Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Are there any thoughts about cortexes though, thats probably the biggest and most important of the suggestion we made so far and also why most people liked the initial post. Its clear from the images below that apart from Hgus and his alt account and 1 other person who didnt even explaining their thoughts everyone took this post very positive. It would be neglectful to not go a bit deeper into the ideas than just initial thoughts and reactions.

Also about this, one of the biggest problems of keeping the game alive is not having enough new players.
Well, the current players don't seem to care at all if there are enough players for this game. It's mostly about making suggestions for the highest star system. Whenever we saw new players on our server, comments like "hey this clan is still looking for members, they'll take anyone" I've often seen such stupid comments towards new players on our server. On askone alone, I have seen individual new players who also participate in the otb and I have to say, that was even fun.

Every suggestion explicitly refers to OTB/PvP and other stuff. No wonder the Antares system hasn't been overhauled like Vega.

We from the player perspective can't generate new players, we do youtube vids, some memes, but the main man has to help himself. There are many games advertised on Tiktok, Steam, Youtube and Twitch. Wouldn't it be a good idea for a developer of SSG to have an account for advertising? That also shows things that take place behind the scenes as well as on Facebook earlier with all the Draconis stuff. I uploaded videos to Tiktok for a while but they were deleted.

Steel_Blue

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Shots
Rank
Clan
The Outlaws Solaria
I don't care about cortex changes. They give PvE benifit, it's fine if things give PvE and not PvP benifit. It's also fine if they give almost to none benifit. I do think the new player experience is a good thing to tackle, but it's hard to judge if it's needed without stats that only SS would have (actual player numbers, retention of new players after 30 days, accounts that re-activate after a period of inactivity, etc.) and it's bad practice to just assume that a change will effect a desired outcome.

Nothing like vega mission new player experience overhaul, more like what you say. But I don't even know what a new player signing up experience is.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
You can not test all eventualites for such an complicated and underlying change in the networklayer. It can effect anything related to the game. Mosty you do tests here and there in hope to catch the essentials. Happy so far that all the rest works apart from the enlist competitor board. And that will be sorted soon as well. Fingers crossed that it stays the only issue.
There is something happening in OTB, honestly I didn't take the time to read the thread completely so I don't know if anyone commented on it

In Aurora it has happened that players who stay in orbit are sanctioned for 7 days, until then everything is fine, but when a player goes land, and stays the entire time of the cq afk, the scoreboard counts him as AFK, however it is not penalized as in the first case, is that normal?

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
We from the player perspective can't generate new players, we do youtube vids, some memes, but the main man has to help himself. There are many games advertised on Tiktok, Steam, Youtube and Twitch. Wouldn't it be a good idea for a developer of SSG to have an account for advertising?
Yea advertising would be great, although what i said can be done to prevent new guys from quitting too. Both are long term solutions.
They give PvE benifit, it's fine if things give PvE and not PvP benifit. It's also fine if they give almost to none benifit. I do think the new player experience is a good thing to tackle, but it's hard to judge if it's needed without stats that only SS would have (actual player numbers, retention of new players after 30 days, accounts that re-activate after a period of inactivity, etc.) and it's bad practice to just assume that a change will effect a desired outcome.
Yea so why did devs spend time adding something like eagle eye if nobody is ever gonna use it then, it definitely should have some viability in both PVE and PVP. As for the numbers i gave them as an estimate since i don't have access to any dev side statistics, idea is what matters tho. Also, if you have enough experience with people its not that hard to know what outcome something will lead to, its basic logic.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
On askone alone, I have seen individual new players who also participate in the otb and I have to say, that was even fun.
Bro, in Aurora they tell new players (and I include myself) to go to Gaia because Aurora is dead, don't be fooled by the high player activity in OTB lately, it's always the same players, not new ones

I don't care about cortex changes. They give PvE benifit, it's fine if things give PvE and not PvP benifit. It's also fine if they give almost to none benifit. I do think the new player experience is a good thing to tackle, but it's hard to judge if it's needed without stats that only SS would have (actual player numbers, retention of new players after 30 days, accounts that re-activate after a period of inactivity, etc.) and it's bad practice to just assume that a change will effect a desired outcome.

Nothing like vega mission new player experience overhaul, more like what you say. But I don't even know what a new player signing up experience is.
Well, certainly the changes that are suggested are to please players like us who are in the end game, but, I think that more than changing things to attract new players, as mentioned above, a big problem that PG and SS have in general It is the lack of advertising, I understand, they are a small company perhaps without much money and they do not have to pay a CM (a real one, not a GM with that title that has nothing to do with the activities of a real CM xd (no offense intended Xd)) But currently social networks offer many forms of advertising where you know how to use a video editor minimally, you can do wonderful things, and Tiktok, YouTube shorts and Instagram reels are bombs to get viral

STAIN

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
WorkingAsIntended
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
Experienced player experience (alt accounts vipera for example) :
Starts > Instantly buys boosters and gold > instantly rushing sms while having someone to help him > grinds golds because with boosters it takes no time at all... > gets into clan ... in 2 months gets most siri tech because players from these clans got everything... > "endgame"> his ego rises > goes pvp > quits the game because "game has no content"

New player experience scenario 1 :
Starts > gets to lvl 10 and goes to aurora > gets destroyed few times > writes something in different language basically spamming potentially getting muted by random gm... quits the game

New player scenario 2 :
Starts > gets to lvl 10 goes aurora asks for help and gets troll answers or no help at all > quits

New player scenario 3 :
Starts > plays for a bit and tries to get a clan > gets called a bot in chats or otbs > becomes a bot for real... never reaches meaningful lvl to do anything

New player scenario 4 :
Asks if the game is active > gets troll answers or no anwer for 15mins > assumes game is dead > uninstalls

New player scenario 5 :
Meets me > uninstalls

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Yea so why did devs spend time adding something like eagle eye if nobody is ever gonna use it then, it definitely should have some viability in both PVE and PVP. As for the numbers i gave them as an estimate since i don't have access to any dev side statistics, idea is what matters tho. Also, if you have enough experience with people its not that hard to know what outcome something will lead to, its basic logic.
Eagle eye cortex is the most useless cortex on game, I don't read cries ewe

Genjiro

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Genjiro
In Aurora it has happened that players who stay in orbit are sanctioned for 7 days, until then everything is fine, but when a player goes land, and stays the entire time of the cq afk, the scoreboard counts him as AFK, however it is not penalized as in the first case, is that normal?
Hello

Yes this is intended. The reasoning is that the dev's did not want players getting penalized for inactivity which could have been because of legitimate reasons (Eg: Power gone out, Internet issue etc.) They were mainly focusing on only penalizing players who enlist for an OTB with the intent to not participate at all, i.e. by not landing.

Genjiro

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Bro, in Aurora they tell new players (and I include myself) to go to Gaia because Aurora is dead, don't be fooled by the high player activity in OTB lately, it's always the same players, not new ones

Well, certainly the changes that are suggested are to please players like us who are in the end game, but, I think that more than changing things to attract new players, as mentioned above, a big problem that PG and SS have in general It is the lack of advertising, I understand, they are a small company perhaps without much money and they do not have to pay a CM (a real one, not a GM with that title that has nothing to do with the activities of a real CM xd (no offense intended Xd)) But currently social networks offer many forms of advertising where you know how to use a video editor minimally, you can do wonderful things, and Tiktok, YouTube shorts and Instagram reels are bombs to get viral
My askone account is about level 12, there were some players there who were maybe between level 15 - 30. Yes, these are probably bot accounts of 99 players who are bored, but it doesn't change the fact that our German server and probably other servers are dead.😑

All these suggestions are wishful thinking that can't work. Either the lower systems have to get new content so that really ALL get access to it and not the 99 players e.g. player based invasions. This should take place in draconis. The RDX event should also be moved or copied to a low star system e.g. Gemini. So there are two RDX planets instead of only 1 on Sol. Each player would then get cortexes and new ships.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Hello

Yes this is intended. The reasoning is that the dev's did not want players getting penalized for inactivity which could have been because of legitimate reasons (Eg: Power gone out, Internet issue etc.) They were mainly focusing on only penalizing players who enlist for an OTB with the intent to not participate at all, i.e. by not landing.

Genjiro
Uhmmmmmmmmm, I am totally against this measure, I will take as an example another popular game, LoL, no matter if you had electricity, internet, or some emergency, AFK is AFK for them and they penalize you

Does it sound unfair? Maybe that doesn't stop it from being one of the most popular MMORPs in the world (personally I didn't like the game but hey, no one asked me and it's not even relevant to the topic)

The point is, any of the problems that you can present during the OTB you can also present at the time of landing, and well, a 7-day sanction, and be careful, I say all this not with my position as the first world player who does not suffer from those problems, I am from Venezuela so of course I am aware that these punishments are easier to happen to me due to my electricity, internet, etc.

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
My askone account is about level 12, there were some players there who were maybe between level 15 - 30. Yes, these are probably bot accounts of 99 players who are bored, but it doesn't change the fact that our German server and probably other servers are dead.😑
Not always, some number of people are new completely but those mostly end up quitting. Thing is, keep 1 out of 10 of those as a permanent player and u already have a gain. Its not wishful thinking if there's actually constant commitment to solve problems.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank

All these suggestions are wishful thinking that can't work. Either the lower systems have to get new content so that really ALL get access to it and not the 99 players e.g. player based invasions. This should take place in draconis. The RDX event should also be moved or copied to a low star system e.g. Gemini. So there are two RDX planets instead of only 1 on Sol. Each player would then get cortexes and new ships.
I don't think that's a problem, in my opinion those are benefits of having achieved a certain level within the game, but well, ignoring that, I still think that if there are no new players, then regardless of the events that may or may not occur, it is not fun to play alone, if I start playing tomorrow in Solaria, who will accompany me on my adventure?

Of course, getting to Sirius/Tau won't take me any time, but, if I do it with friends or other new players who can have a few laughs in the process, would I do it, but alone? nah

Genjiro

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Genjiro
Uhmmmmmmmmm, I am totally against this measure, I will take as an example another popular game, LoL, no matter if you had electricity, internet, or some emergency, AFK is AFK for them and they penalize you

Does it sound unfair? Maybe that doesn't stop it from being one of the most popular MMORPs in the world (personally I didn't like the game but hey, no one asked me and it's not even relevant to the topic)

The point is, any of the problems that you can present during the OTB you can also present at the time of landing, and well, a 7-day sanction, and be careful, I say all this not with my position as the first world player who does not suffer from those problems, I am from Venezuela so of course I am aware that these punishments are easier to happen to me due to my electricity, internet, etc.
Hello again

We had previously suggested to extend the penalty towards players going afk on surface. However the devs are looking to gather more feedback before implementing such a measure.
In your servers do you see players not play at all after landing?, And is the reason for their inactivity simply because they ragequit or is it to cause grief/ throw the OTB? Do give feedback in this regard.

Genjiro

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Hello again

We had previously suggested to extend the penalty towards players going afk on surface. However the devs are looking to gather more feedback before implementing such a measure.
In your servers do you see players not play at all after landing?, And is the reason for their inactivity simply because they ragequit or is it to cause grief/ throw the OTB? Do give feedback in this regard.

Genjiro
Yes, of course, there are players who deliberately enter only to land on the planet and the rest of the OTB go AFK, others who have a connection problem, well, I already gave my opinion on that, and others who are secondary accounts (although there is no way verifying it like a normal player) it is known that they are, they list them, land them and they do not move anymore, sometimes moving them at very specific moments so that the system recognizes them as active and receives a reward

Z0ckt

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Z0ckt
Rank
This game has two serious problems. 1. there are no new players, all star systems are extinct and empty with the exception of Tau Ceti and Sirius. 2. no new game content comes into play, and if it does, then at far too long intervals.

Keeping the remaining players and clans busy with PVP / conquests may be a good approach, but it is not enough and does not solve these core problems of the game. Your priorities are wrong.

The conquests, in which so much time, effort and energy is invested, do not interest me at all as a player without a clan. On the contrary, there are now so few players and clans on the Korell server alone that it's really difficult to find somewhere to play, especially when other players on Korell think they have to make promises or invitations to join clans and then you yourself are rejected, or there are clans that insist on voice chat on Korell, or there are some clans with completely absurd demands.

And even if it were possible for me to take part in conquests, I wouldn't do it, because I think the way you deal with other players when they have to go afk on the surface is pretty questionable, and I don't really find the whole feature of conquests attractive for me as a player.

So before any players are penalized here for little things like afk, maybe they should work on other core problems of the game first, which should have a higher priority, because I honestly don't know how I should continue in this game at all with this background.

I'm level 91 and stuck on Venar. Before I can continue, I have to get more Ring 5 blueprints from Sirius thanks to a game update, because they think I'm not allowed to unlock the blueprints I made in Tau Ceti, so this star system is unplayable for me. I can't even buy a new Tau Ceti spaceship there... And even then, the storyline there might not be playable solo.

I could create my own clan for the few missing Sirius components, but surprise: there are no new players left to join. And surprise: The enemies that have the required blueprints can't be destroyed solo in Sirius, even though I was able to get my Venar blueprints. How can it be that Sirius Ring 5 units are impossible to solo, but Venar units are? I could look for an existing clan, but surprise: there are very few clans left, some with high requirements.

How are you supposed to progress in this game if you're slowed down like that? With this background, I can actually and strictly speaking look for another game, because how should things continue for me? I hope they reconsider the situation this game has put itself in.

In the past, when there were still enough players and a higher number of clans, or even when I had my own clan, I didn't have these problems. Not even at times when you could still play the storyline without clan dependency. In my opinion, one of the biggest mistakes was to increase the difficulty of the storyline so drastically. The loss of players only came about due to long development breaks / inactivity of the game.

You can now rest on the existing players that are still left, or perhaps you can now ensure that the number of players for this game increases again.

Suggestions, potential solutions:
- Make game more popular through advertising, and by publishing on different platforms. (Facebook, Steam, GoG). More players = more clans.

- Reduce time gaps to new game content, even if Dino Storm has to suffer. It sounds harsh, but why release 3 games at all if you have a team that is far too small for it, as I have often read here in the forum? Pirate Galaxy was there first, not Dino Storm.

- Login Gifts, Activity Gifts: Pour out Cryonite, Gravitons, Energy, and small amounts of Gold for players who log into the game daily, while offering smaller easier activity tasks.

- More variety in the game: Introduces special time-limited quests, especially for the lower star systems. Reward and difficulty of the quests depend on pilot level. Can something like this be achieved?

- New events. Come up with new events and don't just repeat existing events. This has been going on for years, and please change the rewards you can earn. The rewards have remained the same for years. Please change more often.

- Scrambled blueprints: Remove this barrier from the game, or adjust the difficulty so that the items required for Tau Ceti can be obtained solo in Sirius. Sirius should not be a star system designed primarily for clans. There aren't even enough players or enough clans to justify that anymore. Clans should be an optional way to form larger groups of players, to network, to keep busy. But now, because of Sirius and Tau Ceti, your game progress is dependent on clans... Clan bound. That shouldn't be the case.

Please focus on the core problems of this game and not on side issues. The consequence is, and will be, that I will ultimately have to give up the game if the situation doesn't improve.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
This game has two serious problems. 1. there are no new players, all star systems are extinct and empty with the exception of Tau Ceti and Sirius. 2. no new game content comes into play, and if it does, then at far too long intervals.

Keeping the remaining players and clans busy with PVP / conquests may be a good approach, but it is not enough and does not solve these core problems of the game. Your priorities are wrong.

The conquests, in which so much time, effort and energy is invested, do not interest me at all as a player without a clan. On the contrary, there are now so few players and clans on the Korell server alone that it's really difficult to find somewhere to play, especially when other players on Korell think they have to make promises or invitations to join clans and then you yourself are rejected, or there are clans that insist on voice chat on Korell, or there are some clans with completely absurd demands.

And even if it were possible for me to take part in conquests, I wouldn't do it, because I think the way you deal with other players when they have to go afk on the surface is pretty questionable, and I don't really find the whole feature of conquests attractive for me as a player.

So before any players are penalized here for little things like afk, maybe they should work on other core problems of the game first, which should have a higher priority, because I honestly don't know how I should continue in this game at all with this background.

I'm level 91 and stuck on Venar. Before I can continue, I have to get more Ring 5 blueprints from Sirius thanks to a game update, because they think I'm not allowed to unlock the blueprints I made in Tau Ceti, so this star system is unplayable for me. I can't even buy a new Tau Ceti spaceship there... And even then, the storyline there might not be playable solo.

I could create my own clan for the few missing Sirius components, but surprise: there are no new players left to join. And surprise: The enemies that have the required blueprints can't be destroyed solo in Sirius, even though I was able to get my Venar blueprints. How can it be that Sirius Ring 5 units are impossible to solo, but Venar units are? I could look for an existing clan, but surprise: there are very few clans left, some with high requirements.

How are you supposed to progress in this game if you're slowed down like that? With this background, I can actually and strictly speaking look for another game, because how should things continue for me? I hope they reconsider the situation this game has put itself in.

In the past, when there were still enough players and a higher number of clans, or even when I had my own clan, I didn't have these problems. Not even at times when you could still play the storyline without clan dependency. In my opinion, one of the biggest mistakes was to increase the difficulty of the storyline so drastically. The loss of players only came about due to long development breaks / inactivity of the game.

You can now rest on the existing players that are still left, or perhaps you can now ensure that the number of players for this game increases again.

- Make game more popular through advertising, and by publishing on different platforms. (Facebook, Steam, GoG). More players = more clans.

- Reduce time gaps to new game content, even if Dino Storm has to suffer. It sounds harsh, but why release 3 games at all if you have a team that is far too small for it, as I have often read here in the forum? Pirate Galaxy was there first, not Dino Storm.

- Login Gifts, Activity Gifts: Pour out Cryonite, Gravitons, Energy, and small amounts of Gold for players who log into the game daily, while offering smaller easier activity tasks.

- More variety in the game: Introduces special time-limited quests, especially for the lower star systems. Reward and difficulty of the quests depend on pilot level. Can something like this be achieved?

- New events. Come up with new events and don't just repeat existing events. This has been going on for years, and please change the rewards you can earn. The rewards have remained the same for years. Please change more often.

- Scrambled blueprints: Remove this barrier from the game, or adjust the difficulty so that the items required for Tau Ceti can be obtained solo in Sirius. Sirius should not be a star system designed primarily for clans. There aren't even enough players or enough clans to justify that anymore. Clans should be an optional way to form larger groups of players, to network, to keep busy. But now, because of Sirius and Tau Ceti, your game progress is dependent on clans... Clan bound. That shouldn't be the case.

Please focus on the core problems of this game and not on side issues. The consequence is, and will be, that I will ultimately have to give up the game if the situation doesn't improve.
You are repeating what we have already discussed here.

