What's new

Tau Ceti Intro & Part 1 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Reaction score
FYI, around the start of 2016 there was a CEO change, the old CEO started a new company focused on mobile games. About a year later 2 of SSG's best developers joined the old CEO. We can draw all kinds of conclusions from this, yet it's pointless to speculate. I agree that the development of PG has been way under par but whining about it will only add to your frustration.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
destroier6 said:
we can assume that the new ships that will be in the part 1 will be like hybrids ships with one new component and random skills and we will have added to this the normal class ships?( i mean, we will have the hybrids ships with one new skill each one, so 3 new hybrids, and the normal classes: defender, sniper, storm, engineer, shock and tank?
Heavy artillery said:
Will there be the main basic classes in the first Part of Tau ceti?
There will be 3 hybrid ships forming the new default classes for Tau Ceti where each of the ship has a new item/Skill. So that means that there will be no tank, sniper, storm etc. for Tau Ceti. But the parsecs/Ravens can be used if the player wants to stick to this classed. We wanted to build it that way so players would need to adapt their play style if they were to fly the new Tau Ceti ships.

The two new rare ships classes that are designed to use all the new item/skills will come in part 4.

-Decimator- said:
Was wondering after the new rare classes are released, will they also ever come in Parsec version?
^^ that is quite possible but I suppose that only will happen after all parts for TC are released.

katana33 said:
So as far I know, we need to have some ancient bps to get new Tau ceti bps, I was told that we just need sirius ancient blueprints.
Do we need all 3 variants of each bp (example rapid, strong and normal blaster) or even 1 type of sir ancient bp is enough ? :confused:
The first tau Ceti item will require only the base ancient item. For the next ones you need the base + a variant. Let me give you a brief example:

Tau Ceti Blaster Lvl85 =Tau Ceti Blaster Lvl85 BP + Sirius Ancient Blaster BP
Tau Ceti Blaster lvl89 = Tau Ceti Blaster lvl89 BP + Sirius Ancient Blaster BP + Sirius Ancient Rapid Blaster BP
Tau Ceti Blaster lvl91 = Tau Ceti Blaster lvl91 BP + Sirius Ancient Blaster BP + Sirius Ancient Strong Blaster BP

... and so on.

Here is a screenshot of the decrypt window that shows the level 89 Tau Ceti blaster as an example:

TC_dependencywindow.png

The rare Tau Ceti items will require a lot more of the ancient items including the rares and ancients from previous systems. Rare will be special again. its also planned to make it only possible to build ancient items when the rare item of the system was already collected.

Vega Ancient Blaster = Vega Ancient Blaster BP + Vega Rare Blaster BP

Heavy artillery said:
If it keeps taking this long then tau ceti could potentially be released in 2019! Obviously back then it never took quite a while to only release a system but my main question is why does it take such a ridiculous amount of time to release an update compared to before? We all know that all of you have potential to do much better than that with the speed (just like in the early days of PG) but why not anymore?
We briefly outlined in the Devshack #2 "The Development team" and i think :confused: also in other reply postings that we are small team. Actually we are a lot smaller than the time when we working on doing the Sol System etc. Since around 4 years we are only a small indie team of 6 people and volunteers GMs, Testers helping us out. Apart from developing the new updates the team is also responsible for the community and support and other daily maintenance work that is required to keep a company running.

So we are doing our best to get the updates ready as soon as possible but also with the mind to keep them in quality and not rushing them out. Therefore we kept the previous and upcoming update compact to bring them out sooner to you, but yes that also means some of it comes in 2019.

I hope it is more clear and understandable now :)

Traduction française par Fra_592 : ici

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Thx highway for all this reply. We really appreciate it a lot. Lv 91 hehehe, more levels, more fun :D

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
And a question. You dont think that for such a small team to manage 3 games at once is too much? Only an opinion :D

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
To see according to what I understood, now if you want the "Ancient Blaster Vega" in Sirius, will you need the Vega Blaster rare?

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
At the point that they are a team of 6 employees, why not summon the voluntary participation of players to program? Leaving much in clear that due to financial issues can not be paid, but with equal treatment to be protected both company and volunteer by law, many companies have done that and have gone ahead, plus I think more than one player is an expert in programming languages ​​and would love to work as a volunteer for the love of the game

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Would't it be unfair if you are trying to get a blaster from TC because it isnt your decision what drops in ancient planets so it could potentially take a while to only get 1 bp.

