Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Heavy artillery said:
Steckdose said:
Heavy artillery said:
Are some of these screenshots on the new planet? (not the CQ planet)
The first screenshot is obviously from Earth. By the way the new planet will be the CQ planet, every content from TC part 2 will be on existing planets. No new story planet will be introduced before TC part 3. It's all in this thread.
Yes but it is still possible they could send screenshots from further parts of tau ceti as in the sirius adjustment dev shack, they have sent us a screen shot of a red colored tau ceti ship that hasn't been introduced in part 1 or part 2 yet.
Yes that's right. The screenshots shows the alternative earth where Tc part 2 will take place.

gonzaabel said:
1. How will be the conquest mechanics changes?
2. What will be the minimum and maximum size of the teams?
3. You will restrict the use of gravitons?
4. When you say cryonite as reward, I think you say something like only will receive prizes the pilots who participe. Or it will be x% cryo boost for all the fleet like in the past?
5. You leaved an "..." so it will mean you have more features planned to it :mrorange:
1. This is still final in its design so i can not write you details yet. What I can tell is that we try to simplify the registration phase, logfiles etc. to offer have a better and less obtrusive approach to join conquest.

2. We plan to have a dynamic team size so that it will be possible to to play fair pvp battles even for clans of different sizes. You can have 2 vs 2 up to how many each team might bring into the fight.

3. Yes we plan to increase the cooldown time for gravitons as long as the ship is on the surface of a conquest planet. Hopefully gravitons will then used more carefully as they where initially intended to be. A Joker to change the course of the combat.

4. Good questions. The cryonite you will earn will not be a percentage booster, instead the clans will get the cryonite directly into their fund. It can then be distribute back to its members or use it for conquest ships etc. To avoid exploits some other changes are needed to round this up. The good thing about that is that also the clan that does not win gets its share based on their actions on the conquest planet.

5. Jup, they will all support the main conquest adjustments. But would not be easy to understand if I would just put them in as bullet points. Better to unravel them by questions from the community ^^

MOE said:
P.S: Can u do a teaser like for part. Would love to see one. Also would like to know if u will keep venar for spaceball event and now it wont be that ez to do it there? :?:
A video teaser featuring part 2 would be great to have. But I am not sure if we find the time for it. Lets see :)
If there is an issue with the spaceball event on venar I am sure that we will look into that. But mostly the event will be like the one from 2017.

Razzorkill

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Razzorkill
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
So we are not getting the fan drones from 2012 and 2014 this year either? Really want to complete the ones missing.. Any chance of getting them back on a later event?

Best regards Razzorkill

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Razzorkill said:
So we are not getting the fan drones from 2012 and 2014 this year either? Really want to complete the ones missing.. Any chance of getting them back on a later event?

Best regards Razzorkill
Maybe offering them in the store for purchase with gold, like the last Spaceball offer?

ichbins2010

Reaction score
Razzorkill said:

Best regards Razzorkill
Warum? Ein Sprichwort sagt "wer nicht da ist dem bestraft das leben".Hier geht es ohnehin schon zu wie im Ramschladen. der letzte geniestreich liegt erst wenige tage zurück als man die TR schiffe jeden zugänglich gemacht hat obwohl sie eigentlich ein preis für besondere leistungen waren. für mich sind diese nun völlig ohne wert mehr . und nein ich hatte selber vorher auch keins von diesen schiffen. aber für mich persöhnlich war dieses thema durch.
warum dann nicht gleich auch noch das JS schiff von kingSaja für jeden ?
Für was macht man sich eigentlich die mühe in den original events die belohnungen zu erarbeiten wenn man dann nur auf ostern oder weihnachten warten muss um all diese dinge hinterhergetragen zu bekommen?

marcelo_chile

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
hmagodeozh
Highway said:
Hey Everyone, its devshack time ^^

First off I am sorry that we are about to get delayed for TC Part 2. We underestimated how much effort seasonal/anniversary events for the games still takes, especially when you have a lot of stuff in the works. Most of the remaining tasks to finish TC Part 2 will be done by the same hand that also works on the events. :confused:

That said, you will get the previous Spaceball event in June together with global boosters for the ones that already finished the rewards of the event to reduce further delay and to fill the gap.

But there is a good side to this, because other team member are soon free to improve other aspects of Pirate Galaxy that was not initially planned for this update. So the obvious choice would be to bring forward adjustments for the Conquest System, since we will add a new Conquest planet to Tau Ceti. Here some bullet points for it :)

View attachment 2

Conquest Adjustments
  • Cryonite as Reward
  • Dynamic Team sizes
  • No Cryonite loss
  • Changed Conquest Mechanics

We hope we can bring back the old glory to the Conquest and more players will join the fight. Especially since it will be an alternative to get cryonite besides farming.

Like always feel free to leave your questions & comments here.

BTW: there is a new puzzle ready which shows a new vista from the conquest planet.

View attachment 1

if there is no new planet means that there will be no components higher than level 88?
I would like to know if we will see superior components

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Highway already gave info about this, and ye, we will have new tech tiers, just see the beginning of this dev shack.

Ability to farm TC tech together with 3 new item types
Ability to farm/unlock 3 new TC ships

Heavy Artillery said:
How many tiers of tech will there be for part 2?

Two tiers, like in part 1.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Highway said:
1. This is still final in its design so i can not write you details yet. What I can tell is that we try to simplify the registration phase, logfiles etc. to offer have a better and less obtrusive approach to join conquest.

2. We plan to have a dynamic team size so that it will be possible to to play fair pvp battles even for clans of different sizes. You can have 2 vs 2 up to how many each team might bring into the fight.

