

anthony.navas

Reaction score
how to unlock the tau ship entering the hangar or doing missions
as will the enemies of tau
what will be the maximum level in tau
how many planets of historical missions open in tau
what is the name of tau technology

:D :?: :?:

Makk_3

Reaction score
Is the Tau Ceti tech acquired at Part 1 the only tier of TC tech we are going to get in that system? Or are there more tiers like in previous starsystems f.ex?

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
In the beginning of Tau ceti will We at least have our ancient ships however equipping Tau ceti tech?
Do the new blasters fire different?
What are the size comparison of the Tau ceti ships to ancient ships?
Are the Tau ceti ships storm....tank....shock or hybrids?
Because methonoids live in Tau ceti, does this mean the new technology is from the methonoids but more advanced?
Will We know more mysteries about the ancients?

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Heavy artillery said:
In the beginning of Tau ceti will We at least have our ancient ships however equipping Tau ceti tech?
Because methonoids live in Tau ceti, does this mean the new technology is from the methonoids but more advanced?
-Size of ships obviously will be bigger (but not too much)
-i think they are normal ships, like every system, not hybrid, this dont have any logic :D ( we will have many types, if we think we have the normal classes, the sniper, the defender and the new class that is supposed to come, so we have a lot of options :p)
-And about mysteries about ancients, just see this: Could Olex Humblotz find out more about the Ancients—and what new technologies are about to be uncovered in Tau Ceti?

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Hi, here my questions:

1) We can expect the first part of Tau Ceti to November of this year?
2) In this first part, how many story planets we can land?
3) The ships will be unlocked doing mission or only visiting the hangar?
4) What means "blueprint dependency mechanism"?

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
destroier6 said:
Heavy artillery said:
-Size of ships obviously will be bigger (but not too much)
-i think they are normal ships, like every system, not hybrid, this dont have any logic :D ( we will have many types, if we think we have the normal classes, the sniper, the defender and the new class that is supposed to come, so we have a lot of options :p)
-And about mysteries about ancients, just see this: Could Olex Humblotz find out more about the Ancients—and what new technologies are about to be uncovered in Tau Ceti?
There is a possible chance they could be smaller due to the fact draconis ships are originally smaller than the advanced sol ships but you are very right, they are more likely to be larger. Excuse me the fact i didn't read the top part because i went a little over-hyped when seeing the dev shack so i didn't know where to begin.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Heavy artillery said:
There is a possible chance they could be smaller due to the fact draconis ships are originally smaller than the advanced sol ships but you are very right, they are more likely to be larger.

There is a possible chance they could be smaller due to the fact draconis ships are originally smaller than the advanced sol ships but you are very right, they are more likely to be larger. Excuse me the fact i didn't read the top part because i went a little over-hyped when seeing the dev shack so i didn't know where to begin.
they dont say the ships will be about methanoid tecnology, I don't think they will be, probably new enemies tecnology or combination of pirates, ancient, etc :p

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
This dev shack about TC looks promising, also the new TC ship looks very cool :)

Got a few questions:

1> How big is Tau Ceti gonna be, like how many story planets or how long the storyline gonna be?

2> If I readed correctly it says 'new ship classes', so will there rlly come more then one new ship class :eek:?

Introduction of a blueprint dependency mechanism
3> What does this BP dependency mechanism mean?

4> About Vénar: I see you will make whole map accesable, but I wonder if the map of Vénar get more filled since currently its pretty empty (both NPC and environmental)?

5> What is the Plan with TC Part 2? To me Part 1 contains everything for a new system (like SM, ships and items) so I'm curious :p

6> Will TC also contain special items like Ancient tech in Sirius (Strong, Long etc)?

filaplon

Reaction score
Hello.
I love the good news.

