What's new

Ship Armor Adjustments #03

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanted

Reaction score
Also do you mean that siri armour can be bbuyed on parsecs from 75 then what is with the ancient armour at 85?
can you go in detail?thanks in advance

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
If you do a test on the PTR publicly, players who play in the portal will have access FaceBook?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
GOTIL0N said:
If you do a test on the PTR publicly, players who play in the portal will have access FaceBook?
Due to technical limitations only split screen players that have a pilot on askone can participate on the public test.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Highway said:
GOTIL0N said:
Due to technical limitations only split screen players that have a pilot on askone can participate on the public test.
Is there a problem if I create a portal account SS if only to enter the PTR when public testing done?

null

Reaction score
I hope this isn't more bread and circuses Highway. What day are you going to give us a update each week? What are you going to do about improving the consistency of information that the players need to have to feel like the game is worth waiting for? IE improvements, dates of updates, changes, and reasons for changes (which isn't discussed with players)? While you're waiting for the testing to finish, what's the progress you've made on Tau Ceti? Tell us about the planets, new ship classes, tech. Will there be more than just three planets? Heaven help us if there isn't lol. Will we have to have the Tau tech just to get tech in sirius, or will you allow the Tau tech to make things easier?

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
null said:
What day are you going to give us a update each week?
I may have missed something but at the moment you're the only one who ever spoke about a weekly report :confused:

null said:
reasons for changes (which isn't discussed with players)
Dev shacks, suggestions, feedbacks and public tests are fulfilling this purpose.

null said:
While you're waiting for the testing to finish, what's the progress you've made on Tau Ceti?
Actually, developpers aren't simply waiting for the testings to finish, they are testing & tracking bugs & correcting every bug found.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
GOTIL0N said:
Is there a problem if I create a portal account SS if only to enter the PTR when public testing done?
No problem. But try to build it up before the PTR is online, cause you enter with the level that you already have in Askone.

Spanish translation: "No hay problema, pero trata de hacerla crecer antes de que el PTR esté en línea porque entras con el nivel que ya tengas en Askone."

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
HGus said:
GOTIL0N said:
No problem. But try to build it up before the PTR is online, cause you enter with the level that you already have in Askone.

Spanish translation: "No hay problema, pero trata de hacerla crecer antes de que el PTR esté en línea porque entras con el nivel que ya tengas en Askone."
Ok, thanks for answering my question :D

null

Reaction score
Fra_592 said:
null said:
What day are you going to give us a update each week?
I may have missed something but at the moment you're the only one who ever spoke about a weekly report :confused:

null said:
reasons for changes (which isn't discussed with players)
Dev shacks, suggestions, feedbacks and public tests are fulfilling this purpose.

null said:
While you're waiting for the testing to finish, what's the progress you've made on Tau Ceti?
Actually, developers aren't simply waiting for the testings to finish, they are testing & tracking bugs & correcting every bug found.

I'm waiting for a Dev to answer my questions. Unless you're saying you're a Dev and using a player account to express your frustration at the forum members. I've noticed that your rebuttals to others in the forum, and myself , are harsh and condescending. Please work on talking across to people, and not down to them. Otherwise, we can always count on you to give a fast response Fra_592 lol. You seem to care about the game just as much as the next person, which are good qualities.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
null said:
I'm waiting for a Dev to answer my questions. Unless you're saying you're a Dev and using a player account to express your frustration at the forum members.
Not, i'm not pretending to be so, but these questions have already been asked and answered by Highway (sometimes multiple times) on this topic, so i simply quoted or rewrote what he answered. To answer the frustration part: i play games to relax, not to get frustrated, and it goes the same way on their forums. If i get stressed or frustrated by a game, i simply stop playing it and immediately forget it, so you'll never see frustration into my posts ;)

null said:
I've noticed that your rebuttals to others in the forum, and myself , are harsh and condescending. Please work on talking across to people, and not down to them.
I'm sorry if you got that feeling, but i'm not native english speaker (as says the "Fra" in my username), and so i may not be able to see what in my messages could leave that sensation.

null said:
Otherwise, we can always count on you to give a fast response Fra_592 lol. You seem to care about the game just as much as the next person, which are good qualities.
Trust me i'm much faster at asking questions after an announcement than i am at answering people :p

POSITRON3

Reaction score
In general I like the promises for the new update, I like images shared by highway. thanks for info. Now would be nice to have some info about TC. some new ships images. some new enemies images. some new planet images. some advance of the new tech, anything about the new war that is coming to us.

thanks.

null

Reaction score
POSITRON3 said:
In general I like the promises for the new update, I like images shared by highway. thanks for info. Now would be nice to have some info about TC. some new ships images. some new enemies images. some new planet images. some advance of the new tech, anything about the new war that is coming to us.

thanks.

