Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Improved Cryonite drop amount for Tau Ceti

• After monitoring Cryonite drop amount for some time, we noticed that many of you still preferred Sirius for farming Cryonite. For high-level pilots, it is our aim to make Tau Ceti a more attractive system for farming Cryonite than Sirius.
As a result, Cryonite drop amount have been adjusted as follows:
  • Sirius Ring 2-3: slight decrease
  • Sirius Ring 4: slight increase
  • Sirius Ring 5: significant increase
  • Vénar, Earth (in unrest), Calon: most significant increase
Ok so maybe i just understand something wrong now but you increase the Droprate for R4/5 along with the droprate at TC Planets?

Wouldn´t this basicly nullify the purpose of going to TC for Modal/DR Tech Pilots if the droprate has been increased in Siri as well?

Ok the droprates at Calon are already pretty nice and i will have to do some testings again of those new rates but either there is a typo for R4/5 Planets or something else... BUT considering that the units are fairly doable now in TC with DR Tech maybe the increase for R4/5 more is meant for the pilots who still need stuff from there to help them get some starting capital for TC stuff when they can decry it.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Vesperion said:
Improved Cryonite drop amount for Tau Ceti

• After monitoring Cryonite drop amount for some time, we noticed that many of you still preferred Sirius for farming Cryonite. For high-level pilots, it is our aim to make Tau Ceti a more attractive system for farming Cryonite than Sirius.
As a result, Cryonite drop amount have been adjusted as follows:
  • Sirius Ring 2-3: slight decrease
  • Sirius Ring 4: slight increase
  • Sirius Ring 5: significant increase
  • Vénar, Earth (in unrest), Calon: most significant increase
Ok so maybe i just understand something wrong now but you increase the Droprate for R4/5 along with the droprate at TC Planets?

Wouldn´t this basicly nullify the purpose of going to TC for Modal/DR Tech Pilots if the droprate has been increased in Siri as well?

Ok the droprates at Calon are already pretty nice and i will have to do some testings again of those new rates but either there is a typo for R4/5 Planets or something else... BUT considering that the units are fairly doable now in TC with DR Tech maybe the increase for R4/5 more is meant for the pilots who still need stuff from there to help them get some starting capital for TC stuff when they can decry it.
Its not drop rate but amount.You wrong read what they add ;)

Hecatte

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Podatte
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Oke, well, i was using my sirius emperor that has ancient armor ofc and i kinda realized with my mates that the long protector is weaker than it should be, anything to do about this bcoz is quite not balanced, is like an ancient protector with more cooldown, the odion needed 3 blasters with buff to take it out

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Hecatte said:
Oke, well, i was using my sirius emperor that has ancient armor ofc and i kinda realized with my mates that the long protector is weaker than it should be, anything to do about this bcoz is quite not balanced, is like an ancient protector with more cooldown, the odion needed 3 blasters with buff to take it out
Yes.Now percept have hp like old long prot.
No one say that need be simple ^ ^
I think finaly now is a balanced becouse you have ships who can kill,pod but stop be immortals.

Now left changes this stupid thing on engie what make him priority target.Its not helped at all for healer who now have top hard work in game.Game should be fun no hard work.
Engie can not be effective if he pod or need run trying help others ...

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Cryonite increase 1st impressions: Venar LZ Assassins differ between 800-1000 cryo (counting Plus drone) , which is good , LZ Signors give 1500+ cryonite , that's very good for LZ. But difference between Level should be at least higher cryo for Weaker - Stronger units. I noticed that also R88 Signors drop 1500+ cryonite , which isn't different than LZ ones.
Suggestion: With level cryonite should increase , because i noticed LZ Sejmets on Calon also drop 1500 cryonite , and they are 8 levels above Venar LZ signors (LZ signors r85 , LZ sejmets 2 planets higher are lvl 93).
About r87-r88 harvesters on Venar , i noticed they drop 600-700 cryo which is fine , while harvs drop 5k+. That is pretty solid for their level , but other units should also differ by difficulty strength such as: LZ Assassins drop 900 cryo , and R87-R88 Strikers also drop 900 - and with that strikers are lot stronger and harder than LZ Assassins.
- Any less than 900 cryo for LZ Assassins would be bad , but as i mentioned above , drop should differ by [level and difficulty of unit] , by my opinion no one would bother grinding on Calon or Earth (in unrest) if amount doesn't have almost difference and units are a lot harder.
-> Remember that grinding is considered as 1-2 men , full squad sharing in normal system splits cryonite too much. If you plan on Tau Ceti being better grind place than Sirius. Amount is around 50% higher than old one , and 100% higher considering reducement of TC3 formula for HP , good thoughts even on this increase :)

note: Odion r96 Drop 3.3k on Calon , which is fine , but consider that difficulty in Calon for grinding is harder , and if we count split by killing in squad in at least two players , it's lot less.
another note: Remember that harv Spots in both Venar and Calon aren't clear spots , only in EIU there are.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello Rajaa,

Cryonite is more based in HP than in level ;)

Tau Ceti is actually ~X2 from its previous cryonite comparing it to the cryonite that was giving with the HP reduction.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Fission said:
Hello Rajaa,

Cryonite is more based in HP than in level ;)

Tau Ceti is actually ~X2 from its previous cryonite comparing it to the cryonite that was giving with the HP reduction.
I understand , but it shouldn't be HP related that much :) Instead difficulty is the other thing , what effort you need to take to kill the unit.
Considering Sirius have more HP of units , i can still take 2 SUs or 4 MUs at once on me and kill them with splash. And make 2x faster cryonite than in TC. Considering drop rate , if TC doesn't have 90% drop rate at this point , it's still under r5 Requirements , maybe even less than r4 if we consider farming cryonite. (considering normal drop rate at both Sirius and TC , Sirius is still above TC atm).

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Big Thx for that buff to cryo :)
Now is much easer.
Finaly we have changes.Hipe is not end :)
Game need much more changes.

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
hektor.barbossa said:
Big Thx for that buff to cryo :)
Now is much easer.
Finaly we have changes.Hope is not end :)
Game need much more changes.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
The amount of cryo changes is very good. I think the amounts are correct, thinking to future because the ne0n rares for TC4 + two armors + gold BPs it will take a lot of cryo.

If you follow the same logic as previous systems, I think the buy value of a rare ne0n ship will be 1600~1700k (x2 normal ne0ns) and the same difference with the armors (rare ne0n thermograde up to 800k, deluvian maybe nearest 1000k).

On parsecs / ravens (I have already the three new ravens full TC deep recurrent) we will have an advanced armor like in Sol (or not?) and if I not wrong the cost of the golden BPs are around x2 the best blueprint of the system.

So... the changes are very good. Included the Colosuss reward what motivates more to participe. Yeah there always are people making teams. But is harder to control or avoid that....
Maybe changing the deathmatch mode of colossus (or switching mode each saturday) to squads battles for 2vs2 or more (changing this as tech and lifes does already) up to 5vs5 on diferent instances for each battle. This might be very good :mrorange:
In that case the two squads only will land on the center of Colosuss. And only that will be the zone playable of the instance (to avoid longer runs to recover skills or hidding).
It's only a idea ^^

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Ah! and other thing I have to say is: the cryo drop rate hasn't change!
It stay at the same as before... (I have read people that say otherwise) :eek: :confused:

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Just to clarify. We did NOT change the cryonite "drop rate/chance" and this has not changed since beta. ;)

But what we have changed, is the "amount of cryonite that a drop contains".
So in result you get more cryonite per hour in your grinding sessions depending on the spot you choose to gather cryonite. Sure the optimal farm spot for your level/tech/etc. must be found again as your farm location might not be it anymore. As written in the changelog we will monitor those curves carefully and might need to adjust it, if the real data does not match our model.

But I can understand the confusion about the terminology though, as we mixed it up ourselves in the changelog and in the galaxy news. Sorry for that.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Highway said:
Just to clarify. We did NOT change the cryonite "drop rate/chance" and this has not changed since beta. ;)
I hate to say that Highway BUT Cryo drops did have changed over the course of the game considering that i´m a day one player.

I only wanna remind you to your 1st attempt to encourage players to farm in their respective system with the respective tech cus when Sol was in development you introduced another system of penalty to the pilots that simply reduced the worth of a cryo instead of the chance of an drop and already using Mizar tech against Gemini units was an heavy cut.