More than 3 years we participate.
So take your time, but do good.
Thank you and good mantis hunt

filaplon, captain of -- NEO --

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
Hi Devs:

After almost 3 years, again promisses is all we get... 3 Birthdates with out any gift, broken promisses and some remakes and nerfing of what I worked hard for...
All I see is a meer 1.5 page of people still caring to read your "information", including me, and I stopped carring from day Sirius was born on your converence table...

My firends list is barly empty, clans I used to know have no players or lists players with 0 game time and old log in dates...
For now I am not impressed by any made changes, just spooked me and my friends away....

Maybe is time we unleash the dev team on the mantis and make the mantis run away... :p

I hope you persist this time and not give empty words as last YEARS, for the few followers you stil have, for your own credibility and ofc I payed for gold I like to invest in something I can FLY and actualy KILL some bugs !

But for now all I got is regrets, rapped in promisses with an ugly ribbon and a hurten soul for a game I realy liked to play...

For old time sake & with respect: Good luck ! You gonna need it !

LG

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
:arrowr: QUESTIONS FOR DEVS ABOUT TAU CETI :arrowl:

First I wanted to thank all the work being done by the game and say I'm anxious to see how this progresses, Now let's get into the matter. :LOL:

I have some questions about how Tau Ceti will work and the content that will have, I think this post if it is answered, many other doubts of other people will be resolved.

QUESTIONS ABOUT TAU CETI

-HISTORY AND PLANETS
  • How many planets of history can we expect for Tau Ceti? (Part 1 is known to be only VENAR)
  • The current part of Venar will be more filled? (right now it's a bit desertic)
  • How many planets will there be in general?
    • can we expect some conquest planet for Part 1? (I don't see it necessary, i prefer for Part 1 focus on other things)
    • Tau Ceti will have a challenge planet? (this would be perfect)

-SHIPS AND BLUEPRINTS
  • That as it has been seen a new class comes, but we can expect some more? (really with one is enough)
    • It has been said in Dev Shack that the (new class) blueprints and the new class can be found in Part 1, does that mean blue bps? (That would be fantastic)
    • Any of the photos of the 3 ships you have taught is the new class? I'm sure one is the storm and the other the sniper, but I don't know one.
  • the Tau Ceti ships how much cost increase will have compared to the Sirius? (Ancients) an x2?
    • and the 43 ships?
  • What will be the way to unlock these ships?
  • We can expect gold bps in Part 1?(that would remove the option of the level limit in Part 1)

-MECHANICS AND LEVEL
  • Which refers to: Introduction of a blueprint dependency mechanism (many pilots have doubts about this)
  • The amount of cryonite that will give us the enemies and the missions will be increased considerably? (I think this would be necessary) (obviously will follow a progression as in all systems but I want to say even more)
  • How much will the maximum level be increased?
    • will there be a lower maximum level for Part 1? (so people don't get to Part 2 with full level)

And this is everything for now, I hope they can be answered and solve the doubts of many players, see you in the game ;)

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Darkos said:
But 2 questions :
[*]Ability to replay existing Tau Ceti episode 1 & 2 as the start of the storyline of Tau Ceti
[*]Story missions that continue from episode 2

1. So ... this will allow player to make insane amount of cryonites with tau ceti tech.. Will you let the infinite cryo bug on the mission " Mantis interest " ?

2. You say that new tech will be available .. since you are releasing TC in parts you will release ALL items or just some tiers ?
1. We need to recheck/balance the existing episodes 1 & 2 to match them to the progression of the TC items/ships the player can find.

2. Yes we will release the items in tiers to match it with the new content that would be released in each part.

Heavy artillery said:
1. Really curious highway, are there going to be new enemies we are going to face in tau ceti, are you soon going to post the second story planet on tau ceti?

2. what new levels can you reach to? 3. How much cryo will each of the ships cost?
1. Yes there will be new enemys to play against that require new tactics and offer new gameplay mechanics. TC will have more story planets but Part 1 will only contain a completely accessible and reworked Venar.

2. The max level will reflect the new Equipment the player can get and raises with the release of the parts.

3. Cryo pricings are not yet balanced

Makk_3 said:
Is the Tau Ceti tech acquired at Part 1 the only tier of TC tech we are going to get in that system? Or are there more tiers like in previous starsystems f.ex?
Each parts will unlock a new Tier/Set of items/Ship the player can aquire.

Heavy artillery said:
Many Interesting questions I would love to answer but this would spoil the fun exploring this yourself when it gets released. But you definitely can equip your ancient ships with TC tech to progress in Tau Ceti.

gonzaabel said:
1) We can expect the first part of Tau Ceti to November of this year?
2) In this first part, how many story planets we can land?
3) The ships will be unlocked doing mission or only visiting the hangar?
4) What means "blueprint dependency mechanism"?
1. Sorry i can not yet give you a date since we are still working out some technical designs to get a better time estimate.
2. See answers above
3. Its not finally worked out but some I quess need to be found as bps from enemys.
4. We are still evaluating this mechanism, but at its core a player needs a set of completed Bps to build an new Item. e.g: Oolyte Blaster BP + Weakest TC Blaster BP = Build Weakest TC Blaster
This should ensure that all the hard work that went into gathering Sirius tech/rares etc can not be skipped.

-Decimator- said:
1> How big is Tau Ceti gonna be, like how many story planets or how long the storyline gonna be?

2> If I readed correctly it says 'new ship classes', so will there rlly come more then one new ship class :eek:?

3> What does this BP dependency mechanism mean?

4> About Vénar: I see you will make whole map accesable, but I wonder if the map of Vénar get more filled since currently its pretty empty (both NPC and environmental)?

5> What is the Plan with TC Part 2? To me Part 1 contains everything for a new system (like SM, ships and items) so I'm curious :p

6> Will TC also contain special items like Ancient tech in Sirius (Strong, Long etc)?
1. The Tau Ceti content will be similar to the Sol system and feature some cool stuff what we don't want to disclose yet :p

2. Yes there will be more than one new ship class (like the sniper, defender) with each featuring an unique set of 4 items. And the other ships will not be as you might expect... ^^

3. & 4. See answers above

5. Part 1 will not contain the complete content in terms of Story missions, tech to gather etc. Part 2 will get a new dev shack that goes more into detail.

6. We will feature Rare Tech but variations are not planned.

destroier6 said:
1. can we expect some conquest planet for Part 1?
2. Tau Ceti will have a challenge planet?
3. It has been said in Dev Shack that the blueprints and the new class can be found in Part 1, does that mean blue bps?
4. We can expect gold bps in Part 1?
Most of your questions are answered above but there are some new ones I like to give feedback on.

1. Part 1 will not contain a Conquest planet but its planned for the other parts.
2. This is as well planned but not for Part 1
3. & 4. Yes Blue Bps can be found on Part 1 but no gold/rare ones.

Thanks for all your questions so far. :)

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Highway said:
2. Yes there will be more than one new ship class (like the sniper, defender) with each featuring an unique set of 4 items. And the other ships will not be as you might expect... ^^
When you say new ships you mean the new classes that will come as you said or something that we don't know? :sneaky:

BlueSuede

Reaction score
Hello

Very happy to see some progress! Keep up the good work guys.
Question i have:

I'm just wondering will starting classes (storm, shock, engineer and tank)
get any kind of rework, as some are a little underpowered (shock)?

Green

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
GreenSpider
Rank
Nur Venar als Storyplanet in Part 1 :eek: :eek: :?: :?:

Das Update zu splitten erklärt sich für mich als nicht logisch denn somit kommen wir wieder zu der ähnlichen vorgehensweise wie zum "vor Release" von TC da man das System mehr oder weniger nur Teilweise veröffentlicht was wieder den Spielfluss unterbricht aber seisdrum.

Wird die Story nur auf Venar sich im Part 1 abspielen oder wechselt man auch wieder in die unteren Systeme was sehr zu wünschen wäre.

MFG GreenSpider

Status
Not open for further replies.