What's new

Ship Armor Adjustments #03

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
Hi all :D

Devs:
I bought my ships (2 ancients, 6 parsecs and at least 2 ships in every system) all for roles in helping others, kill giza, etc... Lets not forget my helping many others keeps them in the game, your #1 goal ^^

I am using ships now that not feel right and weak to do a job, is frustrating ! Dont feel as progress.
A parsec for Sirius lets not forget cost 4.2 million cryonite... 3x Ancient ship cost...
To dismiss that is not very nice to me or anybody owning such a ship...

My Sirius Obsidion gets 1 shot kill now by a Keops with a red noze, COME ON IS A PARSEC !
My Parsec is level 75 with Sirius armor while all Parsecs would be best in the system, your own goal.
Ancients like Myst are now level 85 with beter armor... Ancient armor for parsec is intended for Tau Ceti, not Sirius, thats why you buy it in Tau Ceti, right ? People are buying and have bought expensive ships on this goal. This is what I experience ^^ Might not be true but is frustrating me ^^

Except for the selling of armor what was years overdue, we got nothing new, as I see it.

The game is not apealing or feels finished any more to me and people I ask about it, including the old gone fighters that are mostly inactive now. Rushing people to Sirius is still posible as it was before.

I have no clue at all, what I should do ? Should I buy armor for all parsecs or not ? Should I do some, so witch ones ? What is progress what is a waste. Your update is limping on multiple broken leggs.

I think I wait untill you make your mind up and finsih the game... Hope is not to long, I am already enjoying another game to much...

I wish you all well and good health :)

LG

POSITRON3

Reaction score
LivlyGhost said:
Hi all :D

Devs:
I bought my ships (2 ancients, 6 parsecs and at least 2 ships in every system) all for roles in helping others, kill giza, etc... Lets not forget my helping many others keeps them in the game, your #1 goal ^^

I am using ships now that not feel right and weak to do a job, is frustrating ! Dont feel as progress.
A parsec for Sirius lets not forget cost 4.2 million cryonite... 3x Ancient ship cost...
To dismiss that is not very nice to me or anybody owning such a ship...

My Sirius Obsidion gets 1 shot kill now by a Keops with a red noze, COME ON IS A PARSEC !
My Parsec is level 75 with Sirius armor while all Parsecs would be best in the system, your own goal.
Ancients like Myst are now level 85 with beter armor... Ancient armor for parsec is intended for Tau Ceti, not Sirius, thats why you buy it in Tau Ceti, right ? People are buying and have bought expensive ships on this goal. This is what I experience ^^ Might not be true but is frustrating me ^^

Except for the selling of armor what was years overdue, we got nothing new, as I see it.

The game is not apealing or feels finished any more to me and people I ask about it, including the old gone fighters that are mostly inactive now. Rushing people to Sirius is still posible as it was before.

I have no clue at all, what I should do ? Should I buy armor for all parsecs or not ? Should I do some, so witch ones ? What is progress what is a waste. Your update is limping on multiple broken leggs.

I think I wait untill you make your mind up and finsih the game... Hope is not to long, I am already enjoying another game to much...

LG

I am completely agree, this is not advance, is a step back after so long wait. is a punishment instead of reward, we all toll we will get harders ancient ships, stronger and abalance parsecs, and we got nothing, the stronger and balance parsec do less than my old punisher. the new obsidian, can solo Osiris and Anubis but can not solo a giza. like the old puni can do with booster and gravis. so we now are worse than before upgrade. So I was very excited when I first hear what next upgrade will do to game, all positive stuff, but when update show up, promises was not accomplished, instead more stronger ancient ships we have paper ancient ships, and now we are limit in using the bps that took us 4 years to get. So after we take 4 years to get all best bps now we can not use it fully? I am deeply deeply disappoint what dev did to us. we never deserved good stuff, always they need to give us much bad stuff together with few good ones. I will wait a couple of weeks for a reaccion of the developers and general admis of the game, if they don't fix this I am formally leaving this game. I am tired of wait for get nothing.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
LivlyGhost said:
Hi. :sneaky:
I will use big size cause your dislexia. Let me know if this is actually helping you.

Devs:
Before continuing, let me clarify that I am not a developer ^^ Just another player thanking you.

