Status
Not open for further replies.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I guess they are waiting for the current spaceball event going off.

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
Let s hope for it :) They said sth about June/July, so it would fit.

Nix | ZeMedic

Reaction score
I don't want to jinx it or anything but it's probably gonna be like last time.

"OH YEAH COMING IN 2 DAYS COME ON MATES HYPE IT UP"
weeks pass until the final days of the month
"OH YEAH THEY CAME IN TIME!"

To conclude, I think they're either gonna publish it in the last days of this month or the last days of the next month.

serebus

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Serebus
Rank
next message is gonna read, this game has been canseld sorry for the incon...... :LOL:

Nix | ZeMedic

Reaction score
Yeah.

I mean, I am a game developer too, and an update like this (reffering to the balacing one) can not take this long. The configurations I can say would take a maximum of some days to make. However, the Tau Ceti and others will take a little longer than 2 weeks to do.

But seriously, why isn't there any activity here, that's really important to your fans.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Nix | ZeMedic said:
Seems like there's no dev shack for us this month.
Yet two days left... ^^

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Dudes Highway has told several times now that the next dev shack would be after the next update. ;)

jlinares

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
SPIRIT_POWER
Rank
Nix | ZeMedic said:
Yeah.

I mean, I am a game developer too, and an update like this (reffering to the balacing one) can not take this long. The configurations I can say would take a maximum of some days to make. However, the Tau Ceti and others will take a little longer than 2 weeks to do.

But seriously, why isn't there any activity here, that's really important to your fans.
I was a game developer too and i'm agree with you.
In addition the devs said now they can fully concentrate on Pirate Galaxy.
So.. It's strange :confused:

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
-Decimator- said:
As im reading this, you saying that if we buying additional configurations on a ship (prototypes as example) you writing that we have to buy all armors again on the new configurations? :eek:
If that is true its ALOT different then what was been told in the beginning of this shack, and not changed in the good way. And if got to spend again alot of cryonite to buy the armors again, its not really 'flexible' as armors cost the most of a ship, and such I don't see the use of that change. :confused:

As for now, some players already buyed multiple prototypes of the same kind so they can use the same ship on more systems. But if we got to pay for more configurations + their armors I don't see the difference as how it is now, and selling armors on current config to buy on new config? Don't see that use, as I want to use a single Parsec for multiple systems (Sirius, Draconis, Sol...) (that was the plan of the update, make them more flexible) and if to got to pay for all armors again that not gonna work and isn't really flexible.
Yes that is how it currently planned. When you have followed all the posts here you can see why we have introduced the ship configuration feature. Making only the armors switchable would not be enough to qualify a ship for a certain starsystem. A player would then repurchase/sell all his installed items again and again to match it for his current play style or starsystem he wants to play in. The configurations would make all of this way more flexible and it also saves some cryonite for initial ship purchase price and item purchases after every rebuilding. Most usefully are the configurations for all Parsec class ships. I can understand that for veteran players this first sounds not like a huge improvement when you have already purchased duplicate ships to have some sort of a similar functionality.

gonzaabel said:
The second question: We can remove to the storage the cortex and put it in another ship like the drones?
No, this is not planned.

HGus said:
-Decimator- said:
Well not really, probable except Methanoid armor on lvl 70 ships all other armors (including prototypes) will be sold for just 50%, not fully 100%. (as what Highway sayed, same selling rate as all other items)...
I only found this one: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=522&t=38343&start=40#p181514

Where...
Highway said:
The ship selling price will include all installed items on the ship as well the armor after the update. How much it will be its not yet defined, but I suppose it will work similar to actual selling price calculation.
But the "actual selling price calculation" of armor as seen on Vega is 100%
It will be 50% of the purchase price, like all the other items that can be sold. The Vega armors are an exception what might get removed after the update.

jlinares said:
1 - Will are we able to convert or sell methanoïd armor on the classic draconis ship to deluvium armor for conquests and Arkon ; like vega ships ?
2 - After buying the new tau-ceti armor on the ultimate ship, what happened to the items ? the Sirius items will stay in the Sirius config, or in the tau-ceti config ? Must we repurchase all the sirius items in the tau-ceti config an other time ?
1. No this is not planned, we also plan to remove this for the Vega ships after the update.
2. When you purchase a new configuration you need to refit it with all the items and armor. Buying an armor will upgrade the armor on the configuration that you have currently active. So the items will stay there. You will be able to test this on the Testserver.

flyfighter said:
In short the message i wanted to get across is: please entertain us a bit while u work on TC and also don't get cought on extra idea's like these ship configurations, u can always make those changes after u finish TC. For now they are not gamechanging in my opinion. This community has loads of idea's, ask us if u need help! I've seen so much stuff being thought off and even created on this forum. i have even seen some1 make a whole storyline.

1. Ship Armor Adjustments
2. PvP Overhaul
3. Sirius System Adjustments
4. Tau Ceti System
5. Player Controlled Invasions
Thanks Flyfighter for your honest and inspiring post. That's why we love the PG Community! We really do our best to bring Pirate Galaxy forward. All the features that we have planned are already carefully divided from the overall tau ceti idea. They are also sorted in the most optimal order, because the are dependent of each other. We are already delighted to work on the Player controlled invasions but this has sadly to wait until the other stuff is ready.

