Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Warrior-of-War
Rank
Clan
Bad Bad Boys
My friend and I have been thinking of suggesting some ideas here on forums for a while, after many years of playing the game and gathering a lot of experience in both PVP and PVE. We hope that these ideas if implemented could have long-term benefits for the whole community, increasing the player base and bringing some players back to the game. Furthermore, all of them are carefully thought through so that they are easily implementable from the developer side. Our targets here are mostly features inside the game that are barely used at all. These tweaks would attract some attention from both old and new players. We are sure that most people would be pleased by them and would agree with the changes, but we want to hear as much feedback from both players and devs.

Unused and unpopular features of the game:

1. Nephilim and Eagle Eye cortex are not used by players and the reactors of these are almost completely dead. This is because of the following:

- Moving is essential in every aspect of the game, especially in higher systems and PVP, which makes Eagle Eye obsolete and not activatable.
- Eagle Eye effect has always worked with only blasters and never went well with the name of the item.
- Nephilim is decent but doesn't work on some healing items such as the repair turret.
- Nephilim complements Engineering ships the most. However, to be able to make use of the cortex, those ships must go in the front lines, going against their play style.
- Nephilim is the only cortex that can't be used in 1v1 PVP because of the way it activates.

2. Since the introduction of the OTB system, alliances have lost most of their meaning since all they change is adding another chat layer to the game.

3. The latest drone stat update has added a great variety in drone use which was an excellent idea, bringing back some unused drones to life and making almost everyone constantly fill all 6 of their drone slots. However, as pilots who have enjoyed PVP and conquests for years and have a lot of experience in them, we must admit that even better players throughout all servers barely manage to keep up with this meta of switching all 6 drones. Considering this, average and new players now have a much bigger disadvantage than before which discourages most from practicing PVP or playing any sort of conquest.

4. After the fairly recent buff of aggro-beacons, which made them very useful in PVE, the taunt item became the only item that has almost no use in either PVP or PVE. Before the OTBs it was used to make someone unable to orbit in conquests, but these days since orbiting is prohibited this use also disappeared. This is why nobody playing competitively or trying to progress through the game ever builds Dominators, Bullfrogs or Claws, which have become totally obsolete.

Possible solutions and benefits:

1. - Changing Nephilim and Eagle Eye activation triggers to be similar to Asura, making it activate with 4 or more items in cooldown.
- Making Eagle Eye cortex give 5% hit and 15% crit chance.
- Fixing Nephilim cortex effect on repair turrets and increasing the effect itself to 20%.
- Changing the reactor reset from 14 to 7 days for only Nephilim and Eagle Eye cortex.

This will make these cortexes much more versatile in PVE and PVP depending on the ship they get placed on, while also fixing all of their activation problems and bringing people back to their reactors. Furthermore, the bonuses will encourage different playstyles, making Eagle Eye and Nephilim a viable alternative for Asura. This will give lower-level players and those who haven't completed half of the Erebos mission some alternative. After all, we are given 2 cortex slots on all ships since Vega, so why would we have to finish everything up to half of the Erebos missions to get value out of cortexes?

2. - Making a button in the alliance tab which allows for transferring between clans inside the alliance via a new form of application. Transferring like this would give a very short or no cooldown before being able to join another clan.
- Introducing a maximum for the number of clans that can be inside an alliance to 3

Introducing this new way of transfer will most likely make people switch clans to play clan versus clan conquests more often and make more people on average play them since most get discouraged from doing this by the 3-day cooldown. However, since the removal of cooldown inside of alliances provides much easier access inside Sirius, for balancing purposes we consider the perfect number for maximum clans allowed in the alliance to be 3. This furthermore encourages pilots to make more alliances netting more clan conquests in the end, while also giving purposes to alliances both in PVP and PVE.

3. Increasing the maximum active drone amount to 4 could make the skill gap from people having to switch drones much smaller, allowing everyone to have a more enjoyable and user-friendly experience. This change also makes sense considering that the amount of drones in the game has increased over the years. On average players will indeed have a slight buff from having another drone active. However, this doesn't go without a cost since this will increase the average drone energy consumption for players by 33%. This will encourage people to buy memberships more frequently which also helps the developer team.

4. The idea is to change the effect of taunt so that, when placed on a target, it would force lock the enemy to only shoot the pilot who used it on them for its duration. This goes perfectly with the description and the name of the items itself. The Effect suggested would be very strategic, specific and very powerful if used on ships like engineers since then they wouldn't be able to lock onto allies and heal them for a long time. The solution would be to reduce the active time of the taunt to around 10 seconds. This would then make taunt very versatile in PVP and in group missions that include bosses with a lot of damage if the effect also applied to PVE units. Finally, taunt ships like Dominator and Bullfrog will finally see the light of day while also giving future possibilities and ideas for an RDX ship around taunt.

