Not open for further replies.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
I agree for minimum members that should enter the conquest. But I do not agree it should be at least 10, but at least 5 members. With 5 members you can have a decent fight and some fun, while clans may not have 10 online, which makes it harder currently. So minimum for any clan size is 5 members.
Hmm I don't think that the current CQ is prepared for 5 vs 5 fights... Because along the conquest, minimum 2 areas gives most points and minimun you must have 1 pilot on each one, having more points to take and needing people to attack these areas while try to keep other areas that gives 1~3 points. And I thought a limit of 10 vs 10 because on Aurora & Gaia is very possible to gather minimum 10 pilots from clan & alliance (at least in my alliance we got more than 25 people that waited to fight along this week on two conquest we made). But I don't know how difficult it is on other servers, considering that the alliance will help for now until the new CQ system arrives (that it will be prepared for a 5vs5 match).

I would agree to Rajaa's idea with a minimum of 5 players.
I disagree tho for instantly losing when the number of players drops too low. Imagine someone just has connection problems and a conquest ends because it was registered that there aren't enough players to start or after start on surface.
I said that as two possibilities, and I think the better of it is to fight instead of ends CQ before start due of lack of people. But the enemy clan will have 10 people to fight against you.

The goal of the enlist phase is to make fair battles (like it is planned for the rework) starting for 10 vs 10 and up to 25 vs 25. But it will not have problems if you want to fight having less of 10 pilots vs 10 from the enemies.
At least we on Aurora had a conquest on Valkion the past year, being 8 people versus ~18 and we take adventage of the enemy errors and we losed the conquest but letting them with 20~40 log files left. So the strategy is still being important a lot.
And obviously if you only have 4 people or less vs 10, it is impossible to win because the current CQ gameplay. So I think that not make sense to start a conquest if you cant enlist minimum 5 pilots from clan and alliance.

Maybe you guys won't agree with that, but I think the mechanic of conquering a CQ-planet without a conquest fight doesn't need to be in the game and also not give warscore, gravitons and (after cq-rework) cryonite.
The problem here is that you spend 100 log files to participate. The workaround here would be that if only one clan pay the tax, get the 100 log files back and no reward...
I remember have readed about the new CQ system that is planned to not give any reward if the conquest cannot be started succesfully.

Should Vega conquests generate equally warscore as higher system CQs? (after Sol the warscore for each kill gained is just nuts) This question is always on my mind. What do you think?
Hmm I think it is good as it is right now.
With the rework, the warpoints will be based depending the ore obtained during the conquest.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
1) Is planned that each clan will have their landing zone? or the landing zones will stay as ever?

2) The limit for a conquest will remain 25 vs 25 as maximum possible? or it will be higher if both clans have more players?

3) I know you have working in another aspects for PG and also you are working on DS, but I want to ask anyway: Do you had any advance of the CQ system since kyosarc left the team? Is it still far delayed?
1. The landing zones will stay as they are currently. It will also not have a big impact as you only land once it it or materialize in it as a last resort respawn option apart from the CQ ship or your squad leader.

2. The 25 players will be the initial limit but it might get an increase as clans can have more members than 25 players. But 25 will be a good start and we then can see if it needs an increase. Because the teamsize is flexible this is an easy change.

3. Yeah we are really far from our inital schedule :confused:. Currently DS requires more coding work and the new coder is not yet up to speed to fully jump into the conquest rework. We did not progress that much when kyosarc left. We just code the changes to bring them earlier like the graviton cooldown and the other competitive game mode fairness changes. CQ ist about 60% complete but it still takes a good chunk of work. Hard to give an estimate on it on how long it takes to get it ready for the public test phase.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
2. The 25 players will be the initial limit but it might get an increase as clans can have more members than 25 players. But 25 will be a good start and we then can see if it needs an increase. Because the teamsize is flexible this is an easy change.
I rarely follow the CQs tbh but i think in many CQs it´s hard to find the 25 members on both sides(?) up to the point where 1 side is dominating and the other "just leaves" the CQ before it even starts.

Aside from that wasn´t it said that with the new CQ system Ally Pilots can´t be used for the CQ anymore due of the registration? Cus from my current information i did read about the planed Changes Alliances seem to become pretty "obsolete" when the CQ rework update will drop what may result in fusing the active members of the clans into 1 single clan to have them "all under one banner".

