Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
gonzaabel said:
Highway said:
What can we expect from Tau Ceti and when will it arrive?
We are still finalizing the design for Tau Ceti using your input to get it right this time. There will be new ships and items for Tau Ceti. Sirius equipment will be essential for acquiring and building Tau Ceti equipment.
Tau Ceti will combine the traits of a traditional star system with new gameplay elements. The existing Tau Ceti story episodes will be overhauled, made replayable and be integrated into a linear story mission structure. We might not be able to satisfy everyone’s individual wants,
but we are trying :)
The first part of “New Tau Ceti” is planned to be released this year.
That is from this post: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=248&t=34638&p=174167#p174167

Highway said:
At that time we decided that our youngest game Dino Storm needed urgent attention, since it lacked content and had other major issues that needed to be resolved. We also found that several technical issues were affecting all of our games, so we had to take care of those as well.
Sadly all of this caused delays before we could tackle a complex Pirate Galaxy feature update like Tau Ceti again.
That is a extract from the Dev Shack #2 (one year later).

And I join for the same: Highway, any news about the release of this PVP Overhaul?
Where is the SplitScreen 'full force' ???? I can't see them.

I think you are developing Tau ceti parallel this and the sirius adjustments update. And I want a big system to satisfy the long wait and the rest of we have to wait again to see the new and complete Tau Ceti System.
And I believe the rest of pilots here want's the same. (three or more history planets, 30+ history missions and many new things).

When you said about the full force and couldn't see it I'm not surprised you said that because Highway said the update is very complex. Yes they are more likely to be doing the other updates.
Tau Ceti looks like it will be a large system.
Highway even said he might add another armor for parsecs so it can handle the rest of Tau Ceti. The entirety of Venar might only be for sirius ships and the only thing I think we can get is Tau Ceti blasters etc like draconis. Some asked about Tau Ceti and Highway did reply and mention there are loads of new things coming out in Tau Ceti. I'm not a tester but all this told to us gives us a prediction that Tau Ceti is going to be interesting and I hope challenging and quite a large system. We can't talk much about this now but we are allowed to talk more about this on the other Dev shacks. Tau Ceti will be huge I think.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Heavy artillery said:
When you said about the full force and couldn't see it I'm not surprised you said that because Highway said the update is very complex.
When I said it, I am being like a normal user. I can't remember if Highway said the update is complex (if you can quote it would be well :) ). But just I can't see many news about the updates (like a weekly report) about what things they do along the last week (with minimum one image), how many time is left for the release (with safety) and replys about the feedback of the users.
I am working as web developer since four months with a small team. And I know how is the planning of a new feature, and how long time can take a complex update. But I in the place of this team could make a weekly report about the progress to keep the people quiet with some weekly news. But no delay the communication with the community two weeks or more and be top secret with Tau Ceti (only we have one image of the ships, Highway said 'We may show off a few screenshots soon' not one, and it doesn't arrives so soon, we have to wait this devshack to see it).
And I can understand how many pilots that I have hear they thinking SplitScreen has dead Pirate Galaxy. Because for a normal user can be very difficult understand how one game update is created. Especially if the dev team don't show any progress.

Heavy artillery said:
Highway even said he might add another armor for parsecs so it can handle the rest of Tau Ceti. The entirety of Venar might only be for sirius ships and the only thing I think we can get is Tau Ceti blasters etc like draconis. Some asked about Tau Ceti and Highway did reply and mention there are loads of new things coming out in Tau Ceti. I'm not a tester but all this told to us gives us a prediction that Tau Ceti is going to be interesting and I hope challenging and quite a large system. We can't talk much about this now but we are allowed to talk more about this on the other Dev shacks. Tau Ceti will be huge I think.
I hope it will be a large system. :cool:

