#9 Tau Ceti Part 3 & Conquest Rework

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
I agree for minimum members that should enter the conquest. But I do not agree it should be at least 10, but at least 5 members. With 5 members you can have a decent fight and some fun, while clans may not have 10 online, which makes it harder currently. So minimum for any clan size is 5 members.
Hmm I don't think that the current CQ is prepared for 5 vs 5 fights... Because along the conquest, minimum 2 areas gives most points and minimun you must have 1 pilot on each one, having more points to take and needing people to attack these areas while try to keep other areas that gives 1~3 points. And I thought a limit of 10 vs 10 because on Aurora & Gaia is very possible to gather minimum 10 pilots from clan & alliance (at least in my alliance we got more than 25 people that waited to fight along this week on two conquest we made). But I don't know how difficult it is on other servers, considering that the alliance will help for now until the new CQ system arrives (that it will be prepared for a 5vs5 match).

I would agree to Rajaa's idea with a minimum of 5 players.
I disagree tho for instantly losing when the number of players drops too low. Imagine someone just has connection problems and a conquest ends because it was registered that there aren't enough players to start or after start on surface.
I said that as two possibilities, and I think the better of it is to fight instead of ends CQ before start due of lack of people. But the enemy clan will have 10 people to fight against you.

The goal of the enlist phase is to make fair battles (like it is planned for the rework) starting for 10 vs 10 and up to 25 vs 25. But it will not have problems if you want to fight having less of 10 pilots vs 10 from the enemies.
At least we on Aurora had a conquest on Valkion the past year, being 8 people versus ~18 and we take adventage of the enemy errors and we losed the conquest but letting them with 20~40 log files left. So the strategy is still being important a lot.
And obviously if you only have 4 people or less vs 10, it is impossible to win because the current CQ gameplay. So I think that not make sense to start a conquest if you cant enlist minimum 5 pilots from clan and alliance.

Maybe you guys won't agree with that, but I think the mechanic of conquering a CQ-planet without a conquest fight doesn't need to be in the game and also not give warscore, gravitons and (after cq-rework) cryonite.
The problem here is that you spend 100 log files to participate. The workaround here would be that if only one clan pay the tax, get the 100 log files back and no reward...
I remember have readed about the new CQ system that is planned to not give any reward if the conquest cannot be started succesfully.

Should Vega conquests generate equally warscore as higher system CQs? (after Sol the warscore for each kill gained is just nuts) This question is always on my mind. What do you think?
Hmm I think it is good as it is right now.
With the rework, the warpoints will be based depending the ore obtained during the conquest.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
1) Is planned that each clan will have their landing zone? or the landing zones will stay as ever?

2) The limit for a conquest will remain 25 vs 25 as maximum possible? or it will be higher if both clans have more players?

3) I know you have working in another aspects for PG and also you are working on DS, but I want to ask anyway: Do you had any advance of the CQ system since kyosarc left the team? Is it still far delayed?
1. The landing zones will stay as they are currently. It will also not have a big impact as you only land once it it or materialize in it as a last resort respawn option apart from the CQ ship or your squad leader.

2. The 25 players will be the initial limit but it might get an increase as clans can have more members than 25 players. But 25 will be a good start and we then can see if it needs an increase. Because the teamsize is flexible this is an easy change.

3. Yeah we are really far from our inital schedule :confused:. Currently DS requires more coding work and the new coder is not yet up to speed to fully jump into the conquest rework. We did not progress that much when kyosarc left. We just code the changes to bring them earlier like the graviton cooldown and the other competitive game mode fairness changes. CQ ist about 60% complete but it still takes a good chunk of work. Hard to give an estimate on it on how long it takes to get it ready for the public test phase.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
2. The 25 players will be the initial limit but it might get an increase as clans can have more members than 25 players. But 25 will be a good start and we then can see if it needs an increase. Because the teamsize is flexible this is an easy change.
I rarely follow the CQs tbh but i think in many CQs it´s hard to find the 25 members on both sides(?) up to the point where 1 side is dominating and the other "just leaves" the CQ before it even starts.

Aside from that wasn´t it said that with the new CQ system Ally Pilots can´t be used for the CQ anymore due of the registration? Cus from my current information i did read about the planed Changes Alliances seem to become pretty "obsolete" when the CQ rework update will drop what may result in fusing the active members of the clans into 1 single clan to have them "all under one banner".

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
gonzaabel said:
About log files, it's already said they will be replaced with Mining Tickets. Please read topic to learn more if it's gonna be criticizing new system. Mining tickets maximum in bulk will be 10, and there won't be needed days of gathering to participate like current log file state (100).
You will need only 1 mining ticket minimum depending how many tickets other clans offer (etc. If your clan offers 1, and other two clans offer 2 and 3 mining tickets, they clash). That is a good system where you can get mining tickets faster for participating but also competition depending when registration phase appears (as well only 1 conquest is being hold per day).
Also, about suggesting minimum 10 pilots for conquest is already nullifying chance for smaller clans to participate in conquests. No matter if Gaia is big, there are other Servers to consider. Even if game was popular, I would still set minimum 5 players to participate in conquest because some people don't want big clans.
Reason? It's because of mechanics already said earlier. There will be areas with Ore mine, that will slowly deplete (shrink) and lead players from both sides to same areas where they clash. If you think whole planet is too big for only 5 players, I would agree. Each aspect of new update was explained in past pages on this same dev shack topic, so please check it.

