Ship Armor Adjustments #03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

Ship Armor Adjustments

Fellow Space Pirates,

With our next update we plan to adjust the handling of spaceship armor in order to better prepare your ships for Tau Ceti. A lot of your feedback went into this and we are optimistic it will turn out a proper update. Here is an overview of the design goals and the planned changes derived from them.

Design Goals

• Ensure that the prototype class ships (Parsecs & RavenDynamics ships) are the best spaceships in any star system.
  • Offer armor for Tau Ceti so spaceships can be upgraded properly.
  • Add more flexibility to armors so they can be freely adjusted to fit any star system.

Planned Changes

• Introduction of Tau Ceti armor for Parsecs, available through the existing Tau Ceti hangar.
  • Parsecs equipped with Tau Ceti armor become stronger than Ancient ships.
  • Ship levels are adjusted based on installed armor to better indicate ship strength.
  • Methanoid armor stats are increased for Draconis ships together with the ship level.
  • Armors gain the ability to be upgraded and downgraded after they have been purchased.
  • Include the armor price in the total selling price when selling an armor-equipped ship.

And now the bad news: We are still mending and tweaking the big Dino Storm update we told you about in Dev Shack #2, which means we are not yet able to fully concentrate on Pirate Galaxy—regrettably so.
We decided that we would not disregard our own development principles if we went to work on both games simultaneously for a short period of time, given the nature of the tasks at hand. Art is progressing very well for Pirate Galaxy, and especially the new Tau Ceti ships are a sight to behold! We may show off a few screenshots soon :)

Please let us know what you think of the proposed changes for the next update. We are looking forward to any thoughts you would want to share on this!

German translation (Community)
French translation (Communauté)
Spanish translation (Community)
Portuguese translation (Community)

sabau100

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
. . . .
Rank
Clan
Mobius 118 - TXS

PS: If you please, take in consideration to improve the armor of the attack and repair turrets from the Mutilator ship, they are too weak, even the Sirius ones can be easily destroyed.

Etoile_de_Cristal

Reaction score
Armors gain the ability to be upgraded and downgraded after they have been purchased.
Include the armor price in the total selling price when selling an armor-equipped ship "
Yeah ! That's a good point. I will finally be able to sell my prototypes ships in serenity ^^
But wait.. the Emperor ship with an armor boost ?

Argh.

Aniway this adjustment can be great, but it will be better if done with a good balance.

PS : for anyone going to comment this topic.. Don't forget that rage can lead to death.. and death can eventually kill :/

Peace

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello,

Very nice changes that are planned for the upcoming update :)

But I only got one question about one of the changes but that I couldn't find further in the post:
•Methanoid armor stats are increased for Draconis ships together with the ship level.
How will the armor changes affect the armor in Draconis (Draconis proto's and Methanoid Draconis ships)? Will Drac armor for proto's get stronger then Methanoid or we get an extra armor, just that isn't clear for me yet.

Cheers,

-Decimator-

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Highway said:
Planned Changes

• Armors gain the ability to be upgraded and downgraded after they have been purchased.
  • Include the armor price in the total selling price when selling an armor-equipped ship.
Wow, that's looks amazing. I suggest this change at a lot of time ago. But the next way:
  • Whit the decrease of the armor upgrade (the best to return a Parsec ship of sirius to draconis as example) The value of the armor sell be a 100% and not 50%.
  • The same with the sell of the ship with all. At the least, the armor can give you the 100% and not the 50%

Another good changes:

• Delete the cryonite penalization, it's really decrease the posibilities to see cryonite. Or increase the cryo value in 150% on all places of the galaxy.
  • Return the bp-trackers system at the past (in the past, the pilots without bp trackers can see the bp's of the pilots with that membership, and it is really good to help pilots in Sirius and the rest of the systems.) or increase the posibilites of see a blueprint in 100% or other change is reduce the parts of all bp's (include the rares) in 50%.

I have playing Pirate Galaxy a lot of hours (I think are at maximum 300 days of time played in this game with my two pilots, one on the server Aurora and another on Aeria.) and I think in this changes because the game in this state is boring so much, because the drop system doesn't rewards the time spent to kill one unit (over all in Sirius)

These changes I now write, really no take a lot of time. Highway, you can put one dev or yourself can do it, and we test it in the test server for give you a feedback and DONE!.

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
@ Highway, ich würde dir gerne ne private Nachricht schreiben, ich kann leider nicht. ich will ein paar dinge noch fragen, ich schreib gerade die übersetzung. vllt kannst du mich auch kurz ingame anschreiben

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
-Decimator- said:
Hello,

But I only got one question about one of the changes but that I couldn't find further in the post:
•Methanoid armor stats are increased for Draconis ships together with the ship level.
How will the armor changes affect the armor in Draconis (Draconis proto's and Methanoid Draconis ships)? Will Drac armor for proto's get stronger then Methanoid or we get an extra armor, just that isn't clear for me yet.
No additional armor will be added for the Draconis ships. The Methanoid armor for will be improved to be closer to the parsecs sirius armor.

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello Highway, thanks you for your reply,

No additional armor will be added for the Draconis ships. The Methanoid armor for will be improved to be closer to the parsecs sirius armor.
But does that mean that we can do CQ and missions with Sirius armor proto's and RDX ships?

Because if Methanoid armor gets closer to Sirius armor for proto's then Draconis armor for protos is alot weaker then Methanoid while both can do missions and CQ but Sirius armored ships can't atm.

Nix | ZeMedic

Reaction score
I really appreciate the fact that you have finally published this, but I am curious about this "Ship-Armour based level". Can you go into detail? Thank you.

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
1st ok ok ok ok i'll first admit that i am very impressed. Given your track record, i was fully expecting you guys to not post this new Devshack. So, i offer a full apology for anything i have said in doubt of you guys.
2nd. i am extremely happy about seeing the Parsec armor changes. I fully support this, the Parsec class ships, any kind of Parsec, should be the absolute best ships in any system in terms of armor. I hope that when you update the armor, that every Parsec in the game (including the Parsecs that are already have insane armor like the Emperor, BG, Mutilator, etc) get a pretty significant increase. And i love the ability to upgrade and downgrade armors.
3rd show us!!!! come on man please post those screenshots soon lol. For once, I am actually excited about something related to Tau Ceti. Dont make us wait like 6 months or 1 year please for crying out loud!!!
4th Dinostorm still isn't finished? really? how?
5th, thank you very much for opting to work on both games. If you get things done within a decent amount of time you stand a good chance at getting some players who have left the game to come back or even getting an influx of new players. Please give us an at least an approximate date of when we can expect the updates.

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
Einige Fragen dazu:
Welche Schiffe können in Draconis noch für Missionen und CQs benutzt werden nach dem Update?
Können die Veränderungen der Schiffslevel in Abhängigkeit der Rüstungen genauer erläutert werden?
Welches Level wird die Tau Ceti Rüstung haben? Kann man mit der noch Siri Missis fliegen?
Werden die Schiffe der Parsecs im jeweiligen System nach dem Update auch für Errungenschaften zählen? (Mantisschiffe, Fénix und der Meta-x-Heiler haben da auch Nachholbedarf)

nemesis1900

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
nemesis1900
Rank
Clan
Hades
Good afternoon. Well well, they are very good ideas, but seriously have to keep waiting?
I hope that the update is May and not alarge in time ..
Bye.
:)

LimitedHansen

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
AVERAY
Rank
AAAWYEEAH! :mrorange: :mrorange:

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Good luck finishing Dinostorm.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
If you took any of my TC ideas your awesome HighWay :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Green

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
GreenSpider
Rank
Hallo erst einmal!

Die geplanten Änderungen finde ich schon einmal gut, da diese bereits schon hinfällig genug waren.
Wie es mit der Balance aussieht ist dann wieder eine ganz andere Frage.

Bezüglich der Rüstung für die RDX Schiffe und der alten Prototypen würde ich einen Abstrich machen, denn wenn ich es mir recht überlege sind die RDX Schiff in gewisser weise im Vorteil wenn ich mir die Bewaffnung so recht anschaue.
Daher wäre ich dafür die alten Prototypen stärker zu machen als die RDX Schiffe oder sollen die RDX Schiffe nicht vllt doch die neuen Prototypen sein wer weiß das schon. ;)

Abseits der Rüstungsänderungen und der gleichen würde ich mir eine auffrischung für den Hangar wünschen.
Gutes Beispiel wäre der Hangar vom Raven Dynamic´s Event.
So einen in der Art würde ich in TC implementieren. Denn wenn ich es mir recht überlege ist der Hangar nun auch schon wieder in die Jahre gekommen.
Um hier einmal auf diejenigen einzugehen die das Spiel gern im aussehn pushen wollen.

PS: Concept Art von TC Schiffen wäre Positiv gewesen.
Wäre ein Lichtblick am Ende des Horizont. :p

MFG GreenSpider

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
I find it incredible adjustment of reinforcement of the ships, especially the price of the armor of the types ships prototypes and RDX are more accecibles, and especially to take into account the shields to the net value of sales a ship

On the other hand I want to know if the increase in the shielding of the Draconis ships will be balanced with the power of the Draconis repairers either the best blue, gold or arcane as today do not even arcane repaired completely the ship Draconis type tank

And one idea I'm sharing is the implementation of a trading system for the game, since being pirates would be logical to have a trading system

Finally, give the abandoned use of Sun planets (Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune) can be planets with multiple purposes and uses Colossus

I want to mention that I'm super excited to see the designs of new ships Tau Ceti :D

Regards!

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
-Decimator- said:
But does that mean that we can do CQ and missions with Sirius armor proto's and RDX ships?
No that still not possible with the Sirius Armor installed on the parsec ships. The draconis ships on the other hand will also not be able to participate in draconis CQ, if they have the methanoid armor installed. Because the ship level will raise above the allowed level for Draconis. But for this we introduce the ability to up&downgrade the armor levels on the ships.

Nix | ZeMedic said:
I really appreciate the fact that you have finally published this, but I am curious about this "Ship-Armour based level". Can you go into detail? Thank you.
Currently the parsec ships already increase their level after when their armor gets upgraded. We want to add that feature for regular system ships as well With it we can better show a player how strong a ship actually. For example an antares ship can start at level 14 and full upgraded be at level 20. This also should improve the correlation with the items.

CaptSmiley said:
1st ok ok ok ok i'll first admit that i am very impressed. Given your track record, i was fully expecting you guys to not post this new Devshack. So, i offer a full apology for anything i have said in doubt of you guys.
2nd. i am extremely happy about seeing the Parsec armor changes. I fully support this, the Parsec class ships, any kind of Parsec, should be the absolute best ships in any system in terms of armor. I hope that when you update the armor, that every Parsec in the game (including the Parsecs that are already have insane armor like the Emperor, BG, Mutilator, etc) get a pretty significant increase. And i love the ability to upgrade and downgrade armors.
3rd show us!!!! come on man please post those screenshots soon lol. For once, I am actually excited about something related to Tau Ceti. Dont make us wait like 6 months or 1 year please for crying out loud!!!
4th Dinostorm still isn't finished? really? how?
5th, thank you very much for opting to work on both games. If you get things done within a decent amount of time you stand a good chance at getting some players who have left the game to come back or even getting an influx of new players. Please give us an at least an approximate date of when we can expect the updates.
1. Apology accepted ^^
2. All the parsec ships will get the same increase strength with the Tau Ceti armor
3. it should not take to long.
4.& 5. First, we needed to branch out an important part of the already huge update. But it looks like we need to bring that in asap. In addition we are fixing some bugs that have emerged but where difficult to spot during test phases. Not an optimal thing overall, but as we do not want any more delays for Pirate Galaxy we need to work on both games at the same time for a short period. Hard to pass out an estimation for the release date for the planned update, due to the current situation, but it should not take to long.

Gladiator said:
Einige Fragen dazu:
Welches Level wird die Tau Ceti Rüstung haben?
Werden die Schiffe der Parsecs im jeweiligen System nach dem Update auch für Errungenschaften zählen?
Its not yet set what level the Parsec ship will have with the Tau Ceti armor installed. But it will be at least level 85. As for the achievements, it might be a good idea to put in the armor levels as well.

Heavy artillery said:
If you took any of my TC ideas your awesome HighWay :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
We checked out your fan art TC ships. Very creative ideas and designs. But for the first set of TC ships we need ships that do not look like motherships ^^ . But we have something else planned where we can get some inspiration from your ships.

sabau100

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
. . . .
Rank
Clan
Mobius 118 - TXS
Hello again :p, I have some questions to ask:

1) Will the new TC ship have brand new skills?

2) Can you considerate the suggestion to improve the health of the repair and attack turrets from the HyAn Mutilator parsec and META-X Defender ships?

3) Are there any other community-based suggestions on progress?

4) Will be the TC story-line interesting?

5) What is your oppinion about this community? What do you think about us?

Best regards.

PS:
Highway said:
...But we have something else planned where we can get some inspiration from your ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.