That is wrong. Level 75 parsecs with Sirius armor were decreased to match level 71 draconis ships with Methanoid armor. Now they are merely starting ships for Sirius with a little 20% bonus over level 71 draconis ships, that in turn get raised a little too... This new Ancient armor for parsecs IS NOT INTENDED FOR TAU CETI. It can be bought in Sirius jumpship. It was announced that a new Tau Ceti armor will be available for parsecs when Tau Ceti system will be finished. Ancients ships like Myst actually lost 8% armor, and parsecs with Ancient armor are about 20% stronger than ancient ships, making them efectivelly the best ships in the system.
Right. The game is not finished yet. This update is only a first stage in the 5 steps already outlined in Dev Shack #5. It was supposed to be an "armor" update, but it escalated to something bigger. Yes, rushing people to Sirius is still posible, but a little more difficult. I don't know if the devs got their goal. I hope they are still working in tweaking this update for future hotfixes.

My advice is buying armor only for the system when you want to use it more. The new configurations systems allows you to use it in other systems for 1/4 of the price of a new ship. At less you have a lot of cryonite, think carefully in wich system you will need to use them, and in which class. Per example if you want a Black Granite for Sol and a Mutilator for Draconis, then the configuration system is not applicable, you still need to buy 2 different ships. But you can use a Disruptor with a configuration for Sirius and other for Draconis, if you feel that you will need it in both systems. You will pay for it the costs of one ship and one configuration for a total of (1 + 1/4) * (cost of ship), plus the costs of items for each system. Please do not think buying multiple configurations in parsecs for helping in low systems. If you want to help, use a cheaper ship, PLEASE. You are a PRO. You don't need a parsec for that task really.

Still a long way to finish the 5 steps for Tau Ceti. And I am not sure that that is the real end. More systems can come after Tau Ceti, if the devs success in keeping the game amusing in that stage. I hope. This is only a game, and like any other game is intended to be for amusement. I you don't enjoy it is absolutelly valid that you move to other more pleasant tasks.

LG
Same to you.

HG

POSITRON3

Reaction score
Well, confirmed, we now are worse than before update. Obsidian is not enough to kill giza with max 3h damage and resistence booster+gravis. before update that task can be done with puni, that now can not do it either. :( :( :(

So what we got? less power agains mantis now. we need to come back to solo giza only with too slow (poor attack) ship like myst, granito, domi, emperator, etc. for me, that was waiting an increase in puni armour and got instead 8% less, that is inacceptable. if they fix it I will return to game, if they deploy new content, maybe I will come back again. Sor for now I finished with PG. I am not masochistic. Good luck to all that still can handle false promise, for more than 4 years. For me this one is last one.

To all my friend and partner pilots in kalgan, I said good by.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Nice findings V1 & HGus. The last armor (methanoid) for the ancient ships is indeed not not correct and should be increased to its correct value. This will be fixed in the next update.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
POSITRON3 said:
Giza is not intended for solo. Fighting Giza solo is an exceptional task that some players managed to do out of squad rules, a kind of individual challenge, a show of personal skills beyond the standard playing. No "I cannot do solo Giza" complain can be take it seriously. That only means that your are not an exceptional champion.

V1-Hyper said:
Hi POSITRON3,
The R85 Punisher (Methanoid aromr installed), and the other R85 Ancient Hybrids, lost 8% hitpoints.
With the fix announced by Highway, the lost is reduced to 5.5%

POSITRON3

Reaction score
HGus said:
POSITRON3 said:
Giza is not intended for solo. Fighting Giza solo is an exceptional task that some players managed to do out of squad rules, a kind of individual challenge, a show of personal skills beyond the standard playing. No "I cannot do solo Giza" complain can be take it seriously. That only means that your are not an exceptional champion.

V1-Hyper said:
Hi POSITRON3,
The R85 Punisher (Methanoid aromr installed), and the other R85 Ancient Hybrids, lost 8% hitpoints.

HI there, the point is not kill alone a giza, that is a tiny point, the point is we are now with less power than before. I mean the best ship available now have less resistence and less attack than before. so we are involucions we do step back after much time waiting. That's the point. About fixing it. if devs. fix it and restore at least that 8% or give us a more strong rep droid or other stuff that allow us to have the same or more power we had before, then I and much others will be happy, since at least we stay in same point we was before. I think after 4 years devs need to focus in more important stuffs, taking time for fix the rush to Sirius I think is not so important now and they can do that later after more priority stuff.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Highway said:
1. Ship Armor Adjustments (Completed)
2. PvP Overhaul
3. Sirius System Adjustments
4. Tau Ceti System
5. Player Controlled Invasions
Hello, it is assumed that the information from the Dev Shack 2, which is still in the 'to do list' 'is to review the system pvp's, is that correct or is going to work on something different? :confused:

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
GOTIL0N said:
Highway said:
1. Ship Armor Adjustments (Completed)
2. PvP Overhaul
Hello, it is assumed that the information from the Dev Shack 2, which is still in the 'to do list' 'is to review the system pvp's, is that correct or is going to work on something different? :confused:
That is the matter of Dev Shack article #4

