Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sopor Aeternus
Rank
Clan
NoMansClan
PvP Overhaul

I totaly agree with Dark77100. The link he posted has the most answers you seek.

Conquest Sirius

Wouldn't it be better to put that planet in Tau Ceti ? We still are in sirius tech ( ancient ). So, untill Tau Ceti is ready for release, you can test all you need there and it will not affect alot in that system.

Tau Ceti Ship

I realy like to see you people start doing alot of stuff for us but....like a player said, looks alot like the scorpion ship.
You guys have all the blueprints of any ship in the game, change stuff on it or redo the complete design.
There are tons of designs you can use or even modify the original design to your likings.
Please, make awsome ships. It will be in everyones benefit... and we....
We will be all fired up :D

Anyway , thumbs up. realy like to see more ;)

jlinares

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
SPIRIT_POWER
Rank
Hello,
I have a second idea for the PvP :

Colossus.
The staff can create a little program that opens Collossus automatically every other day with a random technology (Vega or Antares or ...etc... or Sirius) and a random type of fight (royal battle or squad battle)
;)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Hey Devs, do you know the ships we use. Sometimes when the blasters show it can ruin the look of the ships. I'm not saying all of them but some of them. For example, the rare vega storm. You put the blasters and rockets at the front of the ship but in my opinion it would be better if you would have put the blasters at the back. I mean at the left and right side of the wing. Also when blasters or rockets tend to be a little too big for the ship, that also spoils the look of the ship. What else make the ships a little ugly is the blasters and rockets having arms. when they're equipped in some ships it doesn't suit them because it makes them look bit spread out. Some of the ships are fine or good like the Punisher or the Myst it suits them but ships like the Easter sol shock it does not suit. Make the lasters show but in some ships you can be able to make the arms of the blasters and rockets not show.

You could possibly make that in future updates.

V1-Hyper

Reaction score
Highway said:
Planned Changes

• Even out the steep strength increase between different levels of equipment in PVP, so that players can use skill to overcome better equipped players.
Very intriguing. I can see how this could be accomplished without causing any confusion to the player. The exponent of the power function by which all weapon strengths grow with tech level and across the systems, would be reduced. It's like a shallower straight line in a log-plot for the weapon strength while the player ship armor line remains as steep as before.

But it'll require lowering the power function that governs Mantis Hitpoints by the exact same amount, in order for PvE combat to remain unchanged.

Equivalently (because everything is relative :D), the power function of Ship HP could be made steeper while leaving weapon power function unchanged. But here, Mantis weapon power needs to be raised in sync for PvE to remain as is.

thrustssc

Reaction score
Ist das Wirklich euer Ernst nach 5 Jahren so ein Schiff raus zu hauen ?? Geilomat einfach nen Spoiler auf irgend ein vorhandes Schiff drauf und fertig ist das TC Schiff OMG erst dieses Absolut grandiose HW event und dann noch das Schiff ich bin wirklich begeistert ............... ich glaube eure Kreativabteilung ist wirklich .. *zensiert* . :oops: :oops: :oops:

GalacticDeastroyer

Reaction score
I have a problem with this new update on the lvl of ships and the lvls of tech that or put on everything.
I know that you guys did this to stop the pushing of players through systems and i think that the lvl put on tech and ships should be taken down.
Instead of putting lvls on the tech and ships based on armor i was thinking that you put a minimum lvl to do sms.
If sms have a minimum lvl requirement then there is no way a player can be pushed passed it without meeting the needed lvl
For example the minimum lvl requirement could be the same as top lvl tech on the same planet.
This would make it so that new players must have reached that lvl and since they are that lvl they would automatically buy top tech on each new planet.
This is a better way to go, instead of preventing top lvl players from using their top system tech on lower system planets like using sol sniper on mars sms or lustra tech on terasa sms.

Kapljeu

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
kalpeuwasnaked
Rank
What about introducing a Ladder Ranking like in PVE, but with no Divisions. So that everybody can compete.
You gain Points with killing pirats and the Points increase with the ship level you killed.
And since i saw many Posts that are Complaining about Pilots who kill others with higher system Tech.
Why not enable everybody to kill everybody? Since it is a Pirat Game it does not make really sense that you can't kill every other Player. Pirats didn't say: "Oh thats a Trading Ship, we can not attack that."
Just enable those who switched on Pirat mode to kill also those who didn't. And in reverse enable every player to kill the Pirats. And if some Pirats kill 'White Players' there will be set a Bounty on them and if somebody else(no matter if pirat or not) kills the Pirat he gets the Bounty added to the Ladder ranking Points as well as a (lets say 300%) bonus because he killed a Pirat could also be a Cryonit reward(10k or 20).
Maybe also add a extra HoF part with Killed Players(and also show that value in pilots Profiles) to show who is the most dangerous Pirat.

Means:
- Whites(no pm activated) can not attack Whites
- Reds(pm activated) can kill Everybody
- Everybody kann kill Reds
- Whenever a Red kills a White a bounty will be set
- Whenever a White kills a Red he gets the bounty added to the ladder ranking points and a insane Bonus for killing a Pirat
- The Title 'Pirat' would finally earn the fear that it deserves and the Game would fit its Name of an insecure Galaxy of Pirats.

If the Game is Called Pirat Galaxy then enable the Pirats to be Pirats instead of idiots that everybody is laughing at. And of Course make the Galaxy finally full of Pirats and not full of Farmers. ('Farmers in Galaxy', sounds boring)
I have played multiple games that are working like this and they got much more active players, so maybe all those things so many players are afraid of, is simply FUN!

Now to another Point:
Earlier, owning a cq planet gave the whole Clan some bonuses. Why not bringing that back?
And enable a Clan that owns a Planet to defend it. Whenever registration phase for a planet ends there will only be one Clan choosen that can attack the Defenders. If the attacking Clan wins they own the Planet and its bonuses. And the Defenders will not get that 1000 point Bonus for winning a cq(they didn't pay with logfiles so why giving them gratis points for nothing, but they will earn that 1000 points when they payed with logfiles before defending their planet ).
The aim of this is stopping clans that hoarded thousands of logfiles, to just buy their first spot and get the skull.
And it will as well make CQs more attractive and more clans will participate.

If many of you are thinking now: "Is that guy crazy? I am already crying and whining even if i get killed in pm now and he wants to enable pirats to kill me if im not in pm."
I got an Advice for you: Use button 1 and shoot back! I never heard of a case where somebody was Texted to death.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Hey devs about the cq planet in sirius. How will we get there if there are 5 rings that have collapsing planets and spawning planets? Where will the cq planet be?

katana33

Reaction score
It will be so awesome if you make this all real soon.. especially about making pvp 100% non pay to win :)
go on guys , u are cool :3

serebus

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Serebus
Rank
Now im one of those ppl that could not care less about pvp overhal or not, im still waiting for new content (missions and stuff).
acording to this quote

Since new PVE content is still some time off
i have to wait a bit longer, BUT i wont, i got 20some days left of my membership and then im most likly gone for good, been here sins november 2009, and the way i read that quote tau cety is 6 - 12 months away whits is unexepteble to me, but as usual what players want is erelevant to what devs are thinking.

about content: that suposed TC ship in that photo is just modified or mixed up claw/scorpion hybrid whits is just lazy work, u guys need to come up whit something new like when sirius ships came out, totally different than had been before, but who cares what i think i most liky wont be here to greed them anyways.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
serebus said:
Now im one of those ppl that could not care less about pvp overhal or not, im still waiting for new content (missions and stuff).
acording to this quote

Since new PVE content is still some time off
i have to wait a bit longer, BUT i wont, i got 20some days left of my membership and then im most likly gone for good, been here sins november 2009, and the way i read that quote tau cety is 6 - 12 months away whits is unexepteble to me, but as usual what players want is erelevant to what devs are thinking.

about content: that suposed TC ship in that photo is just modified or mixed up claw/scorpion hybrid whits is just lazy work, u guys need to come up whit something new like when sirius ships came out, totally different than had been before, but who cares what i think i most liky wont be here to greed them anyways.
TOTALY AGREE

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Hi,

Kapljeu said:
Means:
- Whites(no pm activated) can not attack Whites
- Reds(pm activated) can kill Everybody
- Everybody kann kill Reds
- Whenever a Red kills a White a bounty will be set
- Whenever a White kills a Red he gets the bounty added to the ladder ranking points and a insane Bonus for killing a Pirat
- The Title 'Pirat' would finally earn the fear that it deserves and the Game would fit its Name of an insecure Galaxy of Pirats.
I definitely fell in love with this idea, to me it sounds that it should always have been like that. :p
I would simply add:
  • No malus for white getting killer by red (no cryo loss, maybe free rematerialization);
  • A red killing a red should get his victim's bounty too
  • There should be a system to avoid red sirius to camp white Vegas doing missions, such as not allowing reds to shoot on a white lower-lvl ship, but whites should have the possibility to use higher tech against reds.

