Not open for further replies.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
About sirius, I wouldn't say it's crap because the sirius system adjustments might fix it and might even make a version of rather good want you to solo individually instead of clan. (you're strong and the enemies are weaker than you) don't be too surprised if your ship are weaker, you weren't meant to do this alone.
The only problem that annoys me is we have small e field spot. An enemy can very easily get close enough and start shooting us. Much worse, boss units and ds some times pass through e field spots.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Sure, this update affects PvE at least as much as it affects PvP. To the one asking for the changes in PvP: shields/scramblers/aim computers/buffs/landing protection/automated colossus & cryo rewards (no cryo vault sadly)/no more oneshoot/stuns/protectors/defender/rebalancing ships/low-level balancing system, especially punisher and emperor. The list is nearly the same for PvE, i know ^^ From what i've tested on colossus, now a red pilot farming WM can fight back or flee from any attacker, and same-tech pvp is much more balanced than before.

About sirius: you can still spawn a giza solo in less than an hour.
You can still solo a giza.
And the next update is probably going to be Sirius Adjustments, which, in my opinion, should be easier and faster.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Fra_592 said:
Sure, this update affects PvE at least as much as it affects PvP. To the one asking for the changes in PvP: shields/scramblers/aim computers/buffs/landing protection/automated colossus & cryo rewards (no cryo vault sadly)/no more oneshoot/stuns/protectors/defender/rebalancing ships/low-level balancing system, especially punisher and emperor. The list is nearly the same for PvE, i know ^^ From what i've tested on colossus, now a red pilot farming WM can fight back or flee from any attacker, and same-tech pvp is much more balanced than before.

About sirius: you can still spawn a giza solo in less than an hour.
You can still solo a giza.
And the next update is probably going to be Sirius Adjustments, which, in my opinion, should be easier and faster.
It says pvp overhaul "part 1", so we're probably not past this update yet.

flyfighter

Reaction score
WOOOW Aggrobeacon is nice now!!!!! make it better and add some pvp functionality and im madly in love :D :D :D :D :D
Taunt will become so Handy fighting keops etc!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Teambased sirius!!! :D :D :D :D
Maybe we fainally need engi in sq now instead of 10 tanks!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Ships have actual noticeable speed differences!!! ENGIPOWER!!!! :eek: :eek:

We can also look at the positive things!!! :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Sirius will get a fix soon, cant imagine that its a long taking proces like this pvp update. Small tweeks can make uge difference. For now, even if its bad what i don't think it is, we have to deal with it.

And here to end with some negatives again, else it wont be a good forum post:
- Stuns are truly not that usefull anymore (in pve, and yet have to find out their purpose in pvp). They need to be tweeked to atleast work a bit more then they do now if u ask me, Ppl that are stunned can even with the strong stun put on their repair droit within 2 seconds or so. No suprice stun there anymore
- materializor differences between long normal and strong are bit strange.
- Only strong aim scram viable, atleast for my playstyle
- Shields keep active after they die, Intented? or bugg?
- Mines hard to shoot, but feels nice when you fly defender yourself, but if you face it noooo :mrorange: :mrorange:
- Hive and gazica needs some love now, before to many ppl get to mad :LOL: :LOL:

Can you make a dev shack for sirius adjustments, wanna see the idea for it so that i can put my ideas in that topic. :D

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
I am excited for the next dev shack but i'm more excited for what screenshot they will post to us about tau ceti.

tonyikego

Reaction score
Ship armor adjustment phase decreased the Sirius armor on Parsec class ships but added Ancient armor. So I grind and spend millions of cryo to put ancient armor on my Parsecs. Now the PVP overhaul decreases armor on the Parsecs and makes changes to tech which results in these ships being much less capable than before.

Why did you need to change armors again after you spent many months on "Ship Armor Adjustments"?

So now (after PVP overhaul #2?), which made more ship armor changes, you are going to do Sirius adjustments .

I see no plan here, other than to keep tinkering with the same things over and over.

Of course I can adapt to these changes but I don't see the point. You have added no new content. Sirius is not more enjoyable for me as a result of these changes. It is more tedious.

After waiting nearly four years for new content, we are still waiting while you apparently have the idea that making current content more difficult will save this game.

The game is dying. More players are leaving every day. I am strongly considering joining their ranks. The only plausible reason I can think of for not adding new content in such a long time is that you just don't have the programming skills to do it. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I truly enjoyed this game and it's a shame to watch it die.

