What's new

Ship Armor Adjustments #03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nix | ZeMedic

Reaction score
Heavy artillery said:
You could make a trailer of you and the other developers trying the update showing us the new planet and new enemies. :D
NO NO NO NO no no no no. no.

Have you not seen yet that just an armor rebalance is taking them a lot?
A trailer would probably take another 3 years. That's if they do not delay it too.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
null said:
Anyone there, Dev shack #4? You were suppose to be here 5 days ago. Did you get stuck in some Dino Storm Tar again and forgot to call? For hell sakes, stop cheating on us with a triceratops!
As answered and quoted many times now: Dev Shack 4 won't get published before the release of the update being discussed in dev shack #3. So basically, no date specified. So "you were suppose to be here 5 days ago" should be "i expected you to post dev shack #4 5 days ago, despite what you told about it" ;)

Ely

Reaction score
null said:
Anyone there, Dev shack #4? You were suppose to be here 5 days ago. Did you get stuck in some Dino Storm Tar again and forgot to call? For hell sakes, stop cheating on us with a triceratops!
Be patient they can't do that instantly,also dev shack #4 is suposed to be released after update so wait for update

sabau100

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
. . . .
Rank
Clan
Mobius 118 - TXS
Easy question, how to make sirius and TC compatible?

Answer, The TC components are Sirius components upgrated.

Example, you first need the sirius ancient cannon bp and when you mount it you can select to upgrade it or not.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
sabau100 said:
... sirius ancient cannon...
"Blaster" is the english word translated to spanish "cañón"...

Do you mean isolated items configuration instead of full? The current system is very closed to that. If you want to downgrade a single item, it is much more cheap to buy a lower level one then upgrade it again than creating a full configuration, of course, but if you plan to change the item many times, the one-time expensive configuration creation is better (pay once, use many).

Take in account that configurations are usefull only for a few cases:

• Vega enhanced and normal ships. (very cheap)
  • Advanced Sol ships with Draconis or Sol tech. (about 70k-100k extra cryo for same frame, useless after getting a working r70 ship)
  • Draconis ships with Methanoid/Sirius or Deluvian/Draconis armor/tech. (expensive, but usually applied on one ship, useless after getting a working Ancient ship)
  • Parsecs (the most expensive, but you can have configurations for all systems from Myzar up, making the Parsecs more versatile)

akwilsona

Reaction score
Take in account that configurations are usefull only for a few cases:

Vega enhanced and normal ships. (very cheap)
Advanced Sol ships with Draconis or Sol tech. (about 70k-100k extra cryo for same frame, useless after getting a working r70 ship)
Draconis ships with Methanoid/Sirius or Deluvian/Draconis armor/tech. (expensive, but usually applied on one ship, useless after getting a working Ancient ship)
Parsecs (the most expensive, but you can have configurations for all systems from Myzar up, making the Parsecs more versatile)
The only reason you'll need a basic Vega ship is for Conquest battle or for challenge planets, which you're given the option to refund the amount of the armor purchased, after which you can go to any hangar other than in Vega to re-install at no cost. There is no need for Vega configurations.

Parsecs are what this update is all about. Even though they allow for other ship configurations, you're basically wasting your cryo if you're not using them on Drac r70 ships and Parsecs. Nobody in their right mind would keep a r45 ship unless there's some sort of requirement for missions/events, which currently there is not. Currently there isn't an option to downgrade your Methanoid ship to Deluvian armor, but there should be. It seems unfair that they would not allow this to happen, since after the update putting Methanoid armor on your ship would disqualify you from doing missions/CQ/Challenges.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
akwilsona said:
The only reason you'll need a basic Vega ship is for Conquest battle or for challenge planets, which you're given the option to refund the amount of the armor purchased, after which you can go to any hangar other than in Vega to re-install at no cost. There is no need for Vega configurations.

Parsecs are what this update is all about. Even though they allow for other ship configurations, you're basically wasting your cryo if you're not using them on Drac r70 ships and Parsecs. Nobody in their right mind would keep a r45 ship unless there's some sort of requirement for missions/events, which currently there is not. Currently there isn't an option to downgrade your Methanoid ship to Deluvian armor, but there should be. It seems unfair that they would not allow this to happen, since after the update putting Methanoid armor on your ship would disqualify you from doing missions/CQ/Challenges.
As Highway wrote in this long post: (read carefully) ... the current behaviour for Vega ships will be removed, then you will need configurations for Deluvian and Bulwark armored Vega ships. For the same reason you will need configurations for Deluvian and Methanoid armor on r70 ships if you plan to reuse them for Draconis missions after upgrading to Sirius (including not only the armor, but items from correct system too). I didn't talk about r45 ships, I said that you will need at less two configurations for r60 ships before completing an r70: one configuration with Sol items and other with Draconis items. Of course, parsecs/raven ships are the most from this planned update, but remember that this whole and long Dev Shack started about the Armor stuff with restrictions... Soon they realized that a single armor upgrade/downgrade was not enough, cause the ship is still system dependant from the items installed. And so on... complications arised... ^^

Green

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
GreenSpider
Rank
I know this information is not really for Pirate Galaxy but honestly in the Dino Storm Forum you talk about the announcing of the BIG UPDATE Part II, so there is my question on which Game you are working now at the moment with more focus ?
So you told us that you can work only on 1 Game so what is real and so on??

MFG GreenSpider

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Green said:
I know this information is not really for Pirate Galaxy but honestly in the Dino Storm Forum you talk about the announcing of the BIG UPDATE Part II, so there is my question on which Game you are working now at the moment with more focus ?
So you told us that you can work only on 1 Game so what is real and so on??
It is actually the stuff that needs to get finished after the last Dino Storm update, that was mentioned in my postings before. I could not provide details from it since it was not announced. Most of the outstanding work is done by the Art Team. The PG Armor upgrade will not be delayed by it and after it has been deployed we go full force on Pirate Galaxy :)

Green

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
GreenSpider
Rank
Mmhhh ok. We will see what the force is doing. ;)

And, secondly, when can we except the Images of the Tau Ceti Ships or Concept Art.

MFG GreenSpider

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
To be honest I would actually prefer the ancient armor than the Tau Ceti armor because if the entry ancient Tau Ceti ships are siri ships I'm quite happy because of the ancient texture they have. Hope they won't die too easily like sirius. :D

L3giT

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
L3giT
Rank
So... any ETA on Devshack 4? or is this forgotten already

darklink3

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Darkxell
Rank
dev shack 4 is supposed to go out after the armor update

POSITRON3

Reaction score
Hi, any news/advance about tau ceti or the new armour?

some days ego I got from PG some questions about how we wanted tau ceti, I suppose those questions was sended to varius pilots in the game. So I think they are working hard in armour/tau ceti. So please any news, foto advance of how is going work?

thanks

katana33

Reaction score
Hey dev team ! when will you post info about changes related with PvP ? i cant wait :)
i hope you will mind unfair pvp and will remove speed boosters from fight..
once again > fight must be won with skills and items , not with wallet.
Please keep making pvp fair in mind. I love PG but if pvp wont change to better , i wont spend more time in game, because i am not gonna play to kill NPC. Nowadays there are lots of MMO games with fair pvp ,but i like PG and i dont wanna quit. i try to make it better for everyone ;)

Thanks in advance

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Didn't they mention that the armor update will be coming at June-July -_^

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Oh, yes! That means today or tomorrow... ^^

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
When they don't delay it usually happens at the very last minute. So annoying sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.