What's new

Suddenly lost 100 million cryo in game just now...

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Mówią że przestaną grać ? Super :p
W końcu hejterzy,marudy i ci co im nic nigdy nie pasuje przestaną spamować.
Nareszcie nadejdzie cisza i spokoj.Jak i na forum tak i w grze.
Chociaż większości krzykaczy zapewne brak odwagi na to,ale zawsze jeden z drugim toksyczny odejdzie.

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
poitu
Rank
Clan
Golfos del Universo
My favourite part of this entire thread is the morons from other servers sat on their "high" horse as if they wouldnt of gone to events if they had a chance :') They trying to project and make it askone thats crying when in reality, They are crying big time they don't really get the gms events over on their servers so they've not been in these positions.

Its ok, im sure the gms will pay more attention to your servers if you cry enough!
Dude, share with me what you smoke, you don't understand you having corrupted gm's? because if you do what it happened in askone to another server, YOU WILL GET BANNED, obviously we will tell you are lucky to don't get your account banned, but i repeat, all of you made a new sea with your cries and you still complaining about oh no i lost my gold, i lost my crio, come on, you are all a bunch of clowns XD. Git gud Askone.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Generosity of SS is known to be non existent. The only time I remember it happened was few years ago when an RDX event was screwed that they prolonged it for 1 week.
But that was announced publicly in Forum. Or the gold codes that give you 2500!!!! gold for new year.
Exactly what i stated already before so why should they change their way from one day to another but greed did overwhelm everyone so that logical thinking was not more available cus of "I can farm millions of cryo within minutes to finally buy all the stuff i want".

Everyone who complains should be happy that Split at least only took the cryo and not also took the ships and items you have purchased with all those cryos. Again you all have currently 3 possible options
  1. Imo even the most ironic one as you keep the ships and farm the cryos until you reach positve gain again. I mean you would have to shoot the cryos anyways when you wanted to build the ships over the "normal way" aka mindless cryofarming for hours; days; weeks; months so what´s the big difference here?
  2. Sell the stuff you have purchased with the cryos and then farm the cryos the normal way to get the ships back
  3. Do nothing and leave the game due of "Split is so mean and unfair cus i´m the victim now"
The only advise i can give to the devs in order to prevent such a massive problem again is to only allow them with an offical announcement in the Forum. I mean everything that is relevant for the game like updates and event infos are shown in the game then as well.

Also make it then so that those special units with their massive cryos can only be spawned by you as devs so someone of the dev team needs to swallow the pill and be there in order to finish the event with this special unit so that neither a GM or CM can mass spawn it for such an invasion again.

moddoo

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Za VillainessEmpress
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
peasants .. ur cryonite been offered to arm za empire troops to fight za gms, its for za greater cause :sneaky:

dijar

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
dijar
Rank
Dude, share with me what you smoke, you don't understand you having corrupted gm's? because if you do what it happened in askone to another server, YOU WILL GET BANNED, obviously we will tell you are lucky to don't get your account banned, but i repeat, all of you made a new sea with your cries and you still complaining about oh no i lost my gold, i lost my crio, come on, you are all a bunch of clowns XD. Git gud Askone.
Everyone knows that Askone is the main server of Pirate Galaxy, we are the main characters of the story and Hecatte is our lord emperor. The rest of the servers are filled with side characters who don't contribute much to the main events but exist to play a supportive role to our universe or how some people like to call it "to fill in the sausage".

The devs are more focused on Askone which is normal because they want to continue and expand on the main plot of the story, and obviously we sometimes get tempted by evil villains such as Fission, Clockwire and their minions, which is similar to how the devil tempted Adam to eat the apple in the garden of eden. But we won't get punished that much because we have the thick plot armor, we now fight against these evil corrupted GMs because we are the heroes!! It is our duty to resist and fight back! If people from other servers (alternate universes) get banned not much attention is given because it doesn't affect the storyline so much and its just collateral damage, sucks to be you.

Anyway hopefully this clears any confusions you might have about this game and how things go here. Will the devs make any important changes to the game?? Will all the GM/CMs get punished for their years of power abuse ?? Or will the game finally die in a few months? Find out on the next season of pee gee drama !!

