Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
Heya @Highway . It was long I didn't post any video about some updates in the game (Pirates' Voice) and I will try to make some montage today. But I'd like to ask some question. As I can see, CQ Update tests are incoming so probably after that we will be able to see the patch incoming to the live servers. But how about TC4, so the last, really exciting update for the players, maybe even more than CQ? How the progress goes in this matter? Any news about it?

Take care, you are doing outstanding work!

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
@Poland: Let the Devs take a deep breath boy.
If you think about all the information so far from all TC Updates and looking at the bare structure of every single update, you can make some assumptions. The redline for every planet and tech is that Tau Ceti is an extended starsystem compared to the Sol starsystem. We also have the information that TC4 is the last update excluding bug fixes etc.

What makes Sol unique?
- more than two story planets, which have unlocking requierments
->three planets so far, another one will be in TC4
- 2 parsec armorlevels (please don't remind of Sirius having two aswell! Sirius is singularity and not a starsystem)
->currently one armor available, one more to be added in TC4

What does every starsystem have?
-best blueprint level and rare blueprints which are collectable within the starsystem
-> no rare blueprints nor best blues right now! These will be added in TC4 aswell!

What happened in each TC Update ?
-two new shipclasses (ne0n)
-two new ship components, which were added to previous planets aswell (e.g. Magnettrap, Symbolic and Perceptron on Vénar)
-new enemy types which use at least one new ship component

So with "any news about it", you could realisticly ask specificly for the new shipclasses, components, enemy types and amount or even content of story missions.
You follow the game and the development for a long time, you should know that it is too early to ask for news when the end of TC3 is at the sprint to the finish line. Just be patient and enjoy the public test !! :p

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
[...]more than two story planets, which have unlocking requierments[...]
1st of all:
Unlocking requirements started already with Mizar (even when just having 2 Planets) and since then it gives those requirements to prevent the "go for top tech 1st and then do the storymissions" formular that basicly was a thing from Vega - Gemini

2nd of all:
Vega was the 1st system with 4 Story planets, Gemini was the 2nd with 3 Story planets and Sol was the 3rd with 3 Planets

[...]three planets so far, another one will be in TC4[...]
TC currently has "just 2 planets" considering that EiU is "just" the same map but with a different coloration + different units ;)
The real question here is if the 4th planet will again be an already existing one (Terasa would be one to assume considering the Carl Sagan Lab) just with a different coloration + units or if they will add a complete new Planet or if they maybe even add several changed planets considering all this invasion stuff that currently is going on in the TC Line.
--> Fun Fact if we follow the line of the Systems so far the 1st, 3rd and 5th system always had at least 3 Story planets... would this mean that the next System (Lagrange) will then have only 2 again and see a pattern here :unsure:

[...]no rare blueprints nor best blues right now! These will be added in TC4 aswell![...]
In terms of the Golds yes in terms of the Blues "halfright" if we consder that with each TC update it gives the "current" top Blues but this is going to nitpick the details then :LOL:

[...]you could realisticly ask specificly for the new shipclasses, components[...]
In theory it will not give new ships with new tech considering that Highway stated in a realtive early post that TC will receive 2 Rare ships that will get all the new TC Items what basicly means that both ships will have the base items and then 4 of the 8 new items (LCchain, CCcloud, DInverter, ACover, QLeap, MTrap, SShift and DDroid)

-BoH-

Reaction score
Server
Solaria
Main Pilotname
-Obs the skrapper-
Rank
Last week we had some nice conquest battles where we as developers failed miserably to win against the testers/Gms. :ROFLMAO:
I really hate to burn you but if you don't want to fail miserably next time then play the game more.
@Poland: Let the Devs take a deep breath boy.
If you think about all the information so far from all TC Updates and looking at the bare structure of every single update, you can make some assumptions. The redline for every planet and tech is that Tau Ceti is an extended starsystem compared to the Sol starsystem. We also have the information that TC4 is the last update excluding bug fixes etc.

