What's new

PVP Overhaul #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concerned Pilot

Reaction score
seen a few red names reading the posts everyday since it was released but guess no one wants to comment on a proposed solution / compromise from Splitscreen

POSITRON3

Reaction score
In spanish forum a pilot ask for an interesting change in game. he propose that the crio don't need that we take from floor , only we need to kill the NPC and get the crio instantly in ours accounts. that sound very good and it will do the game much less tedius /boring. I don't see any problem or negative point in implement this kind of update to the game. taking from floor 1000 crionite is not challenging, is only very boring/tedius. So is posible doing that ? I suppose it was proposed before? if yes why was that not implemented? if mayority of games this kind of stuf was already eliminated

TEPPA HOBA

Reaction score
I didn't understand this joke. You cannot get experience from any NPC whose level is 8 points less than yours, but your Sirius ship is stuns by the weakest stunner in the game. So now your armor level is means nothing, rigth? Why player's stun devices can't do the same then?

I have reconciled with previous update, it was difficult, but I've reconciled. I've chose speed instead of armor, because a Long Afterburner doesn't work well with Ancient armor (and when the ship is slower, the device is more useless). But I'll never deal with this update. The so-called "PVP" update broke all the PVE system. Adding "moar challenges" in game where's only 50% of success decides the skills and knowledge, and another 50% - the chance, I think it's a bad idea. If I want challenges I'll just launch the game where's all 100% of win depends on player's skills. But PG... here's the main challenge is time, your time which you wasting for BP's. And making harder an old NPCs will not make the game more interesting. Only more stress, less joy.

Rbell116

Reaction score
well, this is a crappy update. players dropping out of game. some just quitting because of the latest update..
Myst are no good anymore for sirius, aim scramblers don't work like they use to,, armor is terrible now, blasters no good anymore.. we use to be able to take out anubis, and giza's solo.. which was good when no one was online to assist.. not anymore... way to go guys.. no more money from us!!!!!! you should fix this and fix it fast. before the rest of us decide to move on to another game as well

flyfighter

Reaction score
Good to see those black granites are negatively affected by this update. That ship is boring as .... Nothing more boring then a black granite. It does not do anything extra in a squad. And what is the fun in podding giza solo anyway. Giza's stay on the planete and u can just wait for ppl to come online to help you pod the giza. All those tank ships bleh!!

Damage and engi ships revolution!!!!!!!

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Dev shack 5 schedule? Any date/time where you know you can have it finished>

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and information on bugs you all have given us on the latest PVP update. Your input is valuable and important to us; even the pieces of feedback that were very negative show us that you care about the game a lot and hope for further adjustments.

We have been collecting and will continue to collect feedback over a longer period of time because we think that our understanding of how the update works (or does not work) for you will profit from the learnings that emerge over time. This was also the reason we did a one week long public PTR test open to all players for testing the changes “before release” and provide feedback afterwards. When the week was over we found that many of you had logged in and played, but only a few had left feedback. Few complaints led us to believe that the changes were widely accepted.

A core issue for you right now seems to be that acquiring the Sirius blueprints has become more difficult with the update. This was an unintended side effect—we had not planned on making Sirius BP collecting harder, especially because our upcoming “Sirius Adjustment” update is set to make BP collecting FASTER! In the next Dev Shack we will present our plans in greater detail. We think you will like them :)

To those who don’t know what we are talking about, let us try to explain why collecting Sirius BPs is more difficult now. While there are multiple contributing factors, one issue stands out: Before the update, mines could be used to gather pieces of intel quickly and in large quantities. With the mines’ altered behavior this kind of excessive intel farming is a lot more difficult to pull off. Truth be told, we had no idea you guys had super-charged Giza spawns this way!
Another factor is that Ancient items are now properly balanced so that all their variants (Long, Strong, etc.) are equally strong when you look at them from a “effect/damage per second” angle: Whether these items dish out their effect in a strong burst or in a slow trickle, in the end (by the time they can be used again) they will have dealt the same amount of their innate effect. So there no longer are items that are superior to their related variants in numbers, there’s only a “best for the job”—it comes down to a tactical choice.
We hope you understand that we had to weaken some items that had been immensely overpowered by mistake; there would have been no way for us to include these bugs in a proper balancing.

We are working on a small update that will address Sirius BP collecting as well as some additional bugs and balancing issues. We are trying to release it as quickly as possible. Here is a brief overview of some of the issues addressed in that update, among others:
  • Mine detonation & activation radius will be reduced to make it easier to destroy them with a blaster.
  • Stunning behavior in PVE is currently not working as intended and will be fixed.
  • Adjustments to Colossus’ time schedule for improved accessibility of battle events.
  • Adjustments to Sirius conquest times in order to prevent overlaps with other conquest times.
  • (Already live) Fixed incorrect PVP limitation info text for Fire-power Relay & Damage Deflector boosters.
  • Repair Turrets instantly healing nearby ships when they were moved will be fixed.
  • Players can support other players playing a mission the supporting player is not—will be fixed.

Please believe us when we say that we still really care about Pirate Galaxy and its community. A big part of the effort that goes into each update is used to find a sound middle ground that as many of you as possible can agree to—and eventually, enjoy. We hope we will keep hearing from you about our updates and in our next Dev Shack: “Sirius Adjustments”!

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Are each of these dots minor or major? Eg the bullet points on the beginning of this dev shack was all major and took a while to get done.

turkoxsary

Reaction score
What they have to do is to leave so much updating that it is not good for anything that was good before the update of the configurations and take out new systems that is what people and every pilot is waiting for 5 years thanks.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
turkoxsary said:
What they have to do is to leave so much updating that it is not good for anything that was good before the update of the configurations and take out new systems that is what people and every pilot is waiting for 5 years thanks.
Read up the previous dev shacks to know that there are updates required before we can releasing tau ceti.

flyfighter

Reaction score
Good evening,

Here is some honest feedback again. Hope you don't get insulted, im comming with good intentions to make this game shine again eventhough i got disappointed so many times.

One
"highway" When the week was over we found that many of you had logged in and played, but only a few had left feedback. Few complaints led us to believe that the changes were widely accepted.
If you organise a public test you should make sure you have added all the things that you were planning on changing. I cannot remember the mines being changed in that ptr. I had the impression that loads of stuff was changed in the time between the ptr test and when the update came live. Things we could not have spotted in the ptr!

And besides that if we post feedback it would be nice to get a reply once in a while. The main goal of a post is to make sure you read it, but there is no way to tell if u actually do cos we never get replies on them. Luckily we have a few players posting replies once and then to give you the feeling you did not waste all of ur time writing a post, but the person who you actually want to reply never does :(

Two
"Highway" A core issue for you right now seems to be that acquiring the Sirius blueprints has become more difficult with the update. This was an unintended side effect—we had not planned on making Sirius BP collecting harder, especially because our upcoming “Sirius Adjustment” update is set to make BP collecting FASTER!
Sirius should be a challange, a teambased system where you need a good group of experience players and good friends to efficiently shoot stuff. I like the fact that sirius is being made harder, make the giza's even harder again. Ancients with less hp but more suprice attacks and damage to kill you! The only thing that i think should change is the risk/reward factor. I think cry is decent but the blueprintdroprate kills loads of fun and makes sirius truly a grind for bps, especially when ur whole clan needs the same bps from giza's.

Three
"highway" Truth be told, we had no idea you guys had super-charged Giza spawns this way!
To be honest thats quite sad, its widely known within the community that we spawn gizas that way. I'm scared of other things u might not know aswell. How can you update something without knowing ur own game? Maybe start playing ur own game again cos this game is still amazing, and when you have insight from within u can easily spot things that could be improved and loads of cool things that could be added (Feedback topic!!).

Four
"Highway" Please believe us when we say that we still really care about Pirate Galaxy and its community. A big part of the effort that goes into each update is used to find a sound middle ground that as many of you as possible can agree to—and eventually, enjoy. We hope we will keep hearing from you about our updates and in our next Dev Shack: “Sirius Adjustments”!
I do believe you, but sometimes its so hard to tell. As you hope you will keep hearing from us about our updates, I hope that you will invest some more time in actaually caring about the community. Atleast a weekly respond and i realy hope that you will invest some time in reading the feedback topic and giving ur opinion once in a while.

Conclusion
I hope you invest some time in re-exploring ur own game to see how good it actually is and get up-to-date with the ins and outs of the game again. Would be a great investment and a good fundation to ur updates. Spend some time in getting in touch with ur community again.

and last but not least i'm looking forward seeing what ur plans are for sirius.

Greatings,

Fly

Concerned Pilot

Reaction score
how can you move onto the next update without sorting out the major flaws in the last one.

you say the armors are balanced in sirius now this i do not see.

if your in a punisher shooting and ignome surley fully armored both should have the exact amount of armor and blaster power. The fire power any of the ancients ships currently shoot with does not reflect the fire power or any know blaster in game or armor level. Even before the last update the armor levels were still weaker than the ancients ships we shoot so I suggest maybe its not players thats over powered but the enemies we shoot. Balance all that out properly and your onto a winner.

you would expect and enemy ship to be equipped with the best blue tech on the planet from where it is from. if you get gold or ancient bps then yes this should be more powerful than the mantises that you shoot as gold bps take years to collect and ancient bps take even longer so yes this is a fair thing as its reward for the years wasted collecting.

Concerned Pilot

Reaction score
Also why is a pilot ship much smaller than the enemies - Punisher vs ignome etc is maybe 1/4 the size. Its not true what they say Size really does matter

tonyikego

Reaction score
Highway said:
Before the update, mines could be used to gather pieces of intel quickly and in large quantities. With the mines’ altered behavior this kind of excessive intel farming is a lot more difficult to pull off. Truth be told, we had no idea you guys had super-charged Giza spawns this way!]

Not throwing rocks here, but it seems that you guys don't play your own game. Therefore it is not surprising that, the latest update has made the game far less enjoyable for me. If the game isn't interesting or fun enough for you to play, I can understand why you make changes that in my opinion hurt the game.

Additionally, four years of doing nothing with Tau Ceti is quite disappointing. Yes I have read all the reasons you have stated for this delay.

I've been told by a gm that if players are unhappy with the update, it is our own fault because we didn't spend many, many hours documenting the update's shortcomings and newly created problems.

I play this game for fun. Now I'm being blamed for your update making the game less fun. Less fun means less time playing the game and less gold purchased.

Concerned Pilot

Reaction score
GM's are Players they are supposed to be the middle link between other players and Devs for issues. If a GM cannot relay this when they too are pilots and would know all the issues that there pilot clans faces and the challenges before them Then why does this Game have GMS other than to be chat police.

Green

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
GreenSpider
Rank
I cant belive that you have no plans about highspeed Giza farming if you have a look about players how farming this Bps much more than other things
By the way Clan Jumping is good for this :x :x :frown:

Public test of one week for an upcoming update by the way for SSS Acc!!!! is not enough.
In my opinion release your upcoming updates at the PTR from the beginning for all players and for longer period.

But we will see what is coming with your changes that you planning about this update.

Bug:

If you get healing or speed actuators from another player they see all things that you shoot
Blueprints, Cryonite.
When he do nothing only support things then for example the Interceptor change the attack from you to him.

Thanks for a answer after a lot of news of players.

And please it would be nice to get a reply once in a while after feedback from players dont wait.
Make a short answer not more.

MFG GreenSpider

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Concerned Pilot said:
how can you move onto the next update without sorting out the major flaws in the last one.
Who told you they wouldn't sort them before? Most of them are actually heavily linked to sirius, and we already had a few patches for first bugs that were reported, i do not think they'll forget the other ones.

Concerned Pilot said:
if your in a punisher shooting and ignome surley fully armored both should have the exact amount of armor and blaster power. The fire power any of the ancients ships currently shoot with does not reflect the fire power or any know blaster in game or armor level.
I agree that sirius NPCs have insane HPs, but sirius was meant to be a "fleet challenging" system so that was legit.

Concerned Pilot said:
you would expect and enemy ship to be equipped with the best blue tech on the planet from where it is from.
Take a technatoria Pyro. Eat its thermoblaster only.
Take a gemini storm with best blue thermoblaster. Eat his thermo only
Proceed the same way with ancient ignomes and fully armored punisher with kenyte thermoblaster.
Oh wait, player items are actually way stronger than mantis items.

Most people are already complaining that mantis are hard to kill, but you want to buff their weapons? Personnally i would love that, but i'm not sure everyone would - killing an odion would be as hard as duelling a hunter ^^

danidank2

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
S K Y
Rank
Clan
SPACE X
hola como estan primero que todo quiero contarles mi inconformidad con las nuevas actualizaciones que se instalaron el 16 de marzo de el presente año 2017, pues hay muchas cosas que no nos han gustado ha por cierto soy del servidor gaia. pues por decir son algunas cosas que pues no se si se corregiran al transcurrir de los dias.
y quiero referirme precisamente a los componentes como (señal de interferencia,protectores, paralizadores y demas componentes que ya ni sirven ademas de las naves arcanas que ya no resisten un carajo en sirius) antes con la señal y el prote lo eran todo en una niebla ahora es un asco hasta una escuadra de naves vega puede matar una jodida niebla y eso no es logico osea se supone que una tecnologia inferior no deveria aserle daño a una mayor y mejor, ademas de que las naves de altos sistemas como draconis y sirius ya son paralizadas hasta con un paralizador vega y eso como dije no es logico yo se que talves equilibraron eso como para que los mata mpks ya no se vurlen de los pks pero es que esto es el colmo enserio, este juego es genial a mi me encanta pero si la van a seguir cagando de esa manera mejor no pongan nada por ejemplo la señal de interferencia arcana ptt hasta en marte te dan y los protectores no demoran nada puestos, pero eso si que demoran enfriandose, si ban a poner algo que ni sirva mejor ni lo coloquen porque es como si no lu tubiera uno puesto
perdon por algunas palabras malas dichas pero es que esto ya no me lo aguanto
gracias

