Kapljeu

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
kalpeuwasnaked
Rank
null said:
When I think of pirates, I think that anyone should be fair game. What pirate would not attack someone because they are in a little fishing boat for example? I can't see them saying, "Oh man, they are a LVL 60, I guess I can attack them." RED should always equal dead for everyone. It would be entertaining to be able to pull people out of hyperspace to fight a person from any clan. There are lots of clans that would LOVE that, and there is money to be made with that idea. Also, allowing fights to take place in orbit.

Could make it so players could turn off foul language instead of having it policed. I think the system now in place, is extremely subjective. Having players police players in any game is a money loser. If a player/gm is given the ability to give a rival clan a bad day, that's too much power. If being less patient one day causes the player/gm to punish someone more harshly, that's too much power. Policy policing should be done through a third party person through ticket and skreen shots.
I am absolutely the same opinion!
But remember, there is no need to make battles in Orbit because some guys hide there. They will find another place to Hide. But your idea of pulling someone to a fight is good. What about a function that allows you to force somebody and that guy will not be able to leave the Planet/star system unless one of you got killed by the other one. That would allow those who complain because they got killed by a bigger ship to get a revanche with equal tech. But this only makes sense if you can only force Pirats, otherwise there will be players that permanently force you for hours.
And if someone is forced to a pvp that guy will automatically land on surface after 3 minutes to prevent the forced player to be afk in Orbit. Maybe also fuse this with the idea of a 1vs1 request, that so many players have wanted. Means if you force somebody it is a guaranteed pvp that noone else can participate in except you and your enemy. You will not be able to go orbit while forced and you will always see the location of your opponent on Map.

Turn off foul language has worked perfect in many other games and will prevent many pointless tickets. That would be a great addition for the game.

null

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on my comments,good ideas. I agree that my ideas would need some fine tuning to make them actual options for the game. Where is Tau Ceti? Why isn't that the first priority?

TAU CETI needs to get finished NOW! People have been slowly leaving the game, 2 months ago the number of active players was 10k+ now it's 7,700 players. We need more energy than 10.5k, 20 to 30k is ideal for Lvl 85. All the servers need to be joined. I play another game that put all their players on one server. It seemed to improve play and looks to improve the possibility of keeping players from leaving. In this case, chat would need to be expanded to have sub-headings for different languages. People getting banned for speaking different languages is ridiculous at best. The rule in question is another example of the game having too many rules that are harmful, like the examples here to for mentioned, and are enforced subjectively. Which seems to be a part of people leaving, and is hurting the game's ability to make money .

I can't believe you guys/aka DEVS, changed the cryo drop rate and frequency during the middle of the event, at best, that was a bad idea. I give this event the official worst event yet seal of approval lol.

skyslide

Reaction score
what about to set some bounty on some maybe "hated" person´?
as example i hate a person, i can set a bounty on him, that everyone can see in maybe a bountylist?

if i bet 50.000 cryonite, maybe some players will hunt him...
if the players killed my hated person they will get my bet from 50.000 cryonite,
or they ignore my bet of cryonite, blueprints or sth else? and earn the bounty as points in Kapljeu's ranglist
just with some bonus, maybe 200 or 300%?

you also can set a bounty on a white player, if you set the bounty on the white person, he should be red for a limited time, lets call it "escape the bountylist" time like 3 days´?

there should be a rule for maximum on bounty set on a WHITE player, well so you cant "spam" him to be always red....

some players will be long time white after they got their wish, like i killed you, now you cant kill me (well that makes no sense but well we spawn in the pod, we dont die xd)

pls

tandm.hudson

Reaction score
True PVP requires aiming skills not point and lock on target, As with many games that are full time PVP that are out now all work this way. And I think it would be a bit more of a challenge if AI system worked that way as well.
So this makes things a bit more fair for free to play players VS players that buy all the upgrades. That will not mean a thing if you cant hit the broad side of a barn. :D

daniel48090

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Artix
Rank
Greetings pilots!

In my particular I have many ideas on setting player versus player.

But I want to know directly developer are so willing to make changes on this issue, I do not want to present an idea that will not be taken into account because it is very difficult to do for you.

An example of my suggestions and ideas to make changes: (They are in Spanish, to translate and indulge in reading them)

* Part I: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30772
* Part II: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=31179
* Part III: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35112
* Part IV: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35127
* Trading System: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34245

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Gladiator said:
Some ship Systems are not doing equal things in Relation to each other if you have a look at strong, agile and normal bps.
Best example is the thermoblast. They are all doing nearly the Same damage, but the Cooldown of the strong one is 3x higher.
This we will look into it during the "Sirius System Adjustment" Phase. :)

HGus said:
Exup said:
I like this idea, so 2 separate leader boards, one based on PvE one based on PvP :)
1. And splitting the current ladder system, with a separate ranking based on achievements...
2. About conquest planets for sirius tech, will you take the unused sol planets? (Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune)
1. Yes the ladder is something we want to improve, but this might be handled later on for the "Player Controlled Invasions".

