What's new

PVP Overhaul #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

POSITRON3

Reaction score
Heavy artillery said:
POSITRON3 said:
HI there all, happy new year 2017 with out Tau ceti :(.

this pvp dev shack open on 26 oct 2016 more then 2 month and still no news about corresponding upgrade, so maybe in 4 more month we got this upgrade.

At this speed we will soon reach 2018 with out Tau Ceti. this is just a projection taking in account actual speed. case can be worst if they use more time in Dino storm as they normally did much time before.

I am very sad they left this great game so unattended and died slowly.
Highway did say this might be the last post about the PvP update this year but what I'm thinking you'll be surprised.
The update in my estimation is more likely to be around January 2017. Not only they're working on this update, but they are working on the other updates, it's proven because they showed us one of the Tau Ceti ships.
They're working on ALL the updates at once except they will be released at a certain order. However, in my opinion, I think the PvP update is just around the corner. :)

You're closer than you think, after this update, there is only one more update to go then Tau Ceti is there. I estimate that Tau Ceti is more likely to be released in June/July 2017.

The first dev shack was in January 12 2016 almost 1 year ago, and you think tau will be in jun/jul 2017, so after 3 year they needed 1.5 year more for add a simple new content? by all point of view that is simple unacceptable and by all point of view thas is very bad work. I can not still put more patience and I can not support in any way the kind behavior against this game clients. Much of you can still wait more, and try to be optimistic and try to keep hopes, but I am from the group that said we deserved other much better efford from game devs. From the beginning of 1 dev shack to now other completely year of the same. Sorry I can not be happy with this.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
POSITRON3 said:
Heavy artillery said:
POSITRON3 said:
HI there all, happy new year 2017 with out Tau ceti :(.

this pvp dev shack open on 26 oct 2016 more then 2 month and still no news about corresponding upgrade, so maybe in 4 more month we got this upgrade.

At this speed we will soon reach 2018 with out Tau Ceti. this is just a projection taking in account actual speed. case can be worst if they use more time in Dino storm as they normally did much time before.

I am very sad they left this great game so unattended and died slowly.
Highway did say this might be the last post about the PvP update this year but what I'm thinking you'll be surprised.
The update in my estimation is more likely to be around January 2017. Not only they're working on this update, but they are working on the other updates, it's proven because they showed us one of the Tau Ceti ships.
They're working on ALL the updates at once except they will be released at a certain order. However, in my opinion, I think the PvP update is just around the corner. :)

You're closer than you think, after this update, there is only one more update to go then Tau Ceti is there. I estimate that Tau Ceti is more likely to be released in June/July 2017.

The first dev shack was in January 12 2016 almost 1 year ago, and you think tau will be in jun/jul 2017, so after 3 year they needed 1.5 year more for add a simple new content? by all point of view that is simple unacceptable and by all point of view thas is very bad work. I can not still put more patience and I can not support in any way the kind behavior against this game clients. Much of you can still wait more, and try to be optimistic and try to keep hopes, but I am from the group that said we deserved other much better efford from game devs. From the beginning of 1 dev shack to now other completely year of the same. Sorry I can not be happy with this.
I'm sorry but if we keep complaining then that won't do any affect on the developer's speed unfortunately. I know how it feels but at the moment we can do nothing but wait. We can't really change much. In the past 4 years, the Devs haven't been working on anything for pirate galaxy. Right NOW they have started doing work. The reason it took pretty much half a year was because they needed to work on the Dinostorm update. That took about 5 months. In my opinion I'm thinking the PVP overhaul might be released in January/February. They needed the simple new content before Tau Ceti because when Tau Ceti is released the introduction updates will make Tau Ceti look better and maybe easier. I know it's difficult but we are still gonna have to wait unfortunately. :/

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
The relation between dev shacks and updates is not matematically linear. I support the hope of Heavy artillery. But anything that we can say about it is only speculation. Highway said that the devs are on holidays, that is reasonable. Heavy work on DS is over. Expect Tau Ceti more sooner than later. Cross fingers.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
HGus said:
The relation between dev shacks and updates is not matematically linear. I support the hope of Heavy artillery. But anything that we can say about it is only speculation. Highway said that the devs are on holidays, that is reasonable. Heavy work on DS is over. Expect Tau Ceti more sooner than later. Cross fingers.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
By the look of it, it does look like Tau Ceti will be released somewhere in 2017.

Mastian

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Mastian
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
Heavy artillery said:
By the look of it, it does look like Tau Ceti will be released somewhere in 2017.
:LOL: And what about never?

They are not working on Tau Ceti and most probably never start. One picture is no proof.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Highway said:
All the news TC ships are build from scratch and classified as "Neon" technology ships.

Hmmm, neon technology. The texturing looks a bit like Methonoid there's a lot of differences though.