Peace out.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
if u say so... then ur right XD u should come askone and see my ships, i can ss u all configurations :p u should come in askone and scan my hangar... I bet I have more cryonite and ships than ur entire aurora and gaia account combined so why even bother trying to argue my amigo
So, you have a lot of ships, a lot of configurations, a lot of cryo, and you still cry? I continue to be surprised by the greed, selfishness, and lack of common sense that a large part of the askone players who have participated in this thread have, I don't know how they can think that you get hundreds of millions of corrupted cryo in a few hours and that for you it is something normal, it is very unfortunate

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
So u are saying that you had those events because you got your GMs to pay more attention because you cried enough?
That how it works?
I’m confused.
This is how Askone works, more or less

1709297310989.png

Askone be like:

ClockWire

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Clockwire
Hello Pilots.

As community manager of the English GM team as it’s not already been done, I would like to personally apologise to everyone of you affected in this spawn issue.

When we asked the devs to create this into, our intention was to build a unit that would need team play, a unit that was challenging but give a good reward, so we had it created and on our test server we tested it and the cryonite value was around 10K per participant which we thought was a bit low for the effort, this was fed back but we were informed that the unit would be scaled so when more pilots attended the drop would be better.

So we arranged a full test on askone, this was posted on the forum, and some pilots did attend, now when the pilots killed this unit, it did drop more cryonite for them than we experienced on the test server and pilots were reporting values of approximately 25 - 35K* (*with booster) so I presumed that the units scale was this value, this I now know is my first mistake not realising the scaling system was not fully explored and presuming it was.

Now when the gms host a spawn invasion event more pilots attend, as for the chance of blueprints and cryonite drops, and hopefully more fun for you guys than missions, and with the more players the as we since found out the scaling of this unit exponentially increased to values we have never seen before, as gm and cms don’t take part in these events bar spawning, we do not see the cryonite drop, we have no idea how many units of cryonite drop nor their value, and as I had no feedback to the contrary I again wrongly presumed the values were similar to the initial test of 25-35K.

Since then we have had screen grabs of pilots showing their values and they were correctly stating values and gaining millions of cryonite per invasion spawn, when this proof was discovered by a cm it was reported to developers who have since had to take drastic actions in order to try and stabilise the server and the unit in question removed.

I understand that those involved in the invasion took it in good faith that the cryonite collected in the event was all good due to it being spawned by the gm team and are understandably upset at the subsequent reversal, but i have to ask since this issue with the spawn event from January, have any of you once seen cryonite values collected be anywhere close to the values collected recently? Surely that should indicate there was an issue.

So this has been one major issue, and a learning curve for us also, so what I am proposing is for any future spawn event we will post the info on the forum and galaxy news so there will be no random late night invasions, it will be given with some days notice so allowing as many people to attend as possible, higher units that can potentially drop a large cryonite amount (when I say large I mean nowhere near the scale as the offending unit did) will be monitored, if we are informed of units dropping cryonite values that are far exceeding what is considered the norm we will abandon the invasion and ask the developed to investigate as soon as possible so we do not have to take such drastic measures again.

Once again I am sorry to all that were involved in this, and we will be working hard in the background trying to prevent an issue like this happening again

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
"Git gud Askone" xD Cmon dude, calm down and stop being mad and delusional. We all know that Devs overreacted a bit in that case. Some people lost like 40m of "corrupted cryo". Some players also look on GMs as an authority of SSG. No wonder some of them will not report. Some also prefer to be silent, because they might see there is something fishy but they prefer not to. Still I think it is not players' fault.

However I'd like to be objective here, and regardless I am Askone player, I am also an inactive one, I do not even know, what players are playing there atm but can read things happening there.

Let's look how it looks like from all the sides.

Askone player side is that they had opportunity to attend amazing community event, where everyone could gather enormous amounts of Cryonite with the least amount of effort. Everyone liked it just because of that. I might even guess no player wanted to attend other invasions than those generating Cryonite... Good side though is the fact everyone was gathering in one place and enjoyed the time together.

