Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
Highway said:
Great to see that more players are taking the chance to join in the discussion and provide feedback even when they are not native english speakers. Awesome!

We have now refined some of the initial design ideas bit more:

- The Tau Ceti armor for the parsec will be called "Ancient Armor" since naming it Tau Ceti could be misleading. Because this Armor will make the parsecs stronger than the ancient ships and therefore fully qualify as entry level ships for Tau Ceti. Parsecs will be able to play at full extend in Sirius with that armor installed, like you can play with the ancient ships, fully armored.

- We will replace the flexible armor up and downgrade idea with a more suitable feature. Players will be able to create ship configurations where: Items, drones, cortex parts, ship skin/colors can be individually equipped. With that you can create builds for your parsec for each system without to repurchase the ship itself. This would also be suitable for other ships as well to build different sets based on the variable items that can be found in sirius for each system.

Keep your feedback rolling :D
Letzter Absatz Top!
Vielleicht kann man im Zuge dessen noch die Möglichkeit einführen, die Reihenfolge der Schiffskomponenten unten in der Leiste 1-8 ebenfalls individuell anpassbar zu machen.

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hello,

Nice refined ideas that are planned to come :D

- The Tau Ceti armor for the parsec will be called "Ancient Armor" since naming it Tau Ceti could be misleading. Because this Armor will make the parsecs stronger than the ancient ships and therefore fully qualify as entry level ships for Tau Ceti. Parsecs will be able to play at full extend in Sirius with that armor installed, like you can play with the ancient ships, fully armored.
Does that means that both Ancient class and prototype class will become entry ships of Tau Ceti and so new TC ships will fully replace both? Wich could as already planned to add new skills, I don't know if that means a skill number 9 on the new ships?

- We will replace the flexible armor up and downgrade idea with a more suitable feature. Players will be able to create ship configurations where: Items, drones, cortex parts, ship skin/colors can be individually equipped. With that you can create builds for your parsec for each system without to repurchase the ship itself. This would also be suitable for other ships as well to build different sets based on the variable items that can be found in sirius for each system.
A very nice idea, very flexible and makes prototypes more then worth it (just 1 ship for each system)
I know that for each armor you can now install the different system techs, and so you can easy switch between systems, but do drone slots stack? Since they pretty expensive if have to rebuy for each system ;)

Keep up the good work!

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Hi,

Highway said:
Great :D
But i think this may cause problems when Tau Ceti items & ships will arrive, because they should logically become stronger than Raven/Prototypes, just like R70 vs R60 sol ships. A solution could be a real Tau Ceti Armor when this will happen, but i fear the cost :?:

Highway said:
Great one more time :D
There are still some questions such as:
1) Will we have to buy armors for every preset? Or could we choose freely any armor under the highest one bought on that ship? F.E. I have a Sirius parsec, i want to make a Draconis preset. Will i have to pay again Sol, Sol II and Draconis armors? That would have a huge cost, even if still cheaper than buying a new parsec for Draconis only. Plus, we should ba able to add, name and save the presets for free. We already gonna buy items at their full price and skin again, i really think it's enough cryonite, no need to add some preset creation/saving/loading fees.
2) Could the drones slots stay out of the presets? So i can buy my 3 slots once and let them empty so I can choose my drones inside each preset without re-buying the slots nor the drones?
3) Same question for the Cortexes: I currently have the Nephilim on my myst. If i want to make, let's say one preset for gizas %, one for pvp and one for farming with, in this order Nephilim, Ifrit and Nephilim, would that cost me 2 Nephilim + 1 Ifrit, or will the game remember that i already installed and saved a Nephilim on that ship?

3)-Bis Ifrit cortex haven't dropped in a event since a few years now. Could we have some Raven Dynamics event the classic way (sol temporary planet) quite regurlarly (i remember someone talking about one every 2-3 months during the Q/A) :?: Or even a Reactor Defense on one of Sol's useless planets.

-Decimator- said:
Hello,

A very nice idea, very flexible and makes prototypes more then worth it (just 1 ship for each system)
I know that for each armor you can now install the different system techs, and so you can easy switch between systems, but do drone slots stack? Since they pretty expensive if have to rebuy for each system ;)

Keep up the good work!
+1 for drones
I hope we''ll still be able to save our presets with empty slots and to add them without saving the preset later.

_PLaYeR_ said:
A) Ancient Armor strongest:

1- this does not solve the problem of ships parsec in draconis. A ship 70 with metanoide armor has more armor than a ship 35 with 3 shields [META-01 (metanoide) 7694 rHP > AnIn-1 Dominator (3) 5770 rHP]
2- May be made missions in sirius planets? Kill Giza?
3- It will cost Cryonite this change?
1- R70 with methanoid armor will be Sirius only ships. They won't be allowed for Draconis WM, SM, CQ, Arkon and Colossus from what Highway told us a few weeks ago.

2- As Highway sayd in his post, Ancient-armored prototypes/ravens will be as the R85 ships, which means allowed for Clan Missions, Gizas, %. Unless i misunderstood his post.

