What's new

Suggestions for potential game improvements

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Im lazy developer that answers and gives reasoning... fear those who do not answer because these are the ones that truly do not care ;p
It is more the case that I just take vacation time once a year ;)

EDIT1: it seems from what i see here and in other thread that the feedback regarding the drones is in generel rather positive, with singular exceptions, right?

Last edited:

STAIN

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
WorkingAsIntended
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
Yes drones are ok change... can we please do something with the bug while switching them in hangar (stuttering or straight up disappearing [needs to reland on hangar for them to see]) or in fight... like its dropping frames there and sometimes just crashes.

Razor2278

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Razor.Pl
Rank
I wanted to ask about adding one active drone slot so that four drones would be active because individual drones have been strengthened, this one active slot would help a lot

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
it seems from what i see here and in other thread that the feedback regarding the drones is in generel rather positive, with singular exceptions, right?
Yeah it brought back some barely used drones and introduced new PVP playstyles, so all in all it was a pretty good idea. Other than almost everyone disliking the fan drone changes specifically opinions in game is also good like on forums.
can we please do something with the bug while switching them in hangar (stuttering or straight up disappearing [needs to reland on hangar for them to see]) or in fight... like its dropping frames there and sometimes just crashes
I mean everyone has stutters when they switch drones, but that's most likely a physical server problem with the lack of ports if i'm to assume. It looks like there's an input lag every time it happens leading me to believe one port is used per player for both output and input information so it causes a slight delay, i could be wrong though.

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
I wanted to ask about adding one active drone slot so that four drones would be active because individual drones have been strengthened, this one active slot would help a lot
Well yeah, although if experienced enough you can already use all drone bonuses atm, so it mainly changes the fact that there will be 10 times less clicking to switch them. And since we're already talking about drone switch stutters that also means a lot less lag for everyone. On the other hand its balanced since you would spend 33% more energy on average from drones. Other reasons are in the main post anyway.

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I saw that, and the claim that it would magically change the skillgap between players is not really something i support, it is more like oh now everyone uses more drones, gap just remains the same.
Also I already saw that there was someone demanding to make use of all 6 drone slots, it is just the thing that happens again and again, just give me more, more, more.

Can someone tell the generel reaction when a perceived op item gets nerfed?^^
About stutters or something in that direction, that is far outside my handlung or solving skills

The thing about the taunt is clear and without question something everyone can get behind that it requires some improvement to be of more use.

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
I saw that, and the claim that it would magically change the skillgap between players is not really something i support, it is more like oh now everyone uses more drones, gap just remains the same.
Also I already saw that there was someone demanding to make use of all 6 drone slots, it is just the thing that happens again and again, just give me more, more, more
Nah drawing the line at 4 is obvious already, although i can surely say that switching drones gives much bigger advantages in PVP than one can imagine. If you were to ask other experienced and top players they would also agree, its just some of them like to keep this advantage for themselves. I've been switching drones for years now even before the update and even back then it was not only very advantageous, but also a giant headache because of the switching lag.
The thing about the taunt is clear and without question something everyone can get behind that it requires some improvement to be of more use
Very glad to hear this myself, i've been thinking about that one since a year ago

STAIN

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
WorkingAsIntended
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
*Prot is nerfed sounds in the background*

Instead of enabling 4 drones (that would actually buff everything else because % gain of stats would be higher than it is with the combination of buffed drones) just get good?

And yes make the taunt better... like for example i want to hear someone get mad in voice comms because he got taunted.

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
Instead of enabling 4 drones (that would actually buff everything else because % gain of stats would be higher than it is with the combination of buffed drones) just get good
How about u actually get good and not troll every conquest so then u can have credibility to talk about balance? WoW, Data and i spend dozens of hours discussing these changes and balance around them before suggesting them.. Also something gotta be done to make people happy in some way before everyone decides to quit you know, i just gave the easiest and actually profitable solution that even solves many issues along the way.

Hecatte

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Podatte
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
How about u actually get good and not troll every conquest so then u can have credibility to talk about balance? WoW, Data and i spend dozens of hours discussing these changes and balance around them before suggesting them.. Also something gotta be done to make people happy in some way before everyone decides to quit you know, i just gave the easiest and actually profitable solution that even solves many issues along the way.
dragonarh you are the last one that can talk about credibility git gud

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
About alliances, limiting the amount of fleets that can join is something i see mixed, because it is not really like it could force them to combat each other, then they just do not fight. and switching between clans within the same alliance without delay is just a circumventing of the timelimiting, and i'm rally not keen on that. But giving alliances a more meaning and functionality yeah that is welcome.

