HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
POSITRON3 said:
null said:
You guys need to make Tau Ceti your first priority. The game seems to be getting more and more quiet each week.

agree on that, I recommend pospone any other upgrade and priorize 100% tau ceti one now. otherway it will not end well. Just chek your last event with great global booster and still with that game continue getting more empty each day.
In Dev Shack #2:

Highway said:
Let us give you a brief outline on what is planned with regards to Tau Ceti related updates and in what order we are planning to release them.

1. Ship Armor Adjustments
2. PvP Overhaul
3. Sirius System Adjustments
4. Tau Ceti System
5. Player Controlled Invasions
That means that a Tau Ceti update needed this adjustments (better introductory armor, etc) because the new system design won't fit in current behaviour.

Heavy artillery said:
Tau ceti is above sirius, is there going to be Tau Ceti Ancient tech?
In Dev Shack #3:

Highway said:
I can not give you details on that now, but we will ensure that the ancient tech is needed to progress in Tau Ceti. But that's a topic for the upcoming dev shack. Same for the PVP stuff.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
How come Splitscreen and Gamigo had to seperate?
If Gamigo was there they would have done even more things for pirate galaxy.
If answered before, I apologize.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
What do you mean? They are still there http://pirategalaxy.gamigo.com/en/

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
HGus said:
What do you mean? They are still there http://pirategalaxy.gamigo.com/en/
That was there a while back I meant they moved on from pirate galaxy and are not developing the game with splitscreen.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Coming back to the topic, are there any news? :eek:

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
HGus said:
Coming back to the topic, are there any news? :eek:
Agreed, nearly 2 months are there anything to show us?

null

Reaction score
It says that they're doing a game update, but all it shows is the event on Friday lol. An event isn't a game update as a player would define it. It's just the DEV's getting ready for the event, putting the necessary stuff where it needs to go.

Posted by Highway » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:42 am

Game Update December 14, 2016

Between 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM UTC+1, the game servers will shut down for a new game update to be deployed. For a full list of changes, see below!

IMPROVEMENTS

Preparations for Christmas Event 2016

BUG FIXES

Fixed issues that could cause the game client to crash

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Even if it is only for bug fixes, it is an "update". This thread is for discussing the next "upgrade" (an update that adds new content). We all already know that the Xmas event code is already included in the client, but they need to update the server database for the new stash content (if any). By the way, as with past raven and halloween events, neither event in the middle actually means that development in PVP Overhaul was stopped. ^^

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Don't get me wrong but they're probably doing it but won't say anything else till it's done.

null

Reaction score
The way that the post was put together made it read as if it was the next step in the game. Upgrades and updates can be interchangeable. So it was on topic. My comment was about what I had seen that was upcoming and new in the game. Players were asking about PG's update or upgrade progress since nothing had been said for 2 months +. I was stating that that was the only new thing I saw.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
null said:
The way that the post was put together made it read as if it was the next step in the game. Upgrades and updates can be interchangeable. So it was on topic. My comment was about what I had seen that was upcoming and new in the game. Players were asking about PG's update or upgrade progress since nothing had been said for 2 months +. I was stating that that was the only new thing I saw.
I know, the only screenshot they showed us for the PvP Overhaul update was the CQ planet but if Highway replies in the PvP Overhaul dev shack then he is more likely to show us another screenshot (in my opinion).

POSITRON3

Reaction score
we are getting more of the same, much, much promise and very very low work for accomplish it. 1 more year and we are near in same spot 4+ year ago. soon we will be asking for tau cety saying we was waiting for 6 year.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
It would be nice for anything (screenshots) to be shown before Christmas lol.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
How the hell do you want to screenshot
Highway said:
  • Make PVP more entertaining for players with different ship and item levels.
  • Avoid giving premium items an unfair advantage in PVP.
  • Balance the risk & reward mechanic for participating in PVP.
  • Even out the steep strength increase between different levels of equipment in PVP, so that players can use skill to overcome better equipped players.
  • Ensure that “premium only” items do not affect PVP activities.
  • Make Colossus (PVP Battle Planet) available more often.
:?:
In my opinion the only screenshottable thing in here was the sirius CQ planet :confused:

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Fra_592 said:
How the hell do you want to screenshot
Highway said:
  • Make PVP more entertaining for players with different ship and item levels.
  • Avoid giving premium items an unfair advantage in PVP.
  • Balance the risk & reward mechanic for participating in PVP.
  • Even out the steep strength increase between different levels of equipment in PVP, so that players can use skill to overcome better equipped players.
  • Ensure that “premium only” items do not affect PVP activities.
  • Make Colossus (PVP Battle Planet) available more often.
:?:
In my opinion the only screenshottable thing in here was the sirius CQ planet :confused:
Exactly.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Please be something new -_-.