2. The Conquest planet is planned to be located close to the wormhole in the Sirius system.

Heavy artillery said:
By the way i'm guessing that's the storm in the picture. :)
Looks a lot like the scorpion hybrid.
All the news TC ships are build from scratch and classified as "Neon" technology ships. Therefore I just can say, that the ship on the screenshot might not be a storm class ship. ;)

null said:
2 months ago it was 10k+ now it's 7,700 players.
Where did you get your numbers from ? ;)

V1-Hyper said:
Highway said:
Planned Changes

• Even out the steep strength increase between different levels of equipment in PVP, so that players can use skill to overcome better equipped players.
Very intriguing. I can see how this could be accomplished without causing any confusion to the player.
We plan to keep the PVE balancing unchanged and instead only add a system that balances itself out based on the players and tech involved on PVP combat only. We want that it feels good to play in pvp even if the tech is far apart from each other. The player should still feel superior to low tech players but not yet overpowered so that the lower tech player still has a chance to use his skill or to team up with equals to overcome the high tech player. Ideally the system works completely on the item levels and difference in HP/Damage.

Thanks for all your feedback and ideas related to the PVP of the game. So far we can see that many of you are providing ideas related to the pirate mode bounty system. It supports our assumptions that the bounty system requires an improvement to properly integrate in the game mechanics. We keep you updated as we progress working through the ideas and development.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
WOW neon you guys really did make something amazing I love the look of the blasters and by the way i'm guessing that's a new tech maybe and electric blaster or something, I like the sound of what you're all up to.

1. Also if the CQ planet is planned to be located next to the wormhole, how will we get there if we are in the fifth ring no where near it, are you planning an extra range zone near the CQ planet so we can either be next to our jumpship or the CQ planet?

2. When you and the team said that you will all be full force on Pirate Galaxy updates after finishing DinoStorm update, does this mean that it will take about 1-2 months for each update becuase it took about 5 months for the Ship Armor Adjustments update?

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
I want to see designs Tau Ceti tanks, the tanks passionate me, leaving one side is

In the planned updates of the game, do not mention anything about a trading system, this will be treated someday ?, even though the pvp is fudamental part pirate, it is assumed that trade also, what kind of pirate does not sell ? :confused:

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Things for PVP gonna become much better I see. :)

But as you spoke about the Ancient weapons (strong/long etcetera) that it will come with 'Sirius Adjustments' but not current 'PVP Overhaul'. I think many players wanna see changes according all those techs (stuns + buff weapon strenghts) and this can be a good combo with other PVP stuff because alot players uses these Ancient techs during PVP.

All the news TC ships are build from scratch and classified as "Neon" technology ships.
Interesting ship information, can't wait for more! :)

Maybe some good changes for CQ's, like some planets could use new CQ mode or use the empty Sol planets for new events. Like Capture the Flag, where during a CQ an Alliance must hold a certain location to gain points.

Last thing, I was wondering with the rescalling weapon strenghts will that also mean that damage on players ships will be lower so pvp can take on bit longer? (new armor did already a great job but was just wondering if this will do it some extra)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Vigilante said:
Therefore I just can say, that the ship on the screenshot might not be a storm class ship. ;)
So it's a Storm! :devilish:
Might be a stun-storm lol. Look at the "unknown blaster" besides rockets, it looks like it shoot a shock rocket.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Heavy artillery said:
1. Also if the CQ planet is planned to be located next to the wormhole, how will we get there if we are in the fifth ring no where near it, are you planning an extra range zone near the CQ planet so we can either be next to our jumpship or the CQ planet?

2. When you and the team said that you will all be full force on Pirate Galaxy updates after finishing DinoStorm update, does this mean that it will take about 1-2 months for each update becuase it took about 5 months for the Ship Armor Adjustments update?

1. Thanks for pointing that out. We are planning to add an additional option to directly jump from the draconis wormhole to the one in sirius. With that players are able to participate in CQ even when their jump ship is far away.

2. It means that that we are quicker in development overall but how long an update takes really depends on the complexity and the amount of work that is involved to finish them. We plan to put out updates as soon as possible without sacrificing quality.

GOTIL0N said:
In the planned updates of the game, do not mention anything about a trading system, this will be treated someday ?, even though the pvp is fudamental part pirate, it is assumed that trade also, what kind of pirate does not sell ? :confused:
Trading currencies or items between players is a difficult subject. We would love such thing, especially like some ideas posted here that Cryonite can be recollected in PVP kills etc. But there is a big problem with that. Some items are inflationary (eg. Cryonite) and it must be ensured that a low level player does not get pushed by this trading.