Malachi79

Reaction score
Heavy artillery said:
Would't it be unfair if you are trying to get a blaster from TC because it isnt your decision what drops in ancient planets so it could potentially take a while to only get 1 bp.
Agreed, This is one major flaw i see with this. Some bps have not been seen for months, even a year, yet we are expected to get these almost non-existent bps just to progress in a new "Story" system. What i can see happening is, people will get stuck on the lower tech (because they don't have the Ancient tech needed for the next tier), hence they wont be able to progress in TC, causing them to get stuck story wise and potentially give up all together. If this is the way the system is going to work, then there needs to be a way for these ancient bps that never drop but are needed to be obtained, Other than essentially halting peoples progress until the small chance that the bps they need drop. (Then we have the issue about manpower of actually getting the bp, the planet time frames.... etc).

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
I would personally think it's a good idea for individuals to decide for themselves what bps drop from the bosses. Therefore, they will get their own bps when dropped from the giza. I think this is fair.

DaKuaz

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
DaKuaz
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
First to be said:

Didnt everybody got the opportunity to collect every single bp since 2012 Sirius release?
There were first players finishing with all bps with the much faster rotation now after the last update and most players I know lack only a handfull of bps.
If somebody didnt used the time of 5,5 years to collect the blueprints available, why should he/she be able to skip the efford others made.
And to be honest with the last update you cant really complain about bp rotation anymore.
These players that made their main progress before September had very much more work than every player now rushing into/through Sirius.

Just keep that in mind for your feedback, because I can see already little mimimis getting started about "I dont have all bps, but want to be first to finish Tau Ceti"

My personal Feedback:

--> In my opinion this system seems to be very fair towards players that are (nearly) finished with their bp collection.

--> Players with a selective bp collection may be feeling a bit grumpy, as they maybe will get some more work to catch up with in Sirius, but with new Sirius Mechanic there wont be a long time of delay to somebody who needs one special bp.

--> All in all I like what I read and I am looking forward to further Information.

Suggestions:

--> What i would like very much about the mechanic would be, if it increases the needed bps from Tier 1 to n. So you will get a nice slope of difficulty in crafting Tau Ceti blueprints. So for Tier 3 you will need 3 Ancient items and for tier 4 corresponding 4 and so on.

--> For higher Tiers, blueprints from lower systems could be introduced too as they are available at all time.
For example lets say for Tier 5 blaster you need 4 Ancient blasters + 1 blue blaster from Draconis. This would deflate the difficulty a bit, so this system I suggested doesnt end in frustrating players getting stuck between too many frontiers of Bp search.

-Decimator-

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
-Decimator-
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Highway said:
The first tau Ceti item will require only the base ancient item. For the next ones you need the base + a variant. Let me give you a brief example:

Tau Ceti Blaster lvl89 = Tau Ceti Blaster lvl89 BP + Sirius Ancient Blaster BP + Sirius Ancient Rapid Blaster BP
Tau Ceti Blaster lvl91 = Tau Ceti Blaster lvl91 BP + Sirius Ancient Blaster BP + Sirius Ancient Strong Blaster BP

... and so on.
While I see this idea can probably work it can use some more adjustments so players are abit more freely in which bp they have to obtain. As what is showed above, it force players to have the Ancient normal bps from start to even get started in TC, but there is no guarantee that the normal variant drops more then the agile and strong versions.

So if this plan continues I suggest the following:
Tau Ceti Blaster Lvl85 = Tau Ceti Blaster Lvl85 BP + 1 Sirius Blaster BP variant
Tau Ceti Blaster lvl89 = Tau Ceti Blaster lvl89 BP + 2 Sirius Blaster BP variant
Tau Ceti Blaster lvl91 = Tau Ceti Blaster lvl91 BP + 3 Sirius Blaster BP variant

This way players still need all the Blaster variants, but the order in which variant first doesn't matter.

Yet I don't know what the plan will be with TC tiers beyond tier 3 but I think it will be better to only require TC tier 3 BP from then or it gonna be to much of a pain to even require more Bp's, as it got to remain fun to play and get through Tau Ceti. ;)

Highway said:
its also planned to make it only possible to build ancient items when the rare item of the system was already collected.