Kapljeu

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
kalpeuwasnaked
Rank
Fra_592 said:
A red killing a red should get his victim's bounty too
Oh i think i didn't make that clear enough.
Of course everybody will get the Bounty bonus if he kills a Red, no matter if he is Red or White :)

danniel.noggle

Reaction score
how about when a pilot pods from a PVP he person who pods loses no cryo from the fight, thats what i want lol

Kapljeu

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
kalpeuwasnaked
Rank
danniel.noggle said:
how about when a pilot pods from a PVP he person who pods loses no cryo from the fight, thats what i want lol
That is not related to PvP. If you want this, the next thing would be no cryo penalty when you die in PVE.
A better Idea would be to inverse that idea: When you Pod you loose cryo and you are able to recollect a part of your dropped cryo. Why not enable the pilot that killed you to collect the other part? since you are not able to collect it anyway there would be no more problem if you get killed, but it may motivates you to kill others. There is just the Problem with Cryonit vaults....

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
When we want to farm, instead of grinding all day. We can redo story missions and we can still get cryo even though we've done them. You should make the rewards a lot bigger about 20-25K cryo. Instead of us wasting time all day grinding harvs we can redo story missions getting chunks of cryo completing them. Reply if you think this is a good idea.

Challenge planets: (Phobos and Arkon)

Planets like them require a lot of survival, however, if you do really well, you get nothing. It would be good to change that if you do really well you get loads of cryo as reward because right now, loads of us are struggeling to get cryo even I am.

null

Reaction score
If fights become equal no matter the tech and ship, I don't know why anyone would be motivated to get stronger tech. What then would be the purpose of grinding for stronger ships? I think this idea will hurt the game economy. Allow players to buy a ninth slot for their ships, that can only be used to balance the ship being used I.E. punisher can only use a shield, stun, agro beacon or some kind of repair. Shock ships can use a defensive part or a weapon part to add balance.

When I think of pirates, I think that anyone should be fair game. What pirate would not attack someone because they are in a little fishing boat for example? I can't see them saying, "Oh man, they are a LVL 60, I guess I can attack them." RED should always equal dead for everyone. It would be entertaining to be able to pull people out of hyperspace to fight a person from any clan. There are lots of clans that would LOVE that, and there is money to be made with that idea. Also, allowing fights to take place in orbit.

Could make it so players could turn off foul language instead of having it policed. I think the system now in place, is extremely subjective. Having players police players in any game is a money loser. If a player/gm is given the ability to give a rival clan a bad day, that's too much power. If being less patient one day causes the player/gm to punish someone more harshly, that's too much power. Policy policing should be done through a third party person through ticket and skreen shots.

Kapljeu

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
kalpeuwasnaked
Rank
I just had another Idea:
The Mines should probably changed in the way they work.
Atm they are just like: "Oh look there is my target but wait, i'll have a cup of tea at first... Ah right i should attack him... look how fast i can move... hey there target, you want some tea?...oh right let me count down from 10 and then maybe i will explode..."
I think you all know what i mean. If you aren't in massive trouble, you can easily get rid of them by just shooting them while they take their eternity of time until they explode.
So why not changing the detonation mechanism:
-They will immediately explode if your ship comes in close range
-They will head much faster for you and explode immediately (point 1) instead of moving around your ship for a while
That will stop mines getting smashed by rocket,bombs or OS aoe before they can deal damage.
And of course improve the use of Defenders in Pvp. With this changes you can use the mine like an Aggrobomb because as soon as you drop it on your enemy it will detonate.
Of course if you are incredibly skilled you are still able to shoot them, but you wont get another chance if you take too long in aiming or your blaster misses.
And imagine the use in cqs: Endles lines of Mines could work as border if there is no tank with a aggrobomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.