Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
@Highway since you are fixing a lot of bugs, I would really appreciate it if you fix the AoE Damage bug for which I edited a video. video link

The bug on the lightning chain was something else I know, but after 1 year and 3 months you should give it the attention it deserves. There are many missions where several NPCs land at the same time and I only tested it on the orbitalstrike, but I am very sure it will be the case for the mine, aggrobomb, sticky bomb and rocket aswell.
This could also be thing during conquest battle/pvp on surfaces. The squadmembers land and their existence mid air reduces the AoE Damage, so the player on the surface which will get hit by any AoE recieves less damage, while the players in mid air take of course no damage.
I can't tell since when this bug is in the game, maybe it was always there haha

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
[...]I only tested it on the orbitalstrike, but I am very sure it will be the case for the mine, aggrobomb, sticky bomb and rocket aswell.[...]
You do realize that you basicly condradict yourself with that sentence alone... In the Vid you state the following:
This is not only a bug of the orbitalstrike, it happenswith all other AoE weapons as well.
So what is now the truth? You tested it with all AoE weapons or only with the OS? Another thing i would now bring up here as well is the following:
You show us 1 round vs a Harv with the 6 Interc where the OS kills them all and 1 round vs a Harv with 6 Interc and the landing group and the OS doesn´t kill them.

Imo this is not "proofing" that the landing group really does absorb the dmg and this was just a bad dmg round of the OS because all weapons have a fluctuation of the actuall dmg and don´t have a base value that always counts.

They have a base value of course BUT this has a +- fluctuation that can change an outcome if used and the rng factor has finied + a major difference between the 1st situation and the 2nd is that in the 1st situation a few units receive a crit while in the 2nd situation no unit received a Crit at all what already changes the dmg outcome a lot.

Another thing is: Did you retest it after all this time to see if it still is a thing? If yes i suggest you make a vid in full lenght (not edited) that shows 5-10 times both situation and then we really can say that something is off with the AoE when landing units are involved.

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
@Vesperion , yes that is a contradiction, because I didn't rewatch my own video. Back then I analyzed why the bug is happening and I assumed it for all AoE damage items. So now there two statements and if there are two statements I suggest sticking to the most recent one.

You already replied one year and 3 months ago to that topic.

I keep my videos short so I don't waste the viewer's time. I just present the result to highlight it one time, but of course I have tested that out many times! That drives me to work on a video! I don't do these videos for my personal attention. My intention is to point at a bug and hope it gets fixed asap, because it improves the game and this way it is visualized to the devs.

This thread is about upcoming updates and not arguing about peas.

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hey guys.

What kind of update will we get next after Energy ones? Any news?

Greetings

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
@Poland we already know that it's gonna be the conquest update (as a big update, should be mid summer to end of summer). Any patch about bug fixes is currently fixed so fast, that it's not needed to post it here and instead there is a new thread for each patchnote. :)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
@Poland we already know that it's gonna be the conquest update (as a big update, should be mid summer to end of summer). Any patch about bug fixes is currently fixed so fast, that it's not needed to post it here and instead there is a new thread for each patchnote. :)
I am curious about the CQ update, it has been quite a while now and I'm wondering if they have an intended schedule. :unsure:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
we already know that it's gonna be the conquest update (as a big update, should be mid summer to end of summer).[...]
I think he more talkes about any planed "QoL" changes rather then the "known changes". The E-Update was something that not really was mentioned until a few days ago.

Anyways for me an currently mechanic that really would need attention (imo) is the drones cus as practical as they as tedious they are to maintain.

I keep my videos short so I don't waste the viewer's time. I just present the result to highlight it one time
Sometimes "wasting the viewer´s time" is required to point out the thing that matters and i don´t think that you wanna point it out for personal attention because you wanna point out that an mechanic ingame may not work correctly.

I for example need to see an full length round of the one and the other situation so that i really can say for myself "something is off" and some mechanics might not work as intended but this already would raise a question for the LC cus why does it have an actuall runtime that stops midway when the max targets are hit? Was there another mechnic for the LC that existed before? Was it planed that the LC hits "as many targets as the runtime is going"? Is it just an visual bug? etc.

INTER

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
- xXx -
Rank
Hello there, is there any rebalance planned in the membership and other boosts?
This energy update is devaluating the membership, why you dont add the perk that dont need to charge drones. :sneaky:

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Hello there, is there any rebalance planned in the membership and other boosts?
This energy update is devaluating the membership, why you dont add the perk that dont need to charge drones. :sneaky:
I only say this in response and i won´t give up until Split gives up lol
QoL Update for the Drones

Water

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Water
5 minutes for self matter in a row is realy too much i think 2 minutes are also too much 1.15 min i would say ok , but espacely on calon with the spaceball event where you have to fly alone it is very frustrating

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
You may need to do the mission "Solo" but this doesn´t mean you can´t ask in Clan for OC if you wanna do the mission i would say. I think a OC of 4-5 Pilots should be able to cover you well enough so that you can do the Event Mission.

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
Hey guys, I'm new here in forum, but I play this game since idk.