GM side: I think they thought its actually a good time to let everyone gather in one place and unite them all by something no other server had seen. So in my opinion they did not want to make it looked like they are corrupted nor they give something to others for free. They didn't think of consequences tho if devs didn't like their actions...

Dev side: They got report about it and wanted to do something in rush. But I think they also did not have enough time to react properly so they did the easiest way possible. Do not forget devs are actually busy as well... so they reacted as they reacted.

Summarising, my opinion on the case is that I cannot judge any side if they were corrupted, bad or anything. All sides wanted the best for the players and players for gms and devs for both. GMs wanted to give players enjoyable time, players wanted to enjoy the time not thinking about why is that going out like this. Not all think instantly about if its something fishy or not. They just play and that's it. You can all that ignorant but actually players want to play, not to report all that is going on. Just ask yourself. If you were the player that is maybe new to game or actually just prefer to enjoy the time in game, would you instantly go and report the GM or anyone doing things that are actually not harming you?

That gives us the bigger matter for Devs and GMs to work on. Now GMs know they should not go over specific lines, Devs know they cannot trust 100% the GMs and also they need to work on the new updates so that such situations will not occur anymore. Also the actions should not be harsh like these. As I said, percentage reduction or reduction to 0 would suit better. Of course it might have been the fact that players might also lose the cryonite they grinded barehandly, but it would cause less problems than the negative cryonite matter now (40m cryonite is hard to grind conventional way, I think not many ppl would like to sell their ships).

Long story short: More empathy, less toxicness for people outside Askone. For GMs, Devs and Askone players a good lesson for the future.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Also the actions should not be harsh like these. As I said, percentage reduction or reduction to 0 would suit better.
Reducing the cryonite to 0 instead of a "loan" is insanely toxic for the players that have participated on the invasion, but haven't spent their cryonite on ships, by doing that you would clearly benefit specific players on the case that occured.

So if someone spent all the cryonite they obtained on ships he would not "lose anything" meantime those players that just decided to stockpile it would lose it all since they "were not as fast when building ships". (which btw would create a BIG FOMO for any future stuff regarding cryonite stockpiling)

How does that sound fair? :(

I think devs tried to addressed it the best they could with situation.

DrSavagee

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
SAVAGE
Rank
Clan
S L K
Mówią że przestaną grać ? Super :p
W końcu hejterzy,marudy i ci co im nic nigdy nie pasuje przestaną spamować.
Nareszcie nadejdzie cisza i spokoj.Jak i na forum tak i w grze.
Chociaż większości krzykaczy zapewne brak odwagi na to,ale zawsze jeden z drugim toksyczny odejdzie.
is that clingon? hehe

Frozby

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
brebto1
Rank
Clan
CzechoSlovak Legion
Beeing dev and gamer i'm totally aware of what is comming :)
Why not consider other ways of getting rid of that excess cryonite in the economy ? Well yes players knew getting that much cryo is a broken amount but other than that there is no real fault in the players side of things. Maybe a event where you could dump huge amounts of cryonite for some bp parts. Yes you would loose some gold for the events and boosters that would otherwise be bought, but many people bought boosters for these invasions aswell and so far all they got was a punishment in orders of magnitude larger. Was there seriously not any better option than essentially bricking and making your most active players quit the game for good ?

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
poitu
Rank
Clan
Golfos del Universo
"Git gud Askone" xD Cmon dude, calm down and stop being mad and delusional. We all know that Devs overreacted a bit in that case. Some people lost like 40m of "corrupted cryo". Some players also look on GMs as an authority of SSG. No wonder some of them will not report. Some also prefer to be silent, because they might see there is something fishy but they prefer not to. Still I think it is not players' fault.

However I'd like to be objective here, and regardless I am Askone player, I am also an inactive one, I do not even know, what players are playing there atm but can read things happening there.

Let's look how it looks like from all the sides.

Askone player side is that they had opportunity to attend amazing community event, where everyone could gather enormous amounts of Cryonite with the least amount of effort. Everyone liked it just because of that. I might even guess no player wanted to attend other invasions than those generating Cryonite... Good side though is the fact everyone was gathering in one place and enjoyed the time together.

GM side: I think they thought its actually a good time to let everyone gather in one place and unite them all by something no other server had seen. So in my opinion they did not want to make it looked like they are corrupted nor they give something to others for free. They didn't think of consequences tho if devs didn't like their actions...

Dev side: They got report about it and wanted to do something in rush. But I think they also did not have enough time to react properly so they did the easiest way possible. Do not forget devs are actually busy as well... so they reacted as they reacted.

Summarising, my opinion on the case is that I cannot judge any side if they were corrupted, bad or anything. All sides wanted the best for the players and players for gms and devs for both. GMs wanted to give players enjoyable time, players wanted to enjoy the time not thinking about why is that going out like this. Not all think instantly about if its something fishy or not. They just play and that's it. You can all that ignorant but actually players want to play, not to report all that is going on. Just ask yourself. If you were the player that is maybe new to game or actually just prefer to enjoy the time in game, would you instantly go and report the GM or anyone doing things that are actually not harming you?

That gives us the bigger matter for Devs and GMs to work on. Now GMs know they should not go over specific lines, Devs know they cannot trust 100% the GMs and also they need to work on the new updates so that such situations will not occur anymore. Also the actions should not be harsh like these. As I said, percentage reduction or reduction to 0 would suit better. Of course it might have been the fact that players might also lose the cryonite they grinded barehandly, but it would cause less problems than the negative cryonite matter now (40m cryonite is hard to grind conventional way, I think not many ppl would like to sell their ships).

Long story short: More empathy, less toxicness for people outside Askone. For GMs, Devs and Askone players a good lesson for the future.
Yes, everyone wants to get the cryo for free, but we, and everyone saw gm's saying, don't share this to others servers, this has to be kept in our circle (to some askonian players). So, they knew it wasn't legal. And about GM's/CM's, i think they should get more neutral people. In my case (Aurora server), GM's are there only for the gold obtained per month. so it's normal why people from others servers are acting like that, you guys are having people who cares about askone (in this moment they aren't caring of them XD) so don't be mean, you can keep the 50% if you sell everything you got from that cryo, and i heard you will get back the gold so, where's the "punishment"

Steel_Blue

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Shots
Rank
Clan
The Outlaws Solaria
I don't think I said this in the "suggestions" post, but because it has to do with invasions, and the thread looks a little sour, I'll sour it up by giving a player suggestion that stops this from happening again :giggle:

If there's no secret idea for Uranus and Neptune, make them invasion playgrounds. Maybe give one map 2 different layouts, an LZ in the center with a wide open plains to the south and a narrow long corridor to the north. Have them have many different things to configure invasions, like max level of landing like colossus, and spawning tools that are more complicated than "Spawn 1 of <unit> on GM position", but like "Spawn j of <unit> in a field of k radius around <x, y> map pos" or "spawn gauntlet preset C". In the case of an incredible amount of players, build some janky GM-specific mothership that goes along with the invasion that gives gameplay surprises, like "10 seconds entire mantis-wide allies cover" or "15 second single target infinite hp protect" that can be cast on a mender, or "Gigantic Magnet Field Trap" or "Super Mine" with inf damage huge range that players need to kill before a 15 second detonation. Test targeting priorities of the masses.

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Why not consider other ways of getting rid of that excess cryonite in the economy ? Well yes players knew getting that much cryo is a broken amount but other than that there is no real fault in the players side of things. Maybe a event where you could dump huge amounts of cryonite for some bp parts. Yes you would loose some gold for the events and boosters that would otherwise be bought, but many people bought boosters for these invasions aswell and so far all they got was a punishment in orders of magnitude larger. Was there seriously not any better option than essentially bricking and making your most active players quit the game for good ?
To prevent any further spending of this void cryonite the removal is the only real way to act in that moment. Even though we can check history of wha it was spend on it means spending a hell lot of more time on looking up the details in the shitload of data and then manually remove the stuff. I kinda doubt that players would be happier when they notive their stuff gone, that was bought with the invalid cryonite.

About the sope of this, you might have overlooked it but i previously stated the magnitue this had. It dwarfed just everything in statistics, making it look like nothing else ever happend within the timeframe, that much cryonite was flowing there.

