Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Highway said:
Galacticfighter said:
this planet looks amazing some charming colours u chose there
Thanks mate. Which I had a "Hearts" icon here i could use for you post :)
You can make one couldn't you?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
yeah but a new forum is in preperation :p

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Hmm it looks like you have tested new phpBB version with the Steel Legions forum :mrorange:

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
nothing stays unoticed by community. But thats just the "preperation". ^^ ^^

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Hey Highway and whole developers team.

As you saw on my livestream, I was very happy of the update and things that we have gained with the Tau Ceti Part 3. But basically, after some tests, and after dropping all decent tech for my Huntah, I tested few things by myself and saw few issues. They are not issues at all as meant by name "bugs", but basically I think some things should be adjusted.

For the all things, I will make Pirates' Voice episode, as these are few for quite nice, 8 minute long video at least. But the most important thing i will try to describe here. I think here about the cryonite amount gained from Tau Ceti NPCs. The cryonite gained from them is scaled with difficulty and armor of them, as far as I recognized for a long time I have been playing this game. But the amounts of Tau Ceti NPCs gained are really bad in my opinion (and not only mine).

Deep Recurrent Blaster costs 257,944 cryonite. That means, with grinding speed 100 000 cryonite per hour (no boosters, only PLUS Refiner Drone) on Ring 3 on Sirius with Sirius items, the blaster would take ~2,58 hours. With Calon tech on Venar, that supposed to be a good place to grind considering the "tech reduction" issue and stuff, I got without booster and only drone activated, the speed of 60 000 cryonite per hour. That means, I would get this blaster in ~4,30 hours. Being honest, isn't it too bad?

Cryonite gained from Venar LZ Assassin is the amount of around 450 cryonite. And Signor, that is quite tough, because it needs 4 blasters and 2 sniper blasters with Elite Fire-power Relay (20% more) to be killed, and drops only around 700 cryonite. That's not much I suppose. So I just ask here to increase the amount of cryonite dropped by Tau Ceti NPCs to finally leave the Sirius ships and let the Tau Ceti ones to grind for their own (TC Ship with Calon tech can't grind on Sirius too, 13% of drop reduction)

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Poland said:
[...]I think here about the cryonite amount gained from Tau Ceti NPCs. The cryonite gained from them is scaled with difficulty and armor of them, as far as I recognized for a long time I have been playing this game. But the amounts of Tau Ceti NPCs gained are really bad in my opinion (and not only mine).

Deep Recurrent Blaster costs 257,944 cryonite. That means, with grinding speed 100 000 cryonite per hour (no boosters, only PLUS Refiner Drone) on Ring 3 on Sirius with Sirius items, the blaster would take ~2,58 hours. With Calon tech on Venar, that supposed to be a good place to grind considering the "tech reduction" issue and stuff, I got without booster and only drone activated, the speed of 60 000 cryonite per hour. That means, I would get this blaster in ~4,30 hours. Being honest, isn't it too bad?

Cryonite gained from Venar LZ Assassin is the amount of around 450 cryonite. And Signor, that is quite tough, because it needs 4 blasters and 2 sniper blasters with Elite Fire-power Relay (20% more) to be killed, and drops only around 700 cryonite. That's not much I suppose. So I just ask here to increase the amount of cryonite dropped by Tau Ceti NPCs to finally leave the Sirius ships and let the Tau Ceti ones to grind for their own (TC Ship with Calon tech can't grind on Sirius too, 13% of drop reduction)
Oh boy another "Cryo drop and worth post" yeah lol.

Aside from facts as much as i have read in game is that the new top tech seems not to be as great so that an upgrade from Modal to "whatever the new tech is called now" seems not really worth it so that the real question should be: "Makes it sense to grind the cryo to upgrade your tech from Modal up just to have a bit more power but in return an higher penalty?"

Atm my guess would be due to the 1/3 HP reduction of TC units the next tech had to "suffer a bit as well in their efficency" to make it not to OP. Another thing i noticed however is that with the reduction of the TC unit HP the worth of their Cryos really did decrease as well cus prior to the Update a Signor in LZ droped ~800-1000 Cryo and now an 800 Cryo is nearly the top of their worth range.

Anyhows and anyways what PG really needs it not giving us more Cryos by simply shooting stuff over and over again and hope for a cryo to drop it needs either:
1. make it so that white missions reward you again with the Cryo reward (see daily/weekly/monthly missions - https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?p=197490#p197490) OR
2. make it so that every unit drops a cryo all the time but in return reduce the worth of Cryos by 25% at max (see Cryonite mechanics Change - https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?p=200769#p200769)

But more then praying the same things over and over again can´t we as players really do cus at the end Split can decide what mechanics they wanna have in the game and what prio they have on their list.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
alewx said:
gonzaabel said:
Hi, I bought the deep recurrent repair turret and I feel it not have so much diferences with the modal repair turret. Maybe it is not balanced properly :sneaky:
hi gonzaabel, the items in TC are not as extremly balance to each other as it was previously in Draconis or before.
The items still increase in their power but you will not get this op feel as it was with other systems.

Vesperion said:

I have noticed of that with the repair turret that repairs 1-2% per second, very similar to the modal turret (and I think the repair droid repairs my Gneis 1% more per second than modal)
And I don't know how the neuron tech improves over the modal... :|

In weapons, I have seened diferences that will be ok with the blaster, rockets, sniper blaster, orbital strike... but with the repair items it looks too similar with the modal ones. :confused:

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Good topic you are mentioning. We are actually working to improve the cryonite curve already but it was not ready to release it together with the Tau Ceti update. Since the formula correlates to the unit HP the drop was also reduced.

We hope when its done that the best spot to get cryonite will be on tau ceti planets and not in sirus. Alternative cryonite sources will be introduced with the new conquest system.

Btw: Poland, your live stream was great fun :)

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
gonzaabel said:
I have noticed of that with the repair turret that repairs 1-2% per second, very similar to the modal turret (and I think the repair droid repairs my Gneis 1% more per second than modal)
And I don't know how the neuron tech improves over the modal... :|

In weapons, I have seened diferences that will be ok with the blaster, rockets, sniper blaster, orbital strike... but with the repair items it looks too similar with the modal ones. :confused:
The following bug fixed on TC3 Update related to repair items maybe is the problem?

• Adjusted internal repair item mechanics to counter level difference based exploits.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
Highway said:
Good topic you are mentioning. We are actually working to improve the cryonite curve already but it was not ready to release it together with the Tau Ceti update. Since the formula correlates to the unit HP the drop was also reduced.

We hope when its done that the best spot to get cryonite will be on tau ceti planets and not in sirus. Alternative cryonite sources will be introduced with the new conquest system.

Btw: Poland, your live stream was great fun :)
The main factor and issue is and stays the rng of a drop cus it´s wonky as hell HW. I have seen and done everything that may sound crazy but if i fly with the top tech (modal in my case cus still haven´t started the New Earth SM yet since TC2 came out lol) and an penalty of 30-45% or whatever the highest was at that point the rng of drops is insanly unstable.

Sometimes i can fly all over a planet kill stuff in 1 hit and the cryo drop like crazy with that insane penalty. Then i can fly on a planet with no penalty at all shoot stuff like crazy and only get 1-2 cryos out of 10 units. And on totaly other times the drops seem equal (a lot or insanly less) with high penalty and no penalty.

The issue isn´t really the worth of a cryo (that´s more 2ndary) it´s actually the chance of droping a cryo cus of that wonkiness. So it makes "more sense" to go hunt in Siri cus if a cryo drops it´s at least 3x more worth then a TC Cryo from Venar (R5 MU units+). I remember the early times of the game where Cryodrops nearly occured with every 2nd-3rd kill so that it was a pretty stable situation.

PG did drive the path for years that hunting with higher tech in the lower system (at least the previous one) is the most efficent one atm. A possible way to solve that would be to make it so that if you use the system tech in the same system that a unit always drops a cryo (no matter if top planet or starting planet of the system of course and again with an 25% reduced cryo worth) maybe even always a BP (looking at you Modal Speed Actuator that not drops in 3 days of straight hunting) so that in the end golds will stay the final rng factor.

At the same time however the chances for a drop in lower system with higher tech (hunting in Siri with TC tech as example) would then have to suffer heavily in order to "convince" the pilot to farm in the corrosponding System by reducing the dropchance of a cryo to just 10% or something like that.

The only worry system then would still be Siri here cus in theory it would stay the best farming system then considering everything at R3+ and when hunting with Siri tech and 100% drop all the time so that here the cryo worth would have to take an hefty cut so that R5 more or less would have the same worth like Venar cryos...

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Poland said:
I would agree on that. Difficulty on all 3 planets is right on place. Only complain I'd say is cryonite as well , prices go up and we've really spent fortune :D
I hope new update for the increase of drop value will be good :D
Also, I look forward to new official trailer this year with some good action music (after the CQ update) :)

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Properly made video about all adjustments I would like to talk about:

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Basically, we have made few PvPs with Hecatte with new tech to see, how PvP Overhaul patch works this tech and... Hmm, well... Everything you can see on this video:

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Poland said:
Basically, we have made few PvPs with Hecatte with new tech to see, how PvP Overhaul patch works this tech and... Hmm, well... Everything you can see on this video:
Interesting PvP's Poland, Good work ;)

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Highway said:

We hope when its done that the best spot to get cryonite will be on tau ceti planets and not in sirius.
This sounds very interesting, it will be ready soon or it will take a while? ^^

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
I Hope we can get it soon to make a good amount of cryo in Vénar.

TarryBark

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Playername
Rank
I noticed that the opponents, especially the new ships, have no information when you scan them. This is especially irritating if you're new to the Tau Ceti system, because you don't know the new enemies you have to adapt to at all.

I hope the missing information will be provided later, that I can get information about the enemy and his abilities and armament. Therefore there is also the function for scanning. Otherwise it would be useless. :) The old Mantis also have all descriptions.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
What will happen to Mizar and Sol Defender gold blueprints of earlier Easter events? Will they drop since i see only Magnet Trap blueprints. I asked since last Easter , but since 10th Anniversary replaced Easter time , there was no event with Hyan blueprints.

[new note: i see they are added , but only in shop , so we cannot get them anymore through normal event progress?]

Razzorkill

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Razzorkill
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
I also have a question regarding Easter Event. Will the rabbit stew achievement be activated this year? I asked about it for years now to be put back, and answer I got is we maybe do it next year. Would be nice to finish the few event achievements I have left to do.

Best regards Razzorkill

Status
Not open for further replies.