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
gonzaabel said:
Heavy artillery said:
When you said about the full force and couldn't see it I'm not surprised you said that because Highway said the update is very complex.
When I said it, I am being like a normal user. I can't remember if Highway said the update is complex (if you can quote it would be well :) ). But just I can't see many news about the updates (like a weekly report) about what things they do along the last week (with minimum one image), how many time is left for the release (with safety) and replys about the feedback of the users.
I am working as web developer since four months with a small team. And I know how is the planning of a new feature, and how long time can take a complex update. But I in the place of this team could make a weekly report about the progress to keep the people quiet with some weekly news. But no delay the communication with the community two weeks or more and be top secret with Tau Ceti (only we have one image of the ships, Highway said 'We may show off a few screenshots soon' not one, and it doesn't arrives so soon, we have to wait this devshack to see it).
And I can understand how many pilots that I have hear they thinking SplitScreen has dead Pirate Galaxy. Because for a normal user can be very difficult understand how one game update is created. Especially if the dev team don't show any progress.

Heavy artillery said:
I hope it will be a large system. :cool:
In the next Dev shack they are very likely to show us a larger glimpse of a Tau Ceti ship. Don't keep your hopes up, they won't give us another tau ceti screenshot this dev shack. It would be better to show another screenshot in the next dev shack so we can slowly scroll down as if it's a surprise. Again though I kept having these weird dreams seeing the next dev shack and rarely seeing some screenshots.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
flyfighter said:
Knock knock...
"Sorry can't talk right now. Have to wait later" :LOL:

sierra

Reaction score
It is obvious they dont plan on doing anything guys,,just give up already.

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Sure, that's why they recruited testers.
Twice.
:sneaky:

flyfighter

Reaction score
They recruited testers twice because they kick ppl from that testgroup for silly reasons. They bite in the hand that feeds them. Kicking me for silly reason still keeps me massively iritated and angry when the jusbject comes in speach. But ofc its my own fault i should have known seeing how we are treated. Joining the testgroup is going to end up in nothing else then mental pain anyways.

The one thing that the testgroup did give you was frequently insight in the progress of development, only thing i miss from it. I can't imagine it being so hard to do a weekly update on development on this forum, after all we are the playerbase that you have to convince in staying and playing this game. We are the ones that buy gold so that you have money again, but somehow ur strategy is keeping us totally uninformed so that all players leave this game for what it is and look for other games to play. And trust me in searching already, but sadly nothing compares to this game "yet". Maybe u should start playing ur own game again to see how good it actually is and how some things can be changed. See how little changes can make a uge difference. Feedback section is full of it.

Speaking of the feedback section, maybe u should give ur opinion on stuff once in a while, the communication towards the community is almost nowhere to be found. Also its quite strange how some bugs that effect ur game get fixed instantly and buggs that effect us players never get treated or take a realy long time to fix. The lacking of updates is the biggest bugg in this game and should be treated with the same speed as those small buggs do. And if you put an update in this game make sure it does not make our gameplay even worse. The biggest bugg that is affecting us in unimagineable ways is that stunships are basically useless in pvp now, try to stun some1 with strong stuncharge or stundome... 0% effect. The afterburners became beond crap, low level players cannot even escape a single mantis with an afterburner. I've heard some new player complain about this an leave the game due to this. Speed drone is a small fix for this but ofc only available on special events and else not available before lvl 35.

All ppl who go against the state are being brutally banned, trying to reason for a bann is out of the question, the biggest waste of time there is. You lost contact with ur playerbase, its the hard truth. treat us like crap. Banning player that invested literally 2 years of their live in it. its a shame!!

And surely this will be my last post on this forum, any sign of negativity towards you is being treated with a bann.

I'm just mad, been 4 weeks whitout any news already.

But ofc there is still hope, just take this feedback serious. We are humans aswell and not numbers that play your game.

POSITRON3

Reaction score
flyfighter said:
They recruited testers twice because they kick ppl from that testgroup for silly reasons. They bite in the hand that feeds them. Kicking me for silly reason still keeps me massively iritated and angry when the jusbject comes in speach. But ofc its my own fault i should have known seeing how we are treated. Joining the testgroup is going to end up in nothing else then mental pain anyways.