But I have lots of good ideas specially for items.

1. It would be nice to be able to buy a cry booster, where cry drop will be guaranteed 100%. I think this kind of booster will everyone buy.

2. First item came in my mind, where u can cast a shield or a protector which will surround you and protect players or team members (just like the mob in canon which slows down the enemies forgot his name).

3. Also a new drone would be nice which can cast a repairfield for 8 sec.

4. A New turret would be also nice which I would call it "thermoturret". It would be the first turret, that deals damage. I imagine it like the magnet trap in red color with flames inside like the thermoblast and everyone who goes inside will get damaged and when go out it will stop.

That was all I wanted to say.

Hope you like my ideas.

Stay safe everyone 😀

L3giT

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
L3giT
Rank
Energy update is fantastic, made some heavy-consuming ships like the punisher usable now without running out of energy after killing 3 horus lol

the only problem i have with it is that the mat timer is too high, in missions like Earth in unrest and calon where you die often, this can seem a bit problematic, maybe lower it to 2 minutes and it can be fine, other than that, one of the best updates since BP to Energy conversion

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
1. It would be nice to be able to buy a cry booster, where cry drop will be guaranteed 100%. I think this kind of booster will everyone buy.
That would be even more broken than the firepower relay and damage deflector are together. This booster would generate 4 times more cryonit per x-time. resulting in 900k to 1000k per hour with only one booster. I mean we all like cryonite, but that is realistically too unbalanced.

2. First item came in my mind, where u can cast a shield or a protector which will surround you and protect players or team members (just like the mob in canon which slows down the enemies forgot his name).
There is already an Item which has this type of effect, the Allies Cover. Unfortunately this only Shipclass which can use it is the Wolfhound. The PVE Aggro on any healing is still too high, which will make you a juicy target for all enemy units if you "try" to heal/shield your allies. Combine this and the 2nd lowest base armor stat (first is humpback) and you have the most useless support class in the game. It would need I would balance it with 50% more base armor and an adaption of the healing aggro system. Earlier it was supposed to gain some extra XP with healing, but it resulted in too high aggro, which makes you a moving target.

That would either be useless or too strong. That's also a tough decision to add drones to the game which have an active effect. Their design is based on passive effects. This could change the hole gameplay, since drones are available in every system, e.g. this would enable using "repairfield" in Vega, but it is usually available in Antares.

4. A New turret would be also nice which I would call it "thermoturret". It would be the first turret, that deals damage. I imagine it like the magnet trap in red color with flames inside like the thermoblast and everyone who goes inside will get damaged and when go out it will stop.
Before I reached Draconis I thought the Attackfield Turret would actually hit enemies... but then I found out that it is just the Attack buff on from the sniper, but for all allies within the range. The idea of a turret which deals damage over time is very good. Maybe in terms of balancing the amount of damage gets reduced with each enemy within the range of it. Difficult topic xD

5min cooldown for 2nd self materializing topic:
The only problem I see for this is that the loot that you've earned is maybe gone before you can even collect it, so I would only increase the time for loot (cryonite, blueprints, gravitons etc.) from 5 minutes to 7 minutes and 30 seconds.
The high cooldown can be avoided, you need to fly carefully and wait for your defensive systems to come off cooldown, if you are in pot. Else you have gravitons to stay alife for longer, now you can theoretically collect 4 gravitons a day.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank

That would be even more broken than the firepower relay and damage deflector are together. This booster would generate 4 times more cryonit per x-time. resulting in 900k to 1000k per hour with only one booster. I mean we all like cryonite, but that is realistically too unbalanced.
Not just that it would destroy the prices of the economy as well and Pilots would go riot for MU/SU/CU and maybe even Bosses (Armana, GIza (mostly) and Soris (lastly)) or hunt only Harvs due of going for the "big Cryos" so why messing with small units? Prices over the course of the game always increased a lot the more time between each system was. From Sol to Drac the prices increased x5 from Sol ones and from Siri to TC the prices increased roughly x4 just for the ships.

Another thing would be how would you balance such a booster in sq? If for example 1 Pilot would have the booster for 4 Pilots the booster would be pointles or that Pilot would always fly solo and shoot with the others to gain the most profit or everyone would only fly solo with such an booster active to gain the most out of it and make sq completely obsolete for hunting/farming purposes.