Makk_3 said:
So basically the devs are making Sirius a bit easier for players, who are just getting started there ? This is awesome news.
Yes, it will be easier with the adjusted armor for the Methanoid ships.

The Predator said:
This armor selling thing .. i like it but what about all the people that have sold their ships?They just got half the ship price back.. not armor cry.Don't they deserve their cry back then?
Sorry, but there will be no compensation for this. Changes are normal in an economy. I guess you don't expect a refund if thrown away your old phone but tomorrow they introduce a deposit for it ;)

Makk_3 said:
I forgot to ask, are there any changes coming for farming cryonite, so players could afford Sirius gear and Ancient/Parsec ships a bit easier ? The current grind is currently off the charts.
Indirectly it will be easier to farm cryonite with the armor upgrade.

Nix | ZeMedic said:
All of this sounds easier as it is when you are not directly involved in the development. I just can say that we have a focus on providing quality updates instead of rushing it out, but even then we are quite fast for the small team we have. The devshack should help us to improve the quality with your feedback while we are working on it. But it also takes time to read all your posts and provide proper answers.
Also the devs also need to make some holidays to refresh from time to time ;)

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Making only the armors switchable would not be enough to qualify a ship for a certain starsystem. A player would then repurchase/sell all his installed items again and again to match it for his current play style or starsystem he wants to play in. The configurations would make all of this way more flexible and it also saves some cryonite for initial ship purchase price and item purchases after every rebuilding. Most usefully are the configurations for all Parsec class ships
I see but what I really ment is that if you just have to buy all armors once, for example to Sirius.
And then you can buy more configurations with cryonite (good plan), but as you already payed for all armors on the first configuration it should be more nicer if the armors are 100% free on the other configurations > so you only have to buy new techs, drone slots on them of the starsystem you want.

And then you can easily switch between configurations for other systems [Sirius - Draconis - Sol - Mizar]

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
@ Highway, you wrote sth about June/july as an answer on the question when the Update will come.

When can we expect the Opening of the Test server for the Players? any Plans?

Vigilante

Reaction score
It will be 50% of the purchase price, like all the other items that can be sold. The Vega armors are an exception what might get removed after the update.
So let me get this clear! You guys are gonna rip me of 600k of the 1200k i have invested in the Meth armor on Draco ships? Tell me Highway, how is this normal economy as u state:

Changes are normal in an economy
An economy does not rip people :eek:

I want a referendum on this matter!! :mrorange:

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
i dont know a ship where an amor costs 1200k.
When you re selling a meta amor from a dracoship, because you want to use ist for missions or CQs, you get half of around 100k back (50k).
You dont have to rebuy the whole ship if you have 1 amor more than needed.

Vigilante

Reaction score
Gladiator said:
i dont know a ship where an amor costs 1200k.
When you re selling a meta amor from a dracoship, because you want to use ist for missions or CQs, you get half of around 100k back (50k).
You dont have to rebuy the whole ship if you have 1 amor more than needed.
Have you considered that I might have all draco ships and that some of them are rare ships so double the cry price?

As a matter of fact I spent exactly 1.386.828 cry on all armors.

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
I dont understand your problem. Atm you wont get any Kryonite back.
And Why do you want to sell ALL amors? that doesnt make any sence.

Vigilante

Reaction score
Gladiator said:
Whats the use of draco ships in sirius when i got ancient ships for that, make sence to sell the armors and make all draco ships draco ready!

Vigilante

Reaction score
Vigilante said:
Gladiator said:
Whats the use of draco ships in sirius when i got ancient ships for that, make sence to sell the armors and make all draco ships draco ready!
Plus, the current way doesn't matter anymore if they change the armor concept for draco in future, makes no sence to make a reference to the current state.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
-Decimator- said:
I see but what I really ment is that if you just have to buy all armors once, for example to Sirius.
And then you can buy more configurations with cryonite (good plan), but as you already payed for all armors on the first configuration it should be more nicer if the armors are 100% free on the other configurations > so you only have to buy new techs, drone slots on them of the starsystem you want.

And then you can easily switch between configurations for other systems [Sirius - Draconis - Sol - Mizar]
Sure it would be better for the player when it is free, but it would be inconsistent to the other elements when the configurations are implemented. But its not yet carved in stone so there might be some adjustments while implementing and testing it.

Gladiator said:
@ Highway, you wrote sth about June/july as an answer on the question when the Update will come.

When can we expect the Opening of the Test server for the Players? any Plans?
Currently it looks like we must reschedule the estimate of the release to the end of August. But hopefully the testing can start in July when the development does not run into more unplanned issues.

Vigilante said:
So let me get this clear! You guys are gonna rip me of 600k of the 1200k i have invested in the Meth armor on Draco ships? Tell me Highway, how is this normal economy as u state:
You can also keep your armor and build yourself a new draconis CQ configuration. Then you have as well a sirius ready draconis ship in case you need it. Its up to you.

Vigilante

Reaction score
Then you have as well a sirius ready draconis ship in case you need it
Haha, ok you won this one, you're funnier than me ^^ But you and me both know that will never be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.