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
HGus said:
POSITRON3 said:

V1-Hyper said:
Hi POSITRON3,
What they should be doing if they really want to "fix the armor to better fit the difficulty curve" what they should be doing is increasing the HP to more than it was before

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Update is now on the live servers: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=513&t=39255

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
CaptSmiley said:
What they should be doing if they really want to "fix the armor to better fit the difficulty curve" what they should be doing is increasing the HP to more than it was before
And it was done. Methanoid armor for Draconis ships was increased 6%. Bulkwark armor for Ancient ships was increased 74%.
Draconis Defender was increased 25% too (the best squad ship available before Sirius).
Now you can survive better with Draconis ships until ring 5 and if you got a good clan you can buy Ancient ships at lvl 71. These Bulkwark R71 Ancient ships are so strong as Methanoid Draconis ships and can be upgraded "fitting the difficulty curve" up to Methanoid.
The Sirius armor for parsecs was decreased to match R71 ship strenght with 20% bonus. For newcomes in Sirius this is the the best option, because they got the best ship available at entry level. For veterans this can seem a drawback, but they now have available an Ancient armor that actually makes them the strongest in the system, even about 20% more than Ancient ships. The little loss in Methanoid armor for Ancient ships is not really a big deal. Sirius still is a system intended for squad playing and do not expect changes toward "easier solo playing".

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
@Hgus :)
Your a pro m8, you know what dislexic people need is big text to read and write beter :D
Thanks m8 I love the gesture and it works ! :D
I keep hitting CTRL Num+/- all over the place so i dont make stuipid asumptions ! :D
Know howver I cant return the favoour, poeple would find me liek a shouter printing all bigg :D

I have a very simple solution for stopping rushing of new players to Sirius:
See the new update on missions lsit: 1/70 on a hive mission ? Change that to say 61/70 and do that on all systems missions... Meaning make the lower level not 1 but the lowest ship on that system possible -1... Or even beter make the 1 not aiming at ship and items but al player level, 1= player level / 70 = max ship and items...

Regarindg armor and ships config, I got this problem m8:
- I bought 1 parsec sniper for Mizar, or else I found mizar sniper items to be obsulete (and I bought them)...
- I bought 1 parsec sniper for Draconis, has 25% more armor then the normal draco sniper (acording to HHs) to asssit people in missions and do my ownwm or events.
Now this update should save me money doing that... But I did it way before this update...
Now would cost me way lesss to get these 2 snipers in configuration ^^ some 600K less I think if I saw wright what a second config cost for parsec sniper...
I was expecting a more balanced armor for the paper sniper ships in sted I end up with <600K cryonite not recompensated...
I got same problem Devs themselfs created in Vega, I got duplicate ships there with and without armor to do passed missions but also unduable without armor events...

Not only me has this problem but I know people bought multiple parsecs like obsidion to assist and do missions in lower systems or do wm themselfs but also for Sirius...

This new update is not good for us old players as we are not compensated and thus stuck in how to move forward... This update is far from complete and far from thought through, dispite all hard work, testing and thinking on how to solve Sirius vs Tau Ceti... I am not paying 1 cryonite in this game for anything untill I see some form of idea waht is going to change... I kow Devs will not compensate my lsos already or in the future, not asking that neither as I understand the work it would involve, but is a fact !

New players are now more helped with slots filled with 3 drones, cortexes etc. Now new players are gonne get rushed more if the alt player has the stamina to invest in such ship ^^ We did it way harder way, but planets are made harder to survive so they actualy need these boosts to survive... Solo players will get stuck I am sure about that and is a shame as they are the ne wblood in the game, not me, I am over done, turn me over before I burn ^^ :D

Still... I dont see progress HGus... Sorry m8, I just feel bypassed and lost as a years old payer for this game to accomodate new players with out ever paying for a gold bar ever ^^
I even get lost in the new hanger setup , where "Store" button is removed and placed in a list I can hardly find as it is all read work... I need to manouvre carefully not to sell by accident a drone as first in list is a "Store" button and same icon possition in other list is "Sell drone" ^^
I am trying to like it as it looks slim, but I dont see progress in that dircetion either ^^ Just RSI and from all the clikcing...

V1 & HGus and other testers:
I know you do hard work finding out new numbers, but game feels weird now to me. I am a insitnct player not a numbers one... I use stupid ship because it suits me game play while other ship would work way beter... I am dumb and stubbrin ;) Still thanks for the work guys, keep the numbers comming !

@ Highway:
Thanks for updates, clearing up the new update as in levels for missions is very helpfull ! :D

LG

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
LivlyGhost said:
I keep hitting CTRL Num+/- all over the place so i dont make stuipid asumptions ! :D
Know howver I cant return the favoour, poeple would find me liek a shouter printing all bigg :D
Glad to know that you find that usefull tool.

