What's new

Suddenly lost 100 million cryo in game just now...

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Just checked my account and all is still in order so whatever is going on did not hit everyone how it seems.

Razzorkill

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Razzorkill
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Yeah some just 2million, others more, and I got exactly 100 mill removed...

SpritHunter

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Spritzer-
Rank
Hello, multiple people just lost millions of cryo just now. I went from 57million cryo to -43 mill cryo. What is happening?
Same.
I joined in GM created invasions, bought the top 55% cryonite booster several times, and now I got my cryonite removed.
So its fair to remove the cryo, what about the gold that I spent on those boosters? Why was this cryonite removed, it was a player event...

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
What has happened, what exactly happened in the invasion to earn millions, is there abuse of power on the part of the gms? This type of gossip is not seen in Aurora

1709212409023.png

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
poitu
Rank
Clan
Golfos del Universo
This doesn't happens in Aurora because GM's are like a myth. But that's nice if some GM's gets kicked. Never seen a dictatorship like in Askone, remember the Q's how we where threatened the whole clan by a CM because askone players where crying.

TheData

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
TheData
Rank
I for one would love a refund on the gold we spent on these invasions, only seems fair if you are going to take away the reward from the invasions. Nice move

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
What has happened, what exactly happened in the invasion to earn millions, is there abuse of power on the part of the gms? This type of gossip is not seen in Aurora

View attachment 53359
The only thing i could imagine is spawning in units that droped insane amounts of cryos like some years ago the snowmen from TC(?) so that Split removed them from the event or so. Even when it would have been the case it reminds a bit on the famous Parsec incident years ago during the Sol time when due of hacking the game players got their cryos removed as well along with the Parsec and a banned account as cherry on top.

Of course if all of this is the result due of an GM who was to bored or anything the accounts of the players who participated should not be banned but i guess Split is not able or does not want to perform a simple rollback if the event took place several days ago. Imo the best course of action Split should have done is remove the stuff that was purchased and adjust the cryos of the player accounts manually as at least my assumption is that the devs can adjust nearly everything on a players account if they want to.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
The only thing i could imagine is spawning in units that droped insane amounts of cryos like some years ago the snowmen from TC(?) so that Split removed them from the event or so. Even when it would have been the case it reminds a bit on the famous Parsec incident years ago during the Sol time when due of hacking the game players got their cryos removed as well along with the Parsec and a banned account as cherry on top.

Of course if all of this is the result due of an GM who was to bored or anything the accounts of the players who participated should not be banned but i guess Split is not able or does not want to perform a simple rollback if the event took place several days ago. Imo the best course of action Split should have done is remove the stuff that was purchased and adjust the cryos of the player accounts manually as at least my assumption is that the devs can adjust nearly everything on a players account if they want to.
The thing about the snowmen was truly an exploit, what happened now was, as you say, some GM was bored and wanted to randomly inflate the economy

I don't know under what points SS or the moderation team in general applies sanctions in situations of this type, if they didn't do anything to anyone when the snowmen, well, I have opinions (obviously bad because something had to be done) but that doesn't justify that today we must forgive the billions obtained

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Ok, and are heads going to roll?

eggyboffer

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
EggyBoffer
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
So, You punish the players because of something your CM's did? You understand how messed up that is right? We didnt force spawn the units? We didnt force the invasions? We didnt cause the cryonite to be dropped. This is your mess up, Not ours. We should NOT be being punished.

Secondly, I expect the Cryonite boosters purchased during these events will all be refunded, Ill wait for the gold to be put back into my account. Thanks!

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
I think better way would be to reduce the players cryonite to 0 or by % instead leaving people with negative cry. And also not give cryonite at all from invasion mobs. People should come for fun for such events. + also make an update called "Player Controlled Invasions" that would save time now

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
So, You punish the players because of something your CM's did? You understand how messed up that is right? We didnt force spawn the units? We didnt force the invasions? We didnt cause the cryonite to be dropped. This is your mess up, Not ours. We should NOT be being punished.

Secondly, I expect the Cryonite boosters purchased during these events will all be refunded, Ill wait for the gold to be put back into my account. Thanks!
I see your point, but why do you call it punishment? If you sell what you bought with that corrupted cryo, you go back to the same number where you were at the beginning before what happened, and about the power-ups, although you have your point, there is some section of the game rules where words more words less mentions: yes you take advantage of the game you don't even have the right to drink water

That it is the fault of a CM and not the game directly? Well, but this point is also ambiguous, nothing stops SS from saying that the CMs are part of the game, and their actions are their responsibility XD

SpritHunter

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Spritzer-
Rank
Last straw for a lot of people.
You refuse to fix taunt, aggrobomb, underpowered / underused ships and more but when people made cryo without grinding their posterior into the chair and eyes into oblivion for days in front of the monitor ( of course buying boosters too ) you immediately take action.
Good company, amazing design, enjoy bankruptcy in 2 years.

Razzorkill

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Razzorkill
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
So the gold and time we spent during those is just lost on our parts then. Well done SS making people leave the game. Happy I came late for 2 of them and did 1 full invasion else my balance would be far worse I guess. -43 mill is 1 button away from uninstalling this game. Not the first time players gets punished for mistakes made that is out of our control

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
So it is in the end the 2nd time (that i know of) that a GM or in this case even a CM abused his power to spawn something in order to benefit others. The last i remember before this kind of abuse was during the older Siri times when a GM did spawn for a clan the Giza iirc with the ability to even decide what BPs the giza should contain. The pilots involved in this whole ordeal did try to "hide" this abuse by flying a lot of times between locations in order to "clear their history" even when it should have been clear that Split will be able to see the whole history anyways...

To be blunt we all know how Split works and it rarely comes that Split gives any compensation for a "bad update" even less without any offical info in the Forum with the Info ala "Hey Pirates we know that the last update did kinda mess things up and in order for compensation for this inconvenience we will give as compensation the following bonuses [Insert compesation details here]".

So for me it would have been a bit to shady if a CM comes to the game for a invasion event and then even states "It is for the bad update" as imo only the devs should have the rights to make such statements as GMs and CMs are mainly volunteers and not hired employees.