Vega Ancient Blaster = Vega Ancient Blaster BP + Vega Rare Blaster BP
This sounds nice, so making rare bps not complete useless, even if its just that they are needed to be found.

Highway said:
The rare Tau Ceti items will require a lot more of the ancient items including the rares and ancients from previews systems. Rare will be special again.
This is gonna be a hell of a job lol, ofcourse we don't know what those rare items gonna be but I think this will be to much. ofcourse not for all veteran players but for newcomers it will be like a massive wall to get through. :confused:

flyfighter

Reaction score
Hello nice insight in development again! That's what we like to see! Here is my constructive feedback for this:

I would suggest (since i've seen the year 2019 drop in your comment aswell) you don't only focus on releasing new Tau Ceti parts but also spend some time to improve on what you have. We could use a few more ways to grind etc, some more off-story activity's. Improved events, more fast-paste challenges, interesting CQ etc etc. The feedback topic is full of it. For us to entertain the game we don't always need new systems, but simple changes on old materials can create loads of new fun and entertainment aswell! The implementation of some new things/improvements on old systems could be a good gap closer between part 1 and 2 hint hint :D .

Some items might benefit a bit from increasing its strenght 10% more of cooldown 10% less etc etc. Its always usefull to look back on some updates after you have gatherd some information and tweek it a bit. Foundation is there, change some numbers 5 mins (my vision)-> put testers to work -> release it :p. As it stands now i would say engi and shock changed to drasticly and could realy use a bit of love again. All engi cooldowns got like doubled and stuns are not as good as when mantis stun a player. Tank is just to slow etc, maybe start a topic for these sorts suggestions, make a poll on what players think of some sort.

Back to the TC topic, i think that demanding players to collect rares before they can install their ancient tech in lower systems is a bit over the top. As deci said aswell its making the gap between new players and old veterans more then immense. This will only create bigger annoyance for players that cannot install strong items to atleast have a chance on winning vs ppl who have.

My question for this update: what will happen when you have Ancient tech installed but don't have the rare variant after the update comes live? Will we still be able to use these items? For example i don't have sol rare attack droid, but i do have sol ancient attack droid installed atm

Thanks for reading. Nice to see some update on the update hihi, hope you still enjoy making new content for this game :p. I'm eagerly awaiting some update so i can support you with my money again xD. Atm i don't require membership to stay afloat in orbit :LOL: (best money make idea ever!), p.s. maybe some permanent blaster types would give you an opportunity to make money, i would like to be more individual in the game and have special blasters :p. Something to separate me from the crowd. Other games can pay all bills just of that concept of individuality, for example skins for champions/ships.

Ok post to long again.... just find me on feedback topic... And as GOTILON said, you can always ask the community for help. Or get some cheap interns to do some work for u :D.

p.s. for personal interest, what 3D model program do you use :p

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
It is true, it is not bad or a symbol of disability, we are aware (the majority) that they are a small team with big responsibilities

ClockWire

Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Clockwire
I like your idea Highway but as i have said Sirius is hard system even with the new Sirius update. Going around planet is touch especial if you're a solo pilot doing missions and before anyone says you can skip the missions with cryonite do you have an endless Cryonite fund to do that? Also please do not say oh you can join another clan to gather Sirius tech some pilots do not want to jump clans 'Loyalty' also they might be hated lol.

My suggestion would be maybe have a mission or a event which you said "Player Spawned Invasion" or an event style mission where you can gather said tech, you don't get all the tech but this would be a way of gathering Sirius tech maybe? you can do the event,Invasion or mission 3 times daily and it drops 3 stashes or 3 bps from a boss and these would be random bps but all Sirius tech.

Old pilot will still have the advantage since they have all the bps and can just install, but this would be a good way for some pilots who have just come back to the game, rather than waiting for that tech to drop which a pilot has said might not drop for ages so you have to wait around which can be boring and they would leave the game again.

