Suggestions for potential game improvements

TheData

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
TheData
Rank
Another PVP biased thread. Just people crying "Hey, this is not useful for PVP. I don't know how to use it."
You can just say you cant read bud rather then say something completly wrong my friend <3

ben1982

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
ben1982
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter

Malevos

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Malevos
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighters
I wholeheartedly support these changes there may need to be some tweaks as some others have suggested, overall the premise is sound and even if only half of these ideas get implemented it will do the world of good for the replayability of the game aspects that relate to these items and cortexes. Eagle Eye and Nephilim have been long overdue for a rework/buff. Taunt needing some proper love and attention even more overdue.

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
poitu
Rank
Clan
Golfos del Universo
Another PVP biased thread. Just people crying "Hey, this is not useful for PVP. I don't know how to use it."
Dude, you can say something than cannot be involved yourself or let devs be happy? you aren't helping the community. Your cries is not helping anyone.
I'm already lazy to see you disliking comments because is not about "killing a giza" and let clap for the great job to the devs. They need feedback, not you.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Hmm Believe me, if this game had twice or three times as many players, we wouldn't have such problems with improvements/suggestions/changes. In my opinion this happens out of sheer boredom and too much time to think about how to improve the game.

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
Hmm Believe me, if this game had twice or three times as many players, we wouldn't have such problems with improvements/suggestions/changes. In my opinion this happens out of sheer boredom and too much time to think about how to improve the game.
There are still enough people playing pirate galaxy, maybe not on yours, but for example on the gaia server, where u have 70-80 people enlist to an average OTB every day. Regardless of that these suggestions take 1 to 20 minutes each to code since there are algorithms existing in the game doing pretty much the same things, they just need to be copy pasted and changed slightly. Even if it brings 5% of people back Its still a good time investment and also will keep those already playing the game from leaving

Reactions: WoW

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
There are still enough people playing pirate galaxy, maybe not on yours, but for example on the gaia server, where u have 70-80 people enlist to an average OTB every day. Regardless of that these suggestions take 1 to 20 minutes each to code since there are algorithms existing in the game doing pretty much the same things, they just need to be copy pasted and changed slightly. Even if it brings 5% of people back Its still a good time investment and also will keep those already playing the game from leaving
Yes, it may be that your server is more active or other servers. In separate packages of all servers the number of players is so low that the outcry for server merging is the highest wish. These are problems that arise out of desperation and boredom. Sorry to say that.

The developers surprised us with the drone update, the outcry was also too big because it is simply too "OP". As I said, if there were more players, pvp would be the order of the day for everyone (except me), but that's not the case. You want changes, so does the next player, and the ones after that. In the end, the developers decide on something that goes completely backwards because they also feel under extreme pressure and don't want to lose players. In this case I'm referring to the lengthy Sirius BP drops, the frequency of the drops. The failure of TC.

Too many changes, be it buffing/debuffing ships. Sirius tech weaknesses in preparation for TC1 from 85 to 82. weaken magnet trap HP. Introducing the RDX chromian, which outshines every other ship in PvPs. So many things that were right and wrong
The best thing we can do is let them do it. Until Dino Storm is done and the time is right for PG.

Parsec and RDX ships are now equal and the drone update. These are positive aspects in the form of "changes".

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
Pretty sure everyone is considerate about that. Giving a suggestion cant hurt even if it doesn't get implemented, or if doing so takes a year. From what i see most people agree though, and even if they don't they agree with how we tackled them they do with the fact that these features we targeted feel off. There's little point debating about it until we see some opinions from the developer team

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I love this game. It is fine as it is. The fact that many people enjoy it on Gaia proves that game mechanics are not the cause of depopulation on other servers.

Please do more advertising. It appears that relying solely on word-of-mouth advertising is not sufficient.

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
poitu
Rank
Clan
Golfos del Universo
I love this game. It is fine as it is. The fact that many people enjoy it on Gaia proves that game mechanics are not the cause of depopulation on other servers.

Please do more advertising. It appears that relying solely on word-of-mouth advertising is not sufficient.
Dude, people from Gaia are playing this game because their computers can run this game (most of them have pc's from 2000 its a joke that you dont know this fact) its ok you love this game, but dont say its enough, this game is not finished yet.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I didn't say "enough", I said "fine as it is". However, there is room for improvement with new content and bug fixes.
But some people want to change some aspects of the game that have worked flawlessly for years. They claim to speak for the majority of users, but that may not be the case.

