We plan to get this fix ready for the next maintenance update release
I will try my best to find something similar :p #hireMe

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Highway i have an opinion about a change that it should be good if comes with Tau Ceti Part 2 (since new conquest planet will also be added to this update):

I think Conquest Planets need more rewards because in all servers there are not to many conquest because pilots (and me) thinks the rewards that a CQ gives its not enough for what it gives, if devs and you change the system and also give some clan cryonite (or like a cryo membership for the system you have the CQ planet), also dont lose cryo when dying (like Colossus) or any other reward you think its good for it, this will make pilots try to make CQ more usually, in aurora last REAL conquest was 4 months ago, and this is happening with other servers aswell (not in gaia). Im talking for all the community, we love CQ, at least me, but a lot of pilots dont want to make them because they think its a lost of time.

I hope this can be changed ;)

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
destroier6 said:
Highway i have an opinion about a change that it should be good if comes with Tau Ceti Part 2 (since new conquest planet will also be added to this update):

I think Conquest Planets need more rewards because in all servers there are not to many conquest because pilots (and me) thinks the rewards that a CQ gives its not enough for what it gives, if devs and you change the system and also give some clan cryonite (or like a cryo membership for the system you have the CQ planet), also dont lose cryo when dying (like Colossus) or any other reward you think its good for it, this will make pilots try to make CQ more usually, in aurora last REAL conquest was 4 months ago, and this is happening with other servers aswell (not in gaia). Im talking for all the community, we love CQ, at least me, but a lot of pilots dont want to make them because they think its a lost of time.

I hope this can be changed ;)
I have to add to this the clan cryonite as reward is still not being a good prize. The conquest was better and more often when the prize was 10% more of cryo in the system of the CQ planet and 5% in the previous system. Also the alliance who help to win the conquest doesn't receive any prize and this is bad...

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
yeah, it was only some ideas, the best one in my opinion is like more % of cryo for the ally in the system :)

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Yeah, the old prizes of the CQ when the fleet received more % of cryo dropped should return and it would be nice.
Aplying the % extra of cryo for the Alliance instead only the fleet. It will increase the competitiveness between alliances to win CQs and the frecuency of it.

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
NGSpeed
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
I think the activity overall is not really high enough for making CQs a two parties gameplay event. It is really challenging to get 25 people together and this difficulty varies for each server. The dynamic of a CQ battle is very "one dimensional" and not really attractive. Increasing the rewards would make CQs viable again, but the participation limit of a clan or an alliance should (in my opinion) be reduced to 10 people, but the clans or alliances that can participate would increase to 5!

This would be more interesting, exciting and would get a touch of Colossus experience like in a
Squad-Deathmatch. The conquest ships could get adapted in damage and hitpoints + new conquest-shipclasses could be introduced. The logfiles for participating would lower down to 20 logfiles, so that an active clan with 10 members could participate easily for a battle after 2 days of donating logfiles. The capture points could be adapted for each planet with more smaller capture points, extra landing zones for each party and the time for each battle reduced from an average of 40min to 25-30min.

The numbers mustn't be necessarily like above, it could be just 3 clans/alliances with ~15 people (35 logfiles?), 4 clans with ~12 people (25-30logfiles).

What do you guys think of this idea? (voice communication for less people is even more comfortable xD)

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Conquests was made to give the experience of huge tactical pvp, where a lot of people is involved in. I think 25 people per alliance is a good one and it could be even increased lol. Smaller clans still can join the bigger alliance and participate in conquests of other clans and create their own. Alliance will help this way.

About low populated servers, I'd just suggest server merge here to get more populated servers and better experience at cqs, open world pvp and Colossus deathmatches.

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
NGSpeed
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
Yes big CQs are fun. Adding new modes to generate war score would be nice aswell. Merging the servers would be the best solution, but is it really possible ? Removing all skullheads or even a new ranking system wouldn't be a problem, since this is until today a beta feature. How will this effect the connection for each region ? high pings? Chat-rework is a thing aswell, chatrooms for each language in global chats. What will happen with your pilots from other servers? Bringing back the instances for sirius, because getting bps in 5th ring is already not that easy when 20 players are on the surface and all are hunting for the green tails^^
At the beginning of the week every conquest planet could be rolled by a dice and based on that the PVP event for generating war score could switch, I know a crazy idea.
To get more populated servers, there is a lot of work to do before even trying to make this game more popular, because like the beginners tend more to avoid the game after trying it out then actually wanting to make progress and explore the game.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Highway said:
Soon we post an little update with some screenshots of the new stuff.
Is that close?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
This week is quite full with dev task and i did not yet find the time to write an proper devshack update. I hope to find some spare time next week.

