What's new

Ship Armor Adjustments #03

Status
Not open for further replies.

POSITRON3

Reaction score
GOTIL0N said:
POSITRON3 said:
I did not know that part. Hmmmm that's is not good, that's prove they not very sure about the work they already did, so maybe still no complete. hmmm that can mean we will have to wait still more time for get the upgrade :( :( :(
I do not think it will postpone the entire upgrade, in theory became the '' public trial '' because the testers had no more errors to take, since everything was '' fixed ''
I hope you right. But I think too mucho control in that test, first only 2 hour, then only 1 GM given the necessary for test in deep, so maybe work still very fragile. I hope I am wrong.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Still a bunch of bugs to be fixed. So do not expect the update this week, but maybe before the end of month...

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Saalek said:
I don't know i it's a bug.
I can't buy armor for vega ships
We have removed the ability to upgrade ship armors for vega ships, since its not required in the regular game play. You will only be able to sell armors that are already upgraded to a vega ship.

Betabot said:
1. Highway can we get an overall update on how things are going? Is this the only place for feedback, or are mods from in-game already working on things?
2. Also any indication what happens to previously owned ships with Meth armor, but the pilot isn't lv 85?
1. You need to regularly check this devshack for information about the current development of the update. We have a Tester team formed by the community that help us to perform in depth testing and provide feedback during the development/testing phase. They are on it already for many weeks.

2. Pilots will keep their ships even when their level might be to low after the update. HGus has explained it nicely.

TEPPA HOBA said:
Hello. The game didn't let me and my friend to the Martian mission with the Sol Advanced Armor on Parsec and 60-level Sol ship. Does it means that after update we should have 2 versions of Sol ships to help in the story missions?
Yes this will be required to ensure that the player does not get overpowered when playing quests in the star systems. It will be on the other star systems as well to prevent that new players are rushed through the content by high level players. On the other hand players are able to get ships earlier in the game making the game a bit consistent in the difficulty curve.

For the ones that did not understand the goal of the last public PTR test I suggest you read it up here: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=513&t=39088

BTW: Thanks for all the bug reports that where posted here. Looks like no big issues are left so we will soon announce the release date together with the changelog in the forum. Stay tuned :)

Betabot

Reaction score
Highway said:
Are the events for Vega going to be scaled down then, because last time I played, they were hard enough with the armors on the ships.

Highway said:
Thanks I saw that information as it came out.

Highway said:
Could you explain this a bit more? As I understand limiting Mars missions to r45 or even including The Moon, but other systems? Does that mean we will need a ship with tech for each planet of the game?

I feel like this will take away from rares, as it's just a small increase to the highest planet's highest BP. It can't be used anywhere else?

We know the reason was to find remaining issues and monitor server performance.

Thanks for letting us know that it will come shortly? Is it possible for a rough estimate on that? Like inside a week? Two weeks? Month?

Cheers.

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Highway said:
Saalek said:
I don't know i it's a bug.
I can't buy armor for vega ships
We have removed the ability to upgrade ship armors for vega ships, since its not required in the regular game play. You will only be able to sell armors that are already upgraded to a vega ship.

What about the event missions. Example. I was a tank in a Christmas event and I had deluvian armor and I still struggled against the Christmas ghosts because their rockets are so deadly they deal 1 bar health damage. If we have bulkwark they'll shred us easy and we'll get torn to peaces.

POSITRON3

Reaction score
Hightway, Hi, I suppose the most difficult part in programing the PG game is keep the balance in the game. So since you seen already accomplish add the new armour (the most difficult part) I suppose the other upgrades will be more easy.

pvp will have to see with balances too but no so big since is a only a part of the entire game.
Sirius adjustment will be do in a snap of time I suppose.
then Tc system will not take so long I think, at least the first set of missions.

can you oriente us about this, since varius pilot had coment me tha TC will open in 2019 or something like that.
I tell they I think not.
thanks.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
HGus said:
gonzaabel said:
I find it, what we save if for create any configuration we spend cryo? The fenix value is 5 of cryo, and each configuration have the same value...
http://prntscr.com/ceg7zx
I can confirm you that is not true for higher lvl ships.
ok :)

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
gonzaabel said:
HGus said:
gonzaabel said:
The fenix value is 5 of cryo, and each configuration have the same value...
I can confirm you that is not true for higher lvl ships.
ok :)
It will cost about the same than current customization price (name, pattern, colors).