What makes Sol unique?
- more than two story planets, which have unlocking requierments
->three planets so far, another one will be in TC4
- 2 parsec armorlevels (please don't remind of Sirius having two aswell! Sirius is singularity and not a starsystem)
->currently one armor available, one more to be added in TC4

What does every starsystem have?
-best blueprint level and rare blueprints which are collectable within the starsystem
-> no rare blueprints nor best blues right now! These will be added in TC4 aswell!

-two new ship components, which were added to previous planets aswell (e.g. Magnettrap, Symbolic and Perceptron on Vénar)

So with "any news about it", you could realisticly ask specificly for the new shipclasses, components, enemy types and amount or even content of story missions.
You follow the game and the development for a long time, you should know that it is too early to ask for news when the end of TC3 is at the sprint to the finish line. Just be patient and enjoy the public test !! :p
I don't think there will be new components because we have already seen 8 components which is enough for 2 classes and I have a great view on which class will have:
Class A:
Magnet trap, Corruption cloud, Lightning chain, allies cover
Class B:
Quantum leap, scope shifter, Damage inverter and the deflection droid

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
I really hate to burn you but if you don't want to fail miserably next time then play the game more.
I dont think that they have enought free time to play when they need to run around two games being a company of 6 people and each one with their respective job position... As web developer and always working on startups, I think they have many work to do related and not-related to the development of their games (plus that a game development should have more complex things than other software developments).
In my case, my work helps me to better understand why they need a lot of time to do these things that the rest wants to get it ready ASAP like in other games happens with a big company behind and focused on it. Because in the past I also hated the lack of updates or even that it takes a lot of time.

Just my opinion ;) and I hope to see SS with more than 10 employess to work faster again some day :cheeky::p

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
About the conquest rework... I can't see how many time left to check it out!!! months waiting for it to finally come the test phase now on December :celebrate:

I hope that there will be adjusted some things to make more than one conquest each day...
And reading the first answers about this on this devshack, I hope that we could get 2 CQs each day for high populated servers like Gaia. If we have right now like 2 weekly conquests between two alliances, I can't imagine each clan fighting to get into the division 1 and fighting for the skull with 7 conquests per week... Because I'm sure that many other clans that now are not playing CQs, they would play after this new rework deployed on live servers lol. With all I have readed on this topic, it looks like you have planned it to be the more rewarding and fair as possible... so much better than the current one, a lot better.

Only rest to see it in action I guess :)

Last edited:

NGSpeed

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Tiger.Mit.Kaliber
Rank
Clan
Final-Sector
In theory it will not give new ships with new tech considering that Highway stated in a realtive early post that TC will receive 2 Rare ships that will get all the new TC Items what basicly means that both ships will have the base items and then 4 of the 8 new items (LCchain, CCcloud, DInverter, ACover, QLeap, MTrap, SShift and DDroid)
I kinda forgot about that:LOL:
It doesn't matter how you combine these items, they will only be able to give the player a supportive gameplay and will loose against every shipclass except engineer. They will be fine for CQ battle, but solo...they will need a huge armor to compensate the lack of damage. I would stay with the current available shipclasses xD

Poland

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
JustaRavenPL
Rank
Clan
Death Watch
@NGSpeed I meant more not about exact accurate news according the Tau Ceti Final Update BUT if there is any progress in this case, because there is nothing now about it on forums. I can make assumptions about the patch but isn't it better to know short blah blah answer on the question like "Yes, we are slightly working on it, however we do CQ now" or "No, there are other development plans after TC4 update". I know it could make more guesses by the players, but it'd be nice to have a short answer on the case ;)

Anyways, I am happy that I have made this topic quite lively, because lately no-one was writing here anything :D