Concerned Pilot

Reaction score
The simple fact of the matter is the whole patch update title was a total Lie just by the name of its title. It should have been a PVP overhaul and nothing more. Not any armor adjustments not any weakening of weapons armors, or bending any laws pf physics to justify anything. Top and bottom of the story is maybe 1 % of it had anything to do with PVP lets face it who will now go in pvp to loose any speed boosters they have bought but to still have the timer count down on this. Pirate mode is now just a joke, all that is happened is nothing at all to do with PVP. In what way does weakening a class of a ship by 3 levels now constitute of making pvp fair. As stated my most of the complaints all you have now done is screwed the entire system up and taken away from what you added on the previous update. The previous update was yeah new armors and new increases in ship class armor strengths which took some getting use to then you now go mess it up and make it even to what it was before the previous update was implemented. try flying around the hive now in an ancient you used to fly there with great ease in an ancient ship now you are stunned to a more or less stand still by anything that stuns you there that is how bad you have reduced the armor levels. You may as well forget about any release of tauceti when you cant get the basics right of the previous system right after many failing attempts. I think its safe to say no one now has any high hopes at all for any future release. For me now I switch on after the update and do nothing and just watch membership run down and will call it a day. I have wasted the best part of 8 years here for just to be kicked in the teeth time after time.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
tonyikego said:
Now the PVP overhaul decreases armor on the Parsecs and makes changes to tech which results in these ships being much less capable than before.
Nope.
Through the whole game, only emperor (and maybe punisher?) has lost HP. Some ships didn't change (STAM-X and STAM-SS-X, Locust). Most ships have seen their HP increased, that's why they were having damages after the update. E.G: my mizar marlstone and obsidian have won 20-22%, onyx and poenari 15-20%, black granite about 10%. Myst has won a few % too. Gemini ships have all won 14%.
Armor update was changing all ships the same way. So it didn't correct imbalances betwen ships.
PvP overhaul had to readjust armors to make sure no ship could get killed with a single strong item anymore, nor become invincible.

@flyfighter: yeah stuns now looks more like debuff than like stuns. Anyway, even long stun is still very efficient on PvP, but on the long term. In mizar and gemini, with equal tech (full golds in my case), a shock is still able to defeat a storm, but he'll need a little bit more skill than the storm.

tonyikego said:
The only plausible reason I can think of for not adding new content in such a long time is that you just don't have the programming skills to do it
I think any programmer would rather patch 4-yrs old bugs then adding new content than adding the new content before patching ;)

tonyikego

Reaction score
Specifically, the black granite and the marble with ancient armor lost hp. The quartz with advanced sol armor lost hp. Aim scramblers are much less capable. Don't want to get into an argument here. If you love what the developers are doing, buy gold and support them.

"I think any programmer would rather patch 4-yrs old bugs then adding new content before patching ;)"

Little bug patching involved. Seems mostly just changing different parameters for tech and armor. But I guess your point is that it might be laziness rather than lack of ability.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Any dev shack reply? Been 2 months since.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
tonyikego said:
Specifically, the black granite and the marble with ancient armor lost hp. The quartz with advanced sol armor lost hp. Aim scramblers are much less capable. Don't want to get into an argument here. If you love what the developers are doing, buy gold and support them.

"I think any programmer would rather patch 4-yrs old bugs then adding new content before patching ;)"

Little bug patching involved. Seems mostly just changing different parameters for tech and armor. But I guess your point is that it might be laziness rather than lack of ability.
The resistance of ships such as Black Granite and Marlstone were not modified at all, the difference you can see is that now, indeed, the aim scrambler has been reduced by what it feels more '' weak ''

tonyikego

Reaction score
''
The resistance of ships such as Black Granite and Marlstone were not modified at all, the difference you can see is that now, indeed, the aim scrambler has been reduced by what it feels more '' weak ''
Sorry, but you are wrong.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
I do not know what to say, personally I see it exactly the same as regards resistance, the only difference I see is that it is no longer the same by the reduction of the aim scrambler

tonyikego

Reaction score
GOTIL0N said:
I do not know what to say, personally I see it exactly the same as regards resistance, the only difference I see is that it is no longer the same by the reduction of the aim scrambler

No desire to argue. We just disagree. We'll find out when it gets measured again.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
tonyikego said:
GOTIL0N said:

No desire to argue. We just disagree. We'll find out when it gets measured again.
For nothing, we are only giving a point of view that does not agree :)

Green

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
GreenSpider
Rank
Punisher with Sirius Ancient strong Rocket + A112 Damage Drone (10%) cant kill 2 Interceptorsquadrons on Gazica lvl 66 is this a joke?? :mad:
The same without Drone.
Question, Player weapson down or Armor of Mantis higher?

MFG GreenSpider

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
I like the update. Keep the good work!

I think that the numeric indicator for health is redundant.

Sometimes the blue shield bar next to health is not shown, both random cases for player and enemy bars.

Darkos

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Sunrise
Rank
I am a black granit player...and for me ...the granit is like always , sirius is just a bit harder but the hp of the ship didnt changed.
It became a bit weak because scram got weaker thats all so stop please saying things without proofs.. If u cant do a boss or giza its because item got weaker ,now ,only myst cant do solo boss , BG still can if you have a good equipment i tested my self. :)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
I think the aim scrambler was needed so it is at least more fair to fight in pvp however, the fact it's the same in pvp, they need to change that.

auto82

Reaction score
i find it strange that Obsidian`s armor in this case with sirius armor is way thougher then ancient armor on veild quartz.

Status
Not open for further replies.