1. new events bring nothing, the effort is not worth it because there is no new rush of players. It makes no sense in terms of costs and time.
2. new ships (RDX only) are only worthwhile for high-ranking players so that they don't lose interest and still put some money into the game.
3. encrypted blueprints are part of it, the encrypted blueprints unlock the highest Ancient technology (Erebos rares).
4. login gifts are a nice gesture, it would not be wrong to introduce them. Achievements rewards unfortunately don't work, as we already have over half of them. I wouldn't want to collect everything.
5. the star systems are very empty, no rush for new players and if there are any they stop immediately because there is no one to interact with.
6. i am strongly in favor of the developers using the lower star systems to add something new. We don't have to go higher and higher.
7. the event thing again... In my opinion we need two RDX planets instead of just 1. Sol System and Gemini System. So every player would have a good chance to collect Cortexes and the ships, but then there are the timeless players who would breathe through the two planets for hours into the night. That's why it wouldn't work.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank

Just as a fact, Sirius is a system that is not made to go alone, it is designed specifically for your progress in conjunction with a clan, without a clan, Sirius is quite challenging, and Tau Ceti although many things can be done alone, the missions cannot is one of them, especially those of Erebos

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
2. new ships (RDX only) are only worthwhile for high-ranking players so that they don't lose interest and still put some money into the game.
Aside from that RDX events are mostly only worth playing every 2nd round so that you can go for 2 Ships instead of just one while the 1st part of the RDX event is useless for most players anyways so that they more do it for the Ifrit Cort then the actuall event itself. Currently i can skip the next RDX event as i obtained both ships in the previous one and wrecking my nerves once a year for this event is more then enough considering how tedious it is imo.
4. login gifts are a nice gesture, it would not be wrong to introduce them. Achievements rewards unfortunately don't work, as we already have over half of them. I wouldn't want to collect everything.
Highway stated to this mechanic that he is not really a fan of a system that simply rewards you for just loging in (fun fact their other 2 games have such a simple mechanic that just requires to login and get rewarded).

If it really is not liked over the simple way it just needs to be bound to some easy mission like kill x enemies or stuff and bam you still have a daily login but need to do something in order to get the reward from it other games have this nowadays as base mechanic.
7. the event thing again... In my opinion we need two RDX planets instead of just 1. Sol System and Gemini System. So every player would have a good chance to collect Cortexes and the ships, but then there are the timeless players who would breathe through the two planets for hours into the night. That's why it wouldn't work.
For this i also made a suggestion to make 2 parts of the RDX event. One part is mission line based and goes from Vega to Sol (exactly 5 systems) with an time game to unlock the next mission every 3 days (RDX mostly goes for 2 weeks so with day 12 all missions are available) and the 2nd part is for those who want to do reactor can do so. Signets in the end are only another useless "currency" in our profile that gives nothing in return no mater if you have 1000 or 10000000 in your profile as they only count towards the milestone during an active RDX event when they are obtained during the event.

Z0ckt

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Z0ckt
Rank
The regular replacement of event rewards may create incentives to play events repeatedly. And is therefore intended more for existing players. Why should I play events in which I already have the event reward?

Erebos rarities can also be built into the ship without this barrier, if the developer wanted to. That's not a valid argument for me. There were also rarities before this new barrier, namely in the previous star systems, without making it so unnecessarily difficult for the players.

This new encryption of blueprints, which has been activated for all star systems, is in my opinion the next big mistake for this game and unnecessarily slows down your own progress. So for me it doesn't belong, it should be abolished. And most of the players here aren't even affected by it. It's easy to approve of such a feature when you had the privilege of being able to collect blueprints without this barrier.

I wasn't talking about achievement rewards. Rather daily quests that could be introduced separately.

Sirius doesn't fulfill its role as a star system for clans (anymore) because there are too few players and too few clans. I already mentioned it, I'm stuck between these two star systems... I can't get a Tau Ceti spaceship, nor the opportunity to capture the last missing Ring 5 (2) components. That doesn't work without other players.

As long as there are so few players and so few clans, Sirius needs to be made more accessible. You can reactivate the Sirius role as a star system for clans if you have managed to get more and enough new players...