3. Yes we plan to increase the cooldown time for gravitons as long as the ship is on the surface of a conquest planet. Hopefully gravitons will then used more carefully as they where initially intended to be. A Joker to change the course of the combat.

4. Good questions. The cryonite you will earn will not be a percentage booster, instead the clans will get the cryonite directly into their fund. It can then be distribute back to its members or use it for conquest ships etc. To avoid exploits some other changes are needed to round this up. The good thing about that is that also the clan that does not win gets its share based on their actions on the conquest planet.

5. Jup, they will all support the main conquest adjustments. But would not be easy to understand if I would just put them in as bullet points. Better to unravel them by questions from the community ^^
Wow! :eek:
All sounds very interesting. Fantastic!

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
destroier6 said:
Highway already gave info about this, and ye, we will have new tech tiers, just see the beginning of this dev shack.

Ability to farm TC tech together with 3 new item types
Ability to farm/unlock 3 new TC ships

Heavy Artillery said:
How many tiers of tech will there be for part 2?

Two tiers, like in part 1.
....I think that post was said ages ago destroier, don't know why you brought that up.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Heavy artillery said:
....I think that post was said ages ago destroier, don't know why you brought that up.
Because someone said that if there will be no components higher than the ones that we already have xD

POSITRON3

Reaction score
may coming to end, so there is a new approximated date for deploy tau cety 2? or beta test tau 2?

harrys1

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
- A X E L -
Rank
that tau cety part 2 and the planet of conquest that will be dynamic teams will be great, so are less people than the other fleet, will have to strike in equal I love that part and the reward changed a little gravitones to crionita, this super, but we hope to see you come :LOL: :LOL:

Mastian

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Mastian
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
It's June 2019 and Tau Ceti is still not finished xD not even Part 2 is out yet
Thanks to Splitscreen Studios i have no regrets in not playing since last year.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Mastian said:
Probably another delay.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Heavy artillery said:
Mastian said:
Probably another delay.
I guess part 2 is in it's final development, so releasing it in mid/late july or august wouldn't be big delay and it would fit most people that are on holidays/vacations.

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
https://imgur.com/OdiMZu1
What is That?

DantePlays

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dante Knelly
Rank
Clan
No clan
Sleep said:
What is That?
Looks like a phoenix S with purple alloy :|

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
DantePlays said:
Sleep said:
What is That?
Looks like a phoenix S with purple alloy :|
Maybe , many of my friends thought it was a Pink Cryonite but i don't think so...
Conspiracy?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Rajaa said:
I guess part 2 is in it's final development, so releasing it in mid/late july or august wouldn't be big delay and it would fit most people that are on holidays/vacations.
You are right, Tau Ceti Part 2 is progressing pretty good so that we have a new release window for the end of July. Hopefully all the testing runs good so that no further delays will happen. :!:

As for the conquest changes we have announced for Tau Ceti Part 2 we finally settled on a conquest design that is pretty solid. It had several iterations due to a lot of good feedback from our Gamemasters, testing team and community ideas/feedback in the forums.

Initially we wanted to just fine adjust the current system but we quickly noticed that this would not be good approach to make conquest fun again. So now we have almost a complete new conquest system planned that we hope you will love. We are currently estimating the effort it takes to develop the concept and it might not fit into the Tau Ceti part 2 update. Still some stuff will come together with the Tau Ceti Part 2 that can be easily separated from the concept so it will not delay the update. Like:

• Remove cryonite loss on conquest planets
  • Remove Clan and friendlist size booster and increase clan and friendsize by default to max booster size.

We will post a separate devshack for the Conquest changes as they are pretty substantial. Hoping to see feedback on it that will not destroy the concept ^^

Now time for a goodie. Here is a fan made teaser from earth created by our GM Oceiros. Thanks Mate :D

Sleep

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
Sieep
Rank
Clan
ㄒ乂 $ (逸けゝ)
https://imgur.com/lIXCzAn #1 Ship
https://imgur.com/OyQz6vE #2 Ship
https://imgur.com/cTKwzgT #3 Ship
https://imgur.com/XXrSDar Rare enemy or a structure?
Nice video , a lot of effort put into it , Very Nice!

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Highway said:
Rajaa said:
You are right, Tau Ceti Part 2 is progressing pretty good so that we have a new release window for the end of July. Hopefully all the testing runs good so that no further delays will happen. :!:

As for the conquest changes we have announced for Tau Ceti Part 2 we finally settled on a conquest design that is pretty solid. It had several iterations due to a lot of good feedback from our Gamemasters, testing team and community ideas/feedback in the forums.

Initially we wanted to just fine adjust the current system but we quickly noticed that this would not be good approach to make conquest fun again. So now we have almost a complete new conquest system planned that we hope you will love. We are currently estimating the effort it takes to develop the concept and it might not fit into the Tau Ceti part 2 update. Still some stuff will come together with the Tau Ceti Part 2 that can be easily separated from the concept so it will not delay the update. Like:

• Remove cryonite loss on conquest planets
  • Remove Clan and friendlist size booster and increase clan and friendsize by default to max booster size.

We will post a separate devshack for the Conquest changes as they are pretty substantial. Hoping to see feedback on it that will not destroy the concept ^^

Now time for a goodie. Here is a fan made teaser from earth created by our GM Oceiros. Thanks Mate :D

The teaser is actually quite scary due to the lack of good quality and the flashes etc. Nonetheless, the fact all of the ancients and the mantis are together even makes the scene more bizarre as we have no idea what got them here and why they're in Earth. Seeing all these new components at an instant makes this very mysterious which leads to my opinion thinking the teaser as being..creepy. That's a positive opinion by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.