Let me at least give you a small puzzle with a teaser from Tau Ceti Part 2:
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=514&t=42294

Quite challenging this one ^^

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Hi, thinking about the new TC update I have some questions :mrorange:

The new skills for part two, will have Venar tiers (symbiotic and perceptronic)?

How will be the changes in the existing planets to able us get new BPs without crash with the 'normal environment' for the rest of players who aren't Tau Ceti? Maybe we only can get it with white missions? or in another planet instance? How it will be?

We can expect changes in the rewards of the CQs?

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Is the puzzle a screenshot of the moon in tau ceti?

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Solving the Tau Ceti Part 2 Puzzles in the video! Speed x12

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
I feel the second idea a little bit OP and still "useless for pve, but the first idea i think its perfect, it gives to the tank teamplay, more dmg in pve and pvp.

+1 for the first idea ;)

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
I dont like the idea of a pilot market in the game since can crush every grinding and a lot of things but i think the daily log rewards is MUST in games like this, because it makes the player to log in every day at least to get the reward, +1 for the daily login.

Also the search bar for the tech is good, but i dont think its a BIG problem.

Lets hope they check at least one of this ideas :)

DantePlays

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
Dante Knelly
Rank
Clan
No clan
Some really nice ideas here, not all but some

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Ok we are still pretty busy at work with Tau Ceti Part 2 and the upcoming events. But let's take a break and give you an update.

This is a special year for the Pirate Galaxy community, because the next event is not just an easter event, it's the 10 Year anniversary since the closed beta release. 10 Years... Wow what a time!
So this event celebration will be for our trusty fans that supported us during that very long time. Without you, Pirate Galaxy would not have grown into what it is today!
Thanks a lot and we hope that you join us for another 10 years :)

Details on the upcoming event will be posted soon in the forum, so watch this space.

Now to get back on the thread topic "Tau Ceti Part 2" :)
During development & testing we stumbled upon issues that we would like to fix/improve.

That will include the following changes & plans to the list for TC part 2:
- Mission board filtering option, for mission type, completion status, etc.
- Dynamic UI list loading to open windows with large content more quickly.
(Otherwise the Mission board takes ages to open when there are 400+ missions in it)
- Some Conquest adjustments for increasing the fun are currently evaluated

Btw thanks for your conquest planet design contributions. We have now created what we think is a good mix of several designs; you might find your ideas within the final result :)

cq_planet_wip01.jpgWork in Progress image

Currently the schedule shows that the release window is in June.
But we hope that we get it out earlier, since we have such a great and coordinated tester team that helps us out!

Q&A:

gonzaabel said:
1. The new skills for part two, will have Venar tiers (symbiotic and perceptronic)?
2. How will be the changes in the existing planets to able us get new BPs without crash with the 'normal environment' for the rest of players who aren't Tau Ceti? Maybe we only can get it with white missions? or in another planet instance? How it will be?
3. We can expect changes in the rewards of the CQs?
1. Its planned to have all new skills as well from symbiotic and upwards even when the ships that use them are introduced later on.

2. That's a very good question. We initially wanted to avoid to separate players into a new planet instance.
But this caused too many issues so that we changed our approach to have an alternate version of a planet where you can land on after reaching a certain milestone.
With that we are able to change a lot of things since it is basically a new planet zone. Hint: new Soundtrack ^^

3. We got a lot of feedback about Conquest in general from the community and our testers.
We are evaluating it, but don't expect huge changes that take a lot of time to develop. Focus is on Tau Ceti itself, but if we certainly want to squeeze something into part 2 :)

Heavy artillery said:
Is the puzzle a screenshot of the moon in tau ceti?
Nope it's from a planet you should well know. Lets give you another shot as a hint from where it is.
TC_earth_01.jpg

Ok back to work ^^

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Oh, it's earth in the mountain area. Why that though?

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
Highway said:
This is a special year for the Pirate Galaxy community, because the next event is not just an easter event, it's the 10 Year anniversary since the closed beta release. 10 Years... Wow what a time!
So this event celebration will be for our trusty fans that supported us during that very long time. Without you, Pirate Galaxy would not have grown into what it is today!
Thanks a lot and we hope that you join us for another 10 years :)
Can we expect suprise ( e.g. new drone like for 6th anniversary - Assassin drone ) or lighting chain gold BPs for mizar to be dropped from enemies?

Razzorkill

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Razzorkill
Rank
Clan
Justice Fighter
Is there ever going to be a drone repeat for spaceball drones from 2012 and 2014, the drones from different countries? :) Maybe put them out there for the 10 years anniversary sale or just repeat event?

Status
Not open for further replies.