What's new

PVP Overhaul #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkassasin

Reaction score
Mastian said:
Sharkassasin said:
For example Vega Ancient Strong Blaster in a Colossus event will do damage equivalent to Vega Vendetta Blaster
The vvb have less cooldown as the Vega Ancient Strong Blaster, so the vvb would be stronger than every ancient blaster, that isn't fainess.
Hmmm... I was actually unaware of the cooldown difference. however, is the difference in cool down really enough to compensate for the difference in strength?

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Sharkassasin said:
Hmmm... I was actually unaware of the cooldown difference. however, is the difference in cool down really enough to compensate for the difference in strength?
Only when comparing between Ancient flavours (normal, strong and rapid), not against rares. Normal Ancients are about 5% stronger than rares.

Heavy artillery said:
So does the landing protection last in a time limit or will it stay till you have your first shot?
Yes, time limit if no action is taken before.

Highway said:
The protection timer will get automatically deactivated after some seconds or when the protected player uses any skill or item (collector, afterburner, blaster,.. gravitons)

flyfighter

Reaction score
Any estemated release date/time? Or maybe scheduled open testbeta. We need a spark to relight the game its spirit again. more and more going inactive/searching for other games.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Why do we need an askone account for the public test?
It wouldn't be fair on others because they need an askone that is a high level. Not many people (including me) have a high level account on Pirate Galaxy askone server.
Is there a reason why it has to only be askone? (If answered, my apologies)

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Answered many times. ^^

The test server database is a carbon copy of a live server. They choose Askone for historic reasons (more experienced users, European availability, English language). I remember they took copies of other servers in the past for very specific reasons.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
HGus said:
Answered many times. ^^

The test server database is a carbon copy of a live server. They choose Askone for historic reasons (more experienced users, European availability, English language). I remember they took copies of other servers in the past for very specific reasons.
Fair enough.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
About the gold. Many people are also kind of annoyed that the only way to get gold is by buying them. wouldn't it have been better if we do challenging things which can earn us a fair amount of gold because we can't get gold at all except buying them.
In fact here are some good ideas. :)
-Rare cryo-Wouldn't it be nice if enemies you kill drop rare cryo which is 10 times the amount than average. Many struggle hunting for cryo, especially trying to get a full amount (3.6 million) it would encourage a lot of players when they are hunting.
-The war-score ladder can be improved, people who are moving up division can earn at least 1-5K gold or maybe more. Obviously there should be a fair way to earn gold because in many other games, there are specific resources that are difficult to earn but can also be bought.
-Chest-In my opinion I think it is quite more exciting if dead enemies can drop a mystery chest. It can contain literally anything inside (if you're lucky it would be really good) like for example it could be a thousand gold or maybe a lot of cryonite (depends which place you're in) or even an energy pack.
It would be much more thrilling if you add that to the game.

The rewarding system can be improved because it can make PvP more entertaining.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
LOL, do you know the concept of "gold fever"? Thing about it. :sneaky:

flyfighter

Reaction score
Rare cryonite is good idea, said many times but no reaction on it. But i think those other two ideas of urs eventhough they are a good addition to the game, can be exploited very easily. Killing ur buddy over and over and ppl that share acc for highest warscore.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
You'd be surprised but many say the TC ship looks like a scorpion.
At first glance I thought it was a granite.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Speaking of which, is there going to be a public test like the last update?
Is the next Dev Shack near?
Are you and the Developers off holidays and back to working in the game because there are many who sent tickets due to some problems.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
The most logical thing is to do the public test as the last time, of course, the testers have to give the "good" that there is no error, as the last time there had to be a closure of all servers :confused:

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Hi, many questions:
1) How we can take skills to win with normal's BPs a pilot with rare BPs?
2) How 'the premium only items' don't affect the PvP? What is planned about it?
3) Are planned get rewards by win CQs (apart of the gravitons), Colossus tournaments, and PvP?
And now questions about Tau Ceti:
1) How many you can expect we have to wait for it?
2) How many story planets we can expect? (or how many story missions)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
gonzaabel said:
Hi, many questions:
3) Are planned get rewards by win CQs (apart of the gravitons), Colossus tournaments, and PvP?
And now questions about Tau Ceti:
1) How many you can expect we have to wait for it?
2) How many story planets we can expect? (or how many story missions)
On the second question about Tau Ceti Highway is not allowed to give you the details on that unfortunately. But what I heard so far like "we have big plans for Tau Ceti" mean it's going to be a big system like sol more likely

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
The real question we're focusing on at the moment is if the PvP update is nearly finished because i am possitive we might know that it might come in about 15-25 days.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
gonzaabel said:
Hi, many questions:
Highway said:
Even out the steep strength increase between different levels of equipment in PVP, so that players can use skill to overcome better equipped players.
It is not clear, but it seems that effect of equipment will be different in PVP than PVE. Like high level tech suffering some kind of penalization (slower, weaker...) or low level tech getting some boost (faster, stronger...) when fighting other players and behaving normal against NPCs.

gonzaabel said:
Highway said:
Ensure that “premium only” items do not affect PVP activities.
"Premium only" items are those bought only with gold. It includes armor alloys and boosters. I guess they won't be accounted for PVP.

The other topics haven't been revealed yet.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Time for a Dev Shack reply ^^ and a happy new year to you.

Heavy artillery said:
The real question is will there still be more Dev shacks after you've done all the updates?
Absolutely, since we want to keep you updated on the development of Pirate Galaxy.

Sharkassasin said:
I would like to see colossus events be more frequent. However, the use of Sirius tech (lets use Vega System as reference) presents an unfair battle experience.
gonzaabel said:
Yes its planned that colossus offers battles for different techs on a regular basis. In addition to that it is planned that winning players get rewards out of it. Using Sirius items are not a huge benefit over the rare versions. Still It can give you an edge when fighting similar skilled players. We are aware that some Sirius item variants are not correctly balanced what will be looked at in the sirius adjustement update.

flyfighter said:
Any estemated release date/time? Or maybe scheduled open testbeta. We need a spark to relight the game its spirit again. more and more going inactive/searching for other games.
As the current state of the update we plan a public PTR In January/February and if everything runs smoothly we release it shortly after. Since the update is quite complex from the internal structure the public PTR might be open for a longer period of time.

gonzaabel said:
1. HGus had provided a good response. We have currently a system in place that counters the steep strength increase curve to flatten it for PVP. This ensures that a better item is always better but the difference between them is way smaller. Tricky though and requires several iterations until it feels good, especially since some ships are a bit off the default balancing conventions. We might need to adjust those ships for PVE as well.

2. All items that could only be acquired with gold will have no effect on during PVP interactions.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
After the update is finished will it take a while to schedule the next Dev shack?

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Many things aren't clear for me. I think it can see better in the PTR.

About the gold items: Actually only affects the speed booster. Because the damage deflector and the fire boosters are only for PVE. And I don't see well deactivate the speed booster during the battle. Because the pilots buy it over all for the PVP. so my suggest in a nutshell: this point should be like it was now. Nothing changes about it.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
gonzaabel said:
Because the damage deflector {is} only for PVE.
Wrong.
It was obvious when we had global 150% damage deflector that it worked on orbital strikes in PvP.

Status
Not open for further replies.