I have a very simple solution for stopping rushing of new players to Sirius:
See the new update on missions lsit: 1/70 on a hive mission ? Change that to say 61/70 and do that on all systems missions... Meaning make the lower level not 1 but the lowest ship on that system possible -1... Or even beter make the 1 not aiming at ship and items but al player level, 1= player level / 70 = max ship and items...
I agree with that proposal. It is very common in RPGs the minimum player level restriction for quests/missions. That will make reduce the ratio of beggers too, as they will be forced to grow up before asking for help for missions. Even accepting a 20 level lower player will work.

- I bought 1 parsec sniper for Mizar, or else I found mizar sniper items to be obsulete (and I bought them)...
LOL, I know that feeling. Some people call us OCD :)

I bought 1 parsec sniper for Draconis, has 25% more armor then the normal draco sniper (acording to HHs) to asssit people in missions and do my ownwm or events.
20% actually. Good choice.

Now this update should save me money doing that... But I did it way before this update...
Now would cost me way lesss to get these 2 snipers in configuration ^^ some 600K less I think if I saw wright what a second config cost for parsec sniper...
If you bought the ship before the update, then keep it. Use the configurations only for tasks where the existing builds don't fit yet. Do not sell the ships at least that you need to build new ships and do not have room because you reached the maximum ships limit.

I was expecting a more balanced armor for the paper sniper ships in sted I end up with <600K cryonite not recompensated...
The balancing was done in Sirius. Pre-Sirius parsecs were already very strong with that 20% bonus, besides the ability to upgrade to next system. Of course you can get rares with 25% bonus, but you cannot always get the rare of the class that you want. Rare storm in Mizar doesn't mean that storm class should be your favorite for that system, per example. The pre-update Sirius parsecs were in the middle way from draco ships to ancient ones. Now you have an entry armor (Sirius) better than the former and a top armor (Ancient) better than the latter. No more paper parsecs in ring 5.

I got same problem Devs themselfs created in Vega, I got duplicate ships there with and without armor to do passed missions but also unduable without armor events...
All events are doable in squad and I hope that past events for Vega will be tweaked a little for the new conditions.

Not only me has this problem but I know people bought multiple parsecs like obsidion to assist and do missions in lower systems or do wm themselfs but also for Sirius...
When the rules of the game change, players need some time to addapt to them. Eventually the dust will settle after the twister is gone.

I cannot say anything about the rest of your post. Everyone have the right to be upset and claim. It doesn't matter if I agree or not with your complains.

Have a good day. :sneaky:

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
HGus said:
CaptSmiley said:
And it was done. Methanoid armor for Draconis ships was increased 6%. Bulkwark armor for Ancient ships was increased 74%.
Draconis Defender was increased 25% too (the best squad ship available before Sirius).
Now you can survive better with Draconis ships until ring 5 and if you got a good clan you can buy Ancient ships at lvl 71. These Bulkwark R71 Ancient ships are so strong as Methanoid Draconis ships and can be upgraded "fitting the difficulty curve" up to Methanoid.
The Sirius armor for parsecs was decreased to match R71 ship strenght with 20% bonus. For newcomes in Sirius this is the the best option, because they got the best ship available at entry level. For veterans this can seem a drawback, but they now have available an Ancient armor that actually makes them the strongest in the system, even about 20% more than Ancient ships. The little loss in Methanoid armor for Ancient ships is not really a big deal. Sirius still is a system intended for squad playing and do not expect changes toward "easier solo playing".
Im aware of that, and for the most part, the devs did a pretty good job with the armor despite my disagreements with what they did. What im saying is there shouldn't have been any decreases anywhere.

POSITRON3

Reaction score
HGus said:
POSITRON3 said:

V1-Hyper said:
Hi POSITRON3,
Hi there, with last updated then ancient lost HP pass from -8% to -5.5%?
thanks for info.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
POSITRON3 said:
Hi there, with last updated then ancient lost HP pass from -8% to -5.5%?
thanks for info.
No, the methanoid armor from the ancient ships is now stronger than before the update. It was a bug that the armor had lower values than before the update.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
what can you use the deluvian vega ships for?

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Nice. Back sept 13th I guessed 10% increase to match the new Ancient armor when Phall did his first test on BG. V1's test on ancient ships was the key for the final finding. My 5.5% guess was based in thinking that only the 1.947/2 discrepancy was fixed.

Heavy artillery said:
what can you use the deluvian vega ships for?
Currently they can only be used for Story and Standard missions. Not for CQs, Phobos or Colossus. I don't know if for events too.

Status
Not open for further replies.