Steckdose

Reaction score
I must admit that I was not convinced at all about the further (at the time I quitted paused) development of this game. Nevertheless, the Ship Armor adjustments gave me new hope for this game, because they are also good for new players, something this game has not plenty of.

The first advantage is, that pilots in Draconis can enjoy the best possible armor (except Parsecs/X-Ships) while they are still on their story missions. If you just hang around in the orbit while others complete your missions, this does not matter, but for those players who actively participate on these missions or even try them alone or to those who like to seek rare blueprints and have more than one ship per system, it is a huge quality of life adjustment.
Not to mention the increased Methanoid-Armor on Draconis ships, which sadly can no longer be used for Draconis missions, but makes the first weeks in Sirius without an appropriate ship fair bit less dangerous. I just wanted to add, that from my experience, the best ships (except Parsec-class ships with at least Sirius-Armor) to get started in Sirius are the Tank(best survival), the Engineer(most useful when in group) or the Defender(most useful when alone), the other three offer low hp, low damage and low defense tools. But that is not part of this discussion.

About PvP, I think that with the introduction of Ancient Strong tech and the reduction of ship armor relative to damage dealt by weapon techs and hostile NPCs (to make Sirius a content only for groups of players) , there is, if you take the time before Sirius, which is a long time ago, as reference, an imbalance between the weapon power and armor which results in duels, where the one who has no stun or no defensive tools to survive until it is over (or to ignore it completely), or the one with more luck (if using rockets without aim computers) or the one with always hitting weapons who does not need luck, wins. Regarding CQs, it results in so much damage that there is no time for the healing mechanics to get to work (all healings in PG are HoT (Heal over Time) and not instant) and perforators on AoE-damage users which make shields on low hp ships less effective than before.
I did not have much CQ- or duelling-experience in the last time, therefore I do not claim to be correct. This is just my point of view about PvP in Pirate Galaxy which caused me to focus on the PvE part of the game.

Regarding instant heals: Do you have that feature planned for Tau Ceti ships? There is sustained damage (Blasters, Attack Droids, Thermoblasts, to a certain point also Sniper Blasters and Rockets) and sustained heal (every existing heal aka Repair Droid, Target Repair, Repair field, Repair turret) und burst damage (Aggrobomb, Sticky Bomb, Mines, Orbital Strike), but no burst heal. There are burst shields, but there is no burst heal.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Steckdose said:
Regarding instant heals: Do you have that feature planned for Tau Ceti ships? There is sustained damage (Blasters, Attack Droids, Thermoblasts, to a certain point also Sniper Blasters and Rockets) and sustained heal (every existing heal aka Repair Droid, Target Repair, Repair field, Repair turret) und burst damage (Aggrobomb, Sticky Bomb, Mines, Orbital Strike), but no burst heal. There are burst shields, but there is no burst heal.
Unfortunately they are goind to give those details on the other dev shacks.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Hey devs in the Christmas event loads of us are getting really annoyed. You won't be surprised if i say this but the stash mission is really unfair.
For example one of my buds told me they destroyed 10 stashes and in the 10 they only got 1 distruptor BP and 1 cooldown drones and the rest are gravitons.
What i've also noticed was if i get a bp and not a graviton, this would either be:
-A fenix shock
-A cooldown drone
-A devision drone
-A hunter parsec
The funny thing is these are the only bps i have already got and all day today i was doing the stash and i got nothing but gravitons and the bps i put in the list.
I didn't get any parsecs bps today like the mutilator, the hybrid or distruptor. What would really good or to make it a little bit easier for us is maybe if you can increase the chance of parsec because not just me but all of us are getting things we don't really need much and even empty stashes but the fact this keeps happening make me feel as if it isn't worth hunting for these stashes.
I'd be very very grateful if the chances would increase by a bit.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Heavy artillery said:
Hey devs in the Christmas event loads of us are getting really annoyed. You won't be surprised if i say this but the stash mission is really unfair.
For example one of my buds told me they destroyed 10 stashes and in the 10 they only got 1 distruptor BP and 1 cooldown drones and the rest are gravitons.
What i've also noticed was if i get a bp and not a graviton, this would either be:
-A fenix shock
-A cooldown drone
-A devision drone
-A hunter parsec
The funny thing is these are the only bps i have already got and all day today i was doing the stash and i got nothing but gravitons and the bps i put in the list.
I didn't get any parsecs bps today like the mutilator, the hybrid or distruptor. What would really good or to make it a little bit easier for us is maybe if you can increase the chance of parsec because not just me but all of us are getting things we don't really need much and even empty stashes but the fact this keeps happening make me feel as if it isn't worth hunting for these stashes.
I'd be very very grateful if the chances would increase by a bit.
Uhmmm, it's strange, I already have everything that comes out in this event, although I have also helped, and I have not seen any problems, and also complaints from those who have helped, it may be the matter of bad luck :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.