As a pilot and a Gm if i didn't have the tech i would be willing to do an extra mission or even pay extra cryonite so i can progress in the game, i just don't want TC to be a game killer because you have to have certain tech to move forward

Exup

LCM (Lead Community Manager)
Community Manager
Reaction score
One thing I'm hoping that doesn't happen is buy blueprints with gold, yes that may help some people but that will turn it into a pay to win game.

Unfortunately people have left blueprints for other clan members when for example they are blueprints for a tech of ship they don't currently use, but may wish to use in a tau ceti ship, yes they had the chance to collect the blue prints but how many veteran pilots stopped playing before the new Sirius mechanics were introduced, and will return with tau ceti, remember back then they were time limited with members needing the blueprint, the 3 hour cooldown for spawning a Giza and time left on the planet made it so not all of the clan could get the blueprints they would now need

Cute Fuzzy Bunny

Reaction score
Highway said:
a player needs a set of completed Bps to build an new Item. e.g: Oolyte Blaster BP + Weakest TC Blaster BP = Build Weakest TC Blaster
Highway said:

... and so on.
nuf said : (

Gladiator

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Gladiator96
Rank
Clan
The Dark Power
I like it very much, cant wait to see it.
This will prevent the Game from players just rushing through the stories as well, if the decryption System will be there in its full intensity.

-Decimator- said:
So if this plan continues I suggest the following:
Tau Ceti Blaster Lvl85 = Tau Ceti Blaster Lvl85 BP + 1 Sirius Blaster BP variant
Tau Ceti Blaster lvl89 = Tau Ceti Blaster lvl89 BP + 2 Sirius Blaster BP variant
Tau Ceti Blaster lvl91 = Tau Ceti Blaster lvl91 BP + 3 Sirius Blaster BP variant
This way players still need all the Blaster variants, but the order in which variant first doesn't matter.
I would prefer this as well, because it will be still some work to collect everything, but in highways suggestion you have to have even more luck for the right blueprint as well.

..... and maybe the items levels are a bit irregular. maybe you should take the levels 85,88 and 91 for them (if there will be only 3) and 94 for there rare one, if the maximum player level would be 95 after the TC release.

I think we will have a lot of fun in the future here :)

turkoxsary

Reaction score
what I say here a lot of blah blah and a lot of talk but no updates where are they? I do not see them so you can keep talking here in the forum of something that will never happen I will be 90 years old and still not be tauceti. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

-everest-

Reaction score
turkoxsary said:
what I say here a lot of blah blah and a lot of talk but no updates where are they? I do not see them so you can keep talking here in the forum of something that will never happen I will be 90 years old and still not be tauceti. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You need to wait , Devs need time to create some ships / add items / script mantis / missions / Fix bugs ....

http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewforum.php?f=513

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Almost all the things sounds pretty good.

But, the thing that still dissapoint me is the prohibition of TC tech to land in sirius. I understand the reasons and I want to share the next suggest:

You can make for TC ships / tech in Sirius a "hardcoding" of the drop system. With the goal of ensure that TC items generate for example 30% less of effort (or the amount you think is neccesary) when one enemy is attacked for more than 1 pilot. (for one pilot killing alone the enemys, the drop system must adopt the default behaviour without that x% less).

It will generate all of us will enjoy sirius with our new ships (for that new content we must have to spend a lot of cryo for it surely, and if you forbid TC ships/items and we use our parsecs/ravens for TC, we can't use it anymore in sirius if we don't downgrade it or build another configuration with more cryo...)

And yes, it will generate than the Ancient bosses (Giza, Amarna, Soris) can be killed for one pilot again. And It will be good for people like me, because I enjoy better the game playing alone in sirius, and the only thing I can't do is kill anyone of that bosses. (And yes... I understand the point of "Sirius is a clan system", but, some players want to stay alone sometimes or all the time and some players don't have enought time to follow the game of "Help the rest to be helped", or players than wants to go anothers planets where the rest of his clan don't want to go in occasions, etc).

I play this from 2010 and I haved re-played this from Vega to TC two times more on anothers servers. And one of the things I am waiting and waiting years for that new content, is the possibility of do the same than one sirius ship in the Mantis Hive for example... kill the old great enemys easily.

The rest of things sounds good for me, I am waiting the first part that finally coming in 30 ~ 50 days aprox. :mrorange:
So, please I hope you can answer me about that suggest and if you can implement it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.