The one thing that the testgroup did give you was frequently insight in the progress of development, only thing i miss from it. I can't imagine it being so hard to do a weekly update on development on this forum, after all we are the playerbase that you have to convince in staying and playing this game. We are the ones that buy gold so that you have money again, but somehow ur strategy is keeping us totally uninformed so that all players leave this game for what it is and look for other games to play. And trust me in searching already, but sadly nothing compares to this game "yet". Maybe u should start playing ur own game again to see how good it actually is and how some things can be changed. See how little changes can make a uge difference. Feedback section is full of it.

Speaking of the feedback section, maybe u should give ur opinion on stuff once in a while, the communication towards the community is almost nowhere to be found. Also its quite strange how some bugs that effect ur game get fixed instantly and buggs that effect us players never get treated or take a realy long time to fix. The lacking of updates is the biggest bugg in this game and should be treated with the same speed as those small buggs do. And if you put an update in this game make sure it does not make our gameplay even worse. The biggest bugg that is affecting us in unimagineable ways is that stunships are basically useless in pvp now, try to stun some1 with strong stuncharge or stundome... 0% effect. The afterburners became beond crap, low level players cannot even escape a single mantis with an afterburner. I've heard some new player complain about this an leave the game due to this. Speed drone is a small fix for this but ofc only available on special events and else not available before lvl 35.

All ppl who go against the state are being brutally banned, trying to reason for a bann is out of the question, the biggest waste of time there is. You lost contact with ur playerbase, its the hard truth. treat us like crap. Banning player that invested literally 2 years of their live in it. its a shame!!

And surely this will be my last post on this forum, any sign of negativity towards you is being treated with a bann.

I'm just mad, been 4 weeks whitout any news already.

But ofc there is still hope, just take this feedback serious. We are humans aswell and not numbers that play your game.
well sadly agree with you. and I will not surprise if they banned you for this post, other day I write something similar and got an infunded warning. A warning I see 4 month after they issue it to me :) since I don't care much this game lately, since they do nothing for improve it. I have much I don't play the game, a ban from forum will be good for me now :) they don't handle one tell the truth about their bad work, and bad treatment to their client. so if is my last post, :), see you around and good luck to all :)

sierra

Reaction score
If they dont want to update the game its their bussines and after this many years you can see how much they care about it,so if not doing updates is something we dont like its easy stop playing,,,

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
To be fair they said the estimate of the PTR could've been in January/February so the next dev shack reply is more likely to be the last reply before the PTR.

Is there more likely going to be more than 1 dev shack on "Tau Ceti system" ?
Wouldn't it be cool if you can color your blasters rockets etc?

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Any update on development? :eek:

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Heavy artillery said:
I think we have to wait to the next week (the last week of February).

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
gonzaabel said:
Heavy artillery said:
I think we have to wait to the next week (the last week of February).
Only the Devs know what time and when they will speak up. :LOL:

POSITRON3

Reaction score
tic tac, tic tac march is coming and as I told you all, nothing.

Etoile_de_Cristal

Reaction score
:) :)

Always the same complains but, this time I think they've done a very good work with this update : all theses bugs which had to be fixed, all these improvements to the pvp system. I personnally wants to thanks the developpers and the testers for the work they've done for this update, in spite of the lack of support they have from a part of the community.

Continue like this, maybe this game will finally reborn from the ashes :)

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Public test is close ^^ http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=522&t=39967

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
After the update will it take a while to schedule the next dev shack?

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
When i see "Part 1", i think that even if the changelog is quite long, PvP Overhaul isn't finished yet. So we may have to wait some time before seeing Dev Shack #5 ^^

POSITRON3

Reaction score
Etoile_de_Cristal said:
:) :)

Always the same complains but, this time I think they've done a very good work with this update : all theses bugs which had to be fixed, all these improvements to the pvp system. I personnally wants to thanks the developpers and the testers for the work they've done for this update, in spite of the lack of support they have from a part of the community.

Continue like this, maybe this game will finally reborn from the ashes :)

jejjejejejejejjejej , jajajjajaj at the end of your post you write this: "Continue like this, maybe this game will finally reborn from the ashes :)" so you are conviced this game is in ashes now. Well, the defense will rest your honor :) :) jajajajajaj

Status
Not open for further replies.