Not open for further replies.

Verdene

Senior Game Master
Reaction score
Main Pilotname
Verdene
Rank
Hi all
Rewarding system for reactor run in Raven event needs to be adjusted.
Right now we have just 10% top scores.
On Askone most of the people either got frustrated or bored and others simply have ifrit already or cannot play because of RL.
Basically, more or less only two clans compete for ifrits and since there is almost none else doing it, victory is too one sided.
Either make it 30%+ top scores, or make score difference for win less.
Just because of few more points, there is no way for rest of people get parts.
Because there is not second and 3th places without many people doing run (because of 30% top scores) and I wrote above, very few amount of people do challenge.
So people who wants parts but cannot perform as well as other side, just ends up with empty hands , this is very frustrating and I am loosing my will to play at all if such situation stays around.

Would be even better if you give ifrits according to signets earned (this is idea of my mate), this will be more motivating for players to grind and you will get more people doing reactor if you really want it. Right now only like 10-15 people do challenge.
Hey Pilot.

The idea is not that bad considering all data You have provided here. 20% of top scores could be enough improve in this matter :)

Greetings.

Rajaa

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Rajaa
Rank
Clan
Pirates Legacys
I can pretty much agree to all of this, because this was the issue since the last events and longer.
Having only one squad get the Ifrit parts aside of not many people playing the challenge, is not enough for people who want to get Ifrit.
If one squad takes total 1st place in challenge, others cannot do anything.
Also, disadvantages are if people don't want to spend gravs, knowing that other squad waits 30 minutes to regain those, so people stop using it for such purpose.
In the end, all people get not satisfied and stop even participating. If this is called event, someone should play it, considering the increase of % of score or squads that can take the Ifrit chance placement.
I hope something will be done, thanks.

Vesperion

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Vesperion
Rank
As i always said RDX in it´s base core of the Event is simply put "bad as it can be" considering that the Reactor part is the "forced" part everyone has to do way to many time just to unlock Mission A and afterwards no one really cares about the Reactor anymore aside from those who really wanna go for the Cortex and the really serious Pilots do one single full run for 1-2 hours to achive the highest score to get the parts.

I still stay with my idea to make the Reactor Challenge an optional "side Event" just for the sake of the Cortex and maybe even would change it so that every 1 hour the rewards are given out so that the next round could be made already for the next rewards...

Tbh i have the Ifrit Cortex in my Para (cus i only did 1 serious run 2 years ago) and the usage of the Ifrit Cortex is tricky + not always usable at it´s fullest potential. I mean i can stay under the right conditions below 30% of my HP with Para and RTurr but if something goes wrong i need to use the RD as well and the Bonus is gone or if the Ship stays for at least 0,5 seconds above 30% and the timer resets before it triggers again so it´s questionable if it´s worth for the dmg bonus to go through all this hassle anyways... but ranting about all the cortextes would be another story cus imo the only "usefull" cortex of the entire series is teh Eagle Eye Cortex while the rest is just "meh".

Aaannnyyywwwaaayyysss i totaly did save my nerves and sanity by throwing money at my screen and don´t care about the event at all to be done with it at day 1 lol.

katana88

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
__KaTaNa__
Rank
That's the problem that most of people stopped doing it as they reached mission A so now there is only two fractions trying to win.
And there is is none else doing challenge, victory is too much one sided : only first place takes full reward and there is nothing else.
Imagine yourself in my skin and I think you would not be pleased neither.
I don't mind anyone winning over me, if they win, so they deserve but I should get at least something for my effort.
I spared my time specially for this event and as it seems everything going in vain thanks to rewarding system
:cautious:

Nicoredje

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Deleted
Rank
I do not find Eagle cortex useful. Not moving in this game is rarely beneficial at all. The only times would be sniping turrets from a distance or tagging a CU or Giza in Sirius. Anything beyond that it will not do much.