The ideas we presented are some of those we consider would make the most positive impact on the game with the least amount of work required on the developer side. Other than this, we have several other recommendations which if interested we can present to the development team privately or on the forum. We appreciate the work that has been put into the game and are just wanting to contribute.

Dragonarh, TheData and WoW from Askone

turenaxe

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Cloud Strife
Rank
Clan
CzechoFZAAZFAZF Legion
make a proper keybind settings section and make movement more reactive

Steel_Blue

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Shots
Rank
Clan
The Outlaws Solaria
The idea is to change the effect of taunt so that, when placed on a target, it would force lock the enemy to only shoot the pilot who used it on them for its duration.
As a player with little to none experience of pvp meta, what would you think of a different control-based effect for taunt? An item that does not allow retreat: When a taunted ship is moving away from the ship that applied the taunt, -25% move speed. Would a ship that has taunt applied to it be allowed to target allied ships to apply buffs such as repair target under your idea? Or would support be relegated only to non-target abilities like repair field?

turenaxe

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Cloud Strife
Rank
Clan
CzechoFZAAZFAZF Legion
As a player with little to none experience of pvp meta, what would you think of a different control-based effect for taunt? An item that does not allow retreat: When a taunted ship is moving away from the ship that applied the taunt, -25% move speed. Would a ship that has taunt applied to it be allowed to target allied ships to apply buffs such as repair target under your idea? Or would support be relegated only to non-target abilities like repair field?
taunt has no use in pvp as it does nothing

starick

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
Annakin
Rank
Clan
-Golfos del Universo-
i like all the ideas.

Reactions: WoW

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
An item that does not allow retreat: When a taunted ship is moving away from the ship that applied the taunt, -25% move speed. Would a ship that has taunt applied to it be allowed to target allied ships to apply buffs such as repair target under your idea?
I'd say that the relative movement you speak of is probably a lot harder to code than the idea we suggested and will most likely be unreliable because of how many parameters are involved. To answer your question though, nope in our idea a taunted engi wouldn't be able to rt or prot for its duration. Repair fields however would work, as well as items like mines, bombs and turrets, the use of which i hope will be encouraged as well since we dont see them much in conquests

moddoo

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Za VillainessEmpress
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
nephilim power up to 20% looks a bit broken with turrets
but i do agree about activation changes and rewards reset time
those cortex almost has no value at all and i didnt even know about nephilim not working on turrets why am i even using on sol para ..

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
nephilim power up to 20% looks a bit broken with turrets
Thing is tho, unless you are grinding, it would still be tricky activating the cortex to work all the time having 4 or more items in cooldown. Turrets dont heal that much unless stacked in big numbers as well. I'd agree that its not the most important of ideas, we just felt that ships with only rd hardly can use nephilim with 15%

• Informative

immo29

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Asmodeus-
Rank
My friend and I have been thinking of suggesting some ideas here on forums for a while, after many years of playing the game and gathering a lot of experience in both PVP and PVE. We hope that these ideas if implemented could have long-term benefits for the whole community, increasing the player base and bringing some players back to the game. Furthermore, all of them are carefully thought through so that they are easily implementable from the developer side. Our targets here are mostly features inside the game that are barely used at all. These tweaks would attract some attention from both old and new players. We are sure that most people would be pleased by them and would agree with the changes, but we want to hear as much feedback from both players and devs.

Unused and unpopular features of the game:

1. Nephilim and Eagle Eye cortex are not used by players and the reactors of these are almost completely dead. This is because of the following:

- Moving is essential in every aspect of the game, especially in higher systems and PVP, which makes Eagle Eye obsolete and not activatable.
- Eagle Eye effect has always worked with only blasters and never went well with the name of the item.
- Nephilim is decent but doesn't work on some healing items such as the repair turret.
- Nephilim complements Engineering ships the most. However, to be able to make use of the cortex, those ships must go in the front lines, going against their play style.
- Nephilim is the only cortex that can't be used in 1v1 PVP because of the way it activates.

2. Since the introduction of the OTB system, alliances have lost most of their meaning since all they change is adding another chat layer to the game.

3. The latest drone stat update has added a great variety in drone use which was an excellent idea, bringing back some unused drones to life and making almost everyone constantly fill all 6 of their drone slots. However, as pilots who have enjoyed PVP and conquests for years and have a lot of experience in them, we must admit that even better players throughout all servers barely manage to keep up with this meta of switching all 6 drones. Considering this, average and new players now have a much bigger disadvantage than before which discourages most from practicing PVP or playing any sort of conquest.