Armageddon

Reaction score
flyfighter said:
Two
"Highway" A core issue for you right now seems to be that acquiring the Sirius blueprints has become more difficult with the update. This was an unintended side effect—we had not planned on making Sirius BP collecting harder, especially because our upcoming “Sirius Adjustment” update is set to make BP collecting FASTER!
Sirius should be a challange, a teambased system where you need a good group of experience players and good friends to efficiently shoot stuff. I like the fact that sirius is being made harder, make the giza's even harder again. Ancients with less hp but more suprice attacks and damage to kill you! The only thing that i think should change is the risk/reward factor. I think cry is decent but the blueprintdroprate kills loads of fun and makes sirius truly a grind for bps, especially when ur whole clan needs the same bps from giza's.
Sorry. But, since it has been harder even members in my (big) clan are put off by the mines becoming more difficult to shoot.

You cannot always shoot with others all the time and I and many others had great fun when you WAS able to do things yourself.

Agreed, it can be MORE FUN with others (not to mention quicker). But shooting with others is now being forced on us.

Armageddon

Reaction score
Highway said:
We have been collecting and will continue to collect feedback over a longer period of time because we think that our understanding of how the update works (or does not work) for you will profit from the learnings that emerge over time. This was also the reason we did a one week long public PTR test open to all players for testing the changes “before release” and provide feedback afterwards. When the week was over we found that many of you had logged in and played, but only a few had left feedback. Few complaints led us to believe that the changes were widely accepted.
When I tested PTR I was under the impression it was a PVP update and very little changes to PVE would happen. EVERYONE was pretty much testing PVP and Sirius CQ. This is why you had little feedback, there was very little issues with PVP.

Highway said:
A core issue for you right now seems to be that acquiring the Sirius blueprints has become more difficult with the update. This was an unintended side effect—we had not planned on making Sirius BP collecting harder, especially because our upcoming “Sirius Adjustment” update is set to make BP collecting FASTER! In the next Dev Shack we will present our plans in greater detail. We think you will like them :)
Definitely, the mine's new behaviour has put me off.

Your extreme balancing of AIM scramblers have really put me off playing. People still died a lot with their "overly powered items", but now we are dying more - in PVE. :)

It is more effort to kill units, more energy needed and it takes longer for cryonite to drop because you're constantly going through your skills because you've nerfed them a lot.

Highway said:
To those who don’t know what we are talking about, let us try to explain why collecting Sirius BPs is more difficult now. While there are multiple contributing factors, one issue stands out: Before the update, mines could be used to gather pieces of intel quickly and in large quantities. With the mines’ altered behavior this kind of excessive intel farming is a lot more difficult to pull off. Truth be told, we had no idea you guys had super-charged Giza spawns this way!
Another factor is that Ancient items are now properly balanced so that all their variants (Long, Strong, etc.) are equally strong when you look at them from a “effect/damage per second” angle: Whether these items dish out their effect in a strong burst or in a slow trickle, in the end (by the time they can be used again) they will have dealt the same amount of their innate effect. So there no longer are items that are superior to their related variants in numbers, there’s only a “best for the job”—it comes down to a tactical choice.
We hope you understand that we had to weaken some items that had been immensely overpowered by mistake; there would have been no way for us to include these bugs in a proper balancing.
I still disagree with the extent scramblers and shield's have been nerfed, but at the very least you could have scaled back the enemies a bit.

Highway said:
We are working on a small update that will address Sirius BP collecting as well as some additional bugs and balancing issues. We are trying to release it as quickly as possible. Here is a brief overview of some of the issues addressed in that update, among others:
  • Mine detonation & activation radius will be reduced to make it easier to destroy them with a blaster.
  • Stunning behavior in PVE is currently not working as intended and will be fixed.
  • Adjustments to Colossus’ time schedule for improved accessibility of battle events.
  • Adjustments to Sirius conquest times in order to prevent overlaps with other conquest times.
  • (Already live) Fixed incorrect PVP limitation info text for Fire-power Relay & Damage Deflector boosters.
  • Repair Turrets instantly healing nearby ships when they were moved will be fixed.
  • Players can support other players playing a mission the supporting player is not—will be fixed.
I am not sure tweaking mines alone will keep me renewing my boosters, because of the nature of Sirius you seem to be creating - forcing teamwork, giving no options BUT to work with others, and I have definitely found myself playing much less since the 16th March update.

Highway said:
Please believe us when we say that we still really care about Pirate Galaxy and its community. A big part of the effort that goes into each update is used to find a sound middle ground that as many of you as possible can agree to—and eventually, enjoy. We hope we will keep hearing from you about our updates and in our next Dev Shack: “Sirius Adjustments”!
Thanks for listening and asking for more feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.