Ifrit can give a boost more often especially when you have protector. ofc you have to repair when you are going to die and protector/shield is on cooldown but you get boost for those shots you fired in the meantime. but mayby that is just my theory since getting Ifrit is being impossible.

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
trying to get ifrits by free isnt that nice... we do fight a lot to get them and spend our time and effort, why a squad with like wave 8-9 should get ifrit parts if there are not many other squads :unsure: its not even like we spend gravis or wait 30 minutes but i guess thats easier to say :|

katana88

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
__KaTaNa__
Rank
I do not find Eagle cortex useful. Not moving in this game is rarely beneficial at all. The only times would be sniping turrets from a distance or tagging a CU or Giza in Sirius. Anything beyond that it will not do much.

Ifrit can give a boost more often especially when you have protector. ofc you have to repair when you are going to die and protector/shield is on cooldown but you get boost for those shots you fired in the meantime. but mayby that is just my theory since getting Ifrit is being impossible.
and ifrit can turn tide of pvp battle unless your opponent is too wise and expects it. still its good advantage and another way of defense when your firepower increases so much. (taking about pvp)

Nicoredje

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Deleted
Rank
trying to get ifrits by free isnt that nice... we do fight a lot to get them and spend our time and effort, why a squad with like wave 8-9 should get ifrit parts if there are not many other squads :unsure:
Only the same 5 people being at top of scoreboard through the whole event is not nice either. why should we not get at least 1 or 2 parts for getting close to their score? We are also spending time and effort and with nothing to show for it and we even made it past wave 11 or 12 multiple times.

katana88

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
__KaTaNa__
Rank
yeah lol 2-3 parts would harm nothing. u can get ur 6 or even 10 parts. just give me something to be satisfied after spending hours and hours but getting nothing.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
I don't know but at least in Gaia (most active server) it isn't result very difficult to obtain cortex (I am talking about to reach the first three places).
First of, you need to be with another four pilots that play well the reactor (full ancient and parsec/raven ships highly recommended). If you have a poenary in your team, he will need to distract the boss since wave 5 and above, while the rest kill all the enemies. Else with a chromian or slate or marlstone or any tank your squad will replace the poenary to take away the boss.
The second one, as the reactor is a challenge, it is more difficult to kill enemys instead of the regular ones on Sirius or Tau Ceti. So, your squad not only depends of what the ships you have to it and if you have a full ancient ships, also it depends on your skills.
You can use gravitons but if you do it well, you might not need to use it or at least not spend a lot (using it as a joker items)

I have seened in the international Discord, the pilot Livai sharing this score from server Trantor: 1600709178377.png

Using it as example, if one squad of three pilots can do it better than squads of five pilots, it looks like the rest of the people are lack of skill (or better ships/equipment).
I think that with practice you might go better. But it also depends of your mates too.

I seened in this event the most fairest reactor challenge. With 30 minutes of graviton cooldown, the people that always had used it each 5 minutes to buff and save themself, only can use it like it was created: for change the course of the battle instead of spam a lot of it to win always. ;)

Last edited:

Nicoredje

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Deleted
Rank
It is not the case that 5 pilots can not beat 3 pilots what we are talking about. As I mentioned before we even make it past wave 11 and 12. So the issue is not the lack of skill or equipment to get close to their score. The issue is there are not more than 20 people playing which means there is only 1 squad that gets anything from their time and effort. Sadly I have to mention it again. We do not want free ifrits. We just want a chance to make progress to getting a ifrit. a chance we do not get because there is 1 squad that beats all and everyone every reset. Which is fine, but other people want to get parts too. This might be a non-issue in gaia since it is the most populated server but in Askone you be lucky to find 3 squads trying to make it past the waves. Which at best means 15 players.

gonzaabel

Reaction score
Server
Gaia
Main Pilotname
The Doctor
Rank
Thanks for explain.

So the issue there is that only a few squads plays the reactor... I think that if you complete wave 11 or above, you deserve to get 2~4 cortex parts also based on the position of your squad in the scoreboard.