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
Please do more advertising
Even a blind hen pecks a seed sometimes its said. First time i can say i agree with something u wrote

As for your logic to why people are playing on some servers and not others my friend you aren't really a mind reader to be able to guess why everyone is playing and what that fact proves. From what i've seen you just scour the forums liking every post made by devs or GMs seeking attention and disliking every post made by players that actually care about this game. Why do you think everyone else is here making any posts, or why does the forum exist in the first place? You disliked our post without reading it, saying that it neglects PVE which it literally tackles more than PVP in the first 3 statements. Its time you realise that this game isn't gonna last forever and that its player base is shrinking every week so sitting here saying you love it wont make it survive longer. Advertising and improving the game to bring people in will however, which is the sole reason people make suggestions.. :rolleyes:

NosferatuZodd

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Griffith
Rank
Clan
Tropa de Elite Kps
Just complementing the posts with some informations .

Dude, people from Gaia are playing this game because their computers can run this game (most of them have pc's from 2000 its a joke that you dont know this fact) its ok you love this game, but dont say its enough, this game is not finished yet.
This is not the only reason why "people from gaia" are playing this game and the server is more active than others. Its too, cause many players from other servers migrated to Gaia, and they are Hyped.

Its time you realise that this game isn't gonna last forever and that its player base is shrinking every week so sitting here saying you love it wont make it survive longer. Advertising and improving the game to bring people in will however, which is the sole reason people make suggestions.. :rolleyes:

Yes, you are correct, many real old players from Gaia have already leave and switch for other games. Its a question about how many time the hype from the ones who have migrated from other servers will remain

turenaxe

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Cloud Strife
Rank
Clan
CzechoFZAAZFAZF Legion
this game is most definitely not fine as it is, my first gripe with this game is the god awful reactivity of keyboard movement. Second is the lack of settings allowing you to change keybinds.

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
poitu
Rank
Clan
Golfos del Universo
Just complementing the posts with some informations .

This is not the only reason why "people from gaia" are playing this game and the server is more active than others. Its too, cause many players from other servers migrated to Gaia, and they are Hyped.

Yes, you are correct, many real old players from Gaia have already leave and switch for other games. Its a question about how many time the hype from the ones who have migrated from other servers will remain
Reason n°1 Spanish community is not small, Gaia mostly have people from South America-North America, remember most of them where from Aurora until Gaia where opened.
Reason n°2 GMs doesn't appears there, so they do what they want, so no ban, people still playing.
Reason n°3 otb time, only affects to Europe time zone (2am for me).
Obviously they are hyped with these numbers. Would like to give you more reasons, but with these 3 is enough to know why Gaia is so active plus what i told in the thread.

Last edited:

TunaThePilot

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Tuna The Pilot
Rank
Clan
Dark Brotherhood
There is only one thing that can be done to attract more players to the game. That's advertising. To do this, make an agreement with a few Twitch or Youtube broadcasters. In this way, I am sure the number of players will increase.

KillerSoldier_

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
KillerSoldier
Rank
Clan
Illuminati
All in all I´m fine with the ideas and I like them. There are only two things I have to say something about:
1. - Changing Nephilim and Eagle Eye activation triggers to be similar to Asura, making it activate with 4 or more items in cooldown.
- Making Eagle Eye cortex give 5% hit and 15% crit chance.
- Fixing Nephilim cortex effect on repair turrets and increasing the effect itself to 20%.
- Changing the reactor reset from 14 to 7 days for only Nephilim and Eagle Eye cortex.
Once you change/fix the effect for these two Cortex I doubt the reset needs to be changed down to 7 days as they would be more wanted then resulting in higher activity on Phobos and Arkon by itself. So I don´t think that´s really needed then. Otherwise it will end up in people asking for a third Cortex-Slot because they have no idea any more where to put the cortex on :sweatgrinning:

4. The idea is to change the effect of taunt so that, when placed on a target, it would force lock the enemy to only shoot the pilot who used it on them for its duration. This goes perfectly with the description and the name of the items itself. The Effect suggested would be very strategic, specific and very powerful if used on ships like engineers since then they wouldn't be able to lock onto allies and heal them for a long time. The solution would be to reduce the active time of the taunt to around 10 seconds. This would then make taunt very versatile in PVP and in group missions that include bosses with a lot of damage if the effect also applied to PVE units. Finally, taunt ships like Dominator and Bullfrog will finally see the light of day while also giving future possibilities and ideas for an RDX ship around taunt.
Got a couple more words regarding this:
How should the "power" of the Taunt be included then? Taking the 10 seconds only it will end up in people using the lowest available Taunt (like symbolic one in Tau Ceti), because going by that idea it will have the same effect as the rare Taunt.
Taking an individual duration for each Taunt would be a hard thing to programm, as the duration for it is fixed while the power for each level is different. Might be a lot of paperwork for poor Alexw then to find the best balance, keeping in mind that a lower leveled target should be affected stronger by a higher taunt than vice versa. You might already see, working on the Taunt looks easy on the first bit, but going into the details it shows a lot more problems.

One way to make the taunt better might be not changing anything on the duration, but if I take that "lock the enemy to only shoot the pilot who used it"-part of your idea I might have another solution:
If the Taunt is used, the target can only shoot the taunting unit/player. So far, so good. In that case the Taunt-Level could decrease the damage dealt by the target. I know this idea was written somewhere a while ago already, but combined with that target-lock you brought in it might be the best (or easiest) way to work on the taunt.

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
Once you change/fix the effect for these two Cortex I doubt the reset needs to be changed down to 7 days as they would be more wanted then resulting in higher activity on Phobos and Arkon by itself.
This is a very valid point, the reason we proposed the lowed reactor to be 1 week was actually the lack of these cortexes already in existence since for years rarely who was going for them. Much more abundant in the game at this point are Ifrit and Asura so to add up for those lost Neplilims and Eagle eyes over the years.

Got a couple more words regarding this:
How should the "power" of the Taunt be included then? Taking the 10 seconds only it will end up in people using the lowest available Taunt (like symbolic one in Tau Ceti), because going by that idea it will have the same effect as the rare Taunt
Thank you kindly for asking this question, you are hitting right at the point. We thought about this problem but with the intention to not make the text wall of 4 forum posts merged into one even longer, we decided to privately explain that to the dev team if they get interested. The solution to this can be easily implemented as well with making the taunt duration depend on a targets armour level compared to the level of taunt. Functions like this already exist for other items like for example speed effect depending on your armour itself, or prot being capped to certain HP being placed on much lower system ships. However this would mean that long and strong taunt would need to be removed, as well as maybe ancient taunts up to Gemini included, to not make tanks op in lower systems where there are only basic ship classes. So for example gold taunt maybe would last 8 sec instead of 10, but placing a Vega taunt on a sol ship would only last 1-2 or similar values. Doing this would provide another side benefit for new Sirius players since they wont be waiting 6 months to get their blasters. This i admit will take few hours to code compared to the other suggestions and is exactly why taunt changes are listed as last and least important, even thought they are probably the most interesting.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Wouldn´t it be much easier to consider what the taunts actually intention was? I mean the idea of the taunt was from the start to get the aggro of an enemy so that it "loves you until death departs you". For PvP the sole purpose of taunt is/was to prevent the other player from leaving the planet during the duration (if we not count CQ rounds in due of obvious reasons) while for PvE it was simply a single target aggro magnet for the player who used it and what it did pretty well... until "certain mechanics" were changed.

So rather then let the brain melt about how to determine the time of duration i would focus on the actuall number that is aggro generation. Let us assume that a lvl 85 unit needs to take an aggro value of 5k to consider you as "Main target". If the level of the unit and the Taunt level are the same or higher the Taunt will crate this value directly so that the user is the main target simply from pushing the button to activate the Taunt.

If however you try then to use the lvl 85 Taunt against a lvl 88 Unit if will not consider the user as main target as the lvl 88 unit now already needs 7.5k aggro what only can be provided from the lvl 88 taunt as the lvl 85 Taunt lacks 2.5k of the aggro value that is required to keep the aggro. Should be at least an much easier approach then trying to consider other values like armor; level; and what not just to get a duration value and would give a reason to install a better taunt if used on the story planets.

Most and foremost the most needed change imo is to make it worth using a ship that uses taunt without the risk of losing the aggro within seconds again just because a wild dmg ship or healer is close by and as long as taunt is active. The main reason not many players use a ship with Taunt in the setup is the fact that the aggro is lost to quick again.