And rather than the example with the bus and passanger it is more like, someone standing in a corner telling you it is ok to rob someone else, and then the authorities appear and take the robbed goods.

daniel48090

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Artix
Rank
To prevent any further spending of this void cryonite the removal is the only real way to act in that moment. Even though we can check history of wha it was spend on it means spending a hell lot of more time on looking up the details in the shitload of data and then manually remove the stuff. I kinda doubt that players would be happier when they notive their stuff gone, that was bought with the invalid cryonite.

And the bans for when?

When the illegal enrichment thing happened with the buying and selling of ship configurations, everyone involved was banned for 1 month.

Are you going to tell me that you don't want to ban your Askone maids for being your spoiled server?

I want to see a real ruling with a list of names and everything, doing justice to this administrative incompetence of all of you and moderators.

Because if not, they will easily repeat this again in one way or another.

dijar

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
dijar
Rank

About the sope of this, you might have overlooked it but i previously stated the magnitue this had. It dwarfed just everything in statistics, making it look like nothing else ever happend within the timeframe, that much cryonite was flowing there.

And rather than the example with the bus and passanger it is more like, someone standing in a corner telling you it is ok to rob someone else, and then the authorities appear and take the robbed goods.
Yeah sure, lets all pretend like this are a rare occurrence, and that the GM's don't organize secret invasions for their close buddies all the time where its not just cryo being abused, its also rare bps that u usually can get only through special events. Its always only these public invasions that get attentions and let me guess Clockwire gets to walk away free because of his "apology", all he did was shift blame from himself to make it seem hes innocent "Oh nooo these mantis are dropping more cryo than expected ?? what should I do .. what should I do ?*scratches head in confusion* oh i know !! let me spawn more of these specific mantis that drop these cryos !! like what kind of fucked up logic is this ?

Just admit you lost control of your GM team a long time ago and you're letting them do whatever they want, because you lost interest in investing more time and effort into this game and at this point its just money printing tool for you, those poor servers are working day and night at the back of your office squeezing what little money they can from the players. And sure you might use excuses like: what about the events ? what about the new ships ? those are just being recycled year after year with almost no change whatsoever and the ships are just recycling existing items I wouldn't call any of it new content. Your GM team is corrupt and its killing the game and you are doing nothing about it, you just punish the players because somehow they are even more guilty than the GMs for picking up those cryos ? Surely this wont lead to more players getting unhappy and leaving the game lmfao.

This whole thing is lack of competence from your end and you have too much pride to own it up.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
I will comment on something that I hope will not be censored, it seems to me a lack of respect for our intelligence, and by our I mean community and developers, how a CM now GM, apologizes to everyone, basically washing his hands that he never was aware of what was happening

I don't understand how "we don't participate in the invasions and we can't see the cryo of the NPCs" can serve as an excuse, friend, unless I'm wrong, you're a PG player like me, you enter the game (and if you don't do it due to lack of time then think twice if you are qualified for the position) you will have a clan where you can find out from your clanmates what happened in the last invasion, or you will have friends who will tell you what happened, do you mean to tell me that no one in the game ever told you that this was happening?

Now let's go with other examples of why this seems like an insult to me, suppose you don't have time to be an active player within the game, you have a team of GMs under your tutelage, these GMs must be aware of the community, or at least that's the scoop, and they must also be active players, does that mean that none of these players who are GMs also knew anything about it and no one notified you of this? There are 3 options and none of them are good

1- everyone was in cahoots against you
2- everyone including him knew what was happening and did not report what happened
3- the GMS team are all mummies who do not connect to the game and therefore do not know anything about what is happening (most probably and sadly perhaps)

Then there is not only that, in an event of this type there is never missing the player who in the chat says "oh wow a mantis gave me golden bp from Draconis" something absolutely normal, and these types of comments are never missing, so no askone player during the invasion said oh wow a mantis that gave me 1M cryonyte?

Of course now they will say, I have to keep an eye on the command console, but, as far as I know, several GMs always participate, one who is in charge of the mantis spawn, and the other who supervises both chat and game, did no one notice? this then? regrettable

At the very least I would change the entire GM staff or at least expel everyone involved from the team

@ClockWire

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
This is the most dislike-disagree fight I've ever seen here