-Decimator- said:
Last thing, I was wondering with the rescalling weapon strenghts will that also mean that damage on players ships will be lower so pvp can take on bit longer? (new armor did already a great job but was just wondering if this will do it some extra)
Yes that is most likely to happen, especially when the level difference between the players is higher.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Highway said:
GOTIL0N said:
Trading currencies or items between players is a difficult subject. We would love such thing, especially like some ideas posted here that Cryonite can be recollected in PVP kills etc. But there is a big problem with that. Some items are inflationary (eg. Cryonite) and it must be ensured that a low level player does not get pushed by this trading.
In the trading system if the cryo is too much for a low level and spoiled then heres an idea.

Level 1-10 you can get maximum of 1,000 cryo.

Level 18-25 you can get maximum of 3,000 cryo

Level 25-35 you can get maximum of 7,500 cryo

Level 35-45 you can get maximum of 11,500 cryo

Level 45-60 you can get maximum of 15,000 cryo

Level 60-70 you can get maximum of 25,000 cryo

Level 70-85 you can get maximum of 50,000 cryo

Level 85 you can get maximum of 100,000 cryo

You can only get trades once a day.
That might be an idea.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered

1 day - 5k energy
2 day - 5 gravitons
3 day - 25k cryonite
4 day - 25 gold
5 day - 8k energy
6 day - 50k cryo
7 day - 10 gravitons

Or somthing like that....Will be nice for new like old players i think.
Its will be nice day on game when you start and get present :)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
About the conquest ship in sirius, will the armor be increased by a lot due to the damage of the sirius tech? And maybe the size because the leader needs to look like the strongest but sirius ships are pretty big and might make the conquest ship not that big maybe for sirius conquest ships you can get deluvian armor.

theinquisitor

Reaction score
hektor.barbossa said:

1 day - 5k energy
2 day - 5 gravitons
3 day - 25k cryonite
4 day - 25 gold
5 day - 8k energy
6 day - 50k cryo
7 day - 10 gravitons

Or somthing like that....Will be nice for new like old players i think.
Its will be nice day on game when you start and get present :)
Agree!!!

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
null said:
When I think of pirates, I think that anyone should be fair game. What pirate would not attack someone because they are in a little fishing boat for example? I can't see them saying, "Oh man, they are a LVL 60, I guess I can attack them." RED should always equal dead for everyone.
But a pirate would prefer to hunt a galleon full of gold (high bounty) instead of a little fishing boat full of fish (low bounty). For that reason I proposed in an early post a system based on relative techs for the bounty.

null said:
the servers need to be joined. I play another game that put all their players on one server. It seemed to improve play and looks to improve the possibility of keeping players from leaving. In this case, chat would need to be expanded to have sub-headings for different languages.
... and different channels for different languages were already implemented in Dino Storm and Steel Legions!

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Hey Devs have you planned any new classes when it comes to Tau Ceti System?

daniel48090

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Artix
Rank
Highway said:
Gladiator said:
Some ship Systems are not doing equal things in Relation to each other if you have a look at strong, agile and normal bps.
Best example is the thermoblast. They are all doing nearly the Same damage, but the Cooldown of the strong one is 3x higher.
This we will look into it during the "Sirius System Adjustment" Phase. :)
I understand this part of your response and I wish you really well review the components (each).

My proposal is as follows for setting PvP:

Changes needed in how technology works PvP and PvE. It is very important to consider because currently there is no logical equilibrium in terms of different types of ships.

Example of improvement for some technologies:

Shield: Absorption critical in PvP damage, I mean it is not possible to hit critical in the life of the shield. In PvP the perforator should not drill completely to strong Shield ancient, would have to share the damage at 50 and 50. In PvE the shield can be improved to decrease recharge time based on the number of shots received during combat.

Taunt: In PvP the opponent can not select another enemy than to that launched him taunt. In PvE taunt should review the work properly (currently not very functional).

Aggression Bomb: In both PvP and PvE to do more damage based on the lost life of the ship that launches. (According to my understanding, it is a component used last resort).

I have other ideas, but I would like to receive an answer as possible that might be what I am proposing.

Mastian

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Mastian
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
daniel48090 said:
Aggression Bomb: In both PvP and PvE to do more damage based on the lost life of the ship that launches. (According to my understanding, it is a component used last resort).
Aggrobomb isn't like Isaaks selfdestruction, it's an offensive gear and not for kamikaze attacks.
Why should a tank detroy his own ship? That's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.