What's new

PVP Overhaul #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyfighter

Reaction score
Like ur idea's and honesty Null. Keep it up, im a fan! Brilliant idea on merging servers for some increased activity.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Mastian said:
daniel48090 said:
Aggression Bomb: In both PvP and PvE to do more damage based on the lost life of the ship that launches. (According to my understanding, it is a component used last resort).
Aggrobomb isn't like Isaaks selfdestruction, it's an offensive gear and not for kamikaze attacks.
Why should a tank detroy his own ship? That's crazy.
See, it's like daniel said, he sees it as a last resort, plus you do not hear anything bad, as your ship has less life, the greater the damage done by the same

daniel48090

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Artix
Rank
Mastian said:
daniel48090 said:
Aggression Bomb: In both PvP and PvE to do more damage based on the lost life of the ship that launches. (According to my understanding, it is a component used last resort).
Aggrobomb isn't like Isaaks selfdestruction, it's an offensive gear and not for kamikaze attacks.
Why should a tank detroy his own ship? That's crazy.
I'm not talking about a self-destruction. I just indicated that the less life to have the ship that activates the bomb will attack more damage. Something similar as with Cortex Ifrit. :)

null

Reaction score
Highway, I got my information from Facebook Game Room. It says that there are 7,700 active players for Pirate Galaxy. By the way, you warned me for posting quotes the way you did on your post where you asked me where I got my information, just sayin'.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
null said:
Highway, I got my information from Facebook Game Room.
A good way to know the active players in any server is going to the last page of "Entry division" in Ladders, just before the weekly evaluation (monday morning). Of course, it doesn't count the players that logged in without making any warscore point (no activity or in low systems). Then add the fixed quantities for the other divisions (that can have players with zero warscore waiting for evaluation). None of those values can give you an exact number for all the game, as many players share time over several servers and some just are newcomers that won't come back the next week. Players not in divisions 1-10 that didn't make any warscore are not showed in "Entry..."

null

Reaction score
Well, Facebook doesn't have a vested interest in the population count. If it did, you would think that it would inflate the population number and hold it steady if people stopped playing. It's likely a representation of how many people play per week. I feel like it's the best way to go as population count is concerned. Looking at your response is confusing. For you, it's the best way for getting an idea of active players. Your explanation of how to carry out your idea seems contradictory. you say its the best way to get an idea of how many people play per week. Then you say that it's not reliable? Maybe we're somehow describing the same process to get a mean score, and facebook has already done the work for us. Providing a mean score of how many people play per week.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
I think Facebook knows how to count people, that's part of their services, so their counter is probably one of the most reliable ^^ . But just remember that not everyone plays via facebook, especially the old accounts (2009-2011). Ladder could be quite reliable for div 1-10, but not for entry divions IMO.

null

Reaction score
Fra_592 said:
I think Facebook knows how to count people, that's part of their services, so their counter is probably one of the most reliable ^^ . But just remember that not everyone plays via facebook, especially the old accounts (2009-2011). Ladder could be quite reliable for div 1-10, but not for entry divions IMO.

You have no idea how bad I hope you're right. I'm a big fan of the game and hope it goes on forever.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Fra_592 said:
Ladder could be quite reliable for div 1-10, but not for entry divions IMO.
Actually, in some very low populated servers (like Aeria), you can see players that do not play even some years ago in lasts divisions, just because the system puts in lowest rows the more recent players when they have the same warscore, but "Entry..." only shows players that logged in since the last weekly evaluation (including zero warscore, I did a mistake in my previous post)

Edit:

Interesting, after writing that, I spent some minutes to check the ladders, these are the current figures for "Entry" division. Three hours before evaluation on European servers, nine hours on American ones. The numbers between parenthesis are for players that did at least 1 warscore point.