The droprates until Sol have been mainly a drop every 2-3 units and when your 1st attempt failed very obviously (a lot of rage from the playerbase) you removed the old penalty system and when Sol has been released in secret the droprates of Cryos have been changed so that until now it´s not unusual that a drop might occur around 6 units+ killed.

Even if i might sound like a parrot already but the issue is not the worth of a cryo it´s the rng rate that is the factor here. You can give a unit a cryo that is worth a ton but it brings nothing if those units drop in a session of farming in 1 hour only 2-3 times.

The penalty we recieve when hunting with higher tech in lower systems is an "placebo" as well cus again when i did some crazy sessions in lower systems with top tech the rate of drops was not that much different in compare to hunting with the system tech in the system (either it was a good rate or a bad rate of drops).

What Split needs to implement is a system that gurantees a drop if pilots hunt with the respective system tech at the same system planets but in return reduces the cryo worth (again) and if hunting in a lower system with the higher tech simply reduce the chance for a drop by a lot or completely remove it.

You can only prevent pilots to go into lower system with higher tech if you make it so that a drop occurs to 100% if we hunt with TC Tech on TC Planets, Siri Tech on Siri planets, etc. And if we hunt with lower tech in a higher system we have the 100% chance as well cus mostly when we enter a new system we need to hunt for the new tech so there should be no penalty at all for the Pilots.

Sure a 100% drop may sound like a lot but then again you wanna prevent us to hunt in lower systems like Siri with higher tech but raise the ammount of cryos for those units and don´t change anything on the current rates of rng.

eggyboffer

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
EggyBoffer
Rank
Clan
Fatal Ascension
Vesperion said:
Highway said:
I hate to say that Highway BUT Cryo drops did have changed over the course of the game considering that i´m a day one player.

I only wanna remind you to your 1st attempt to encourage players to farm in their respective system with the respective tech cus when Sol was in development you introduced another system of penalty to the pilots that simply reduced the worth of a cryo instead of the chance of an drop and already using Mizar tech against Gemini units was an heavy cut.

The droprates until Sol have been mainly a drop every 2-3 units and when your 1st attempt failed very obviously (a lot of rage from the playerbase) you removed the old penalty system and when Sol has been released in secret the droprates of Cryos have been changed so that until now it´s not unusual that a drop might occur around 6 units+ killed.

Even if i might sound like a parrot already but the issue is not the worth of a cryo it´s the rng rate that is the factor here. You can give a unit a cryo that is worth a ton but it brings nothing if those units drop in a session of farming in 1 hour only 2-3 times.

The penalty we recieve when hunting with higher tech in lower systems is an "placebo" as well cus again when i did some crazy sessions in lower systems with top tech the rate of drops was not that much different in compare to hunting with the system tech in the system (either it was a good rate or a bad rate of drops).

What Split needs to implement is a system that gurantees a drop if pilots hunt with the respective system tech at the same system planets but in return reduces the cryo worth (again) and if hunting in a lower system with the higher tech simply reduce the chance for a drop by a lot or completely remove it.

You can only prevent pilots to go into lower system with higher tech if you make it so that a drop occurs to 100% if we hunt with TC Tech on TC Planets, Siri Tech on Siri planets, etc. And if we hunt with lower tech in a higher system we have the 100% chance as well cus mostly when we enter a new system we need to hunt for the new tech so there should be no penalty at all for the Pilots.

Sure a 100% drop may sound like a lot but then again you wanna prevent us to hunt in lower systems like Siri with higher tech but raise the ammount of cryos for those units and don´t change anything on the current rates of rng.
Been saying this for months and yet they still wont listen!

hektor.barbossa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Alone Wolf
Rank
Clan
The Unconquered
Highway said:

So in result you get more cryonite per hour in your grinding sessions depending on the spot you choose to gather cryonite. Sure the optimal farm spot for your level/tech/etc. must be found again as your farm location might not be it anymore. As written in the changelog we will monitor those curves carefully and might need to adjust it, if the real data does not match our model.

But I can understand the confusion about the terminology though, as we mixed it up ourselves in the changelog and in the galaxy news. Sorry for that.
Its true,drop rate no changes but new system "effort" change that for solo player.
Yes we have now more cryonite but drop rate is depend of effort right ?
That why we see great drop rate on sq but solo sometimes even 15 enemys ar empy.
Im glad to see changes on amount,finaly is great cryo,but i remember old pirate galaxy system where solo i get much more cryo like now with new effort system.