Last edited:

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
About log files, it's already said they will be replaced with Mining Tickets. Please read topic to learn more if it's gonna be criticizing new system. Mining tickets maximum in bulk will be 10, and there won't be needed days of gathering to participate like current log file state (100).
You will need only 1 mining ticket minimum depending how many tickets other clans offer (etc. If your clan offers 1, and other two clans offer 2 and 3 mining tickets, they clash). That is a good system where you can get mining tickets faster for participating but also competition depending when registration phase appears (as well only 1 conquest is being hold per day).
Also, about suggesting minimum 10 pilots for conquest is already nullifying chance for smaller clans to participate in conquests. No matter if Gaia is big, there are other Servers to consider. Even if game was popular, I would still set minimum 5 players to participate in conquest because some people don't want big clans.
Reason? It's because of mechanics already said earlier. There will be areas with Ore mine, that will slowly deplete (shrink) and lead players from both sides to same areas where they clash. If you think whole planet is too big for only 5 players, I would agree. Each aspect of new update was explained in past pages on this same dev shack topic, so please check it.
Sorry if I don't explain me correctly.
I was talking about enhancements for the current cq system that we have in-game to implement if the rework will take so long to be in live servers (until 2021) to make more fair and attractive the current one while we wait the rework.

Last edited:

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
gonzaabel said:
Sorry if I don't explain me correctly.
I was talking about enhancements for the current cq system that we have in-game to implement if the rework will take so long to be in live servers (until 2021) to make more fair and attractive the current one while we wait the rework.
We all want new system to be increased as well, however when discussing, 10 minimum players for conquest would be too much. Devs thought it to be equal with no minimum requirements, but 1 to 3 vs 3 would be kinda low indeed. Even if game has many players, minimum requirements are there to let smaller group of players enjoy update and cq in equal number. That's why at least 5 vs 5 is already 10 players on map, that fills map correctly. Suggestions are always welcome as you said, I respect that, that's why we discuss here in topic 😉

NGSpeed

Reaction score
I am wondering how the win and lose rewards will scale, because if only 5 players participate and the reward stays the same as for 25 players then the 5 players would get 5 times more rewards.
I remember that it was said that there is a seperate section for clan cryonite which can be assigned to clan members. I am pretty sure that this is balanced with weekly payout limits.
I just hope that we will have some sort of a clantoken mechanic which will only allow to payout clanmembers who participated on conquests during a week or even automize this process with the tokens^^

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
If i remember it correctly the new CQ system should only reward Cry that after CQ has been finished will be transfered directly into the Clan Vault and then can be given from there to the Pilots by the weekly limit that should depend by the level of the Pilot or so.

The question here really is how the Cryos will scale over the Systems cus it would be pointless for a Clan to participate in Vega for example if in reverse it only gives an joke amount of Cryo (like maybe 5k) while most of the Clans members are already at Siri/TC.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
If i remember it correctly the new CQ system should only reward Cry that after CQ has been finished will be transfered directly into the Clan Vault and then can be given from there to the Pilots by the weekly limit that should depend by the level of the Pilot or so.

The question here really is how the Cryos will scale over the Systems cus it would be pointless for a Clan to participate in Vega for example if in reverse it only gives an joke amount of Cryo (like maybe 5k) while most of the Clans members are already at Siri/TC.
That was answered before, the reward will be based on the lvl of the pilots of the clan who participate on the conquest

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
I am wondering how the win and lose rewards will scale, because if only 5 players participate and the reward stays the same as for 25 players then the 5 players would get 5 times more rewards.
I remember that it was said that there is a seperate section for clan cryonite which can be assigned to clan members. I am pretty sure that this is balanced with weekly payout limits.
There will not be the same reward for 5 players that for 25. The conquest itself will be flexible depending on the number of players. And yes, there will be a weekly limit based on the lvl of the player to receive cryonite.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
We all want new system to be increased as well, however when discussing, 10 minimum players for conquest would be too much. Devs thought it to be equal with no minimum requirements, but 1 to 3 vs 3 would be kinda low indeed. Even if game has many players, minimum requirements are there to let smaller group of players enjoy update and cq in equal number. That's why at least 5 vs 5 is already 10 players on map, that fills map correctly. Suggestions are always welcome as you said, I respect that, that's why we discuss here in topic 😉
Yes, the minimum limit of 5vs5 will work very fine with the new conquest mechanics that the devs are developing and I like it. :D
I only mention that if the conquest rework will take a long to be ready, I suggest to include early a enlist phase to make fair battles since 10 vs 10 to 25 vs 25 with the current conquest mechanics where 5 vs 5 will be difficult to play with it (because the quantity of areas) and increment the reward to make it a bit interesting for all while the devs get ready the big update.
But it's only a idea, maybe the devs consider that is better to finish the new mechanics and get it ready instead of spend time to enhance the current one. :sweatgrinning: