What's new

Suddenly lost 100 million cryo in game just now...

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Of course now they will say, I have to keep an eye on the command console, but, as far as I know, several GMs always participate, one who is in charge of the mantis spawn, and the other who supervises both chat and game, did no one notice? this then? regrettable
From the invasion events i did participate in what was last year it was in most cases only 1 GM who did hold the invasion with spawning and stuff. However even when the GM would have to check the console it´s not so as if he would not be able to follow the chat or anything in the game. So i assume that for those particular invasion it was the same again with only 1 GM present to do everything.

Kapljeu

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
kalpeuwasnaked
Rank
I will comment on something that I hope will not be censored, it seems to me a lack of respect for our intelligence, and by our I mean community and developers, how a CM now GM, apologizes to everyone, basically washing his hands that he never was aware of what was happening

I don't understand how "we don't participate in the invasions and we can't see the cryo of the NPCs" can serve as an excuse, friend, unless I'm wrong, you're a PG player like me, you enter the game (and if you don't do it due to lack of time then think twice if you are qualified for the position) you will have a clan where you can find out from your clanmates what happened in the last invasion, or you will have friends who will tell you what happened, do you mean to tell me that no one in the game ever told you that this was happening?

Now let's go with other examples of why this seems like an insult to me, suppose you don't have time to be an active player within the game, you have a team of GMs under your tutelage, these GMs must be aware of the community, or at least that's the scoop, and they must also be active players, does that mean that none of these players who are GMs also knew anything about it and no one notified you of this? There are 3 options and none of them are good

1- everyone was in cahoots against you
2- everyone including him knew what was happening and did not report what happened
3- the GMS team are all mummies who do not connect to the game and therefore do not know anything about what is happening (most probably and sadly perhaps)

Then there is not only that, in an event of this type there is never missing the player who in the chat says "oh wow a mantis gave me golden bp from Draconis" something absolutely normal, and these types of comments are never missing, so no askone player during the invasion said oh wow a mantis that gave me 1M cryonyte?

Of course now they will say, I have to keep an eye on the command console, but, as far as I know, several GMs always participate, one who is in charge of the mantis spawn, and the other who supervises both chat and game, did no one notice? this then? regrettable

At the very least I would change the entire GM staff or at least expel everyone involved from the team

@ClockWire
Even if everything else could be explained,
There is no excuse for the kill command...

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
So as compensation .... can the granit get some hps back and maybe we could take another look in the meta ?
Aka stop hunter from being overpowered and try to give less hps to some ravens parsecs coz pvp is boring and i only see raven this raven that ?
:!:

alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
So as compensation .... can the granit get some hps back and maybe we could take another look in the meta ?
Aka stop hunter from being overpowered and try to give less hps to some ravens parsecs coz pvp is boring and i only see raven this raven that ?
You know that with system of balancing the ships based on items, changing the hunter means every other ship with the affected items will also change, right?

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
You know that with system of balancing the ships based on items, changing the hunter means every other ship with the affected items will also change, right?
Yes can you change it so Granit can have more hps please ? And maybe less speed for hunter with same hp would be good.
Also, punisher hps decreased a lot while arkose has insane hps (even if punisher has meta armor .. wow, its low !)
(Oh and, is a Raven Parsec with ancient raven items will be out someday ?)

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
Compensation for what exactly, being a skill issue? Jokes aside tho, some items are bad in general so people avoid buying ships that have them true.
This may not be the right post for this, but anw.. Obviously a dev should worry about balance in their games but then we have things like asura.. like what balance are we talking about then? Taunt we already talked about on the other post and im happy its actually being considered, but i dont see anyone talking about items like dome being too weak/short for example tho. Obviously my opinion on it wont change much, but it does seem like you guys on the dev team are very if not even too cautious and scared from tweaking items/mechanics. So then things that are actually imbalanced never get looked at cuz trying to fix them may break other ships or what not. Im sure you could make it work in the end tho even if some things fail or break here and there.

Anw.. all servers crying, cryonite, corruption.. this comment is totally relevant, ikr?

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Tanks class are marginal usable on PG that is true.
Mostly ppl use raven rdx familly for all from pvp to pve.
Sadly cant here made a other work items for pve other on pvp right ?
Or maybe can ? Like when you turn on Pirate Mode on you items characteristic changes,as we have with boosters or allyoy what dont work on Pirate mode.
Maybe it be nice same do with ships hp and items different on pve and different for pvp. So will be balanced for both.
After decrease trap for pvp players,start be bad for pve.
Gladly Dev can increase beacon hp cause is us on pve only so no ppl crying that is so op on pvp.