3- Same question.

_PLaYeR_ said:
B) Profiles ships:

- Which is saved in those prefiles?
components
armor (?)
drones
Cortex
paintings
Highway told "drones + cortex + paints + items". I guess armor will be included too.

_PLaYeR_ said:
1- This means you can have one dominator with sirius ancient blaster and one with ancient blaster rapid in the same "Chassis"?, for exmple.
2- Cost Cryonite profile change?
3- Where you can change the profile? (Planet, hangar, can not in combat mode)
4- Maximum number of profiles?
5- Then the parsec ships will not be able to remove the armor?
6- All the ships have profiles or only parsec?
7-When maKe this change?
1- Yes
2- Same question. I hope not
3- I don't know but i think hangar is the best option.
4- Same question. To me it should be unlimited or high enough to allow 3 presets per system on each ship.
5- From what i've undestood you cannot remove an armor on a parsec, but you can make a new preset with inferior armor.
6- Highway seems to tell us "all ships", which would be convenient for Gold/Ancient items, and crucial for R70 ships since they will now be 2-Systems ships depending on their armor.
7- Same question.

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
Highway, any plans for the Release? how many Days/weeks/months do we have to wait?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
-Decimator- said:
Does that means that both Ancient class and prototype class will become entry ships of Tau Ceti and so new TC ships will fully replace both? Wich could as already planned to add new skills, I don't know if that means a skill number 9 on the new ships?
When the new Tau Ceti ships will be introduced the parsecs quite possibly get another armor upgrade. Details on the ships can not yet be provided.

Fra_592 said:
There are still some questions such as:
1) Will we have to buy armors for every preset? Or could we choose freely any armor under the highest one bought on that ship? F.E. I have a Sirius parsec, i want to make a Draconis preset. Will i have to pay again Sol, Sol II and Draconis armors? That would have a huge cost, even if still cheaper than buying a new parsec for Draconis only.
2) Could the drones slots stay out of the presets? So i can buy my 3 slots once and choose my drones inside each preset without re-buying the slots?
3) Same question for the Cortexes: I currently have the Nephilim on my myst. If i want to make, let's say one preset for gizas %, one for pvp and one for farming with, in this order Nephilim, Ifrit and Nephilim, would that cost me 2 Nephilim + 1 Ifrit, or will the game know that i already saved a Nephilim on that ship?

3)-Bis Ifrit cortex haven't dropped in a event since a few years now. Could we have some Raven Dynamics event the classic way (sol temporary planet) quite regurlarly? Or even a Reactor Defense on one of Sol's useless planets.

1. Each config is like a fresh ship where all the items, armors etc can be installed as usual. The benefit is that you save a lot of cryonite if you want to build many configuration sets instead of buying new ships every time.
2. Drone Slots will not be part of the configuration slots and they must only be purchased once.
3. Each config has its own cortex slots where cortex can be installed. Once a new config is created you need to put in new cortex items from your hangar. The ifrit cortex will be available again in the next raven event.

Fra_592 said:
_PLaYeR_ said:
A) Ancient Armor strongest:

1- this does not solve the problem of ships parsec in draconis. A ship 70 with metanoide armor has more armor than a ship 35 with 3 shields [META-01 (metanoide) 7694 rHP > AnIn-1 Dominator (3) 5770 rHP]
2- May be made missions in sirius planets? Kill Giza?
3- It will cost Cryonite this change?
1- R70 with methanoide will be Sirius only ships. They won't be allowed for Draconis WM, SM, CQ, Arkon and Colossus from what Highway told us a few weeks ago.

2- As Highway sayd in his post, Ancient-armored prototypes/ravens will be as the R85 ships, which means allowed for Clan Missions, Gizas, %. Unless i misunderstood his post.

3- Same question.
1. Yes that is right.
2. Yes this is right as well :)
3. The new parsec ancient armor can be purchased with cryonite like the other armors.

Fra_592 said:
_PLaYeR_ said:
B) Profiles ships:

- Which is saved in those prefiles?
components
armor (?)
drones
Cortex
paintings
Highway told "drones + cortex + paints + items". I guess armor will be included too.

_PLaYeR_ said:
1- This means you can have one dominator with sirius ancient blaster and one with ancient blaster rapid in the same "Chassis"?, for exmple.
2- Cost Cryonite profile change?
3- Where you can change the profile? (Planet, hangar, can not in combat mode)
4- Maximum number of profiles?
5- Then the parsec ships will not be able to remove the armor?
6- All the ships have profiles or only parsec?
7-When maKe this change?
1- Yes
2- Same question. I hope not
3- I don't know but i think hangar is the best option.
4- Same question.
5- From what i've undestood you cannot remove an armor on a parsec, but you can make a new preset with inferior armor.
6- Highway seems to tell us "all ships", which would be convenient for Gold/Ancient items, and crucial for R70 ships since they will now be 2-Systems ships depending on their armor.
7- Same question.
1. Yes thats right
2. Its currently planned to cost a little reconfiguration fee.
3. Yes, the configs can only be changed in the hangar.
4. There is no maximum limitation planned for this.
5. It will be possible to sell the armors from a ship
6. Yes, all the ships can have configs
7. This has already been answered in a previous post :p.

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
Highway said:
1. Each config is like a fresh ship where all the items, armors etc can be installed as usual. The benefit is that you save a lot of cryonite if you want to build many configuration sets instead of buying new ships every time.
2. Drone Slots will not be part of the configuration slots and they must only be purchased once.
3. Each config has its own cortex slots where cortex can be installed. Once a new config is created you need to put in new cortex items from your hangar. The ifrit cortex will be available again in the next raven event.
Question on the 3rd statement:

I ve got ifrit cortex parts in a locust hybrid in mizar as well as in sol. when i want to sell one beacause i m planning to use the new features, one ifrit is gone and i have to put a new one in my second locust profile.
Please change sth on the cortex parts, so this wont be a problem.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Gladiator said:
Highway, any plans for the Release? how many Days/weeks/months do we have to wait?
I think they might release it in June or July.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Have you all yet planned the names of the new planets?

mark750

Reaction score
Highway said:

Keep your feedback rolling :D
Ok i have a few things to say about it:
1)Does this mean that if, lets say, you have an obsidian, and 3 presets (sirius - sol - mizar) have 3 ships in 1?? If yes, this is awesome! That would finally make parsecs worth their price
2)How much exactly the fee to exchange the configuration cost?

Also, i read there will be another ravendynamic event..if yes, could you read this thread? http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=37725

Thank you for your attention :)

Celes

Reaction score
well this pretty neat, because one of the biggest problems when it comes to decide what kind of item buy is that some are better for PvP but not for PvE. So great idea!.
Im really excited for another Raven dynamics event to get one of those ships, now they sound really worth the price.

keep the little "updates" I like them ;)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Highway, is it ok if you tell us when you have finished working on Dinostorm?

theoldman

Reaction score
I am still unclear as to whether or not parsec and raven dynamic ships with the new ancient Armour will still be able to do Sirius clan missions or not. If not then they will be pretty much a waste of time unless you plan to do something about Tau Ceti sooner rather than later. If they are not. allowed to do Sirius CMs. will this mean all those that have only Methanoid ships such as Punishers etc. will no longer be able to be able to do Tau Ceti missions /grinding. Likewise will those with only Parsec or Raven Dynamic ships that have not fitted the new ancient Armour still be able to do Sirius CMs?

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Hi,

theoldman said:
I am still unclear as to whether or not parsec and raven dynamic ships with the new ancient Armour will still be able to do Sirius clan missions or not. If not then they will be pretty much a waste of time unless you plan to do something about Tau Ceti sooner rather than later. If they are not. allowed to do Sirius CMs. will this mean all those that have only Methanoid ships such as Punishers etc. will no longer be able to be able to do Tau Ceti missions /grinding. Likewise will those with only Parsec or Raven Dynamic ships that have not fitted the new ancient Armour still be able to do Sirius CMs?
  • R70 ships with armor inferior to methanoid will be Draconis ships.
  • R70 with methanoid armor and Prototypes/Ravens with sirius armor will be Sirius only ships.
  • R85 with methanoid armor and Prototypes/Ravens with Ancient armor will be Sirius Mk 2 AND Tau Ceti Mk 1 ships at once. They will be able to do CM's, %, Gizas, grinding on Sirius. Pretty much like R60 Sol ships which are SOL Mk2 / Gazica Mk1 at once.
Actually, even if R85 ships were downgraded to Sirius only (which is not likely to happen)8, you would still be able to grind on the Tau Ceti SMs. As inferior tech is always allowed in SMs, you could even give it a try with a Sol ship :D

Mastian

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Mastian
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
Wie ist das dann mit den Meta Schiffen für Draco, kann man dann in der vorhandenen Konfiguration einfach die Rüstung von Methanoiden- zu Sinflutrüstung wechseln oder darf ich dann eine neue Konfiguration machen und dann dort die komplette Ausrüstug neu kaufen?

Letzteres wäre natürlich ziemlich bescheuert, außer mann kann wie in Vega die überflüssige Rüstung beim CQ-Plani verkaufen.

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
Highway, why did you say sth with 'replace'?
We have to sell all Meta Dracoships (or Profiles) and rebuild them with 1 armor less. i wont replace it, i would bring it to the game in addition.
Same with sirius Parsecs player dont use because they realized that they are a waste of kryonite.

null

Reaction score
Ok Devs,

Plug in the update, give us a Devs Shack 4#, Please. Just do it baby! Getrrrr done! Handa le!

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
When will be the next dev shack ?

And when will you show the screens of the tau ceti ships like you said ?

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Are they going to show screens? :D This I've got to see.

null

Reaction score
Highway, The month is coming to a close. When will Dev shack 4# be ready to go? Also, where is the update?

Status
Not open for further replies.