Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
CaptSmiley said:
soooooo basically instead of doing what they should do and what they said they would do initially, which is strengthen all the Parsec armors
It has never been told armors would be increased, trust me i've asked multiple times.
The first post is already talking about creating a new armor, if you wanna read it again, i've quoted it in my previous answer ;)

CaptSmiley said:
what they've decided to do is weaken the currently existing armor even more
No armor has been weakened, only improvements have been done so far.
And, in my opinion, creating a new armor is way more suitable for future development than making one that fits neither Methanoid-armored R70 ships nor R85 Ancient Ships.

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
initial Devshack said ALL Armors would be strengthened. This includes Sirius. If this is no longer the case then I just lost interest in this update

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
CaptSmiley said:
initial Devshack said ALL Armors would be strengthened. This includes Sirius. If this is no longer the case then I just lost interest in this update
There have been a Dev Shack for each update in order to extend and balance ideas proposed by the first one, so the Dev Shack #1 is no longer the reference once the dedicated one has been created.
And the first post of this (#3) Dev Shack is talking about creating new armors.

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
i was referring to the Devshack 3. My mistake there. What i meant was the initial Devshack that started this thread

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
CaptSmiley said:
initial Devshack said ALL Armors would be strengthened.
Show me where :-D

Highway told a lot about armors, but he didnt told sth that makes this sentence become true 1:1 :-D

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
It has been a long way and four months... so lets remember some things:

Highway said:
[...]
Ship Armor Adjustments

Fellow Space Pirates,

With our next update we plan to adjust the handling of spaceship armor in order to better prepare your ships for Tau Ceti. A lot of your feedback went into this and we are optimistic it will turn out a proper update. Here is an overview of the design goals and the planned changes derived from them.

Design Goals

• Ensure that the prototype class ships (Parsecs & RavenDynamics ships) are the best spaceships in any star system.
  • Offer armor for Tau Ceti so spaceships can be upgraded properly.
  • Add more flexibility to armors so they can be freely adjusted to fit any star system.

Planned Changes

• Introduction of Tau Ceti armor for Parsecs, available through the existing Tau Ceti hangar.
  • Parsecs equipped with Tau Ceti armor become stronger than Ancient ships.
  • Ship levels are adjusted based on installed armor to better indicate ship strength.
  • Methanoid armor stats are increased for Draconis ships together with the ship level.
  • Armors gain the ability to be upgraded and downgraded after they have been purchased.
  • Include the armor price in the total selling price when selling an armor-equipped ship.
[...]
This "Tau Ceti" armor later was renamed "Ancient". It is not written what will happen with the current Sirius armor, but it is assumed that if "Methanoid armor stats are increased for Draconis ships", then Sirius stats for parsecs will be increased too.

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
this would be a logical step. One that, unfortunately, if we're making the Sirius armor lvl 75 (instead of the equivalent of 80 or 85, whichever it already was) i dont see them actually doing

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Is there any higher level ship you can be like level 90 or level 95?

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
Heavy artillery said:
Is there any higher level ship you can be like level 90 or level 95?
Maybe you should wait until update 4 for this. I think it will be possible then, but it s to early to talk about this here.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
It is expected to have new Tau Ceti ships when the system is completed. They should be of course of higher rank than current Ancient ships. From the beginning of game until the release of Sirius the top rank for players was raised according to the introduction of stronger enemies. Tau Ceti is still in development/beta stage.

tonyikego

Reaction score
I see on the Dinostorm forum that you are working on Big Update 2 (in closed testing with no release date yet). What's the status on updating Pirate Galaxy? We are 8 months into another year where we have been promised that the game would be updated. Unfortunately, this seems all too familiar. Please provide an honest assessment of when and if you intend to update the game.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Hey Devs what are you planning to do in the update after the armor update?
Also about the ancient armor. Is the armor buff only for the Parsecs or the sirius ships?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I suggest you read my previous posts. All your questions are answered there ;)

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Heavy artillery said:
Hey Devs what are you planning to do in the update after the armor update?
If i remember well, it should be the PvP Overhaul.
Heavy artillery said:
Also about the ancient armor. Is the armor buff only for the Parsecs or the sirius ships?
The ancient armor is only for prototypes ships (parsecs, ravens, emperor, hunter, ...)
EDIT: 1 minute too late µ_µ

POSITRON3

Reaction score
tonyikego said:
I see on the Dinostorm forum that you are working on Big Update 2 (in closed testing with no release date yet). What's the status on updating Pirate Galaxy? We are 8 months into another year where we have been promised that the game would be updated. Unfortunately, this seems all too familiar. Please provide an honest assessment of when and if you intend to update the game.

Hmmm if this is true that dev are again working in a Dino Storm big update, that is very unfair for us, I still don't believe that. I ask is true the Developers working in Dino storm again?

But let me ask again: It is true that Developers are currently working in Dino Storn again?

Please answer us that tiny and simple question.

null

Reaction score
You guys are working on Dino Storm again? Are you freaking kidding me? Where is our second big update for PG? Well I guess you can judge the future by the past. Sooo....I guess that we will be CLOSE to seeing something in 2017? LOL I'm calling on weekly posts regarding the DEV's progress for PG. Excusing regular posts informing players of the PG update progress, by saying that taking the time to do so would slow down the progress of the update itself, borders on the ludacris.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
DS Big Upd 2 question already answered here: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=522&t=38343&p=182777#p182777

null

Reaction score
HGus you are entirely too reasonable, thanks for your answer. Still, we gotta have weekly posts about the DEV's progress for PG. Not posting information about PG update progress, saying doing so would slow down the progress of the update is ludacris.

Betabot

Reaction score
Came back after 3 years of not playing Pirate Galaxy, and see that an update has been proposed for awhile. While it's great to come back and see that somehow the game has survived all this time, I feel like the public test should have happened by now, but anyways I head away from that topic.

I thought of a suggestion in coming back to the game. Could a simple timer be added to the Pilots profile under each individual booster, if there is one active. This would save having to open up the store screen, and shouldn't take to much to code into it, since it's a small adjustment in size and copied code from elsewhere.

Just a thought ^ Thanks.

null said:
HGus you are entirely too reasonable, thanks for your answer. Still, we gotta have weekly posts about the DEV's progress for PG. Not posting information about PG update progress, saying doing so would slow down the progress of the update is ludacris.
There was an update on the 25th, and there have been updates regularly throughout this topic at least. Not sure, if you are just missing them or what. It doesn't sound like they have a huge team, so this might be as much as they can do.

Edit: spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.