But well still hope some day balance for all ships and items to return old PG where ancient ship have own role and parsecs own.
I dont mind use everywhere raven ships,but sadly others are not anymore worth build if you are more effective gameplay player than collector class player ^^

Tketh

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
T-Keth
Rank
When sirius was released and hybrid ships with it the base game roles lost almost all relevance except for lower sistems and cq's.
"Beacon" or Decoy as i know it was allrdy buffed a lot on hp wise
About some ships worth or not as on every other mmo game out there older "builds" tend to get abandoned for newer or more exiting stuff
And no one forces you to fly around with the newest and shyniest ship, you are free to try out anyone of them and find your best playstyle out of it

;)

Last edited:

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
Compensation for what exactly, being a skill issue? Jokes aside tho, some items are bad in general so people avoid buying ships that have them true.

This may not be the right post for this, but anw.. Obviously a dev should worry about balance in their games but then we have things like asura.. like what balance are we talking about then? Taunt we already talked about on the other post and im happy its actually being considered, but i dont see anyone talking about items like dome being too weak/short for example tho. Obviously my opinion on it wont change much, but it does seem like you guys on the dev team are very if not even too cautious and scared from tweaking items/mechanics. So then things that are actually imbalanced never get looked at cuz trying to fix them may break other ships or what not. Im sure you could make it work in the end tho even if some things fail or break here and there.

Anw.. all servers crying, cryonite, corruption.. this comment is totally relevant, ikr?
1709395714896.png

supersonique

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
supersonique
Rank
Grinding isn't the only way to get cryo, arranging some CVC CQ's and paying out cryo from the clan would help if people are not lazy, in-between an epic grinding session and rotating grinding groups, but hey seeing all of this jesus I am glad I left. 😈🔥, imagine people working together in this small community instead of being toxic and moaning about stuff is a small rarity these days 💯

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
Toxic and moaning, man u in Toxic Galaxy, but u right cryo is ez u spittin some sick facts.
And i still dont see more Granit hp, thats so toxic balancing omg.

Starchaser

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Starchaser
Rank
Clan
Doomtrain
I am happy I wasn't here back then, but knowing myself I wouldn't had exploited this anyways. I am just wondering how it was possible to have someone in staff who exploited him/herself that event in order to continue to spawn even thou it was already known it was an error. How is it possible someone as staff member could be even able to do this. Isn't this person responsible for all what happened? This is how I have understood after I've reads some threads about this topic. How was it even possible????

dragonarh

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
dragonarh
Rank
Clan
- Exitium -
I am happy I wasn't here back then, but knowing myself I wouldn't had exploited this anyways. I am just wondering how it was possible to have someone in staff who exploited him/herself that event in order to continue to spawn even thou it was already known it was an error. How is it possible someone as staff member could be even able to do this. Isn't this person responsible for all what happened? This is how I have understood after I've reads some threads about this topic. How was it even possible????
Well its simple, nobody knew this wasnt allowed since the person doing it was claiming to have asked the devs before hand multiple times and that it was alright. It is true that they probably werent aware of the sums of cryonite in the start but i can assure you that devs knew it was happening all along; it just didnt matter to them back then. The only reason there was any response to it what so ever was that people complained a lot from many servers. Doesnt make sense to me that the whole dev team didnt know whats happening in their game for 2 months straight. Also, taking away cryonite was a good thing to do definitely but the formula given by the devs seems very inconsistent in a way that many people lost either more or less cryo than they were supposed to, so not even this was done properly.

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
Doesnt make sense to me that the whole dev team didnt know whats happening in their game for 2 months straight.
I give you an example. I have only driven chrysler for years and the biggest problem with such manufacturers is the transmission (41te - 4 speed). I'm pretty familiar with it and know my way around it, does this mean that the "developers" of such things have no idea what they created? Of course there are always problems, even problems that can never be solved 100%. As players, we don't know everything better than the developers. We are only familiar with the game and know how the base works, but not the big picture.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Doesnt make sense to me that the whole dev team didnt know whats happening in their game for 2 months straight.
Well you have to consider that the devs had to go through the logs and then sort all the players out who where participating in this particular thing + make a decision how to handle this "the best way".

It´s kinda the same as when the big "Parsec incidient" during Sol time and the Hall of Shame years back was a thing where the devs also had to go through a bunch of logs to see and check who did cheat his way to the parsec and who farmed it the legit way.

Sure this and that are 2 totally different things as here a falsely spawned unit was used and so has not much to do with cheating but in it´s core the devs had to go the same way in both cases instead of maybe just rollback the entire server for 2 months making all progress that players made obsolete.

In the end all this time and recouces where needed to sort everything out to not accidantly affect players who where not participating in this thing. I mean i did check when the post originally was created to see if my account had lost cryos from out of nowhere so if it would have hit me it would have hit a wrong player as i´m not playing since November or December last year currently (still in break time) and so it would have pissed me when my cryos would have been taken while i was not even near the time when the invasion took place.

leo

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
.Deadly
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension