Status
Not open for further replies.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
A problem raised for players that didn't finish the storyline at Terasa.

Terasa: pilots that reached level 18 and installed Deluvian and/or Lustra blueprints before completing the Terasa storyline.

I know that you can downgrade the ships or buy alternate configurations, or even rebuy the R ships, but many players that didn't follow this thread got confused with the update.

Edited: Bugs in other systems were fixed.

Gamella

Reaction score
HGus said:
Gamella said:
The part I'm complaining about is the max equipment cap on missions. That is not helping anyone. I'm on Lustra. I want to go back to Terasa and do some white missions. Now I have to strip down my ship and mount older and crappier equipment. Why...?
Do not strip down your ship. Create an alternate configuration when you have the required cryo. For Terasa you will need a lvl 21 ship (Thermograde antares ship) with lvl 21 items (top Terasa blues). Please read this thread the most that you can to know the procedures. Gladiator96 posted a tutorial in German forum.
I know I can just create another configuration, what I'm saying is that now I can't use rares or even higher bp of the same system even in white missions (and btw another config still takes a lot of cryo to arm). It made the difficulty curve very flat. For a certain level of mantis I have to use a certain level of gear. So it takes the same to kill them. If they really wanted to stop vets from helping nubs there were better ways. At least keep this limitation only for SM.
So I got some nice bps in Lustra and now I want to go back to Terasa and blow the shite out of everything with my new cool gear while still closing some missions. So what? What's the problem?
Not to mention the fact that then you see only events "Sirius Tec" that only the cool guys can play in. This is a great idea to keep new players from having fun in the game. Congrats

V1-Hyper

Reaction score
Gamella said:
I know I can just create another configuration, what I'm saying is that now I can't use rares or even higher bp of the same system even in white missions (and btw another config still takes a lot of cryo to arm). It made the difficulty curve very flat. For a certain level of mantis I have to use a certain level of gear. So it takes the same to kill them. If they really wanted to stop vets from helping nubs there were better ways. At least keep this limitation only for SM.
So I got some nice bps in Lustra and now I want to go back to Terasa and blow the shite out of everything with my new cool gear while still closing some missions. So what? What's the problem?
Not to mention the fact that then you see only events "Sirius Tec" that only the cool guys can play in. This is a great idea to keep new players from having fun in the game. Congrats
Sounds like a good idea to only apply the new tech restrictions to story missions, not to whites. :sneaky:

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
HGus & V1, I respect you 200%, V1 we go back long time m8. I hope you remember me to ^^
Also others explaining stuff have my vote anytime, glad to read it all !

I am sovery glad others,specialy lower levels are voicing their problems now... At least they are taking time to express their problems and not unstalling the game ^^
I am also very glad you 2 and others are addressing the issues I read in last 3 pages with care ! :D
Keep it up ! Respect !

I am very sad however I cant express myself to pinpoint problems for you :( Sory if I come over confusing...
So here follows a lengthy read I hope i can make a point or 2... pelase read and dont dismiss...

I must disagree with some things dough:
Mizar was made cripling hard when it was the top planet in its days, 2009... Paralizers all over the place, in ones an twoos, even for a parsec V1 owned was a challange... Now their are packs of 8 paralizers on same spot... Living areas are widend cripling and making harder to "grind" and do missions, with harvies landig all over the place... That was not true when we where the ne wplayers there...
We had time, Sol was way off the chart to be opened back then, we needed a challenge so we made PVP clan wars, remember Baumar and Prosperous ? Lets hunt V1 & V2 in their slow moving parsecs lol :D

New players dont posses that knowledge and to say its a challange or they should be on a planet for 2 years to learn it is overboard in my opinion...
You try to do "A Traitor's Fate" with out help in a sq full of Molikar ships, you cant, I cant, nobody can ^^
Why because is bugged, only 1 player alowed in sq to follow the transporter through areas where 8 paralizers and packs of hungry mantis live... Try it without help and disconect previous knowledge and report back if I am wrong, before you reply...

Those "final" planets are made harder for the top players to still have fun and then left to side when new system comes. All players move up and the new players get stuck without help on to hard planets ^^
But some of us where helping to get them unstuck...

Its natural to keep people on their tows, You and Me... But we got good items and good ships and knowedge of flight paths of mantis, mission tricks, etc...We lived Mizar for more then a year ^^ We "rushed" players back then to ^^ i was trainer of a clan, we try to teach the game mechanics as we knuw them, not only rush...

Pre update a low player cry in chat and a more knowledge andprivilageed player steps up and rushes them to new system, because the helper knows people cant do story missions solo or in a same level pack with out help ^^

We are punishing lower levels for issues that could be addressed where it should be, on the high levels.
We should revise the lower levels missions if a new system is born, we dont and people get rushed to next system, because helping people is like a drugg, once you start you cant quit untill the new player is safe in Sol...

I hope that is addressed to. Lower levels are the live of this game ^^ They need a lurning curve but now the cruve is a vertical line in my honest opinion in some spots.

Also you make me buy a new ship, a config. To me as I am stupid is a new ship only ship base is cheaper when you alread got one. Need armor, items, slots, etc. I need to buy multiple configs on multiple ships to help people stuck in lower systems that where made exceptionaly hard for us when it was needed. I will not do that and I guess neither will a lot of upper class players, stranding lower levels and they where already leaving disapointed in the more easy pre update situation... Lets not forget you and me we did it the hard way, msot of the complianers didnt, they complain and are not victims but worried there will come a new him soon ^^

Maybe we should reverse the server and kick all back to Mizar that gone to Tau Ceti before 2010 with rigss and system and missions as they are now...
That wold be a great read in this forum ^^

Also I agree on the parsecs: current lvl 75 armor is weekend and is a very bad idea but i understand why it was made :( Most people will leave or wurs not come back untill a release comes matching on stun, ab, blaster and repair...

This is a cripling update not a "we are moving forward" update in my honest opinion. And there is still no Tau Ceti and to call this update a step up to Ta Ceti, i dont see it. Should be one pack deal: A extreemly tough Tau Ceti (top planet) with story missions, white missions, BPs and open up the map, lozen up in Hive and revise Sirius as they are not top planets anymore ...

With respect to all hardworking people before and behind the scenes !

LG

ps.: Check status of last top 10 clans in Askone server, see how long living respected adn admnired clans with respected players are still all inactive or semi inactive... I hope it does reflect only the status of this update, if not they are not comming back leaving one gigantic black hole in this game. You understand a new player seeying this wil not put effort in findng a clan or keep strugling as dev want :(

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Dear Liv'ly Ghost (You still didn't read the PM that I sent you a couple of days ago.)

I understand your disappointment. Just let me give you some tips about some things that I think you didn't catch yet.

The planets that require a downgraded configuration Terasa and Mars.
That means that you still can use your full rares/ancient/top blues, deluvian rare ships, on most Vega, Lustra, all Gemini, Mizar, Moon/Earth and Draconis. The most difficult missions are in those planets, and the lowering in buying requirements for the draco ships (now lvl 61) help a little in passing the last Gazica missions for players that cannot be considered "beginners" at that stage. They still need to do 18 missions in Sol lvl60 ships.

I see these problems here:
  1. Players that already have ships over max requirements before the update before finishing the storylines or whites of those 5 low planets get forced to downgrade. Most of them were surprised and do not have nobody to explain the changes because nobody is available online and they didn't notice the existence of this thread, the changelog, of even the forum. The GMs failed to announce the update in the online News tab (but in some servers they announced the next Raven event)
  2. New players that still meet the requirements could be tempted to install the deluvian armors (or top bps from Lustra) if they get the required level unaware of the restriction. The dialog showing the level restrictions shows only when you are overpowered, not before. The max level that you can get in Terasa is 29, in Mars is 58 and in Gazica is 74, all over the requirements needed for installing Deluvian armor (or buying the S ship in Sol)
  3. Some people (beginners and veterans) have no idea how to manage the configurations. A good tutorial is needed.

Edited: Bugs in Vega, Mizar and Sol were fixed.

Mastian

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Mastian
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
HGus said:
Some people (beginners and veterans) have no idea how to manage the configurations. A good tutorial is needed.
really??? :eek:

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback!
We are currently looking for issues that came with the update to improve it further.

Some quest level restrictions are incorrect and will soon be fixed. To make the change easier to understand we add the following to the mission bulletin:

PG_missionlevels.jpg

CaptSmiley said:
ok. At first I was impressed with the update. Then I realized something. My Sirius Armored Emperor Parsec feels WEAKER when in combat -_- did you guys SERIOUSLY decrease the hp of the Sirius Armor??
No armor was decreased in this update, they where even increased to be above the draconis ships with methanoid armor installed.

Some items feel different now because the level of the ships have been increased when the last armor is installed. On the other hand is better for players to match the item levels to the armor since the ship does not start at max level.

We keep you updated here until the update is running smoothly. ;)

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Highway said:
1. Ship Armor Adjustments (Completed)
2. PvP Overhaul
3. Sirius System Adjustments
4. Tau Ceti System
5. Player Controlled Invasions
Hello, according to information from the Dev Shack 2 try the following is a review of the system's retail price, is this correct or are going to work on something different? :confused:

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
Good improvement Highway, thanks for info :)

LG

ps.: Got i Hgus, never saw counter on messages, thnks for enlighten me m8 ^^

POSITRON3

Reaction score
CaptSmiley said:
ok. At first I was impressed with the update. Then I realized something. My Sirius Armored Emperor Parsec feels WEAKER when in combat -_- did you guys SERIOUSLY decrease the hp of the Sirius Armor??

Well, I need to confirm my punisher is now weaker, I don't know if was armour of 5r mantis are harder now, but I can not do much of the kill I did alone before the update. I am far away of doing what I did do with my puni before updated.

Also we need to sell last armour to our draconis ships for do arkone or do hive missions :(( I think that was a very bad idea, come on, why you continue doint that kind of things to pilots. Not good, Not fair.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Highway said:
CaptSmiley said:
No armor was decreased in this update, they where even increased to be above the draconis ships with methanoid armor installed.
Sorry I need to correct myself and the changelog on that one :oops:. I talked to our designers and the Sirius armor was indeed decreased to match the proper progression in the sirius system. It was a trade off to ensure the sirius system stays in balance. The Parsecs sirius armor is balanced to be able to reach ring 4-5 and acquire the ancient ships or to be able to install the the ancient armor. Same as for the draconis ships with methanoid armor installed but 20% stronger.

Here you can see the order in strength between the armors:

Draconis ship, Bulkwark
Draconis Ship, Thermograde
Draconis Ship, Deluvian
Parsec Ship, Draconis armor
Draconis Ship, Methaniod
Ancient Ship, Bulkwark
Parsec Ship, Sirius Armor
Ancient Ship, Thermograde
Ancient Ship, Deluvian
Ancient Ship, Methanoid
Parsec Ship, Ancient Armor

Usually the Sirus armor should be placed right after the Draconis ship with methanoid armor installed, but this would cause that the ancient ships must be raised in extends that would make Sirius way to easy. Before the update the sirius armor was even above the ancient ship Thermograde armor. I hope that this gives you a better understanding why this change was required.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Highway said:

Draconis ship, Bulkwark
Draconis Ship, Deluvian
Draconis Ship, Methaniod
Ancient Ship, Bulkwark
Ancient Ship, Deluvian
Ancient ship, Methanoid armor is not in your list.

Before the update the order was:

Draconis ship, Deluvian armor
Ancient ship, Bulwark armor
Parsec ship, Draconis armor
Ancient ship, Thermograde armor
Draconis ship, Methanoid armor
Ancient ship, Deluvian armor
Parsec ship, Sirius armor
Ancient ship, Methanoid armor

And we expected Parsec ship, Ancient armor at end of the list.

Please check it.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Ahhh thanks HGus for pointing that out. ive added it now. ^^

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
Highway said:

Some items feel different now because the level of the ships have been increased when the last armor is installed. On the other hand is better for players to match the item levels to the armor since the ship does not start at max level.

We keep you updated here until the update is running smoothly. ;)
sorry for my earlier outburst. was havin a bad day, but yeah...sorry.
thats what specifically what i mean though. All of my items work just fine. However, my ship is a bit more vulnerable to stuns and enemies seem to do more damage to her, which is why i assumed some kind of armor weakening happened for what is now lvl 75 armor

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
Highway said:
Highway said:
CaptSmiley said:
Sorry I need to correct myself and the changelog on that one :oops:. I talked to our designers and the Sirius armor was indeed decreased to match the proper progression in the sirius system. It was a trade off to ensure the sirius system stays in balance. The Parsecs sirius armor is balanced to be able to reach ring 4-5 and acquire the ancient ships or to be able to install the the ancient armor. Same as for the draconis ships with methanoid armor installed but 20% stronger.

Draconis ship, Bulkwark
Draconis Ship, Deluvian
Draconis Ship, Methaniod
Ancient Ship, Bulkwark
Ancient Ship, Deluvian
Ancient Ship, Methanoid

Usually the Sirus armor should be placed right after the Draconis ship with methanoid armor installed, but this would cause that the ancient ships must be raised in extends that would make Sirius way to easy. Before the update the sirius armor was even above the ancient ship Thermograde armor. I hope that this gives you a better understanding why this change was required.
.....................oi vey

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
POSITRON3 said:
CaptSmiley said:

Well, I need to confirm my punisher is now weaker, I don't know if was armour of 5r mantis are harder now, but I can not do much of the kill I did alone before the update. I am far away of doing what I did do with my puni before updated.

Also we need to sell last armour to our draconis ships for do arkone or do hive missions :(( I think that was a very bad idea, come on, why you continue doint that kind of things to pilots. Not good, Not fair.

I thought all the Methanoid armors were strengthened. or do you have kenyte techs on your Puni? Personally, i dont have a problem with the Drac ships using Deluvian for Drac and Methanoid for Sirius, as it makes it easier for players just starting Sirius to survive

POSITRON3

Reaction score
CaptSmiley said:
POSITRON3 said:
CaptSmiley said:

I thought all the Methanoid armors were strengthened. or do you have kenyte techs on your Puni? Personally, i dont have a problem with the Drac ships using Deluvian for Drac and Methanoid for Sirius, as it makes it easier for players just starting Sirius to survive

take out 1 armour in draconis ship for draco missions or arkon is no so bad for me. The main problem I see is the max armour of my puni now is low than before. for example y was able to kill 1 giza alone with my puni, with long rep and long burnig, gravis and boosters, and now is imposible. now I am very far of doint that. so now I am forced to changed my preferred ship (puni) for other attack ship :( , currently I am arming obsidian, only need some crio for weapons it have all armour already, I hope I can kill giza with gravis and booster alone and quick again. if not, for me is one step back. of course I can kill with granite, dominator, emperator, or myst alone but it take too much time.

_PLaYeR_

Reaction score
Please programmers are clarified and make an official report of the update.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
_PLaYeR_ said:
Please programmers are clarified and make an official report of the update.
I don't think we could have more complete than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.