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
gonzaabel said:
About log files, it's already said they will be replaced with Mining Tickets. Please read topic to learn more if it's gonna be criticizing new system. Mining tickets maximum in bulk will be 10, and there won't be needed days of gathering to participate like current log file state (100).
You will need only 1 mining ticket minimum depending how many tickets other clans offer (etc. If your clan offers 1, and other two clans offer 2 and 3 mining tickets, they clash). That is a good system where you can get mining tickets faster for participating but also competition depending when registration phase appears (as well only 1 conquest is being hold per day).
Also, about suggesting minimum 10 pilots for conquest is already nullifying chance for smaller clans to participate in conquests. No matter if Gaia is big, there are other Servers to consider. Even if game was popular, I would still set minimum 5 players to participate in conquest because some people don't want big clans.
Reason? It's because of mechanics already said earlier. There will be areas with Ore mine, that will slowly deplete (shrink) and lead players from both sides to same areas where they clash. If you think whole planet is too big for only 5 players, I would agree. Each aspect of new update was explained in past pages on this same dev shack topic, so please check it.

Last edited:

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
About log files, it's already said they will be replaced with Mining Tickets. Please read topic to learn more if it's gonna be criticizing new system. Mining tickets maximum in bulk will be 10, and there won't be needed days of gathering to participate like current log file state (100).
You will need only 1 mining ticket minimum depending how many tickets other clans offer (etc. If your clan offers 1, and other two clans offer 2 and 3 mining tickets, they clash). That is a good system where you can get mining tickets faster for participating but also competition depending when registration phase appears (as well only 1 conquest is being hold per day).
Also, about suggesting minimum 10 pilots for conquest is already nullifying chance for smaller clans to participate in conquests. No matter if Gaia is big, there are other Servers to consider. Even if game was popular, I would still set minimum 5 players to participate in conquest because some people don't want big clans.
Reason? It's because of mechanics already said earlier. There will be areas with Ore mine, that will slowly deplete (shrink) and lead players from both sides to same areas where they clash. If you think whole planet is too big for only 5 players, I would agree. Each aspect of new update was explained in past pages on this same dev shack topic, so please check it.
Sorry if I don't explain me correctly.
I was talking about enhancements for the current cq system that we have in-game to implement if the rework will take so long to be in live servers (until 2021) to make more fair and attractive the current one while we wait the rework.

Last edited:

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
gonzaabel said:
Sorry if I don't explain me correctly.
I was talking about enhancements for the current cq system that we have in-game to implement if the rework will take so long to be in live servers (until 2021) to make more fair and attractive the current one while we wait the rework.
We all want new system to be increased as well, however when discussing, 10 minimum players for conquest would be too much. Devs thought it to be equal with no minimum requirements, but 1 to 3 vs 3 would be kinda low indeed. Even if game has many players, minimum requirements are there to let smaller group of players enjoy update and cq in equal number. That's why at least 5 vs 5 is already 10 players on map, that fills map correctly. Suggestions are always welcome as you said, I respect that, that's why we discuss here in topic 😉

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
I am wondering how the win and lose rewards will scale, because if only 5 players participate and the reward stays the same as for 25 players then the 5 players would get 5 times more rewards.
I remember that it was said that there is a seperate section for clan cryonite which can be assigned to clan members. I am pretty sure that this is balanced with weekly payout limits.
I just hope that we will have some sort of a clantoken mechanic which will only allow to payout clanmembers who participated on conquests during a week or even automize this process with the tokens^^

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
If i remember it correctly the new CQ system should only reward Cry that after CQ has been finished will be transfered directly into the Clan Vault and then can be given from there to the Pilots by the weekly limit that should depend by the level of the Pilot or so.

The question here really is how the Cryos will scale over the Systems cus it would be pointless for a Clan to participate in Vega for example if in reverse it only gives an joke amount of Cryo (like maybe 5k) while most of the Clans members are already at Siri/TC.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
If i remember it correctly the new CQ system should only reward Cry that after CQ has been finished will be transfered directly into the Clan Vault and then can be given from there to the Pilots by the weekly limit that should depend by the level of the Pilot or so.

The question here really is how the Cryos will scale over the Systems cus it would be pointless for a Clan to participate in Vega for example if in reverse it only gives an joke amount of Cryo (like maybe 5k) while most of the Clans members are already at Siri/TC.
That was answered before, the reward will be based on the lvl of the pilots of the clan who participate on the conquest

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
I am wondering how the win and lose rewards will scale, because if only 5 players participate and the reward stays the same as for 25 players then the 5 players would get 5 times more rewards.
I remember that it was said that there is a seperate section for clan cryonite which can be assigned to clan members. I am pretty sure that this is balanced with weekly payout limits.
There will not be the same reward for 5 players that for 25. The conquest itself will be flexible depending on the number of players. And yes, there will be a weekly limit based on the lvl of the player to receive cryonite.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
We all want new system to be increased as well, however when discussing, 10 minimum players for conquest would be too much. Devs thought it to be equal with no minimum requirements, but 1 to 3 vs 3 would be kinda low indeed. Even if game has many players, minimum requirements are there to let smaller group of players enjoy update and cq in equal number. That's why at least 5 vs 5 is already 10 players on map, that fills map correctly. Suggestions are always welcome as you said, I respect that, that's why we discuss here in topic 😉
Yes, the minimum limit of 5vs5 will work very fine with the new conquest mechanics that the devs are developing and I like it. :D
I only mention that if the conquest rework will take a long to be ready, I suggest to include early a enlist phase to make fair battles since 10 vs 10 to 25 vs 25 with the current conquest mechanics where 5 vs 5 will be difficult to play with it (because the quantity of areas) and increment the reward to make it a bit interesting for all while the devs get ready the big update.
But it's only a idea, maybe the devs consider that is better to finish the new mechanics and get it ready instead of spend time to enhance the current one. :sweatgrinning:

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Questions for current topic as conquest has been delayed, to make it a little more lively and clear:
1. Is it decided yet that we will have different Orbit instance before conquest start?
2. Conquest runtime is made to be 45 minutes, did you consider making it 1 hour (maybe too long but still fun)?
3. Will Mining Tickets be obtainable by normal shooting or some special missions for clan (since maximum is 10)? How many of them can be obtained per day?
4. Is nullifying energy consumption for Conquest considered yet? Since Colossus is Battle planet as well, and we got it, and I can say it's a lot more fun to spend time fighting than refilling.
5. Are you slowly thinking of preparing new Official Game Trailer moments soon aside of conquest part of it?

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
3. Will Mining Tickets be obtainable by normal shooting or some special missions for clan (since maximum is 10)? How many of them can be obtained per day?
4. Is nullifying energy consumption for Conquest considered yet? Since Colossus is Battle planet as well, and we got it, and I can say it's a lot more fun to spend time fighting than refilling.
5. Are you slowly thinking of preparing new Official Game Trailer moments soon aside of conquest part of it?
3. The mining tickets will be obtained at the same way like log-files (but I think that will be like 1 each day per clan).

5. I remember that Highway said that they will make a teaser of the CQ rework during the public test.

I am wondering if the new developer Gruni is ready to continue and finish the development of it with the rest of his mates :geek:
I knowed throught the DS Forum that the new 'Galaxy News System' was one of his works during his first months. And accordling the patch log for the newest update of DS, it says that their balance update is in testing phase.

Last edited:

jlinares

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
SPIRIT_POWER
Rank
Hello, please don't apply this energy update RESTRICTION please :cry:
You will kill the moral of pilots

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Rajaa said:
Gonzaabel said:
5. I remember that Highway said that they will make a teaser of the CQ rework during the public test.
Yes, they said they will record some footage during Public Test, however that wasn't my question.
I'm asking about Whole Game Trailer. CQ Trailer will be few moments of that aprox. 2 minute Game Trailer, so that's why i mentioned stuff above in question.
I asked if they are planning to prepare new Trailer moments aside of those CQ changes, which can be done in meantime before the update. Such as Dynamic gameplay, compete in cool events, complete quests etc. 😉

katana88

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
__KaTaNa__
Rank
I did not want to come here because I had enough of asking things to you but this is my last try to let you hear my voice.

Playing game for years and from what I have seen is that basically after you created first RDX prototypes all you did was to leave most of older prototypes outclassed and as result > nearly useless.
Dominator, Terrorizer, Storm parsec..
Recently BG and maybe even more ships joined club which I maybe dont remember at this moment.
I understand you want people buy new prototypes but each ship has its fan.. When you make something less effective than was, you leave people frustrated and you indirectly make them quit.

Recently you came up with new mess : scrambler, protector, OS, bomb..
I heard from GM that people complained how OP scrambler was. Well.. okey but dont you think it is nerfed way too much ?for examplec crits or lots of hits in a row on scrambler is out of logic honestly.

Still dont know why did you nerf protector as well. Some GM's and some people say its same but you can go ask people who had BG, Poe or Emp as their favourite ship and you will get answer.

Bomb and OS damage is way too random. Sometimes it deals one bar, sometimes around 50%.

So guys, I dont know what you up to but I play this game mostly because of fun I want to have in PvP.
You nerfed defensive items and as result Hunter became BROKEN and I can explain why I think so.
Lets put TC pvp aside because I know its still fresh system and it needs work.

As its name and description says Hunter is assassin with range, deadly hit & run machine.
In every logical RPG game assassin class has burst damage, its very fast, good in escaping and has burst damage but on one go, it can kill only enemies with low health or unaware enemies with medium health.
Again I repeat : on one go.
Here Hunter, paper runner ship kills ships with some defense like Emperor thro RD without running.
With old prot Hunter was not able to do that.
It needed to run a lot and use its stun and speed actu advantage to take tough ship like Emperor down.
It was logical.
Hunter is not heavy assault ship with big guns & big armor to take down other brawler without running.
Its hit & run assassin, it has to run a lot to kill ships with medium or high defense.
Now Hunter looses vs Emp only if latter one abuses Ifrit and Hunter pilot is not skilled enough to outrun and negate it from range..
So I dont know if you care to read and analyze this guys.
Ships getting outclassed, who knows what ship will be useless after new RDX comes in, items are messed up and unfairly nerfed, giving only certain class huge advantage.
Game does not give me back enough fun to make it worth for money I pay for it.
So honestly I dont want to play regularly & buy any golds anymore till you fix items (at least prot) which was unfairly nerfed without even asking or letting players know anything.

Good Luck

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
I did not want to come here because I had enough of asking things to you but this is my last try to let you hear my voice.

Playing game for years and from what I have seen is that basically after you created first RDX prototypes all you did was to leave most of older prototypes outclassed and as result > nearly useless.
Dominator, Terrorizer, Storm parsec..
Recently BG and maybe even more ships joined club which I maybe dont remember at this moment.
I understand you want people buy new prototypes but each ship has its fan.. When you make something less effective than was, you leave people frustrated and you indirectly make them quit.

Recently you came up with new mess : scrambler, protector, OS, bomb..
I heard from GM that people complained how OP scrambler was. Well.. okey but dont you think it is nerfed way too much ?for examplec crits or lots of hits in a row on scrambler is out of logic honestly.

Still dont know why did you nerf protector as well. Some GM's and some people say its same but you can go ask people who had BG, Poe or Emp as their favourite ship and you will get answer.

Bomb and OS damage is way too random. Sometimes it deals one bar, sometimes around 50%.

So guys, I dont know what you up to but I play this game mostly because of fun I want to have in PvP.
You nerfed defensive items and as result Hunter became BROKEN and I can explain why I think so.
Lets put TC pvp aside because I know its still fresh system and it needs work.

As its name and description says Hunter is assassin with range, deadly hit & run machine.
In every logical RPG game assassin class has burst damage, its very fast, good in escaping and has burst damage but on one go, it can kill only enemies with low health or unaware enemies with medium health.
Again I repeat : on one go.
Here Hunter, paper runner ship kills ships with some defense like Emperor thro RD without running.
With old prot Hunter was not able to do that.
It needed to run a lot and use its stun and speed actu advantage to take tough ship like Emperor down.
It was logical.
Hunter is not heavy assault ship with big guns & big armor to take down other brawler without running.
Its hit & run assassin, it has to run a lot to kill ships with medium or high defense.
Now Hunter looses vs Emp only if latter one abuses Ifrit and Hunter pilot is not skilled enough to outrun and negate it from range..
So I dont know if you care to read and analyze this guys.
Ships getting outclassed, who knows what ship will be useless after new RDX comes in, items are messed up and unfairly nerfed, giving only certain class huge advantage.
Game does not give me back enough fun to make it worth for money I pay for it.
So honestly I dont want to play regularly & buy any golds anymore till you fix items (at least prot) which was unfairly nerfed without even asking or letting players know anything.

Good Luck
This isn't kinda the topic, but I totally agree. Ships started getting unbalanced long ago due to armor adjustments. Some that have better combinations of items, have even greater armor than some that do not, which makes ships outclassed.
Also i can agree on items part. OS as weapon can make it that way to basically 1-shot you almost with fast cooldown recharge, while 'aggrobomb' doesn't fit its name. Aggrobomb should have constant higher damage than OS, but same long cooldown. So: OS - lower damage, better cooldown, aggrobomb - higher damage, longer cooldown.
About Aim Scrambler it has been nerfed so many times, so we don't know what to say about it's effectivity, it seems like random working. Protector has been nerfed as we tested long ago, despite the 'info' that says it isn't. We who play years with some ships especially in pvp are able to check it.
So about this, a lot of ships are broken with new nerfs and changes. My personal wish is that these should be adjusted. I know many people that left during 2017 after getting disappointed with the new PvP overhaul patch then. Unbalanced difference between PvE and PvP damage as well, making good damage etc. with Sol ship or Mizar to Draconis, while in PvE you can't do anything to units. In old PvP and PvE before 2017s update it was balanced. I'd like you to do something about it before more people leave as well, since their patience with getting bored all over again is going down. This isn't just my voice, but players aren't satisfied.
Greetings

Fra_592

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
TheWindsurfer
Rank
Clan
shamrock
Yeah, strong items (orbi, aggrobomb, mine to mention only them) are way too random to me as well, but alas that's nothing new.
Scrambler has been nerfed true, but i still see some tanks/quartz able to make all my SBs miss for 20-30 seconds, so i guess it ain't that bad, although i do not play many scramblers ships myself, but for different reasons.
Protector nerfed? Definitely not true. Protector before was like 30-50% weaker and it had longer cooldown and a long perforator, that had nearly no cooldown, could go 100% through it :unsure:
The Hunter is OP, true, but that's not because of an non-existent protector nerf. When hunter came out, a single rocket or orbi, or even a critical strong sniperblaster could take a strong protector off. Nowadays, a long protector takes from 50% to 75% from a strong orbi, so protector is definitely not the reason.
Emperor was Hunter's nemesis, true. But at that time, emperor had more HP than a granit and a dominator, and was effectively the ship with the most HP in the whole game. It needed a nerf and got a well-deserved one, and it is now a very good ship still.
What really made the Hunter OP is the fact that it suddenly became the fastest ship in the game, while poenari got its HP buffed and its speed reduced, and locust got its hp reduced as well. On top of that stuns got changed, and the hunter is pretty much the only ship that didn't really care about the stun not being a total stop for 30 seconds since it has the speed to outrun you even without a stun. Kill its speed, and suddenly it becomes a lot more weaker to the likes of poenari and obsidian. And i also know some players that left the game right after pvp adjustment sadly, for the reason that it was very obvious that hunter was gonna stay OP for a while and diversity in PvP reduced, despite new ships coming.
I agree also that some items, especially aggrobomb really need some love, but i hope those will be fully adressed when comes the time for CQ update or PVP update 2. And if i'm still around at that time you can expect some walls of texts from me :devilish:
I'm not sure i got the point about pve tho, i'm killing units as fast as before on all old systems

katana88

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
__KaTaNa__
Rank
Protector nerfed? Definitely not true.
Prot is nerfed, not only me but also other PvPer people would agree if they were here.
I was always in touch with Hunter vs Emp PvP.
I have played both and what I can say surely is that Emp was still rocking after they nerfed it and it was not second biggest hp ship in game anymore but last months it happens what I wrote above. It's faster than Emp and in close combat it has way high firepower, simply goes thro Rd and takes down prot also very fast.. faster than before. Before hunter needed buff and speed to remove prot fast.
Emp can't outrun it, if even it manages, it has speed actu and will get things back faster and will ab to u again with stun or Rd ready..
So close combat doesn't work vs it(which is not logical), running does not work vs it .. that ship is broken.
So no fun for me anymore.

katana88

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
__KaTaNa__
Rank
Also I totally disagree that top flight speed should be removed from Hunter.
That way we just get more frustrated pilots in club.
Hunter is hit & run assassin ship, it should be fastest or second fastest so it can out run enemies to get CDs back.
It's logical and I don't mind it.
What I mind is that it kills most of ships without need of running or just with little ab out and in.
It should not be able to kill ships with defence without running a lot.
Simply make defensive items stronger again, and leave hunter whatever it is now.
What would be results?
Hunter would need to run more to take stronger ships down and if latter ones chased, they would loose but if they kept playing defensive, hunter would not be able to kill them.
That would be fair and logical, it's like this in every normal game with classes
Fast and nimble ships can kill bigger ships if they run for CDs but if tanky ships play passively and smart, they will not loose.
That's fair and makes sense.
Before hunter and emp was 50/50 in PvP.
One who would rush and make mistakes would die but none of them could kill other one in one go without need of much skills.
And for those who thinks old prot is same as new , go to this link and see older emp vs Hunter and know urself which is more logical, the past or the present.
So my solution to get balance back is to make defensive items worth to have again. At least make prot better this time since it was nerfed most recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.