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
HGus said:
I do not remember the exact value, but a Gemini configuration costs about 300 cryo...
Lol, ok. Then it looks good.

Mastian

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Mastian
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
Nice Adjustments, they are so ...

unnecessary :(

A new konfiguration is like a new ship and just a bit lesser expensive. That means these konfigurations are simple cosmetic changes and nothing more.

GOTIL0N

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
GOTILON
Rank
Nor is it to belittle, I I do not have the ability to buy membresisas, I prefer a thousand times this update to keep the current system of armor :confused:

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
Hi all :D
Yeah ! Sometihng is moving, not sure what direction but we are moving :)

As a non english player that is used to read from left to rigth top to bottom I found the hangar new look confusing ^^ Ships list to the right and ships to the left. Lots of tabs and options... But guess need to get used to it ;) I am used to ships list, then ship. Not sure why repair was a solo item neither...

Not much answers but a lot of questions I read here, I got a view of my own:
- I tested Sirius CMs with TC armor I was able to do that, wil that stick in the future to ?
- I had not enough cryonite to test any, so was not realy a test, why ? Should have given infinite cryonite, energy and BPs to test. Was a test right, not a showcase ?
- Would be nice to have a new entry in sudgestion area of forum for bugs etc, not here in page 25 ? Is ahrd to find ^^
- I payed 685.900 cryonite for a Tau Ceti armor on my parsec storm. Will that stick in the future ?
- I dont understand any whats written before as in consiquence to a lvl 85, on vega armor etc... I agree with somebody previous saying events wil be mayorly tough if no vega extra armors are alowed... Suspect to be very unbalanced ^^
- I think was Highway writing game wil be more balanced with new armors so you cant rush players to Sirius. Most work is done outside sq when rushing players so whats the point ? Most of the community is already rushed to Sirius... Not many in Askone server these days on lower levels not beying alts... Not that the game is borring but gets hard > Gemini for new players ^^ I think the community helping new players is the most important thing in this game, is the life line. I hope this works out good because not many are buying several ships for 1 system to accomodate new players ^^

That said and questioned... Its realy good to see the community come with questions for Devs, means the game is not dead ! Must be a good feeling I hope for all that work hard to keep this game moving forward !

Thanks all for keeping my hopes up high with your hard work, that I will be able for a long time to enjoy the game and new game features with all of you :D

LG (All servers, solo and team player)

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
LivlyGhost said:
Hi all :D
Yeah ! Sometihng is moving, not sure what direction but we are moving :)
I think so.

LivlyGhost said:
...Not sure why repair was a solo item neither...
It is currently sharing a tab with armors, but moving armors to configuration tab, repair stay alone, cause it doesn't fit anywhere else.

LivlyGhost said:
I tested Sirius CMs with TC armor I was able to do that, wil that stick in the future to ?
Not really a Tau Ceti armor. It is a kind of Sirius advanced.

LivlyGhost said:
I had not enough cryonite to test any, so was not realy a test, why ? Should have given infinite cryonite, energy and BPs to test. Was a test right, not a showcase ?
It was intended as a global quick test. Trying to find little unspotted bugs by brute force (more testers in public) and testing server performance. The bulk of work was already performed by closed tests.

LivlyGhost said:
- Would be nice to have a new entry in sudgestion area of forum for bugs etc, not here in page 25 ? Is ahrd to find ^^
You can use the "Feedback" subforum for that.

LivlyGhost said:
I payed 685.900 cryonite for a Tau Ceti armor on my parsec storm. Will that stick in the future
I think yes. But final word is by devs.

LivlyGhost said:
I dont understand any whats written before as in consiquence to a lvl 85, on vega armor etc...
I am a native spanish speaker. I can give you explanations in private message if you want.

LivlyGhost said:
- I think was Highway writing game wil be more balanced with new armors so you cant rush players to Sirius. Most work is done outside sq when rushing players so whats the point ? Most of the community is already rushed to Sirius...
He talks about the now common custom of rushing low accounts to Sirius by using already topped ships in squads. Have you seen those lvl 30 players in Hive orbit? Of course you still can help lazy players (or dummies alts), but it will be a little more difficult as you are forced to downgrade your ship to the required level, using an already prepared configuration.

LivlyGhost said:
Not many in Askone server these days on lower levels not beying alts... Not that the game is borring but gets hard > Gemini for new players ^^ I think the community helping new players is the most important thing in this game, is the life line. I hope this works out good because not many are buying several ships for 1 system to accomodate new players ^^
With the new update you do not need to buy severals ships. You have the new configuration system for that.

LivlyGhost said:
That said and questioned... Its realy good to see the community come with questions for Devs, means the game is not dead ! Must be a good feeling I hope for all that work hard to keep this game moving forward !

Thanks all for keeping my hopes up high with your hard work, that I will be able for a long time to enjoy the game and new game features with all of you :D

LG (All servers, solo and team player)
Of course, mine is not the last word. Just trying to help a little from a player-tester perspective. Devs and more experienced testers can surely answer better.

HG (same... ^^ )

Betabot

Reaction score
HGus said:
LivlyGhost said:
I payed 685.900 cryonite for a Tau Ceti armor on my parsec storm. Will that stick in the future
I think yes. But final word is by devs.
If he is talking about buying the armor during the test, then no it won't. Anything that happened on the test server won't carry over.

HGus said:
LivlyGhost said:
Not many in Askone server these days on lower levels not beying alts... Not that the game is borring but gets hard > Gemini for new players ^^ I think the community helping new players is the most important thing in this game, is the life line. I hope this works out good because not many are buying several ships for 1 system to accomodate new players ^^
With the new update you do not need to buy severals ships. You have the new configuration system for that.
I see this becoming as another huge cryo sink, not sure though. They have talked about requiring multiple configurations per system to help lower players out. So if you think about it, you will have to rebuy armor, and items per ship per system multiple times, or keep downgrading and upgrading your equipment all the time.

Also I don't see how this system will work with the rare ships of the systems. For example, the rare Sol Sniper ship, guessing it's getting completely ruled out from being able to be used in missions on the moon and mars. Kind of takes away from the point of hunting the rares for it.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
Betabot said:
If he is talking about buying the armor during the test, then no it won't. Anything that happened on the test server won't carry over.
She talks about keeping the test prices in final release.

Betabot said:
HGus said:
LivlyGhost said:
I see this becoming as another huge cryo sink, not sure though. They have talked about requiring multiple configurations per system to help lower players out. So if you think about it, you will have to rebuy armor, and items per ship per system multiple times, or keep downgrading and upgrading your equipment all the time.
It is not so huge. Building a new configuration with lower tech is no so difficult after you already finished a system. And keeping a permanent configuration for helping in story missions is cheaper than dowgrading/upgrading in long term (currently that happens more often with r60 ships switching between gaz/sol techs before getting a full r70 ship)

Betabot said:
Also I don't see how this system will work with the rare ships of the systems. For example, the rare Sol Sniper ship, guessing it's getting completely ruled out from being able to be used in missions on the moon and mars. Kind of takes away from the point of hunting the rares for it.
Currently you do not need rare ships for helping in moon and mars or similar on other systems. Rares are mostly usefull in events and pvps. Actually, if you play in lower tech planets with normal ships equipped with the top level tech of the same planet, you can help good with no need of better ships/tech.

HGus

Reaction score
Server
Aeria
Main Pilotname
HGus
In this post on french forum, LupeMan proposes a minimun level required to complete story missions and avoid the rush: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=39139

LivlyGhost

Reaction score
Gracias HGus for explaining m8 :D

Made post here with some sudgestions http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=320&t=39142&p=184012#p184012 as in here was not apropiat i think :)

LG

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Here is the change log for this update and the release date: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=513&t=39151

Betabot

Reaction score
Highway said:
Here is the change log for this update and the release date: http://forum.pirategalaxy.com/viewtopic.php?f=513&t=39151
Awesome news, now the wait starts to come to an end.

Will the dev team be full hands on deck after this releases? Looking on the forums for bugs and suggestions?

Cheers for letting us know

Status
Not open for further replies.