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
I'd like to correct you on this, although it's minor, it's very important point. So far in each TC Update, we gained 3 new ship classes except in Tau Ceti Part 3 (Calon).
This makes the sum of information:
Tau Ceti Part 1 (Venar) - Reworked and improved model of old Venar!
- Introduced 2 enemy forces: Mantis & Pirates
- Added new models of Pirates forces (introduced Pirate Forces), 3 new unique type of enemies: Pirate & Mantis Striker, Mantis Endurer, Pirate Corruptor
- Increased the player maximum rank to 88
- 3 new ship classes: Thunderbird/Hawkmoth/Humpback
- 3 new ship components: Lightning Chain, Corruption Cloud and Damage Inverter
- set of 8 new Story Missions (& 8 old reworked)
- 1 new
RDX ship (Paragneiss).
8 old reworked missions from
Tau Ceti 2013:
- Tau Ceti Episode 1:
A New Methanoid People, Starbase Building Blocks, Tauruda Mining, The Secret Pirate Base
- Tau Ceti Episode 2: Starbase at Full Charge, Turrets versus Pirates, The Mantis' Interest in Tau Ceti, The Ancient Link
Tau Ceti Part 2 (Earth (in unrest)) - Reworked and improved model of normal Earth in Sol System!
- Added a Conquest Planet with Ancient Sentry defenders (rank 99): Cetacea!
- Introduced two allied enemy forces: Mantis & Ancients (from Sirius Singularity)
- Increased the player maximum rank to 91
- Introduced Tau Ceti armor for Parsec and RDX ship types and Thermograde armor for ne0n ships
- 3 new ship classes:
Panther/Wolfhound/Bullfrog
- 3 new ship components: Quantum Leap, Allies Cover and Magnet Trap
- 3 new unique type of Ancient enemies: Blinker, Baiter, Defender
- set of 12 new Story Missions
- 2 new RDX Ships (Chromian Corundum & Black Slate)
Tau Ceti
Part 3 (Calon) - New Planet in Tau Ceti!
- Introduced 3 enemy forces: Mantis, Pirates & Ancients (Mantis & Ancients are not allied on Calon)
- Increased the player maximum rank to 91
- 2 new ship classes: Kodiak/Bobcat
- 2 new ship components: Deflection Droid and Scope Shifter
- 3 new unique type of Ancient enemies: Hathor, Ra, Sobek, Sejmet, Seth
- set of 18 new Story Missions
- 1 new RDX ship (Blazing Lava)
Tau Ceti
Part 4 (???) assumption and information so far:
- new story Planet
- new Reactor Challenge planet and new Cortex!
- Introduction of new enemy forces: ??? (Ancients/Mantis)
- Introduction of Golden Blueprints
- Increased the player maximum rank to:
??? - assumption around 100-103 due to Golden blueprints
- Introduction Tau Ceti Advanced armor for Parsec and RDX ship types and Deluvian armor for ne0n ships

- Introduction of 2 new ship classes & 2 new ship components
- Introduction of 2 Golden Ships (that use all new ship components introduced in Tau Ceti system)
- new story Missions - Ending of Ancient information discovery? (maybe later introduced in Lagrange Singularity or other system planned)
- new surprise mentioned: ???

Now, same as @Poland wanted to ask - despite of Conquest Update nearing it's finish, do we have any information that will be prepared for Tau Ceti Part 4, or maybe even progress?
However, I have an additional question different from that:
@Highway about Golden Blueprints mentioned before, is the idea of new "Treasure" planet considered, to make them more Rare as before? After Tau Ceti, we don't know when new System will be introduced, so making Golden and new tech a bit harder is to be considered.
Having Golden blueprints dropped from the Lost Planetoid separated from TC4 planet (available to access after completing all TC4 missions), with special type of Guardians and more teamwork introduced to hunt Golden Guardian units?
Links to that idea thread:
https://forum.pirategalaxy.com/threads/suggestion-game-ideas-improvement.34651/page-3#post-183831

harrys1

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
- A X E L -
Rank
Client version 1003665

bug is It stays there, it doesn't let me buy even in the hanga, and it doesn't let me select