There is already an Item which has this type of effect, the Allies Cover. Unfortunately this only Shipclass which can use it is the Wolfhound. The PVE Aggro on any healing is still too high, which will make you a juicy target for all enemy units if you "try" to heal/shield your allies. Combine this and the 2nd lowest base armor stat (first is humpback) and you have the most useless support class in the game. It would need I would balance it with 50% more base armor and an adaption of the healing aggro system. Earlier it was supposed to gain some extra XP with healing, but it resulted in too high aggro, which makes you a moving target.
Issue about the Cover is that (from what i heared) the effect isn´t really noticable so it´s not really worth to use the Wolf. As i suggested it in my other post the effect of the Cover would more need to be like an "casters Shield" that absorbs all the dmg from the allies who are linked to the cover and absorbs the dmg until it is depleted but the shield would need to have another value then the same HP as the wolfs one.
Making TC Ships "more attractive" again (Changing TC Item Effects)

That would either be useless or too strong. That's also a tough decision to add drones to the game which have an active effect. Their design is based on passive effects. This could change the hole gameplay, since drones are available in every system, e.g. this would enable using "repairfield" in Vega, but it is usually available in Antares.
Even when puting that drone to be available when in Antares it would afterwards allow Pilots to use it in Vega + i think that when such a drone would exist it would be an "must have" drone to be installed but i guess the way harder point would be how the Effect should be scaled and what the duration time should be. Bringing such a drone would make some ships even more obsolete then they are now already cus why using a ship with RTarget or RField when 5 pilots have a drone that creates an RField that may not create aggro?

Before I reached Draconis I thought the Attackfield Turret would actually hit enemies... but then I found out that it is just the Attack buff on from the sniper, but for all allies within the range. The idea of a turret which deals damage over time is very good. Maybe in terms of balancing the amount of damage gets reduced with each enemy within the range of it. Difficult topic xD
The only thing how such a thing could be balanced out would be instead of using an "thermo" turret using the Turret from the TC Mission "Turrets vs. Pirates". Those can attack several targets(3(?)) from what i know but have the same frequency of shoting like the ADroid if i remember it correctly. Over this way it would be a bit more balanced i guess rather just beeing an AoE-DoT thing. Considering the hunts at Siri it would make the fights even more easy if i consider that now already it´s a common thing to "collect a bunch of units and fight them all at once"

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Energy update is fantastic, made some heavy-consuming ships like the punisher usable now without running out of energy after killing 3 horus lol

the only problem i have with it is that the mat timer is too high, in missions like Earth in unrest and calon where you die often, this can seem a bit problematic, maybe lower it to 2 minutes and it can be fine, other than that, one of the best updates since BP to Energy conversion
Missions in calon and battle for earth/triangulation trap will be at the edge of impossible if you are unlucky. With the sky os in triangulation trap and you die more than once during the mountain, it's game over for you. Not your fault. But I think calon missions will need to be easier considering the fact you pod A LOT and some missions that demand firepower and no room for engi have to be made easier or demand less firepower ships such as paragneiss etc.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
I dont think that mat time its an actual issue loool, dying 2 times in 5 minutes its not something common, calon missions are already kind of easy and triangulation trap its just moving ur ship around at this point... also mating 2 times was only possible if u had 300 gold or extra energy because of energy drone... so not all players were doing that and they still got through the missions XDD, dont u think thats overreacting?

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
I dont think that mat time its an actual issue loool, dying 2 times in 5 minutes its not something common, calon missions are already kind of easy and triangulation trap its just moving ur ship around at this point... also mating 2 times was only possible if u had 300 gold or extra energy because of energy drone... so not all players were doing that and they still got through the missions XDD, dont u think thats overreacting?
Triang Fun is one of the most tedious mission from EiU considering that alone all 5 points combined take 15 mins and roughly 10 mins pure travel time over the planet with the following part of the commander. The 1st part of Triang fun is not really the issue at all. It´s more about the 2nd part when you have to follow the Commander the mountain up while staying within the range and at the same time keep enough distance.

And it always can happen that 2 bad rndm OS can occur and you have no other chance then to "run into them" cus the mission allows nothing else. Let´s say the Commander starts to move up and in the small passage an rndm OS starts right at the commanders location. The Pilot has no other choice then to go in Pod cus otherwise he leaves the Mission area and fails. Normaly 1 pod is no problem to revive in time before leaving the mission area.

It´s more about the 2nd pod that can occur afterwards again because Triang Fun doesn´t allow an leaving of the mission area and i have seen it happening a few times during OCing that 2 rndm os within 5 mins could appear and pilots failed the mission because they had no E to remat or cus even with the old timer they poded within 1 minute during the following part lol.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
I know many people have and had problems with triangulation trap, but i can talk of my case, i did triangulation trap in 3 servers, askone gaia and aurora, and i only failed in aurora because it was first times we were doing them, rndm OS i think they can be avoided or at least it doesnt happen much... i did OC many many times and never seen someone that got this, or if they had they only revived one

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Yeah, unless you buy engine boosters, damage deflectors, extra firepower boosters, you have a slate or a chromium or poenari then yeah everything's fine and its easily doable but what if you are flying a thunderbird that is squishy but oh wait! slow as crap as well and other useless ships like the wolfhound or the Kodiak, You will have no choice but to pod many times. Missions are doable but in a lot of them you can and WILL pod a lot of times and you can't always stop it. Some missions demand an engi but at the same time there is no room for that considering many lander missions also have a high demand for firepower ships hence this causes a problem. The fact that the missions can only be doable with a small amount of parsec ships even then they can still pod a few times which will put people off daring to do the calon missions. And at this point on, i wish the very best of luck for people trying to get past battle for Earth, it will be a REAL struggle not even paragneiss/chromiums can handle without podding at least twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.