Crowley2k

Reaction score
Highway said:
But with the release of Tau Ceti, it would even make it harder for new players to find help in the lower systems. Since they would all be playing in the Tau Ceti system.)
i think that's the problem the game lost so many new players over the years..

what we need is to let new players start from Draconis system at least, i know they will miss out the storyline but at least they won't quite because they won't find other players to play and chat with them

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Crowley2k said:
Highway said:
But with the release of Tau Ceti, it would even make it harder for new players to find help in the lower systems. Since they would all be playing in the Tau Ceti system.)
i think that's the problem the game lost so many new players over the years..

what we need is to let new players start from Draconis system at least, i know they will miss out the storyline but at least they won't quite because they won't find other players to play and chat with them
Unfortunately, higher players can't always be there to help. Sometimes, you just have to get past the obstacles on your own.

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
Can you please please PLEASE make setup available at game start screen !!!

Every new patch deaphens my ears and looks like a game from 1980's ...

Or even beter save bloody setup properly...

Every "Little" patch wil get me even less want to log in then ever ^^

(Browser setup)

Thank you !

K

Kyosarc

Hello LivlyGhost,

it would be really helpful if you could submit a ticket to our support with all available information related to this problem.

http://support.splitscreenstudios.com/

Thanks ;)

best regards

If you do not have a support account yet, please follow these steps:
- Visit http://support.pirategalaxy.com
- Click on "Register" and follow the instructions
- Check both your e-mail inbox and spam folders for an e-mail from the support system; click the link inside that e-mail to verify your support account
- Return to http://support.pirategalaxy.com and log in with your support account
- Click on "Submit a Ticket" and follow the instructions

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I think that LivlyGhost is asking for a "Settings" option in Login screen, to enable/disable sounds, change res, etc.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Haven't you noticed. Some of the Tau Ceti Pirates have armor alloys but in a different look. E.g The pirate Berserker is a Mutilator Parsec however, it has antimatter armor alloy but it's different to ours when we equip it to our mutilators. Wouldn't it be cool if our armor alloys can be switched in glowing in different areas of our ships so our ships would be pretty. My ships have fusion armor alloy and it would be good if we could have switch modes in what type we would want it to be in our ships. Another example is the pirate overlord, just like the pirate berserker, it has antimatter armor alloy in a different way and it suits the rare Gemini storm. Also the pirate engineer has iron armor alloy but on a normal Conquest ship, our iron armor alloy would be different. I found it quite difficult to explain the difference between our armor alloys and the Tau Ceti pirates. Wouldn't it be cool if on our ships we could have a switch between one of our armor alloy pattern and the Tau Ceti pattern style?

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Highway said:
Please post PVP unrelated suggestions in the feedback forum section and for bug reports please write a support ticket so that they can be fixed. Thx :)
@Heavy artillery: I think the point of making Pirates to look different in Sirius/Tau Ceti is for avoiding the confussion with player ships.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
HGus said:
Highway said:
Please post PVP unrelated suggestions in the feedback forum section and for bug reports please write a support ticket so that they can be fixed. Thx :)
@Heavy artillery: I think the point of making Pirates to look different in Sirius/Tau Ceti is for avoiding the confussion with player ships.
I'm surprised it will confuse players. When I'm playing in sirius and tau ceti I couldn't notice the designs in the pirates because I'm not looking close enough. How would you think they're players the only thing I can notice is the colour of the turbo engines the rest is just black. :LOL:

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
I think it is really important that if you get killed in PvP, you don't lose cryo. That also spoils the fun in PvP.
Also, like in the past, for another improvement players were saying it was a lot less stressful if you can switch pirate mode on and off,

Sharkassasin

Reaction score
COLOSSUS SUGGESTION

Good day,

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I would like to see colossus events be more frequent. However, the use of Sirius tech (lets use Vega System as reference) presents an unfair battle experience. Tech that is not obtained in Vega should not be allowed in a Vega event on colossus. Instead of banning ancient tech (which will be unfair for the ones that have them equipped) I suggest programming the effects of ancient tech to be equivalent to that of rares in the System (For example Vega Ancient Strong Blaster in a Colossus event will do damage equivalent to Vega Vendetta Blaster). This way a player who has only made it to Gemini can fairly compete in a Vega match on Colossus. Therefore making the game more fun and entertaining for all.

I true hope developers see this post and take it into consideration.

Mastian

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Mastian
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
Sharkassasin said:
For example Vega Ancient Strong Blaster in a Colossus event will do damage equivalent to Vega Vendetta Blaster
The vvb have less cooldown as the Vega Ancient Strong Blaster, so the vvb would be stronger than every ancient blaster, that isn't fainess.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
So does the landing protection last in a time limit or will it stay till you have your first shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.