Sin título.jpgSin título.jpg

Eredin

Reaction score
Server
Trantor
Main Pilotname
Eredin
Rank
Hey @Highway, nice to see this new ladder :cheeky: !!
I had a suggestion, I didn't noticed if you added one thing planned on the CQ update during the PTR. It's a very small detail but I noticed that when you target a player you can know his clan underneath his ship in the lower left-hand interface. Whether you are a captain, lieutenant or officer it's written "member":
member.png
it could be good that for example for the captain it would be marked "captain of", the same for lieutenant and officer because the only rank that have his own text is for the admiral:
commander.png
And maybe add for the captain a special color for the clan's logo which is purple for the commander.

Kind regards,
Eredin

Teaspoon

Reaction score
Server
Kalgan
Main Pilotname
Teaspoon
Rank
Clan
Green Tea
Ladder is reworked for the CQ Update as well to leave the "beta feature" behind a bit more :p

I let an image talk:
View attachment 48305
Maybe it might be a good idea to remove all permanent Suspension acc, cheaters should not be on the Ladder ranking.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
There is some discussion in the german forum about the just added the cryonite donation limit. Let me explain what was the reason behind it. First check out the full change that will come with the CQ update:

Clan Cryonite Threshold
Goals & Issues:

• Trading cryonite between players could cause a black market to sell cryonite for real currency.
  • Make the Clan cryonite more worth than the donated cryo ( if donating remains possible)
Changes:
  • Introduce a max cap ( 2x jumpship price) that a clan can accept donations from members into the clan fund.
  • If the clan has more cryonite than the cap a donation would not be allowed
  • Payouts to members would only be possible by the amount that is over the cap (only cryonite rewarded by conquest)
  • Cryonite payout will be possible after 14 days when a player joins or creates a “new” clan that does not match the previous one. After that timer the regular weekly schedule will continue starting on monday at 0:00
  • Cryonite donation can stay at 1:1 ratio and no prices will increase.
Some arguments say that the cap is to low at the moment. But if we would increase it it would take more time until a payout is possible to a clan member. So this is a good middle ground carefully set with the feedback of our testers and GMs. BTW: it is possible to always refill the cryonite fund if the cryonite is spend below the cap. ;)

Water

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Water
why did you make payouts ?? let it like it was and everything is good !

did i understand it right ? when a clan dont fly CQ and has 300 000 kryonite it canot payout to anyone ?

Verdene

Senior Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Verdene
Rank
why did you make payouts ?? let it like it was and everything is good !

did i understand it right ? when a clan dont fly CQ and has 300 000 kryonite it canot payout to anyone ?
Exactly. The payout feature is coming with CQ Rework so it requires players just to go and fight in PvP versus other Clans :) Simple as that.

Water

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Water
and what is with the clans who dont fly CQ ? and dont want to payout some kryo , just take the kryo for sirius jumping ?

why dont making 2 clan funds ?

one normal , which can fill like it was ! only for sirius jumship and sirius planet jumping

and one CQ fund which is fill with CQ cryo and which can payout

??

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
You can still refill the cryonite if u consumed the 300k :), so u can pay sirius missions as much as u want :p

zuerifisch

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
zuerifischilein
Rank
You can still refill the cryonite if u consumed the 300k :), so u can pay sirius missions as much as u want :p
Well, it's the same discussion as in the German forum, YOU think the cap is irrelevant, so it must be irrelevant for everyone. So I can't take it seriously that "the feedback by the community matters" as Grimlock told us.

Fission

Community Manager
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Fission
Rank
Hello Pilot,

I didn't said that the cap is irrelevant, i mentioned a fact, which is that u can refill the cryonite if u consumed the 300k of the cap, which means u can pay as many sirius missions as u want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.