Waves from 1 to 9 are not too difficult. So, it would be good that the scoreboard be more rewarding.

On gaia we had between 115~125 squads at the beginning of the event. Now the normal flow of squads is between 20~40 if I have seened it right and it gives rewards to the first 3~6 places.

katana88

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
__KaTaNa__
Rank
thats our point exactly and thats why we request from developers to look in this matter. with current situation its too frustrating to do any run on askone

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
As I mentioned before we even make it past wave 11 and 12. So the issue is not the lack of skill or equipment to get close to their score.
We just want a chance to make progress to getting a ifrit. a chance we do not get because there is 1 squad that beats all and everyone every reset.
I do find a contradiction here, if there is no issue nor lack of equipment to beat the first score, why then it isn't possible, its not like gravitons or even long reactors for gravitons are used, its just regular reactor runs, so i dont really understand how this could be happening.

I do think this game already lacks to much exclusive things, other mmo's really have a lot of titles, rewards, exclusive looking content, for those players that achieve a milestone, in some its super hard and it really makes other players be impressed of those, i do consider ifrits like something like that, something that u need to work really hard and not everyone should have unless they fight hard for it, otherwise at the end everything is for everyone and the competivity is lost... i do find that competition in mmo is really important

thats just my opinion, im open for different points of view but i would still love to see a lot more exclusivity in some stuff like titles or such, those really give a lot of life.

Nicoredje

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Deleted
Rank
I do find a contradiction here, if there is no issue nor lack of equipment to beat the first score, why then it isn't possible, its not like gravitons or even long reactors for gravitons are used, its just regular reactor runs, so i dont really understand how this could be happening.

I do think this game already lacks to much exclusive things, other mmo's really have a lot of titles, rewards, exclusive looking content, for those players that achieve a milestone, in some its super hard and it really makes other players be impressed of those, i do consider ifrits like something like that, something that u need to work really hard and not everyone should have unless they fight hard for it, otherwise at the end everything is for everyone and the competivity is lost... i do find that competition in mmo is really important

thats just my opinion, im open for different points of view but i would still love to see a lot more exclusivity in some stuff like titles or such, those really give a lot of life.
Why would what I said be a contradiction? Like I said we make it past wave 11 and 12 but can't get past your squads score you squad finish like wave 13 or 14. Also where did I mention gravitions and where did I complain about them?

destroier6

Reaction score
Server
Aurora
Main Pilotname
destroier6
Well, it was mentioned before from that it is just because of "waiting 30 minutes and using gravitons" from one of those that also mentioned the topic :)

Nicoredje

Reaction score
Server
Askone
Main Pilotname
Deleted
Rank
Well, it was mentioned before from that it is just because of "waiting 30 minutes and using gravitons" from one of those that also mentioned the topic :)
That was gonzaable not me or katana.

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
Well for me it should be whole different.
The event should be fair for all of us.

I would say this kind of rank listing would be much more comfortable instead of trying to beat the squad who reached 14k point on the reactor every 4 Hours.

1. Place 6 Ifrit
2. Place 3 Ifrit
3. Place 1 Ifrit

Or if it's too much it could be also like this

1. Place 3 Ifrit
2. Place 2 Ifrit
3. Place 1 Ifrit

Then everyone would get satisfied.

Also I liked the idea to replace the 4 hours timer to 1 hours so everyone could get the Ifrit.

katana88

Reaction score
Main Pilotname
__KaTaNa__
Rank
3 , 2 or 1 ifrit ? thats even worse to give such pity amount.
Askone just needs 20 or 30% top scores.
more places , more rewards, everyone happy.

dontbelive

Reaction score
Server
Korell
Main Pilotname
Emiya
Rank
3 , 2 or 1 ifrit ? thats even worse to give such pity amount.
Askone just needs 20 or 30% top scores.
more places , more rewards, everyone happy.
I mean it should be permanent rewards for first, second and third place. It should not depend on top scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.