4. After the fairly recent buff of aggro-beacons, which made them very useful in PVE, the taunt item became the only item that has almost no use in either PVP or PVE. Before the OTBs it was used to make someone unable to orbit in conquests, but these days since orbiting is prohibited this use also disappeared. This is why nobody playing competitively or trying to progress through the game ever builds Dominators, Bullfrogs or Claws, which have become totally obsolete.

Possible solutions and benefits:

1. - Changing Nephilim and Eagle Eye activation triggers to be similar to Asura, making it activate with 4 or more items in cooldown.
- Fixing Nephilim cortex effect on repair turrets and increasing the effect itself to 20%.
- Changing the reactor reset from 14 to 7 days for only Nephilim and Eagle Eye cortex.

This will make these cortexes much more versatile in PVE and PVP depending on the ship they get placed on, while also fixing all of their activation problems and bringing people back to their reactors. Furthermore, the bonuses will encourage different playstyles, making Eagle Eye and Nephilim a viable alternative for Asura. This will give lower-level players and those who haven't completed half of the Erebos mission some alternative. After all, we are given 2 cortex slots on all ships since Vega, so why would we have to finish everything up to half of the Erebos missions to get value out of cortexes?

2. - Making a button in the alliance tab which allows for transferring between clans inside the alliance via a new form of application. Transferring like this would give a very short or no cooldown before being able to join another clan.
- Introducing a maximum for the number of clans that can be inside an alliance to 3

Introducing this new way of transfer will most likely make people switch clans to play clan versus clan conquests more often and make more people on average play them since most get discouraged from doing this by the 3-day cooldown. However, since the removal of cooldown inside of alliances provides much easier access inside Sirius, for balancing purposes we consider the perfect number for maximum clans allowed in the alliance to be 3. This furthermore encourages pilots to make more alliances netting more clan conquests in the end, while also giving purposes to alliances both in PVP and PVE.

3. Increasing the maximum active drone amount to 4 could make the skill gap from people having to switch drones much smaller, allowing everyone to have a more enjoyable and user-friendly experience. This change also makes sense considering that the amount of drones in the game has increased over the years. On average players will indeed have a slight buff from having another drone active. However, this doesn't go without a cost since this will increase the average drone energy consumption for players by 33%. This will encourage people to buy memberships more frequently which also helps the developer team.

4. The idea is to change the effect of taunt so that, when placed on a target, it would force lock the enemy to only shoot the pilot who used it on them for its duration. This goes perfectly with the description and the name of the items itself. The Effect suggested would be very strategic, specific and very powerful if used on ships like engineers since then they wouldn't be able to lock onto allies and heal them for a long time. The solution would be to reduce the active time of the taunt to around 10 seconds. This would then make taunt very versatile in PVP and in group missions that include bosses with a lot of damage if the effect also applied to PVE units. Finally, taunt ships like Dominator and Bullfrog will finally see the light of day while also giving future possibilities and ideas for an RDX ship around taunt.

The ideas we presented are some of those we consider would make the most positive impact on the game with the least amount of work required on the developer side. Other than this, we have several other recommendations which if interested we can present to the development team privately or on the forum. We appreciate the work that has been put into the game and are just wanting to contribute.

Dragonarh, TheData and WoW from Askone

this is very very very interesting, i like.

_beerus_

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
_Beerus_
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
I dont have any arguments against these ideas. I agree eagle eye ( especially ) and nephilim cortex have become obsolete and you will sometimes find nobody at all making runs due to the lack of competition so I agree with everything said

Getagripx

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Za VillainEmperor
Rank
Interesting suggestions. I'd like to provide my input on the aforementioned points, one by one.

1. Nephilim and Eagle Eye cortexes - both of them are barely used and only by players who do not yet have the more potent Ifrit/Asura ones, so a change/buff is definitely warranted. I like the idea you've put forward, however I would not go for the Nephilim buff as described above, as I too agree with the concerns others have already expressed regarding the cortex's interaction with Repair Turrets. Turret spam is already OP enough as is in my opinion. The easiest way to get value out of the cortex is by far a tweak to its activation criteria.

2. Changes to the alliance - I see no downside with the proposed changes. Alliances basically serve no purpose other than providing us with another chat window (I guess protection from shooting each other as well) but both of those "benefits" are extremely negligible and insignificant. Therefore, any additional reason to form them and expand them is welcome in my book. The only thing I'd add is that we should be open to fine-tuning the number of clans allowed in a single alliance.

3. Not entirely sure how I feel about this one. I personally like the fact that the recent drones update made playing at the highest level more difficult. The game generally has a relatively low skill ceiling so I'm not opposed to changes which elevate it. I'd probably opt for an extra drone slot instead (as odd as that may sound) but I do also realise such a change is not going to be as straightforward and will most likely not be implemented.

4. The taunt item is by far the most useless and least utilized one in the game. Therefore, again, any buff to it is welcome. You've provided an intriguing suggestion for it. However, although I am not opposed to it, I do fear it may prove to be a little bit on the OP side but I may be wrong. Another alternative which has been brought up multiple times in the past is to have the taunt increase all damage taken by the taunted target. It may be slightly easier to implement from a developer's perspective.

Best regards,

XxXKrakenXxX

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Oh boy... a talk about changing stuff again? And i have seen it? This can´t end well if i start to invite myself to the party... well here we go then.
I have to disagree at this here as Eagle eye does in fact increase the range for other items as well but it is not with the same effect for some reason. The best combo for eagle eye is with the AR1 Division drone as they stack. In fact this combo is the absolute turret killer as neither Stun or Rocket Towers will be able to hit you while you can stay at sniper range and bombard them with blaster and rockets without a single counter from them.

The only tower that can somewhat counter this combo is to cor tower due of the Sniper but in a very tiny window even the eage-div combo makes it possible to hit those without being in their sniper range. The really only exception here are the Erobos Sniper Turrs as they have an way to high range that can´t be prevented to be hit by the sniper shots.

So Eagle Eye is more situational in my eyes as it depends a bit on what you hunt and what you hunt as even against moving targets it can give a 1st hit pre-emptive strike but i agree that it is not usefull for PvP scenarios for many reasons
Technically it was already before the OTB system when CQs were reworked so that clans could not more call for allies to join their CQ and Alliances were never extended either as Sirius would have benefited the most from Alliances if clans would be allowed to fly to the JS of an allied clan that is on another planet that may have the BP a player is looking for while his clan may not have the time to reach the R5 again.

So since a long time Alliances really give only another chat layer that is not used that much anyways as most chats stay in clan or are held global anyways.
4. After the fairly recent buff of aggro-beacons, which made them very useful in PVE, the taunt item became the only item that has almost no use in either PVP or PVE.
I can at least confirm that Beacon received a hefty buff in compare to before were it was just existing and did catch aggro for maybe a second so that it rivals the trap again in terms of HP from what i have seen at least what is a good tradeoff considering that Trap has the slowing effect.
For Nephilim the most useful change would be simple to trigger if a supportive healing item is used (Target; Field ;Rep Turr and maybe even Allies Cover (even when it only reduces the incoming damage and heals the user in return when the connected players are hit))

For eagle eye simply reduce the time from 5 secs to 1 sec and it will be much more usefull already imo.
Well if we consider that Eagle Eye is more or less an ability to hit a target from a distance then it would make "no sense" if the Cort user is moving as you can not aim better when you move. Yeah i know there are drones that give the effect even when moving but Corts have in compare to drones conditions that need to be fullfilled to trigger their effect and so changing the effect to something
I will only quote myself from another post were i made a taunt suggestion already what could be a possible change for it to be more usefull again
It would already help if the taunt would do what it should do and keep the aggro at the player that started it. But i think since Sirius and the Hybrids came into play that SSG moved away from the classic "Class system" and so the taunt has become obsolete and ships that have the taunt waste a slot for another maybe more usefull item instead.

I would maybe go a different route for the taunt and make it an AoE ability that draws all attention to the Taunt user while in return reduces the incoming damage by 75% or maybe even 90% so that in larger groups the user not insta pods with all the attacks focusing on him.

If it should be turned into an AoE it should be made so that the user creates a circle around his ship and every unit that is in range will automatically target the user and can not change the target as long as the taunt is active (even if they leave the circle) and only ends when either the user has been poded or the duration ended normaly and is in CD again.

Only tricky part here could be PvP if several taunts are active how it should be handled but i would suggest that always the 1st Taunt counts and if during the duration another is used it will be "ignored" if either the 1st taunt is over and then the system forces to the next used taunt so that in theory 2 pilots could always force the other group to only attack 1 pilot and always switch between the target so that no Taunt user may pod or it would require that the taunt is handled differently with active PM and during CQ.

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
Turret spam is already OP enough as is in my opinion. The easiest way to get value out of the cortex is by far a tweak to its activation criteria.
I could agree with this since there's another person having the same feedback outside of forums already yeah. But as far for the drones its obvious that your the one of few people who can actually easily switch drones 20 times in 1 fight so it is logical that you'd want to keep your advantage. Taunt also is only found on ships that aren't particularly game breaking with the other items they have so introducing another item that is meta-ish like traps, clouds or mats is good cuz there's gonna be less spamming of chromes horns and sables after. In addition the time duration of taunt can be easily tweaked for it to be balanced, none of the changes we suggested are fixed values and can be further tweaked

Hecatte

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Podatte
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Another PVP biased thread. Just people crying "Hey, this is not useful for PVP. I don't know how to use it."
I really wanna know what kind of good script was used in order to make such a nice bot like you will you tell me?