• Askone: 415 (352)
    Korell: 410 (386)
    Trantor: 182 (160)
    Aurora: 349 (314)
    Kalgan: 250 (200)
    Solaria: 297 (239)
    Gaia: 952 (850)
    Aeria: 242 (174)

Add to every server the 275 players distributed along the divisions 1-10...

null

Reaction score
Wow 4,938 active PG players, so if anything, facebook game room was being kind.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Are you planning the sirius cq ship to be unique from the others? (Giza, keops or Osiris)

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Question, will you request testers for this update just like the previous one?

null

Reaction score
These are questions for the DEV's. If Split Screen would give us, the consumer, constant progress reports on the game, it would go a long way to retaining the currently active players. Honest questions, why doesn't Split Screen advertize Pirate Galaxy? The server I'm on gets more and more quiet each day.Why does Split Screen only have 6 developers for 3 games? Why didn't the DEVS put Tau Ceti at the top of the list of things to finish building? I mean PVP is important but not 4 years late important. What message does a company send if they once had tens of thousands of players and now has around 4,938? Or, what messages are your consumers sending you if you once had tens of thousands of player and now have around 4938? I don't know if it's on purpose or not, but it just looks like you guys are neglecting and or killing your own game.

POSITRON3

Reaction score
null said:
These are questions for the DEV's. If Split Screen would give us, the consumer, constant progress reports on the game, it would go a long way to retaining the currently active players. Honest questions, why doesn't Split Screen advertize Pirate Galaxy? The server I'm on gets more and more quiet each day.Why does Split Screen only have 6 developers for 3 games? Why didn't the DEVS put Tau Ceti at the top of the list of things to finish building? I mean PVP is important but not 4 years late important. What message does a company send if they once had tens of thousands of players and now has around 4,938? Or, what messages are your consumers sending you if you once had tens of thousands of player and now have around 4938? I don't know if it's on purpose or not, but it just looks like you guys are neglecting and or killing your own game.

I can not said better than this. 100% agree with null.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Yeah to be honest it would be a good idea to advertise it and put it in adverts trust me, a tone of new players will join.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Currently PG relies on word-of-mouth advertising. Think in Facebook users sharing achievements of the "invite friends" feature. In the past they used the "partner driven" advertising, letting Aeriagames, Gamigo or other portals advertise the game by their own.

null

Reaction score
At least on my server, a lot of people don't know about the raven dynamics 3rd event on the 18th of this month. For all players, it would be best to get advertisements two weeks early, at this point one week would be nice. All ya gotta do is put it on the pirate galaxy news, in-game. You can't just advertise on your forum and in-game, you have got to get the news out there about your event and your game on different sites. Please, please, please, put all the servers together, you gotta fake it until you get the player count up, more people, more clans, more PVP. You have nothing to loose at this point, accept more players and money.

I can't say this next part enough, BUILD Tau Ceti. A lot of the players that left don't trust your company since you blew us all off for the last four years. Then build the Lagrange Singularity. Trust needs to be built, this is the way to do it. GET OUT OF YOUR GROUP THINK AND LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS!!!

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Are you planning to post screenshots of the conquest planet in sirius and maybe the the landing zone and the map. Also does the planet collapse like the others?

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
hektor.barbossa said:

1 day - 5k energy
2 day - 5 gravitons
3 day - 25k cryonite
4 day - 25 gold
5 day - 8k energy
6 day - 50k cryo
7 day - 10 gravitons

Or somthing like that....Will be nice for new like old players i think.
Its will be nice day on game when you start and get present :)
This might be too much for low level especially the 50k cryo. Again though the reward you get everyday for logging in should start super low but should increase as you level up. This might be a good suggestion Highway.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
1. Hey Highway what level do you have to be to get the Tau Ceti Ships? Not only that but possibly tech.
2. Also, is there a new planet in Tau Ceti that you are planning to make and if you are, are most bps found in the new planet.
3. Are there any new enemies you are planning to make in Tau Ceti.

Status
Not open for further replies.