Looks right,finaly sirius is clan system,but why all the time solo job is less effective if need longer shot ?
Ok,solo i get cryo for myself,on sq share,but let me be precise - when i try grind solo i have 6-8 empy enemys on r5 [ no different if wu,mu or su ] and in one hour i have 10-40k cryonite.
On same planet i squad 3-4 people i can earn in hour 50-80k.
So if drop chance is not changes,looks like sq effort gives better drop rate ?

Now where is sense grind alone ?
It's quite frustrating when the 10 in a row are empty.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
hektor.barbossa said:
Its true,drop rate no changes but new system "effort" change that for solo player.
That why we see great drop rate on sq but solo sometimes even 15 enemys ar empy.
Im glad to see changes on amount,finaly is great cryo,but i remember old pirate galaxy system where solo i get much more cryo like now with new effort system.

Looks right,finaly sirius is clan system,but why all the time solo job is less effective if need longer shot ?
Ok,solo i get cryo for myself,on sq share,but let me be precise - when i try grind solo i have 6-8 empy enemys on r5 [ no different if wu,mu or su ] and in one hour i have 10-40k cryonite.

Cryonite is good for me i do farm earth venar or Ring 5 depending on what i want to do and i get a good amount of cryo. i dont know which ship are you using to farm but from my side its looking nice

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
hektor.barbossa said:

The thing with sq is simply that only when you fly in sq there is a chance of a double/triple drop while during solo you only get 1 drop all the time. However in theory you can fly in sq but still hunt "solo" while having the chance for a double/triple drop just on an rarer chance but i can confirm that it still happens cus during an solo session were everyone else was afk i got a double drop from a unit.

Aside from quicker kills and fighting way longer flying in sq does make a difference in farming cus you don´t have to throw in some cd rounds to get your "endurance items" (rd, prot,shield, taunt, rturr, etc.) back so that you have them available during a hunt.

What i can say for calon atm is that 100k/hour+ (Ult Cryo Boost + cryo drone) seem to be a possible thing if you have a good spot with units that you can fight without much trouble and don´t dish out a ton of dmg in short time while you fly solo. The spot i found gives 3-5k/drop (with bonuses) depending on the unit of course.

Considering the sq however at some point it was an plan of split to make flying in sq rewarding so it makes sense that the rate for drops should be a bit higher in compare to flying solo to balance the shared cryo out but atm that idea is a bit backfiring considering that Siri Units still seem to drop way higher worth cryo then any unit at TC and even the higher HP of Siri units seem not to drive pilots with dr tech out if i just consider the chat today and how much pilots where shooting in siri were i know that a good bunch of them has already the dr tech.

Will have to test new earth/venar and siri though to get an better comparision feel but atm i prefer to hunt at Calon yet alone for the well made music then for the cryos :LOL:

KingSub

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Black Giant
Rank
Clan
What's that?
hektor.barbossa said:
Highway said:

Hello o/ I often noticed that in sirius kryonite is not always fall good .. it doesn't matter whether you have a 3% 7% or 13% penalty. BUT! With 13% penalty I did 100k + with DR Tech in one hour without boosters, this was before the kryo ammount update .. yesterday I did 55k with my para in Moda Tech in just 20min .. Crazy right? :D I think the update was very successful, the drop rate leaves a lot to be desired, but with a good ship like the paragneiss there is a lot of kry.. the prices go up and we had no idea where to farm. now it's more attractive for us ;)

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Exclude gravitons from all challenge planets including Colossus and Conquest. Not that people just team on Colossus , but also spend gravitons. Gravitons shouldn't be allowed at Challenge planets because of overpower (Colossus is deathmatch and Conquest is size teams , so there is no need to keep gravitons for challenge). I hope you will consider this as just making Prize higher won't solve anything.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Rajaa said:
Exclude gravitons from all challenge planets including Colossus and Conquest. Not that people just team on Colossus , but also spend gravitons. Gravitons shouldn't be allowed at Challenge planets because of overpower (Colossus is deathmatch and Conquest is size teams , so there is no need to keep gravitons for challenge). I hope you will consider this as just making Prize higher won't solve anything.
I dont know if they would do that...
But I have a question for devs: What restriction is planned to gravitons on new conquest system?

Status
Not open for further replies.