I can't agree more.

S

suråj.pyrø

What is exactly the point in releasing armors for a system that's not even complete? :LOL:

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
Because it's for a system which is complete .. ?

Ancient armor is the 2nd armor of Sirius and will be also used to enter tau ceti ... ;)

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
suråj.pyrø said:
What is exactly the point in releasing armors for a system that's not even complete? :LOL:
They want to prepare the ships for the upcoming system.

In the time when Sirius was launched there was not a previous armor upgrade. Players entered the new system only with available ships from Draconis: Methanoid parsecs and Deluvian metas. Suddenly they realized to be too much weak, even in full squad. So five days later, after many compliants, Ancient armor for parsecs was introduced, and regular draco ships were allowed to install Methanoid armor. Even the enemies were rebalanced a week later, and armors rebalanced again in next month, besides a lot of bug fixes. Finally the current parsec armor system was released, with no advantages for Sirius players.

So the basic idea now is to avoid the mistakes of the past, and to make a final rebalancing for Sirius/Methanoid armors, adding the ability of reusing hulls, given their prices at that stage.

PS: I miss the old changelog system... :cry:

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
Excuse me. Sirius armor is lvl 75?!?!?! COME ON! you were supposed to make the armors STRONGER. That's what you said you were gonna do. Making Sirius Parsecs lvl 75 and Ancient Armor 85 sounds like the exact opposite of strengthening Sirius Armor.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Hello,
CaptSmiley said:
Excuse me. Sirius armor is lvl 75?!?!?! COME ON! you were supposed to make the armors STRONGER. That's what you said you were gonna do. Making Sirius Parsecs lvl 75 and Ancient Armor 85 sounds like the exact opposite of strengthening Sirius Armor.
That's what many players asked, but as stated in the very first pages of this topic:
Highway said:
  • Offer armor for Tau Ceti so spaceships can be upgraded properly.
Highway said:
  • Introduction of Tau Ceti armor for Parsecs, available through the existing Tau Ceti hangar.
  • Parsecs equipped with Tau Ceti armor become stronger than Ancient ships.
It seems that it has been decided from scratch to create a new armor usable in sirius, rather than doping the sirius armor far over R70's methanoid armor.
and a few pages later:
Highway said:
- The Tau Ceti armor for the parsec will be called "Ancient Armor" since naming it Tau Ceti could be misleading. Because this Armor will make the parsecs stronger than the ancient ships and therefore fully qualify as entry level ships for Tau Ceti. Parsecs will be able to play at full extend in Sirius with that armor installed, like you can play with the ancient ships, fully armored.
So, the sirius is 75, and the ancient is 85, BUT 85 means Sirius.
Just check at the shop:
  • Sirius items are 85.
  • Ancient ships are 85 too.
So basically, the Ancient armor is more like a "Sirius Advanced" armor, stronger than the Sirius armor, but designed for Sirius too.

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
CaptSmiley said:

Every advanced pilot knows that the current paersecs are not as useful as the ancient ships on the live server. The classification of armors makes things with balancing much more clear.
And they wont introduce a new armor when nothing would change in the final result.

To the comment of Fra_592: there is nothing to add :)

And Please: Dont judge about things you re not able to know. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

CaptSmiley

Reaction score
soooooo basically instead of doing what they should do and what they said they would do initially, which is strengthen all the Parsec armors, so that Parsecs are the best ships in the game from miz-Sirius...and TC when they complete it, what they've decided to do is weaken the currently existing armor even more, and instead of creating TC armor make another armor that is for Sirius. Instead of, idk increasing the HP of all the Sirius armors so that more than 4 Parsecs are actually good in Sirius.
In other words, in order to pretend that the devs have actually kept their word, i have to spend even more cryo on my ship.
Wow. Good job devs. That's a new low even for this game.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
TheWanted said:
Also do you mean that siri armour can be bbuyed on parsecs from 75 then what is with the ancient armour at 85?
can you go in detail?thanks in advance
The "Ancient" armour is the original "Tau Ceti" armour promised in the first post of the thread.

It was renamed later, to avoid confusion with the real armour for Tau Ceti: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?p=181694#p181694

CaptSmiley said:
Making the introduction of Sirius armor at lvl 75 doesn't mean that it will be weaker. It is only a restriction in lvl, not in strenght, just like upgrading of draco ships to Methanoid armor will be only available at lvl 75 (making them only Sirius ships). That means that you will need lvl 75 to upgrade to Sirius/Methanoid armor when you are in Jumpship hangar (currently you can upgrade just after getting the lvl 70).

Status
Not open for further replies.