STAIN

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
WorkingAsIntended
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
Well its simple solution to this problem really... just force pvp red mode on high lvl zones so alliances have a meaning (so you actually choose who is your friend etc) bring back the pirate in the galaxy... so people can actually get anger out in game... and dont even start that people would quit the game... you have reached the point where people would still play even if you released another system like tc... (no tc isnt good)

Your answers can be translated into this "yes but actually no... yes we need to change something... *doing nothing intensifies*"

Like game needs extreme changes to be good but requires peoples WILL... something i dont really see... yes we get that its small dev team... yes we get that you have 3 games 1 of them is completely forgotten ... yes we do understand that games are making money without you doing anything... but for the love of god you could atleast follow same rules as you did before ... TC rares arent following the same green patterns indicating they are golds ... most equipment there are just white bricks that i cant even compare to ancient designs just like ships ... releasing rdx'es for some reason is your priority ... i get that they are making money... is short term profit really the goal here? Performance is good... cqs are ok now ... drones whatever ... balance kekw... imagine having hope today that something in that regard will change... making changes and testing them even on live servers is better than nothing just saying... most development teams are giving half-baked early access games... why cant you just let it go and do things... people would play again i can guarantee

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
because it is not really like it could force them to combat each other, then they just do not fight
Well its more about encouraging them to make teams between clans and more of them, nobody pays for clan conquests these days either way other than on Gaia. As for time limits, they existed before because of fear of people abusing the cryonite funds, but now its no longer an issue since there is a 15 day limit before someone can receive it. Also in general donation pool already fixed half of that issue since nobody can gift others their cryo.

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
Well its simple solution to this problem really... just force pvp red mode on high lvl zones so alliances have a meaning (so you actually choose who is your friend etc) bring back the pirate in the galaxy... so people can actually get anger out in game... and dont even start that people would quit the game... you have reached the point where people would still play even if you released another system like tc... (no tc isnt good)

Your answers can be translated into this "yes but actually no... yes we need to change something... *doing nothing intensifies*"

Like game needs extreme changes to be good but requires peoples WILL... something i dont really see... yes we get that its small dev team... yes we get that you have 3 games 1 of them is completely forgotten ... yes we do understand that games are making money without you doing anything... but for the love of god you could atleast follow same rules as you did before ... TC rares arent following the same green patterns indicating they are golds ... most equipment there are just white bricks that i cant even compare to ancient designs just like ships ... releasing rdx'es for some reason is your priority ... i get that they are making money... is short term profit really the goal here? Performance is good... cqs are ok now ... drones whatever ... balance kekw... imagine having hope today that something in that regard will change... making changes and testing them even on live servers is better than nothing just saying... most development teams are giving half-baked early access games... why cant you just let it go and do things... people would play again i can guarantee
I mean i can agree with the fact that unless something gets tried out nobody can say if its gonna be good or not. So being afraid to change things because theres a risk of it being unbalanced will never result in any progress either. Gotta be ready to make mistakes to improve something

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I mean i can agree with the fact that unless something gets tried out nobody can say if its gonna be good or not. So being afraid to change things because theres a risk of it being unbalanced will never result in any progress either. Gotta be ready to make mistakes to improve something
That is the purpose of having testing teams on PTR.

STAIN

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
WorkingAsIntended
Rank
Clan
Golfos Del Universo
And after todays update in cq we had bugs again any tester would have caught if they tested it once so i guess we have no testing teams.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
You can not test all eventualites for such an complicated and underlying change in the networklayer. It can effect anything related to the game. Mosty you do tests here and there in hope to catch the essentials. Happy so far that all the rest works apart from the enlist competitor board. And that will be sorted soon as well. Fingers crossed that it stays the only issue.

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
That is the purpose of having testing teams on PTR.
No PTR tests don't contain suggested changes, rather only those that already got programmed in, i'm sure you have a capacity to understand this?
You can not test all eventualites for such an complicated and underlying change in the networklayer. It can effect anything related to the game. Mosty you do tests here and there in hope to catch the essentials. Happy so far that all the rest works apart from the enlist competitor board. And that will be sorted soon as well. Fingers crossed that it stays the only issue
Yea, other than the OTB list everything seems to be alright now for everyone. I've checked the drone fps drop with other people though and everyone seems to have it. But i think thats the same old switching lag so nothing to worry about.

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
The thing about the taunt is clear and without question something everyone can get behind that it requires some improvement to be of more use
Are there any thoughts about cortexes though, thats probably the biggest and most important of the suggestion we made so far and also why most people liked the initial post. Its clear from the images below that apart from Hgus and his alt account and 1 other person who didnt even explaining their thoughts everyone took this post very positive. It would be neglectful to not go a bit deeper into the ideas than just initial thoughts and reactions.
There is another point i wanted to make in the post about improving the influx of new players, this time not by trying to attract people but rather by reducing the amount of paths they can take when starting. I'd have to digress to explain the reasoning behind this.

So we all know there has been a lot of discussions in the past about server mergers, however estimates from the dev team showed that this idea would take too long to execute. Main reason why merging was even considered was that some servers were almost completely inactive like Aeria and Kalgan, and these days maybe even Solaria and Trantor. I could be wrong about some servers but im saying this from what i've heard about them and seen from screenshots.

Lets now consider the experience of an average new player. Assuming that most have an equal incentive to go for any of the servers, up to 50% of new players may quit after a few days just because they had bad luck of choosing a dead server to start with. Problem is that to know populations of servers they would have to play long enough to hear that information from other players, by which time they had probably given up already even if they liked the game.

If, instead of doing a massive merger, devs diverted the traffic of new players, only allowing them to start on Gaia, Askone and etc, we would get a slight insurgence of new pilots on these servers that actually are active. Perhaps it would be fair to allow pilots who still play on dead servers to transfer their accounts to an active one of their choice. Number of transfers needed here would be minimal and after a while, so everyone willing to transfer has time to do it, these servers could even be closed. This would ultimately increase the amount of new players starting and playing on active servers keeping them running for a while longer.
Also about this, one of the biggest problems of keeping the game alive is not having enough new players.

Attachments